Namaari: 2
Azog: 3

Rumble 20553 Henry Evans vs. Koba
MATCH SCORE
Henry Evans: 0
Koba: 5

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 4

Fox

CBUB Fantasy Teams is kind of like Fantasy Sports games.  You draft a Team and they get thrown into matches for a "Season" which is typically several weeks.

In case you need a refresher on the rules, here you go :

OK so in Season Four - here are the Team Positions to draft for.

SLOT 1: Keeping The Team Real

A normal human with NO Powers or Power Stunts who uses a NORMAL non high-tech or magical earth weapon.

Base Line Examples:
- Katnis Everdeen
- The Lone Ranger
- Zorro
- Jason Bourne

SLOT 2: The Team's Worst Villain!

A Third-Rate Marvel or DC Comic Book Villain who is kind of a joke and loses all the time. Generally street-Level power class.

Base Line Examples:
- Kangaroo
- Kite Man
- Stilt Man

SLOT 3: Costing The Team A Quarter To Play

A playable character from a PVP fighting arcade game. Characters must originate from the Arcade Game - no comic book characters put in fighting games.

Base Line Examples:
- Street Fighter
- Tekken
- Mortal Combat

SLOT 4: The Team's Japanese Asset

Either a Giant Robot or Giant Kaiju monster character.  Not cosmicly powerful and not a character that destroys planets.  Typical Giant Robots and Kaiju.

Base Line Examples:
- Mecha Godzilla
- Gamera
- Iorn Giant

SLOT 5: Bring In the Team's Big Gun!

A High-Power Marvel or DC Comic Book character that is NOT Cosmic Level.  Not a God, Entity or Force of Nature. Certainly can destroy a skyscraper.  Might be able to destroy a city block in one attack.

Base Line Examples:
- Iron Man

- Wonder Woman
- The Human Torch

SLOT 6: The Team's Greatest Liability

A Non-Powered, Non-Animated Human character with no combat skill whatsoever from a TV Show or Movie in the Pop-Culture category.

Base Line:
- The description tells all you need. Work with that.

SLOT 7: The Team Pet

A character that is an animal. The animal could reasonably be expected to share a house with a human or live on a farm with a human. Not giant sized and vicious, naturally.

Anthropomorphic Toon animals will not be accepted. 

Base Line:
- Let's see what you come up with.

13 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

Slot 1: John Wick

Slot 2: Codpiece (DC Post-Crisis)

Slot 3: Akuma (Street Fighter)

Slot 4: King Ghidorah (Monsterverse)

Slot 5: Wonder Woman

Slot 6: Ted (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)

Slot 7: Appa

Strong team, I'll steal it when the draft is open.

5 hours ago, corvette1710 said:

Slot 1: John Wick

Slot 2: Codpiece (DC Post-Crisis)

Slot 3: Akuma (Street Fighter)

Slot 4: King Ghidorah (Monsterverse)

Slot 5: Wonder Woman

Slot 6: Ted (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)

Slot 7: Appa

Codpiece is actually not in the CBUB Database.

People may have to add characters they want to use.

episode 9 coffee GIF

7 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

The last draft went live at 12pm Pacific.  Maybe check in then?  Unless you want to be up 12 hours waiting.  

I will try and shoot for that again.  Noon-ish Sunday

Once you have picked something, nobody else can choose it.  So the pick is yours once you have it in a slot.

I'll be back later to look over the teams waiting for approval but in the mean time consider your picks.

Thanks!

Quick question. Does the character in Slot 1 have to be armed, or can he/she/it fight mainly hand-to-hand?

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Quick question. Does the character in Slot 1 have to be armed, or can he/she/it fight mainly hand-to-hand?

No does not have to be armed.  Like, "MacGyver" could be a potential candidate for that slot.

macgyver GIF by CBS

• Like 1

For Slot 5 ...

A High-Power Marvel or DC Comic Book character that is NOT Cosmic Level.  Not a God, Entity or Force of Nature. Certainly can destroy a skyscraper.  Might be able to destroy a city block in one attack.

... I'm concerned some of the characters I'm seeing have, essentially,  cosmic level power.

Can I get a opinion on these:

Lobo
Beta Ray Bill
Captain Atom

10 minutes ago, Fox said:

For Slot 5 ...

... I'm concerned some of the characters I'm seeing have, essentially,  cosmic level power.

Can I get a opinion on these:

Lobo
Beta Ray Bill
Captain Atom

I think each of these guys could take out more than a city block. I'm sure there are versions of them that are considered cosmic. Maybe just compare them to Superman in terms of power scale?

Beta Ray Bill is planetary.

Rebirth Lobo is probably fine but not that good. N52 Lobo is a ton of scaling and not much else, probably fine for the tier if you don't look at his scaling too hard. PC Lobo is probably too strong for his positive scaling over PC Superman. Technically, due to DC canon shenanigans in the last couple years, most notably Doomsday Clock, these are all the same character.

N52 Captain Atom no-sells a citybusting beam from Firelord and is a big time matter/reality manipulator. PC Captain Atom is maybe in tier? He has a lot of feats, you can look over them here. The Doomsday Clock thing also applies to him as far as I'm aware.