Brock Samson: 4
Evil Ash: 0

Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Electric Ferret memorial

Guest KevinDWolf93

forums not popping now is it? Oh, just...well I have to ask. Might as well throw it in for the future to look back at.

Funniest:

*ND's rping flub's- All of them. Go out and find em while they're still here. RP board and CBUB RP, you'll be able to tell where he's been.

Favorite:

*Landon's RP- Im an rp kind of guy, been in a lot and loved a few. However when all is said and done Sky City was sort of awesome. Landon did a good job overall, the pacing was amazing(thanks to landon having deadlines...genius), and magical girls are great. The action was tense and my PC got semi-fame status without hardly being in anything else up to this point. Oh and then like 3/4 of the team died. Still sorry bout that landon, was kind of our fault, a few things went wrong(well a few things and a suicide bomber). Damn fine stuff for getting tpk'd within a week, I'm first in line on the off-chance he ever does that shit again.

*Scariest:

About 40 seconds ago- When I read treach's line and thought the forum was going down today before we could get everything in order.

Guest Ruinus

Most memorable moment for me was when I was debating whatshisface in that Dragon Ball thread, and he proved that light has 0 speed because he showed me a picture of a light bulb. I remember reading that post and just sort of surfing the waves of idiocy that were emanating from it.

This is going to be long winded, so many good/bad times remembered.  Let's start at the beginning (Note, I've probably told some of these stories a dozen times before)...

A treacherous journey (My EF Timeline)

2004 : At some point before this, I had seen this site and said, "This is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life."  Then I never returned to it.  Then when I had a chance in 2004, I returned to it.  I thought the CBUB was fine, but at that time only admins could create matches and they would only pick certain comments to post on the match as well.  So I said, "Let me see what this FPL is about."  I checked it out and I said, "This is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life." So I tried it.  Back then, they used to Godsmack characters for sucking.  Well, everything I submitted got Godsmacked, so I quit.  But I still thought the site was amazing, so I lurked.

2004 thru 2006 : Lurking died down to a crawl... to a halt.

2007 : At this point, I had a little disposal income, got back into comics and said to myself, "Wonder what that Electric Ferret site is doing."  Note: Also at this point, I could barely remember the name of the site.  Took me awhile to re-find it. 

2007 : Cont... Knew I wanted to join the FPL and seek revenge against all those admins that denied me.  Knew I wasn't confident enough to do so.  Decided, I would go try my luck at the CBUB.  If I could do well there... So I entered the CBUB.  I can't remember my first match.  It was either Dr. Light vs. Cloak or a Trilogy of Hellboy vs. matches that ended with Hellboy fighting Cthulhu.  I remember the Dr. Light match didn't get much attention, but the Hellboy thing went  over well. 

2007 : 2008

- For the whole of that year, I hit CBUB hard.  Most memorable moments: The Clash for Khazan CBUB RP : FTANG Commando, The Once and Forever, Technomancer of Nesh, Granobulax, ND4(7,10), Silver Surfer and dozens of others participated in an RP I created and ran right on the CBUB boards.  Back then, the fights could only handle so many posts and then they would break.  We did three games and we used to tear the boards all to pieces because we would have 100's of posts each game.  It was lots of fun, because we would break the boards, we'd have to create new matches and spill into those (and break them too). 

- The Tournament of Swords and the Tournament of Fighters: Huge tournaments that I held on the CBUB.  These tournaments would basically ask users to pick one fighter who was either ad swordfighter in the former and a hand to hand fighter in the latter.  I would have 20 to 30 combatants and I created 100's of matches to finish these.  I think I led in match creation during this time.  Plus, I had an A rating for quite a long time.  Those tournaments were fun.  During this time, I met...

- Granobulax!  Nicest guy you'll ever meet. The Ken to my Ryu.  After all that stuff, Grano became my rival/friend.  He would always one-up me and I had to one-up him back.  The friendly rivalry really helped both of us improve a lot.  Grano did the best series of CBUB stories (set-ups) I'd seen on CBUB next to Rakai's Predator stuff.  He did a series of King Kong matches following a family of Kong's from Skull Island or wherever Kong was from.  Good stuff.

2008 : The FPL Challenge!!! This was the year I was personally challenged to do battle in the FPL by the Main Character himself (Landon).  It was perfect timing because I had exhausted most ideas on CBUB and I was feeling slightly confident to try my hand at FPL.  The decision was made for me since they happened to be holding an FPL tournament at the time.  Before the challenge was brought to me, I had been hanging in the FPL forums and kinda getting to know the crowd.  I had been keeping up with them and their characters too.  Research.

To be continued...

Guest silversurfer092

I remember when Ivan told me to get my shit together and told me all about Bill Finger. Then I decided to get my shit together with comics (ie. quit CBUB because I was too lazy to read the wikipedia/found out that if the comic writers didn't have their shit together, there's no way I would).

It's already been said but my earlier *vulgarity* ups, are there for some laughs. SIEGFRIED ARISE FOR THE SEVENTEETH TIME! OR TWENTIETH. Raphael hurl rocks and perform feats that shouldn't be physically possible. Jason, get shot in the head and act like a complete pussy!  In all honesty, tend to look upon my past RPing with dislike at how much of a moron I was and still am at times, but eh over the years, I've been able to look back at them somewhat and laugh.Though, not all the time as I said, I don't like past me.  That being said, they're still kind of the memory I try to pretend isn't there but well, it's there and it'll never go away in the hearts and minds of my friends.

Now, my most memorable moment here? When I first joined with Bule vs Cujo: Steve WS wondering ruound teh husoe oorkinor Bule. But bUle was nowere to bee seen. Steve herd gruwlin an orened the door. CUJO wes stedin ther wit rabids. Bad dog SteVe seird as Blue gruwled and Cujo and him fight. 

Yeah, probably not nearly as bad as when I first wrote it back in 2006/2007? Ah, well I'll always thank Surfer and Hamboy for helping me out with my typing on Haven of Wiidom.

Oh man, it's ending? That really sucks. From my humble beginnings of whether Saint of Killers can defeat Lobo, it has been home for much of my internet life. I have this site alone in helping me become the pop culture geek that I am today. I made great friends, entered great competitions (NEVAH FORGET TEH 'KILL THE USER ABOVE YOU' THREAD) and found out I had lots of potential in the RPIng world.

It's pretty crazy that I made over 200 matches over the years. I pretty much made one daily at my peak time. College pretty much put a kibosh on that, but I learned I was a much better writer than I thought even though I hated English classes.

Shoutouts to tomisntblue, Hugo Fowl, Nesh, Jaeger Panzer, Nova Force Nova, ND7 (as much as I hate to admit it, I will always remember your run in UWT2 for the deaths), Skir, michales for often being the lone person posting replies in my matches and anyone else that I may have forgot. And remember that while this site may die, Khazan and it's inhabitants will live on for eons to come. As long as someone knows of this little world containing canon and OC characters living side by side, I will be content. (Though I bet this will make a great TV series that will rival that horrible MAD show, with Callisto and Harley Quinn as hosts of course).

I have summer classes, but I might try and create a final arc worthy of this show's departure. Stay tuned (unless I hit the infamous writers block).

Late 1999.  I did an internet search for "Thanos vs Darkseid."  Wound up reading through the comments of the classic "Apocalypse vs Darkseid" CBUB match.  (You CBUBers have to remember this was the late 90s- Apocalypse had tons of Street Cred, there was no such thing as The Sentry, and demanding "feats" for anything would still get you laughed off the internet.  It was a better time.)  I wound up intrigued by the idea of a "create your own superhero" site and clicked over to the FPL.  It was possibly the single most influential link I've ever clicked on.  I lurked on the site for a few weeks, reading message board posts which lamented the loss of The Simulator (a very old program which would predict the results of a match between any two FPL characters based solely on powers, an idea which is laughable today.)  There were discussions about piercing, and reinforced defenses, and a whole thread of math to try and quantify Standard vs Superior vs Supreme vs Ultimate power levels.  I decided to register and vote just as Stella Aurorae was just starting her Main Event run, and create my own character.  Oh god, my first character was a mess.  He was a port from a fantasy RPG, and he had an amulet which shot magic beams at people.  The character was straight-up rejected for lack of content.  I got over it, rewrote him and resubmitted.  The new version was 10 times better, which meant he was still pretty terrible, and I had the luck to enter the FPL during a period when everyone was congratulating themselves on how great the writing was.  I did my best to step up, and my next major effort was part of a group project called The New Management.  At the time the FPL was flooded by group projects where creators got together to create related characters, and for a while the voting trends heavily favored being part of a group.  Writing quality grew by leaps and bounds, and nostalgia for this period still exists today, (even though every single one of those characters straight-up sucked by today's standards.)

On 7/29/2013 at 11:51 AM, treacherous said:

This is going to be long winded, so many good/bad times remembered.  Let's start at the beginning (Note, I've probably told some of these stories a dozen times before)...

A treacherous journey (My EF Timeline)

2004 : At some point before this, I had seen this site and said, "This is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life."  Then I never returned to it.  Then when I had a chance in 2004, I returned to it.  I thought the CBUB was fine, but at that time only admins could create matches and they would only pick certain comments to post on the match as well.  So I said, "Let me see what this FPL is about."  I checked it out and I said, "This is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life." So I tried it.  Back then, they used to Godsmack characters for sucking.  Well, everything I submitted got Godsmacked, so I quit.  But I still thought the site was amazing, so I lurked.

2004 thru 2006 : Lurking died down to a crawl... to a halt.

2007 : At this point, I had a little disposal income, got back into comics and said to myself, "Wonder what that Electric Ferret site is doing."  Note: Also at this point, I could barely remember the name of the site.  Took me awhile to re-find it. 

2007 : Cont... Knew I wanted to join the FPL and seek revenge against all those admins that denied me.  Knew I wasn't confident enough to do so.  Decided, I would go try my luck at the CBUB.  If I could do well there... So I entered the CBUB.  I can't remember my first match.  It was either Dr. Light vs. Cloak or a Trilogy of Hellboy vs. matches that ended with Hellboy fighting Cthulhu.  I remember the Dr. Light match didn't get much attention, but the Hellboy thing went  over well. 

2007 : 2008

- For the whole of that year, I hit CBUB hard.  Most memorable moments: The Clash for Khazan CBUB RP : FTANG Commando, The Once and Forever, Technomancer of Nesh, Granobulax, ND4(7,10), Silver Surfer and dozens of others participated in an RP I created and ran right on the CBUB boards.  Back then, the fights could only handle so many posts and then they would break.  We did three games and we used to tear the boards all to pieces because we would have 100's of posts each game.  It was lots of fun, because we would break the boards, we'd have to create new matches and spill into those (and break them too). 

- The Tournament of Swords and the Tournament of Fighters: Huge tournaments that I held on the CBUB.  These tournaments would basically ask users to pick one fighter who was either ad swordfighter in the former and a hand to hand fighter in the latter.  I would have 20 to 30 combatants and I created 100's of matches to finish these.  I think I led in match creation during this time.  Plus, I had an A rating for quite a long time.  Those tournaments were fun.  During this time, I met...

- Granobulax!  Nicest guy you'll ever meet. The Ken to my Ryu.  After all that stuff, Grano became my rival/friend.  He would always one-up me and I had to one-up him back.  The friendly rivalry really helped both of us improve a lot.  Grano did the best series of CBUB stories (set-ups) I'd seen on CBUB next to Rakai's Predator stuff.  He did a series of King Kong matches following a family of Kong's from Skull Island or wherever Kong was from.  Good stuff.

2008 : The FPL Challenge!!! This was the year I was personally challenged to do battle in the FPL by the Main Character himself (Landon).  It was perfect timing because I had exhausted most ideas on CBUB and I was feeling slightly confident to try my hand at FPL.  The decision was made for me since they happened to be holding an FPL tournament at the time.  Before the challenge was brought to me, I had been hanging in the FPL forums and kinda getting to know the crowd.  I had been keeping up with them and their characters too.  Research.

To be continued...

I think I'm going to leave this incomplete forever as is the FPL tradition.

I'll play. A little over two years ago, I found this site while looking for places to write and maybe win a prize. The monthly challenge was a long long ways away at that time.

I saw all these matches and signed up pretty much right away. My first match was Akuma vs. Fulgore and it got the Dskillz welcome. I got made and did another match and another and another. the count ends at 204. 

I made rank 1 and match judge in 20 matches (very proud of that).

I remember patrickthekid's fighting game story arc which just captivated me.

Hugo Fowl did this outstanding TMNT/ Batman universe crossover arc that also grabbed.

Then I started adding characters. That was the tail end of the submit and wait three months for them to get accepted. Spinal was my first one and it must be around 200 characters added. The denial used to make me furious.

I never got many comments but I remember Dskillz would always give critics and I would get so mad. I know many of you others gave comments too and I always appreciated them.

My favorite debate I had was the Ra, Zeus and Odin vs. Michael, Lucifer and Jesus. It was so much fun going back and forth on something like that without people being all religious and stuff. I have church friends who would have damed us all to hell for making a match like that.

So I guess that it. My worst moment was reading Foxfingers retierment announcement. But I ain't giving up hope! We've got's to save this site.

Peace and blessings on everybody and sorry if I didn't mention you by name.

Guest Jason Voorhees fan

Nothing I hated every one oh and since this is the end

I was Dragix

and Crazykid

and Pyrostryker

So *vulgarity* you and peace.

I was wondering if I'd get to swing the big ban hammer one more time.

Guest force_echo

Like how you think you're a human when you're actually a potato. Oh you, AvP. So silly.

The ironic thing is that a POTATO MUNCHER likes Bioshock Infinite.

-This statement absolutely NOT brought to you by someone who is black.

I was wondering if I'd get to swing the big ban hammer one more time.

You might just. All it would depend on is just one more nutcase, before the site's end.

I'll post my history for ya'll in a little bit, so just be patient.

As a note though, much of it, is based on what you all know already, but the rest, is focused on things that might surprise some of you. ;)