Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

CBUB Fantasy Teams Season 2

Fox

This is the official thread for CBUB Fantasy Teams Season Two.

The Season Two open draft will begin Saturday June 8. If you want a team, you'll swing by and draft one that weekend. Plenty of advance warning.

SLOT ONE: Bringin' the team Kung-Fu

Martial Arts Expert - full contact - Non or limited ranged attack. A humanoid character known for Martial Arts.  This character is expected to be a hand-to-hand type character that uses a martial fighting style.  

Examples: A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Karate Kid, Daredevil, White Tiger, Shang-Chi, Ranma 1/2 School of Martial Arts, Xena, Buffy

SLOT TWO: Doin' the team's CSI Work

A cop, detective, investigator, sleuth, private-eye, spy or mercenary type (human - very low powered or non super).

Example Characters: James Bond, Columbo, Jessica Fletcher, Dutch (from Predator), Roy Miller (Knight and Day), Jackie Chan as SUPER COP, Die Hard

SLOT Three: Processin' the team's odds

A Humanoid robot, autonomous machine, self-aware computer or cyborg of up to average power.  Character must mobile and targetable - Not a stationary computer.

Examples: IG-88, Terminator Robots, Data (Star Trek), Cyborg Friday the 13th Jason (IN SPACE! lol), Machine Man, single lower powered Transformers (like Bumble-bee), Deathlok

SLOT Four: Keepin' the team real

general low powered or STREET Level character - could not destroy a city block quickly. Could possibly destroy a house quickly.

Examples: Wolverine, Spider Man, Bat Man, Black Panther, Blade, Captain America

SLOT Five: The team's anchor

general high powered character - could not destroy a city quickly. Could possibly destroy a city block quickly.

Examples: Iron Man, Classic Hulk, Thing, Colossus, Wonder Woman, Rogue

SLOT Six: The Team's OH SHIT button

All out baby.  The Big Gun.  The only things that are going to be illegial in this category are cosmic level force of nature entities like Galactus, Q (Star Trek), The Living Tribunal, The Phoenix Force, etc.

Examples: Thor, Super Man, Shazam, Silver Surfer, Magneto, Doctor Strange ... Go big or Go Home

SLOT Seven: Bringin' the team's laffs

Comedy Relief. Comedy Relief. A character which is there to provide comedy relief or a generally funny and comedic character.  A PURE comedy character please, not an action star with witty one-liners.

Examples:  Cartoon characters, Situation Comedy characters, characters that exist to provide comedy relief, comedy show characters.

Thanks!

This is the official thread for CBUB Fantasy Teams Season Two.

The Season Two open draft will begin Saturday June 8. If you want a team, you'll swing by and draft one that weekend. Plenty of advance warning.

SLOT Seven: Comedy Relief. A character from a story or show which is there to provide comedy relief or a general comedy character

Thanks!

what if the comedy relief is a duo can you still use them.

Guest Incredible Hulk

SLOT Three: Humanoid and self-contained (non-distributed) robot, autonomous machine, self-aware computer or cyborg.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "self-contained (non-distributed). Also, what is the max power level/rating for this category?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "self-contained (non-distributed). Also, what is the max power level/rating for this category?

Sure, as an example SKY-NET is distributed.  That is, it exists in many computer systems like the internet.  Whereas one of SKY-NET's T-1000 Terminator Robots is not distributed - it is a self contained cyborg entity.

The Red Queen, from Resident Evil 1 I think - the Umbrella Corp hologram, is also distributed.

Power level / rating hasn't been set.  However Planet Destroying will be out.  Sorry Unicron.

Guest sithisson

Cool and looking forward to it. Have some ideas already save for maybe the high powered one.; will have to think on that.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Sure, as an example SKY-NET is distributed.  That is, it exists in many computer systems like the internet.  Whereas one of SKY-NET's T-1000 Terminator Robots is not distributed - it is a self contained cyborg entity.

The Red Queen, from Resident Evil 1 I think - the Umbrella Corp hologram, is also distributed.

Power level / rating hasn't been set.  However Planet Destroying will be out.  Sorry Unicron.

Oh okay, thanks

Would the Borg Queen from Star Trek: TNG be distributed?

No not distributed for the purposes of a CBUB match because she was depicted as an autonomous humanoid being.

SKY-NET has never been depicted strictly as a defeatable humanoid character. SKY-NET is everywhere and in everything. It is essentially an abstract being and that just doesn't fit the category.

"The Matrix" itself as a character is another one which will not fly. The Red Queen from Resident Evil, Joshua from War Games ... you get the idea.

The Holographic Doctor from Star Trek Voyager could be a CBUB Season contender because he also was shown to be a roaming self contained entity when using the portable holographic projector.

I would like to join for Season 2

Well it is incredibly easy. Just swing by on draft day and you will find a button in your CBUB control panel to draft a team

Im assuming Fox is letting me help judge characters allowed for teams. He asked me to post my suggestions to him for all to see for the upcoming season 2. So to help clarify some...

As far as slot 3, 4, and 5 for season two goes...

Spiderman as an example as the LIMIT for slot 4

BELOW superman and thor level for slot 5

around superman and thor level (no cosmics) for slot 6

Guest badpierce

I think I will give season 2 a try. I like the new CBUB.

Are there power limits for spots 1 and 3?

I really like that the slots are getting into some better specifics regarding character powers.

SLOT Three: Processin' the team's odds

A Humanoid robot, autonomous machine, self-aware computer or cyborg of up to average power.  Character must mobile and targetable - Not a stationary computer.

Examples: IG-88, Terminator Robots, Data (Star Trek), Cyborg Friday the 13th Jason (IN SPACE! lol), Machine Man, single lower powered Transformers (like Bumble-bee), Deathlok

Two things about slot 3. First, isn't Bumlebee way more powerful than anyone else listed there? He may not be a good example of a low powered robot. Second, are machines that infect other machines allowed? I'd hate to see a character chosen who wins every match with "Character A controls Character B's mechanical brain and forces it to self-destruct lawlz." Would get annoying.

I really like that the slots are getting into some better specifics regarding character powers.

Two things about slot 3. First, isn't Bumlebee way more powerful than anyone else listed there? He may not be a good example of a low powered robot. Second, are machines that infect other machines allowed? I'd hate to see a character chosen who wins every match with "Character A controls Character B's mechanical brain and forces it to self-destruct lawlz." Would get annoying.

The characters have to be self contained and can not replicate or take over the other machine.  Example T-X could be used but for the season purpose, she cant simply take control of the other robotic character.  There are many characters to choose from in this category.  Bumblebee would be high powered but there are plenty others that could be just as dangerous.  A normal (low tier) transformer I would say would be the max on power level though.

Two things about slot 3. First, isn't Bumlebee way more powerful than anyone else listed there? He may not be a good example of a low powered robot.

It reads of up to Average power.  And, you know, if that is the case that Bumble Bee is indeed more powerful than the others listed, then I guess everyone should take a transformer.  There's a crap-ton of them to choose from.

I saw the Transformers movie and I didn't get the feeling that most were all that powerful - or any more so than the more advanced Terminator models.  But, what do I know.  Your mileage may vary out on the Kill Floor.

Incidentally, if you are planning to take a particular Transformer for SLOT 3, then the time to get them into the Character Database for use would be this week.

Guest Shoggoth breeder

I'm guessing that something like Mecha-Godzilla would be over the power limit for Season 2?

I'm guessing that something like Mecha-Godzilla would be over the power limit for Season 2?

It would work for slot 6