Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

CBUB Fantasy Draft Season One Slots

Fox

On a side note, someone please explain to me how wonder woman is street level?

Read FoxFinger's description of street level?

Really, it isn't that hard.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sithisson

LOL that's why you have to be careful who you choose. 

Edit: This is going to be a hell of a season. Great teams people.

A lot of these teams are cool concepts in and of themselves! I was just too late for some of the picks so if anything mine should be called Subs are Us LOl. Not that I'm complaining; it'll be interesting to see how this random outs to and what characters will start the opening volley.

Read FoxFinger's description of street level?

Really, it isn't that hard.

what is this reading you speak of?  :P

Guest deojusto

Yeah, Wonder Woman isn't street. If you can go toe to toe with the man in blue pajamas even for a minute, then you're at least a global threat in spirit.

Also, to peypeypey, kudos on going outside the mainstream with your two bench picks, and the other picks as well. I almost picked Tex but it didn't really work as well with my theme; Church may not be as much of a powerhouse as she would, but you never know, he could always just go back in time and start over again.

Kudos to the guy (or gal) who picked Brock as well. He was a hard second choice for my first slot and I will find it difficult to ever vote against the Swedish murder machine.

Guest Incredible Hulk

OH man, we have 45 approved teams  :blink: ............

That amounts to:

315 total characters involved

225 active characters

90 benched characters

and

about 45 characters per category (with 90 for melee since there were two same slots for melee). Although some of those characters will be benched

:blink:  wow.................

Edited by Incredible Hulk

I had to close the draft as the number of Matches per Week at 45+ teams - in order to ensure each team will be represented - is going to be... a lot.

With this number of teams, each team will get 1 character in per Round.  Each of a Team's five chosen active characters will get one round to represent the team.  That is still going to be something like 25 Matches per week for five rounds (weeks)  to vote on and kick around.  Quite a few.

Thanks!

You know I really did not expect the draft to fill up so fast.  Silly me.

I have to finish getting Umpire ready to run the Season.  Could be a couple days completing its logic before Round 1 begins.

Thanks!

Guest sirmethos

Yeah, Wonder Woman isn't street. If you can go toe to toe with the man in blue pajamas even for a minute, then you're at least a global threat in spirit.

Also, to peypeypey, kudos on going outside the mainstream with your two bench picks, and the other picks as well. I almost picked Tex but it didn't really work as well with my theme; Church may not be as much of a powerhouse as she would, but you never know, he could always just go back in time and start over again.

Kudos to the guy (or gal) who picked Brock as well. He was a hard second choice for my first slot and I will find it difficult to ever vote against the Swedish murder machine.

People seem to be far too hung up on the "street" label, instead of actually looking at/using the definition that was given.

When we say Street Level, we mean that the character is usually portrayed as fighting battles at the human "Earthly" level and are not the type which destroy planets (or flatten major cities for that matter) with a wave of their hand.

People seem to be far too hung up on the "street" label, instead of actually looking at/using the definition that was given.

Well Methos he shouldn't have used the labe if it didn't fit the defintion.  Honstly that definition is flawd.  If people followed that defintion even Superman qualifies and it simply becomes people grabbing for te same high powered characters they always do in matches with no strategy other than have the strongest guys.  The street level abel shouldn't have been put there if it wasn't what Foxfingers meant.  I honestly think keeping to actual street level would've made itmore interesting.

Guest sirmethos

Maybe, but that's a completely different discussion. 

People are complaining that <insert character> is not "street level", but for the purpose of this tournament, they are according to the definition given.

he shouldn't have used the label if it didn't fit the defintion.

He used a label, which has many different definitions, then gave his own definition of what the label means in this particular case, if you don't like it, don't play the game, simple as that.

Maybe, but that's a completely different discussion. 

People are complaining that <insert character> is not "street level", but for the purpose of this tournament, they are according to the definition given.

It's a bad definition, it needs to be changed.

Guest bigballerju

Seriously teams are already in so no point discussing whether or not it's a good definition.

Seriously teams are already in so no point discussing whether or not it's a good definition.

At the very leasst it's feedback for future drafts, a defintion of Street level really shouldn't include people who can take on god/god-like enties in single combat, of which there are multipule in this draft.

I'll be honest, I would never have picked Iron Man or Wonder Woman if they hadnt been in Fox Fingers' example.

So what would happen if Wonder Woman fights a Jedi or a Sith? What does Wonder Woman have to stop a lightsaber from cutting her. How can Wonder Woman fight someone that can use the force?

Guest bigballerju

Actually a powerful force user could beat Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman's bracelets could block a lightsaber since they wouldn't cut through those. Honestly a Jedi or Sith would be better off facing her from a distance and just using their force abilities. Close combat puts the chances much higher in her favor.

Actually a powerful force user could beat Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman's bracelets could block a lightsaber since they wouldn't cut through those. Honestly a Jedi or Sith would be better off facing her from a distance and just using their force abilities. Close combat puts the chances much higher in her favor.

Very much true, but Wonder Woman has the speed to close the distance easily.