Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

May (the 4th be with you) 2013 CBUB Challenge

Culwych1

MAY 2013

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Ruinus, Culwych and Treacherous(?) come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Ruinus.

The Deadline

May 4 - May 19 2013

The Challenge/Rules

"May the 4th be with you..."

It's all about space this month. The judges are looking for anything from alien invasions to galactic battles, from X Files to MIB via Aliens, Predators, Star Wars and Star Trek and the more 'out there' the better. 

The April Challenge Grand Prize

This month's challenge has two possible prizes:

Prize #1: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the May tournament that participant will receive one $100 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #2: for the May tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.

Prize Eligibility for the Judges Random Prize Drawings:

To be eligible for the Judges Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:
- Only official May Tournament Judges are eligible

Prize Eligibility for the One Tournament Winner's Prize:

To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:

- You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the May tournament
- You must enter the May Tournament with a Match
- You must have a email address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you
- Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges

The one Tournament Winner's Prize and the Random Judge Draw prizes will occur after the deadline date and after the May Results thread is posted (whenever the Judges get around to it) in which their Challenge Winner is selected.  Notification of winning will only occur via these forums (naturally).

These prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. Good Luck!

Thanks!

Hmmm... *strokes chin* 

I might try to enter this one with a Pred match.  Use to write a bunch of those.  Just need to think of one and provide detail and originality to it.

Guest sithisson

I think I have an idea for this. Just have to do some research on a certain subject first. 

Guest Incredible Hulk

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to meet the deadline for this with school and exams coming up also. I'll still post the match that would have been my entry for this contest when I get done with it, but I don't want have to rush it and have it be a bad one.

I should be able to put more effort into these contests once school is over with. Which I'm glad for :)

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to meet the deadline for this with school and exams coming up also. I'll still post the match that would have been my entry for this contest when I get done with it, but I don't want have to rush it and have it be a bad one.

I should be able to put more effort into these contests once school is over with. Which I'm glad for :)

I hear ya.  I have had my match in mind for awhile.  Just worked out when I heard the genre was space/alien oriented.  My academy is over on June 14.  I'll have more time to devote then.

Um, isn't the deadline the 19th

Yeah mea culpa on that one, I thought it would be good to end the challenge on a Sunday so people would have more time to enter... So a bit of an extension to all. Should really have run that by the other judges and Fox lol!