Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13506 Spider-Man vs. Sabretooth

Guest Darxeth

If anything Peter is at his most effective when he pissed. Once in the aftermath of the gauntlet where he thought his enemies had caused the death of a baby he hunted them all down within a matter of hours. He actually brought a building down on the enforcers and Shocker. Once in a comic where Betty Brant was injured in little Russia or something he took out an entire neighbourhood of criminals in like an hour. Add that to prior knowledge of Sabertooth, his specialty of beating guys stronger than him and the probababilty that he will just web creed up and axphyxiate him and you have one very, very dead dog.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZeroAccess

I just don't see it, in a closed confined area, Sabretooth has more fatal weapons at his disposal. I can't see Spidey's spider sense helping because of the rage. I've never seen Spiderman that pissed off. Gotta remember ya'll this is MJ. If I were him I'd be seeing red I think he'll charge in and Sabretooth will overpower him.

Spiderman's main things are his intelligence in fighting and acrobatics. Web stuff ...isn't going to help with this its just too enclosed. If it were say a larger opened area where Spiderman could fling around and use his momentum with web slinging it'd be a different fight. I just don't see Spiderman keeping a clear enough head especially when IT JUST HAPPENED. It'd be one thing if he had a second to process it ya know.

Guest Darxeth

When he showed up later in Power Man/Iron Fist he was partnered with Constrictor and was going out in civilian clothes and a hood as a serial killer. Possibly someone saw that and got confused. But, no, in his earliest appearances he was clearly superhuman and there were strong hints he was a mutant and connected to Wolverine. Chris Claremont and John Byrne were the creative team on both X-Men and Iron Fist at that time so I'm sure it was deliberate.

Ah. Thanks for the info!

Guest Darxeth

Personally, I think Spidey wins.

He'd probably revert to Kain's tactics and use his wall-crawling abilities to rip the flesh from his opponent's body or something.

Looking at the set up and everyone's comments I have to disagree to an extent. With the combined set up and known abilities it's a close match. Sabretooth knows what he is doing. He has taken away Spider-Man's speed and some agility by attacking in a small area. Spider-Man has his strength spider sense and intellect but those aren't guaranteed to give him the win. So recently after such a traumatic event he will be at a loss. He would still be in shock and not thinking clearly. This gives sabretooth the edge by spidey fighting in a rage. Spider-Man can't take the abuse that creed can deal out as easily as the opposite.

Essentially creed has brought spidey into his element. A close quarters brawl. Difference is that creeds injuries sustained will heal rapidly. Now spidey has the superior strength but we all know that's not a given win. His intellect doesn't help much if your in a rage and not thinking clearly such as here. Also his maneuverability has been taken away by the small space. This in my opinion gives sabretooth the win 6/10 times

Guest Darxeth

Looking at the set up and everyone's comments I have to disagree to an extent. With the combined set up and known abilities it's a close match. Sabretooth knows what he is doing. He has taken away Spider-Man's speed and some agility by attacking in a small area. Spider-Man has his strength spider sense and intellect but those aren't guaranteed to give him the win. So recently after such a traumatic event he will be at a loss. He would still be in shock and not thinking clearly. This gives sabretooth the edge by spidey fighting in a rage. Spider-Man can't take the abuse that creed can deal out as easily as the opposite.

Essentially creed has brought spidey into his element. A close quarters brawl. Difference is that creeds injuries sustained will heal rapidly. Now spidey has the superior strength but we all know that's not a given win. His intellect doesn't help much if your in a rage and not thinking clearly such as here. Also his maneuverability has been taken away by the small space. This in my opinion gives sabretooth the win 6/10 times

Hm. I disagree. Nothing is stopping Spidey from taking the fight outside.

I've also noticed that every fight I've ever read of Spidey when he's enraged all end in his favor.

The first two that come to mind are:

1. The Hulk fight (when he thought MJ was dead)

2. Grim Hunt (When he dominated Kraven the hunter)

This is kinda funny (Although I'm not using it to try and prove my point as to why I think Spidey would win)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/81454/1606065-1403375_wolverine_and_spidey_23_super_super.jpg

Hm. I disagree. Nothing is stopping Spidey from taking the fight outside.

I've also noticed that every fight I've ever read of Spidey when he's enraged all end in his favor.

The first two that come to mind are:

1. The Hulk fight (when he thought MJ was dead)

2. Grim Hunt (When he dominated Kraven the hunter)

This is kinda funny (Although I'm not using it to try and prove my point as to why I think Spidey would win)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/81454/1606065-1403375_wolverine_and_spidey_23_super_super.jpg

as far as him beating hulk I find it hard to believe without som pis

As far as Kraven goes he is skilled but sabretooth is superior in all ways except for maybe fighting skills. Creed has strength speed experience and durability over Kraven

Guest Oltobaz

Let's see:

Spidey is much stronger, faster, and also more agile. Besides his healing factor, Sabretooth only edge may be his hand to hand prowess, and it's definitely something to take into account, still, Parker can always rely on his own custom fighting style, which got

even better a few years back, thanks to Shang Chi's training, so this might not be much of a factor after all. In the end, Creed's healing factor will probably keep him alive, unless Parker goes all out and rips his head off. Whatever happens, 'Tooth is in for a beating..

Guest Darxeth

as far as him beating hulk I find it hard to believe without som pis

As far as Kraven goes he is skilled but sabretooth is superior in all ways except for maybe fighting skills. Creed has strength speed experience and durability over Kraven

Those were the two instances off the top of my head. There are probably more instances of Spiderman schooling people when he's angry. I may post some later.

Guest ZeroAccess

Can anyone source when Peter was raging and fighting? I'm wondering if his spider sense and just thoughts aren't clouded. I assumed that he wouldn't be able to fight with blind rage but most people are saying differently. Also can anyone document where Peter is stronger than Creed? Creed's strength has been enhanced a few times and I don't believe Pete's has.

I realize there's nothing stopping Pete from dragging the fight outside and he potentially could throw Creed out the window/through the wall so as to not cause further damage to MJ. I think he'll want to get near MJ to see if she's still alive and that's when Creed will be most efficient.

If Spiderman can still use his spider sense and agility to dodge Creed's attacks I'd give him the win to me this entire fight depends on rather or not Peter can keep a clear head. Everyone's arguments are making me doubt my initial analysis.

Guest Supes Rulez

Peter tears Creed a new one.

It's been shown that, even though he's one of the nicest guys around, hurt his loved ones and you will SUFFER.

So I guess that a few issues later she's resurrected, and Creed too. Comic deaths don't really last long anymore.

Yup. No one wants to remember One More Day, but there it is. Angry Peter doesn't flip his s**t, he just does his level best to murder your face off.

Guest force_echo

Above user put it pretty well. Spidey's not Wolverine. When he gets mad, he doesn't wildly fling punches. He just simply stops pulling his punches and becomes even more fiercely determined. He takes this.

Good set-up and Challenge entry, Darxeth.

Since Sabretooth's been at many different levels of strength and healing ability, and, IIRC, has had adamantium placed on and removed from his bones a couple of times, I'm almost surprised no one's asked these simple questions yet and stopped assuming: Exactly what level of strength, healing, etc. is Sabretooth here, and is his skeleton laced with adamantium?

Guest Darxeth

Good set-up and Challenge entry, Darxeth.

Since Sabretooth's been at many different levels of strength and healing ability, and, IIRC, has had adamantium placed on and removed from his bones a couple of times, I'm almost surprised no one's asked these simple questions yet and stopped assuming: Exactly what level of strength, healing, etc. is Sabretooth here, and is his skeleton laced with adamantium?

In this set-up, Sabretooth has Adamantium-laced bones and can lift around 3-6 tons.

His healing is similar to how it was in the mid 90's.

Alright, then, in that case, Spider-Man eventually wins, but I don't think he'll kill Creed. He's a bit too strong, and more importantly, too quick for Sabretooth and has his Spider-Sense. Also, as mentioned, Pete almost always seems to fight his best when he's angry. Spidey might get tagged with Creed's claws at least once, but in the end, I could see him knocking/hitting Sabretooth from a very high height. Spidey will look away thinking Creed's dead, then be surprised to see him gone next time he looks that way. Creed's a savage, but he usually recognizes when he's overmatched, and will make a getaway as soon as he heals back to consciousness.

Just noticed this.

http://media.comicvi...r_man190_21.jpg

He was angry but I don't think that impaired his thinking.

IIRC, and as implied by his dialogue, Rhino wasn't even looking for a fight and was basically letting Spidey wail on him. Not sure this should really count here.

Guest Darxeth

Just noticed this.

IIRC, and as implied by his dialogue, Rhino wasn't even looking for a fight and was basically letting Spidey wail on him. Not sure this should really count here.

Thanks for the feedback and for also pointing that out.

I wasn't sure if I should include it but I did anyway. heh.

Guest Oltobaz

While Sabretooth has been at different levels of strength, one thing tend to remain consistent: he's stronger than Wolverine, but not by a huge margin. Spidey is definitely stronger!

Guest Darxeth

Hm. I'll guess I'll have to work harder to avoid F's.

Kain, I will impress you with my writing one day!

*shakes fist at the sky*

lol but overall, I received better grades than I thought I would.

Thanks guys! :]