X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13506 Spider-Man vs. Sabretooth

Guest Darxeth

Guest Darxeth

"Come back to bed sweetheart, it's too early," Mary Jane Watson called out to Peter across the bedroom of their small apartment. He had been staring outside of the window for a few minutes after getting up from bed, peering into the distance at the sunrise with an uneasy expression etched across his tired face.

"Don't tell me you've got another mistress that I should know about," she remarked, half-joking. Peter shook his head and smiled. He'd had a rough week; what with struggling to foil Dock Ock's schemes, battling The Lizard periodically and not to mention dismissing Black Cat's advances to have some "alone' time with him; simply put, he was emotionally and physically stressed. And yet here MJ Watson was, successfully reminding him, that despite all of the trials and tribulations he's had to overcome, in the end, it's all worth it. It invigorated him and he noted that nothing could ever be more satisfying than spending time with the love of his life, except for maybe Aunt May's cooking.

Peter opened the window and walked over to Mary Jane, casting an apologetic demeanor.

"I hate to do this baby, but it won't take lon-" Before he could even finish his sentence MJ pressed a finger to his lips and nodded.

"Go get'em, Tiger," she added, kissing him on the cheek. He smiled sheepishly as he quickly dressed in his usual attire, rushed to the open window and leaped out to welcome the early morning air.

Please God, let today be ordinary... Just one quick stroll and I'll be back in no time flat. Peter thought, hurrying across the city skyline. Ever since a few of his enemies had escaped from prison a few weeks back, he'd been on red-alert. He knew most of them had no clue that he was Peter Parker, but the fear was always there; it bothered him every day, especially this day.

Today was Valentine's Day, and it happened to be the first day in a long time that he had planned on having a normal day, well as normal as it can get for the infamous web-slinger who happens to have a rogue gallery the size of a small militia. Regardless, Peter felt that Mary Jane deserved a truly special and completely ordinary day for all of the nights she had stayed up late worrying about his well-being and he planned on making today that day; a day when all the worries of his everyday life could be placed on hold.

As images of romantic dinners slipped through Peter's mind, his train of thought was suddenly interrupted by the sound of sirens and he continued his morning stroll with much less optimism.

----------------------

Victor Creed hurried into a nearby alley as he fled from the mess he had made in the street behind him. He had been instructed by a client to not kill his target but couldn't help himself; there was nothing better than the rush he got from murdering a helpless woman.

When he thought he was a safe distance away, he crawled onto the rooftops of a nearby apartment complex and decided to wait. He couldn't afford getting caught by the cops and knew it'd be wiser to let everything die down a bit.

Then it hit him; the scent of a woman that was unlike any other, a scent so enticing that it would be a crime against his very nature not to pursue. He could tell the woman was definitely close by and alone, though the smell of a male companion was lingering as well.

Victor crept nearer to the source of the aroma, determined to find the host.

As he scaled the side of the complex, using his claws to dig into the brick walls with ease, he quickly spotted her. Her long red hair was flowing freely in the wind as she peered out of her open window, as if she was waiting for someone to swoop in and accompany her.

And she was only a mere five feet below him.

He succumbed to his urges and leapt inside, tackling her to the floor of the small apartment bedroom.

"Mornin' sweetheart," He hissed. She tried to scream but he had placed one hand around her throat so tightly that she couldn't even manage to whimper. He inhaled deeply and let out a satisfied grunt; her scent was intoxicating.

"I've got a killer headache, and you're just what the doctor prescribed," Victor menacingly growled, as he ran his claws down her cheek.

----------------------

Spiderman understood that the cops were on the lookout for an animal which was responsible for a gruesome murder a few blocks from his home. Stricken with worry and paranoia due to the hellish week he had endured , he then realized that MJ could be next. He rushed home as fast as he could just in time to see his wife's lifeless body cast aside onto the floor of his own bedroom by a man, if you could call him that, who immediately registered to Peter as the cause of the animal attacks.

The figure was tall and feral, his amber eyes glared in Peter's direction as Spiderman entered through the window with such animalistic ferocity that Sabretooth was almost impressed. Nonetheless, the savage bore fangs not unlike a rapid animal, with a demeanor to match. His blonde hair was the closest thing to humanity he possessed.

Sabretooth licked the blood off his claws and smiled. He could tell the man who stood before him was the companion of the red head, which made the kill that much sweeter.

"What can I say? She was irresistible," He cackled.

And in an instant, all thoughts of a normal day vanished and Peter Parker finally snapped.

He was going to kill this murdering piece of trash, even if it went against everything he had ever believed.

After a split-second of terrible silence, the two combatants lunged at each other, ready to fight to the death.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigballerju

Good setup and Sabretooth f**ked up. Marvel has made it very clear Spiderman would own Wolverine in a battle and I have always felt Spiderman would do the same to Sabretooth. Spiderman gives Sabretooth one hell of a beating. A pissed off Spiderman is not one to mess with and alot of times he is at his best when angry because he doesn't hold back.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Good (though very disturbing) set-up. Spidey is stronger and faster than Creed and is not holding back. Creed's only advantages are claws (and Spidey has faced similar weapons many times) and his healing factor. That may allow him to come back after Spider-man thinks he's dead, but it won't stop Spidey from doing the job right the second time.

In his debut appearance, Sabretooth was beaten by Iron Fist. IF was snow-blind at the time and couldn't call up his chi powers. He won because Creed's fighting style is all aggression with little or no thought to defense. He tries to put his opponent on the defensize and trusts his durability and healing to take care of counterattack the other guy manages. It costs him when he fights someone who is very fast/skilled and precise in their attacks. IMO, Spider-man is exactly the wrong sort of person for him to fight.

Yes Peter has pwned Wolverine in the past and has fought guys similar to Sabertooth and come out on top even when not gripped by homicidal rage. Sabertooth is getting his head ripped off.

Guest Darxeth

Yeah, initially the set-up was kinda light and humorous (with Spiderman remarking that Sabretooth would never make a good pet if he didn't settle down and what not) but since my other match was humorous, I decided against it.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this set-up, no matter how many times I rewrote it it just never sat well with me but I finally decided on the Blood Valentine approach. heh.

Sorry if it seemed disturbing, I wanted to pit Spiderman in a match with his morals close to zero, similar to how Grim Hunt went down.

I think Spider-Man takes it, but after a much more difficult fight than the others are suggesting. He's actually stronger than Spider-Man if we go by Marvel's official statements, and he's definitely more durable. Also, the only time Spider-Man has really owned Wolvie was when he used his webbing (well, he punched him out of a building one time but that wasn't really a fight). When they first fought, they were even, and Wolverine once almost killed Spider-Man in a "spar" (even though both were extremely pissed off at one another and going all-out).

Also, back when Sabretooth was an Iron Fist villain, he had no superhuman powers whatsoever and was just big, strong and brutal. It wasn't until later, when he started going up against Wolverine, that he was retconned into a mutant.

Good setup, too.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

They have amped up his strength as he's become more popular, but he's had superhuman powers all along. He was stronger and faster than a human fighter when he fought Iron Fist and had animal-like senses. And they knew he was a mutant back then too. It was just 2 issues later (IIRC) that Iron Fist fought Wolverine. He was struck by how similar his fighting style and abilities were to Sabertooth's and wondered if there was a connection. The clear implication was that Sabertooth was a mutant and was connected to Wolverine somehow, though it took them a long time to clear up the details.

Guest ZeroAccess

Spiderman: enhanced speed, agility, strength, clings to walls, spider-sense, and mechanism's to shoot out web fluid, extremely intelligent with science.

Sabretooth: healing factor, immunity to poisons, toxins, etc. super-human senses, strength that surpasses wolverine, endurance, claws, adamantium skeleton, hand to hand combat, expert hunter/tracker, intelligent, and skilled psychological manipulator.

Spiderman has already defeated him in The Spectacular Spider-Man vol 1 #116 when he severely wounded Sabretooth's face. However at this point Sabretooth didn't have his healing factor as I would image a lot of the powers were missing at this time. Sabretooth has been enhanced a few times over the years so if we were to take them as they are right now. It should be an interesting battle. Also taking into account that Spiderman has defeated Wolverine who has defeated Sabretooth is a moot point. There are numerous factors that could and will occur fighting someone.

Spiderman has killed before and this is the type of event to cause him to go a bit past his normal tendencies and become homicidal but with the loss of MJ I wonder will he have a clear enough mind to use his spider sense and battle prowess to his advantage. When Spiderman is protecting people is typically when he's at his best. He finds himself in those situations and uses the captive party to fuel his drive. Sabretooth's limbs can be severed but they cannot be broken and with his endurance it's going to be difficult for Spiderman to get a fatal attack or even one that would slow Sabretooth down. The only thing Spiderman could hope to do is immobilize Sabretooth long enough to where he could get a sharp object and start removing limbs but Spiderman is not known for using knives, swords, etc. and I can't see him having anything conveniently around. Even though I hate to admit it Sabretooth has every definite edge here.

Environment: They're starting to fight in the apartment and I doubt the fight would go much further than that. Sabretooth isn't known for running and hiding he prefers barreling forward and letting his healing factor keep him in the fight. With the death of MJ Spiderman will not be wanting to run away and use the larger open city where he can web sling and potentially use aerial acrobatics to his advantage. He'll charge in not knowing who Sabretooth is and be overwhelmed within seconds.

Sabretooth wins due to endurance, healing factor, knowledge of hand to hand combat, and claws.

Sources:

http://www.spiderfan...faq/killed.html

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Spider-Man

http://en.wikipedia....etooth_(comics)

I'm sure there's some stuff I missed or unintentionally got wrong, with overlapping lore it becomes difficult to try and keep everything within one continuous time stream.

I'd like to thank Darxeth for the opportunity for me to imagine these two going to war. As a side not you stick, I hate that Sabretooth would win this, would love for Spidey to avenge MJ.

Guest TheMarineV2

It'll be a long and bloody fight but Spiderman wins after snapping Sabretooth's neck and chucking his still twitching body out of the window. A form me great set up great read.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I read somewhere that Sabretooth was originally just a human serial killer and they eventually retconned him into being a mutant.

When he showed up later in Power Man/Iron Fist he was partnered with Constrictor and was going out in civilian clothes and a hood as a serial killer. Possibly someone saw that and got confused. But, no, in his earliest appearances he was clearly superhuman and there were strong hints he was a mutant and connected to Wolverine. Chris Claremont and John Byrne were the creative team on both X-Men and Iron Fist at that time so I'm sure it was deliberate.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Okay, I see in wikipedia that the healing factor was a retcon.

He has always had enhanced senses, mildly superhuman strength, and agility.

I see at Marvel.com they have him able to life 118 tons. That looks to me like a bad edit as he has never shown anything anywhere close to that kind of strength. He is stronger than Wolverine, but Wolverine's not all that strong. His healing factor and unbreakable bones allow him to push past peak human limits, but not by that much. Sabertooth seems to have roughly the same muscle quality as Wolverine but he's stronger because he's a lot bigger. This is the best of his strength feats I could find...

UXM-213-13-4.jpg

He's strong enough to make a pretzel our of a barbell shaft and make it look easy. That probably puts him in the 1-2 ton lifting range, possibly a little better.

He is powerful to give Spider-man a good fight, but I have never seen anything that makes me think he is as strong or as fast.

Guest bigballerju

Wolverine was clearly holding back, while Spider-Man was going all out. Hence the lack of claws.

Wolverine still tried to attack when he threw the punch and take him down. He failed horribly.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Cage is roughly in the same strength class as Spider-man. He beat Sabertooth with relative easy. Some of that was because Creed's claws couldn't pierce his super-dense skin, but he was also clearly stronger.

755636-92490_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_18_122_943lo.jpg_super.jpeg

755637-92501_power_man_6_iron_fist_084_20_122_347lo.jpg_super.jpeg

755638-92514_power_man_3_iron_fist_084_21_122_24lo.jpg_super.jpeg

755639-92519_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_22_122_389lo.jpg_super.jpeg

He's a powerful fighter but only mildly superhuman. He's a good match for Wolverine, Captain America, and people in this weight class. Against Spider-man he can put up a good fight, but it'll be a losing one unless he has some sort of equalizer.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Wolverine was clearly holding back, while Spider-Man was going all out. Hence the lack of claws.

Wolverine wasn't using his claws, and would have refrained from killing, but that's the limit of it. It would be out of character for him not to use anything less than his full strength and speed against a powerful foe. And if he couldn't tag Spidey with his fist, he couldn't have tagged him with his claws.

Guest sirmethos

No, Luke Cage is not at "roughly the same strength as Spider-Man". Just like Sabretooth, his strength has increased quite a lot over the years. Starting at a strength of about 3 tons(way below Spider-Man), to his current strength level of about 25 tons(quite a bit above Spider-Man).

Similarly, Sabretooth's strength has been upgraded several times. He started out with a strength of about a ton. His last known strength level before his death was at about 20 tons. And he was upgraded once more after that, with his max strength after the last enhancements being unknown.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

No, Luke Cage is not at "roughly the same strength as Spider-Man". Just like Sabretooth, his strength has increased quite a lot over the years. Starting at a strength of about 3 tons(way below Spider-Man), to his current strength level of about 25 tons(quite a bit above Spider-Man).

Cage's strength has always been inconsistent. When he first appeared, he had problems with really big, strong normals like Big Ben Donovan and Black Mariah. Then he would turn around and punch a hole in Dr. Doom's armor (though I think that one can be written off to PIS.)

When he first met Spiderman (Amazing Spiderman Vol 1 #123 they appeared to be dead even in strength, though Cage was more durable and Spidey was faster and more agile. Honestly, I think 3 tons was a reasonable figure for his strength back then and for Spidey's as well.

When Marvel Handbook came out, Cage's strength was a pretty reasonable 3 tons but Spider-man's had jumped to an inexplicable 10 tons, despite the fact that he had never done anything in that range up to that point. Since then he has (because writers go back to the Handbook) done a lot of things in the 10 ton range and (because some writers can't be bothered to find out how much things weigh) a lot more. He's lifted train cars (30 tons) and tanks (50 tons) and all kinds of stupid stuff like that.

My scan comes from fairly early in Cage's career, when people on the level of Man Mountain Marko were still giving him a hard time. He and Spiderman may not be the same strength level now, but that's sure how they were written back then.

Similarly, Sabretooth's strength has been upgraded several times. He started out with a strength of about a ton. His last known strength level before his death was at about 20 tons. And he was upgraded once more after that, with his max strength after the last enhancements being unknown.

Gotcha. I didn't know about that,

Yeah, Spider-man takes down Sabretooth after a rough fight. I'm trying to look for that comic "A Man Gone Mad" where Peter just looses it. That's a really old book. Or somewhat recent is when Aunt May was sniped, Peter didn't even bother to put on his costume went in to a bar full of thugs and gangs and just beat the tar out of all of them then PURPOSELY got the symbiote so he can satisfy his already raging emotion. Peter is nuts sometimes. >_>

Wolverine wasn't using his claws, and would have refrained from killing, but that's the limit of it. It would be out of character for him not to use anything less than his full strength and speed against a powerful foe. And if he couldn't tag Spidey with his fist, he couldn't have tagged him with his claws.

And yet, he can and has before, even when Parker was going all out.

Making Wolverine fight without his claws is like making Conan fight without his sword, anyway. It completely changes things.