Rumble 20613 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. T-X (The Terminatrix)
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
T-X (The Terminatrix): 0

Bishop (Marvel Comics) vs. Sunfire
MATCH SCORE
Bishop (Marvel Comics): 3
Sunfire: 1

Rumble 20608 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
The Xenomorph Queen: 0

Tournament - Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) vs. Killer Croc
MATCH SCORE
Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne): 4
Killer Croc: 2

Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Match 13506 Spider-Man vs. Sabretooth

Guest Darxeth

not sure but I dont think Kain would have given you and F. He is normally a little more forgiving even if the set up sucks.

Its a conspiracy. :P

Could be wrong but I think someone is just trying to make him look bad. You had a pretty good set up. If I could vote, youd have gotten another A

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darxeth

not sure but I dont think Kain would have given you and F. He is normally a little more forgiving even if the set up sucks.

Its a conspiracy.

If it isn't Kain, hopefully he would tell me. (If he notices this match, anyway)

But it doesn't matter, I'll just have to try harder next time.

Another weird "F" grade and the giver co-signing as someone else?

Okay... in due time...

• 1 month later...
Guest DocSavage

Cage is roughly in the same strength class as Spider-man. He beat Sabertooth with relative easy. Some of that was because Creed's claws couldn't pierce his super-dense skin, but he was also clearly stronger.

755636-92490_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_1

755637-92501_power_man_6_iron_fist_084_2

755638-92514_power_man_3_iron_fist_084_2

755639-92519_power_man_9_iron_fist_084_2

He's a powerful fighter but only mildly superhuman. He's a good match for Wolverine, Captain America, and people in this weight class. Against Spider-man he can put up a good fight, but it'll be a losing one unless he has some sort of equalizer.

This was also written by then regular writer of Power Man and Iron Fist, Mary Jo Duffy.  When it came to the characters portrayals, she was stuck in a mindset that Cage was durable enough to tank the Iron Fist, and actually had Danny himself point out that he could never defeat Cage in a fight.

Even after Claremont was involved in a story where Danny takes out Warhawk without using the Iron Fist, she writers her own story where Warhawk gets right up from it, then promptly beats him down, and later Cage overpowers him.

Aside from her interpretation of the characters power levels, I personally didn't think she was a very good writer.  But she was the one keeping the ship afloat, until power players like Priest, Busiek, or Claremont gave their contributions..

-cut-

Welcome to electricferret, DocSavage. It's good to see you're trying to get into the conversation. The one on this match, however, ended over a month and a half ago, so if you want to continue it, it might be best if you start a fresh topic on the matter. 

Guest force_echo

Aside from her power portrayals? You think Luke Cage should be that far up in comparison to Rand? Rand's knocked Cage out with the Iron Fist before, I think it should be a hard fight for him, but one that he can consistently win.