Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

CBUB February 2013 Challenge

Fox

February

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Treacherous.

The Deadline

February 3 - February 17

The Challenge/Rules

This is February, Valentine's Day is coming up in a few weeks. There's been a few cool suggestions, such as xLEGACYx's suggestion of two people fighting over the love of another person. You can do that... or you can do anything else as long as it is related with love or Valentine's Day. Two enemies falling in love? Go for it. Two people fighting for the love of another? That's cool too. It doesn't even have to have a happy ending, you want to write how someone turns to villainy over an unrequited love? That's cool too. Love and heartbreak is this month's theme.

The February Challenge Grand Prize

This month's challenge has three possible prizes:

Prize #1: for participants who enter a Match in the tournament (Not Judges) there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #2: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the February tournament that participant will receive one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #3: for the February tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.

Prize Eligibility for the Two Random Prize Drawings:

To be eligible for the two Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:

1. You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this February Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge and have your name listed in the Tournament Participation History thread.

2. You must enter the February Tournament with a Match or be an official February Tournament Judge.

3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.

Prize Eligibility for the One Tournament Winner's Prize:

To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:

1. You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the February tournament

2. You must enter the February Tournament with a Match

3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you

4. Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges

The one Tournament Winner's Prize and the two Random Draw prizes will occur after the deadline date (to be provided by Judges, above) and after the February Results thread is posted (whenever the Judges get around to it) in which their Challenge Winner is selected.

These three prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!

Thanks!

400x292xamazon_gift_card.png.pagespeed.ic.gTbNSQSt3f.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I actually have an id---

Uh, yeah, lemme shut up until I actually put up an entry. <_>

I think I'll enter this one. Its hard to be competitive in the challenges. You all write such interesting and lengthy matches. I usually have a page to a page and a half typed for my official matches. I'll have to up my game here.

Good timing, and a chance to compete against Nova, heh... too good to be true.