Cocaine Bear: 1

Forge vs. Cable
MATCH SCORE
Forge: 1
Cable: 8

Match 13351 Spider-Man vs. The Thing

Guest Odin

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Here's a link to the Thing #4-5. In this he knocks out a controlled Wonder Man and She-Hulk. He also faces Spider-man, just for a couple of panels. Spidey kicks Ben and we get this interesting bit of narration:

"The blow should not be enough to topple the Thing. But Ben Grimm is tired, weakened by two terrible battles in less than an hour."

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

True. If Wonder Man hadn't been possessed, he would likely have beaten Ben. I posted the link to show how even a very strong attack from Spiderman only knocks Ben down because he's already exhausted.

Guest Darxeth

True. If Wonder Man hadn't been possessed, he would likely have beaten Ben. I posted the link to show how even a very strong attack from Spiderman only knocks Ben down because he's already exhausted.

When Spiderman was hurting Hulk, he didn't just use his fists: He used objects in his environment to beat Hulk down to the point where he was screaming in agony.

Guest force_echo

It's sometimes hard to tell what's PIS with Spidey. I mean, there are fights where he's actually fighting equally with freaking Silver Surfer, a PISSED OFF Silver Surfer. And, he was able to fight Silver Surfer possessed by Carnage, which would probably mean that all of Surfer's inhibitions are off.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

When Spiderman was hurting Hulk, he didn't just use his fists: He used objects in his environment to beat Hulk down to the point where he was screaming in agony.

I didn't say he used his fists. My post was to demonstrate that Spiderman is clearly not as strong as the Thing.

I do question a Hulk who can be beaten down by someone pummeling him with things like I-beams since that's the sort of thing he normally shrugs off effortlessly, but I won't argue that here.

If Spidey is going to have a chance against Ben, he has to do stuff like you're describing. He has to knock him off of buildings and hit him with girders and drop cars on him. If he does that (depending on what's available in the environment) he can win, though it's not a sure thing.

In a straight up fistfight without using environmental weapons, Spidey's chances are close to 0.

As for the comments that webbing could finish the fight easily. You do get that sort of thing in dialogue a lot, but when has it ever worked against a powerful foe? Here's a short list of people who have broken free who are weaker than the Thing: Doc Ock, Lizard, Man Mountain Marko, and Wolverine. (I couldn't find the scan but in Marvel Team Up 117, Spidey webs Logan's arms making it impossible for him to use his claws. No big deal, he just tears free with no apparant effort.)

Webbing is a useful tool, but it's strength is portrayed even more inconsistently than Spiderman's, and it's never guaranteed an automatic win over any super-powered foe.

Guest force_echo

I'm pretty sure it's depicted as being around as strong as spider silk, which would mean that it's stronger than steel, but I think I remember a normal freaking human ripping it off one time. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Doc Ock. Doc Ock ripped off the silk WITHOUT using his arms. Meaning he used his normal, human arms to rip off a material that's stronger than steel.