Patrick Bateman: 0
Cocaine Bear: 1

Forge vs. Cable
MATCH SCORE
Forge: 1
Cable: 8

Match 13351 Spider-Man vs. The Thing

Guest Odin

and it's been proven in avx that the thing is stronger than namor.

No. Seriously, why the heck do people blow that battle out of proportion? Grimm managed to get lucky and trap Namor for all of thirty seconds. Namor was seen flying away, completely unfazed, a few moments later. He let Grimm walk away.

I'm seeing a pattern lately.

People are jumping up for their favored characters and flat out overstating their capabilities, i.e. THEY'VE NEVER LOST TO WHOMEVER.

>.>

Hehe.

No. Seriously, why the heck do people blow that battle out of proportion? Grimm managed to get lucky and trap Namor for all of thirty seconds. Namor was seen flying away, completely unfazed, a few moments later. He let Grimm walk away.

This.

Guest Darxeth

Comics have shown Namor pwning Thing a LOT.

The Thing isn't on the same level as Namor.

However, this isn't about Namor.

Spiderman can speed Blitz the Thing with not much for problem.

The Thing won't be able to land a hit on him.

Comics have shown Namor pwning Thing a LOT.

The Thing isn't on the same level as Namor.

However, this isn't about Namor.

Spiderman can speed Blitz the Thing with not much for problem.

The Thing won't be able to land a hit on him.

yes he will he has atleast twice already.

it's not about weater he could beat namor but thst shows he is stronger because he grabed him overpowered him and pinned him to the ocean floor does that mean that ben would win if the fight continued no does it mean he is stronger yes.

No, it doesn't, because there have been at least three other occasions where Namor overpowered Thing with ease. The Thing is a class 100-200 at best, while Namor at his peak is as strong as Hercules, which puts him in the class 1000000+ range.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but Namor is no where near Hercules when it comes to strength...Not even close. Hercules strength can't even be measured.

Not trying to rain on your parade. I put Namor at his peak near Base strength Hulk at best. But Namor is definitely stronger then the Thing.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Namor usually (always?) beats Ben; he is powerful enough that it takes the whole FF to really challenge him. His advantage is not so much of raw strength as it is versatility, agility, speed, and sheer fighting ability. The Marvel Handbook's lifting tonnage figures are really flaky, but you can get an idea of the relative strengths of characters from them. He beats Ben pretty decisively in the scans but Ben's own thoughts should be taken into consideration:

"He's right! Even in a fresh-water lake, water makes 'im stronger--maybe even stronger'n me!"

Those are the thoughts of someone who is wrestling with Namor. In other words, he is in the ideal position to judge how strong Namor is relative to him.

While Namor quickly and convincingly defeats him in each of these scans, how does he do it?

Scan #1: the fight has gone underwater and Ben thinks the following...

"Namor caught me off guard--knocked the breath outta me--! Gonna black out...!"

Scan #2: Namor admits that Ben is a worthy opponent but, underwater he has no chance. Namor has amazing swimming speed and is highly skilled at fighting underwarer; Ben has neither of these advantages. In addition, Ben doesn't seem to be able to hold his breath significantly longer than an ordinary person. This shows that Namor is pretty much always going to win underwater, but it does not prove a vast difference in strength levels.

Scan #3: Namor beats Ben on dry land. Ben's thoughts are significant because they tell us about something the scan doesn't show.

"Those wires...were live! Knocked the stuffin' out of me!"

Is Namor a better fighter than Ben? It sure seems so. Is he stronger? That seems to be the case when they're in the water, but even there it's not the big advantage. Namor and the Thing are fairly close in strength, but Namor has other advantages that come into play when they fight.

When it comes to strength, Ben is at or close to Namor's level; Spiderman is not.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but Namor is no where near Hercules when it comes to strength...Not even close. Hercules strength can't even be measured.

Not trying to rain on your parade. I put Namor at his peak near Base strength Hulk at best. But Namor is definitely stronger then the Thing.

Not quite. A fully hydrated Namor has been acknowledged by both himself and Hercules to be Herc's equal. A dry Namor, Herc has the advantage. Underwater, Namor does.

No, it doesn't, because there have been at least three other occasions where Namor overpowered Thing with ease. The Thing is a class 100-200 at best, while Namor at his peak is as strong as Hercules, which puts him in the class 1000000+ range.

namor has beat the thing since avx?

and the thing has beat namor before that also and has fought herc and done well against him on many occasions sure he lost all of those but 2 against herc and only managed to stalemate him on those 2 but he has had some decent showings against herc.

Guest Darxeth

When it comes to strength, Ben is at or close to Namor's level; Spiderman is not.

I don't think anyone ever said Spiderman was.

Still doesn't stop the Thing from losing to him though.

Not quite. A fully hydrated Namor has been acknowledged by both himself and Hercules to be Herc's equal. A dry Namor, Herc has the advantage. Underwater, Namor does.

I've never seen Namor pull something like this off...

Page18.jpg

And that's not even his most impressive strength feat. Also Hercules has gotten much stronger in years. How is Namor next to Hercules when not even Thor, Hulk or even Superman are on Hercules level when coming to strength.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Namor and Herc fought in Avengers #40 (Vol 1) Namor had the Cosmic Cube but only used it to keep his body moist.

Underwater Namor had a clear advantage.

avengers040d-1.jpg

On land, with Namor fully hydrated, it was dead-even.

avengers040e-1.jpg

Still doesn't stop the Thing from losing to him though.

you said this 1,000 times and showed nothing to support it if i had a scanner i would show you that spidey more times than not will get knocked out by the thing.

ben has better endurance and durability than spidey if he hits dpidey one time it's over spiderman has to move around more ben could just stand there and let spidey hit him all day and with his fist pete would only be hurting himself spidey has no real way of beating ben.

Guest Darxeth

Namor and Herc fought in Avengers #40 (Vol 1) Namor had the Cosmic Cube but only used it to keep his body moist.

avengers040d-1.jpg

avengers040e-1.jpg

Recently, Hercules has become stronger.

avengers040d-1.jpg

avengers040e-1.jpg

Just because one fights someone who is stronger doesn't mean they are stronger than that person they're fighting.. Thor fights Hercules all the time, yet Thor knows Hercules is more superior in strength. And like I said before Hercules has become way stronger.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I was responding to Kid Stranglehold who said that Spidey's strength feats are better than Things.

Guest Darxeth

you said this 1,000 times and showed nothing to support it if i had a scanner i would show you that spidey more times than not will get knocked out by the thing.

ben has better endurance and durability than spidey if he hits dpidey one time it's over spiderman has to move around more ben could just stand there and let spidey hit him all day and with his fist pete would only be hurting himself spidey has no real way of beating ben.

1. Spidey defeated Hulk (Who is a stronger and tougher than the Thing)

2. "If he hits dpidey one time it's over"

That is a VERY big if.

3. "Ben could just stand there and let spidey hit him all day"

Which would help Spidey defeat him. He hurt the Hulk by punching him over and over, he can hurt the Thing.

Your argument is invalid. Stop riding Thing's *insensitive*

We know you adore Thing but seriously, stop.