Cocaine Bear: 1

Forge vs. Cable
MATCH SCORE
Forge: 1
Cable: 8

Match 13351 Spider-Man vs. The Thing

Guest Odin

Guest The Lord Dragon Reborn

I thought Reed and Doom topped Marvel's list of geniuses at about the same level of intelligence.

I see Spidey winning here he has a speed and agility advantage plus, he can swing around on that d*$ned web.

Guest The White Wolf

Spidey has better agility to make up for the difference in strength he can move around quick enough and use his smarts to get the win over ben

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

It's out of character, but so is Juggernaut trying to steam Odin's ice cream. Sometimes an intentionally out of character use of a character, either satirical or farcical, can be fun. I suspect that's all what was going for, not a slur against Mr. Fantastic.

Spider-man did take on the entire Fantastic Four. Spidey snuck inside the Baxter Building without triggering any alarms. So the FF of course went on the defense. Peter wanted to join their team but they told him he couldn't and then wammo the fight broke out. Spidey didn't win and neither did the Fantastic Four it all like big misunderstanding to them or something, but the comic was done in like the 60's or 70's. So I'm saying is, if Spidey can go toe to toe with FF Family the thing shouldn't that big of a deal. I mean, Spider-man use to fight Juggernaut on a regular basis and Rhino. I think Spidey can handle this. This video is different than what I just said but Spidey holds his own against all four until Thing, knocks him out.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

You're picked a couple of classics. The story you're describing is, "Amazing Spider-Man #1" and the scans in the video are from "Marvel Team-Up #100" which was a double sized issue written by Chris Claremons and drawn by Frank Miller when both were at the peak of their prowess.

What both of them show is that Spider-man is strong, fast and resourceful enough to hold off the FF for a period of time. He is a master at staying alive when facing overwhelming odds and these fights are both brilliant examples of that. But at no point in either fight are the odds in Spidey's favor. In both cases the FF is holding back to keep from hurting him and is surprised and confused.

Spider can dodge the Thing for a long time; he can trick him, harass him, and probably y even hurt him a little. In fact, he can beat him, though that'll only happen if he finds some really clever strategy, but the odds seriously favor the Thing.

Thanks for the scans, BTW. Those brought back memories.

Guest Darxeth

Spiderman wins.

Seriously, I don't see how you guys could think otherwise.

Spiderman defeated the Hulk twice.

He can definitely defeat The Thing.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Which will be the case here.

The Thing may not be as dumb as a rock(punny right?), but that won't change the fact that he can't lay a finger on Spidey. I see no way of Thing winning unless Spidey *vulgarity*s up.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

When was this latest fight? I'd like to try to find a scan,

Speed and agility is great, but how did he hurt the hulk?

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Huh, I could have sworn Spidey beat Hulk by luring him into a vat of concrete and trapping him there...or was that Rhino? Eh I might have mixed the two up. My bad.

Sounds like you might be thinking of the fight with Juggernaut back in "Amazing Spider-Man 229-230." That was a great fight and a great illustration of Spidey using his brain to beat a superior opponent. He does have a better track record than Ben against much stronger enemies, but I still don't like his chances here.

Amazing+Spiderman+230-17.jpg

I'm defintitely going with Spiderman on this one. Sure most match ups with Spiderman vs. the Fantastic Four are just fun and games, it still shows how tallented Spiderman is. For a simple test go outside and find 4 people to play basketball against. Give each player different advantages (i.e. One a great shot, one great at dunks, one great rebounder, and one quick person), and see what happens even if they hold back a little. When faced with multiple opponents spidey does well. (Sinister Six, Fantastic 4, X-men, etc) His webbing has been said early on that if made his webs slightly thicker it could hold the thing for life. The only problem that I could forsee happening is if Spidey gets a little too careless and overconfident.

Guest Darxeth

So the scan is showing a knockout punch?

No, but it's showing a portion of the fight in which Spiderman beat Hulk so bad he felt sorry for him afterwards.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Wow! If Spidey can beat Hulk by punching him, he must be stronger than Juggernaut or Thor!

I don't even recognize Spiderman in the comics any more :(

Guest force_echo

And that was the second time. He's beaten Hulk multiple times. I wonder if he's ever fought Thor...

EDIT: Spider-Man's pretty cocky. Looks like he thinks he can take the Surfer, Warlock, Wonder Man...

feat40skillstp2.jpg

Wow! If Spidey can beat Hulk by punching him, he must be stronger than Juggernaut or Thor!

I don't even recognize Spiderman in the comics any more

Spiderman is not stronger than Juggernaut or Thor...Not even close. If your post was sarcasm then I take it back.

But he beats the Thing easily.

Guest force_echo

Holy shit... He was capable of fighting seriously with Thor for multiple pages! He does a speed blitz against him, and he even starts wearing Thor down at the end of it!

feat41fight1qs9.jpg

feat41fight5tr3.jpg