Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Match 13316 Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

Guest Odin

A lot of Charles' better feats have come through the use of cerebro. MM doesn't need tech to boost his abilities.

charles only needs cerebro because magneto has a field up around the entire planet limeting his abealities as a safe gaurd.

when charles is on diffrent planets he can effect the minds of there populations without the cerebro.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigballerju

No Magneto took down that field long ago. Charles Xavier has said himself he needs cerebro to enhance his powers. If Charles isn't using celebro alot of times he has another psychic helping him out. Charles is very powerful indeed but Manhunter is actually more powerful, more skilled, and more experience. Martian Manhunter has centuries of experience and skill over Charles Xavier.

No Magneto took down that field long ago. Charles Xavier has said himself he needs cerebro to enhance his powers. If Charles isn't using celebro alot of times he has another psychic helping him out. Charles is very powerful indeed but Manhunter is actually more powerful, more skilled, and more experience. Martian Manhunter has centuries of experience and skill over Charles Xavier.

we need to make another thread for this i want to keep this debate open but not ruin this thread i will make one.

we need to make another thread for this i want to keep this debate open but not ruin this thread i will make one.

Meh, we've had that debate a few times at EF already, but it doesn't matter to me. Besides, it may be good to revisit old matchups every now and then.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Hey Hays I didn't mention Goku you loser. Funny thing I haven't even been on here since all you guys sing the same lame ass tune. You sound lame man. This site would be cool if not for a bunch of losers like you.

MM is not under-rated, we don't all have to agree with you. I'm out of here guys, being back sure makes me realize that the real world is so much better than the rantings of little whiny kids

Jaegar said MM would handle Goku, too which you replied "you are a broken record"

Yeah, I know you think you're a bad ass but the little tantrum is as effective as slamming a revolving door. Please leave, no one gives a fack.

@Dinsdale- Baller is one of the more mild manner people on the site, I am more then sure he wasn't trying to attack you.

The funny thing is PympMex is clearly still sore over the fact that Superman would outright defeat Goku. Which would give cause as to why he'd attack me and Hayes what with insults unprovoked...

The tune is still being carried as per the recent DeathBattle and seeing as Martian Manhunter is essentially Superman with far more capabilities, it makes sense as to why he'd pop out of the blue, flame us not so subtly, insult us then leave... he should realize it's more like people akin to him that makes the site not so much fun nowadays... though I am glad he's one of the few that actually has the sense to leave so we don't have to deal with his whining. :)

Also I'm more in favor toward Martian Manhunter than Superman here.

As much as I like Supes, he would eventually lose here. It would be a tough and long battle but MM would win. Supes has the strength and speed advantage but MM's other abilities would eventually give him the win.

Guest force_echo

Against Maxwell, he didn't use Torquasm Vo or Torquasm Rao, because he hadn't learned them yet. With those techniques, he's near invulnerable to telepathic assault however.

In fact, when Hector Hammond used a mind control machine, Superman proves immune to it even though Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Martian Manhunter couldn't resist it. Then Superman closes in on the source, making the mind control’s pull even stronger.... and still he is immune to its effects.

adventuresof623b.jpg

adventuresof623c.jpg

telepathy is mm's only chance if that don't work supes will win he is stronger and faster when he isn't holding back

although mm still has a lot of defensive powers that can let him escape he could just phaze and supes can't hurt him.

but he has verry limited ways to beat superman.

Guest sirmethos

Maxwell Lord proves Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy. Hence why if Wonder Woman didn't kill Lord he would have never let go of Superman.

We have evidence from more then one story showing you Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy. Darkseid has controlled him, Maxwell Lord has controlled him, Despero nearly took control of him, and more. Yes Superman will be taken down easily by Martian Manhunter with telepathy.

You're picking some pretty bad examples to 'show' that Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy.

Maxwell Lord, while not a full telepath but purely mind control, is an extremely powerful mind-controller.

Darkseid's telepathy is highly powerful, and as someone already pointed out, he didn't just use his telepathy to control Superman.

And Despero is a telepath who is even more powerful than the Martian Manhunter.

Using those three as examples of 'low mental defenses', would be like saying that <insert arbitrary Marvel character> has low mental defenses because Charles Xavier was able to affect their minds.

As Force pointed out, Superman does actually have a very high level of mental defenses, in the form of his own will power, as well as his training in Torquasm-Vo, and to a lesser degree, Torquasm-Rao.

That said, the odds are in Martian Manhunter's favor, primarily due to his large variety of powers.

Guest bigballerju

Aaah true I could have used better examples. As far as the whole Superman vs Goku thing Screwattack provided excellent examples of why Superman will be more powerful then Goku no matter what form he is in.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

And Despero is a telepath who is even more powerful than the Martian Manhunter.

MM was the only one who could take him out by using a deus ex machina. MM had an ability that he could only use once that shut Despero down. That being said, J'onns full potential has yet to be seen, so who knows how many other telepathic abilities he is hiding.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

The funny thing is PympMex is clearly still sore over the fact that Superman would outright defeat Goku. Which would give cause as to why he'd attack me and Hayes what with insults unprovoked...

The tune is still being carried as per the recent DeathBattle and seeing as Martian Manhunter is essentially Superman with far more capabilities, it makes sense as to why he'd pop out of the blue, flame us not so subtly, insult us then leave... he should realize it's more like people akin to him that makes the site not so much fun nowadays... though I am glad he's one of the few that actually has the sense to leave so we don't have to deal with his whining.

Also I'm more in favor toward Martian Manhunter than Superman here.

Funny how I haven't even mentioned Goku at all, and this match is not even about him, yet you and your bf keep mentioning him. Oh and sore over Goku losing? haha, I could care less bro, its a comic, as in not real. Can you just get over it. Jump to that thread if you think I am sore and you won't find me talking about it either.

I will leave this site, if you think Its me that is making this site "less fun" then I respect that, but granted I don't visit this site much compared to you I doubt it. This site lost it's coolness the moment everyone got stuck pointing out the same 5 things over and over. I mean how many times can you read about the same thing without moving on?

Hayes needs a life and well you all do.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Jaegar said MM would handle Goku, too which you replied "you are a broken record"

Yeah, I know you think you're a bad ass but the little tantrum is as effective as slamming a revolving door. Please leave, no one gives a fack.

@Dinsdale- Baller is one of the more mild manner people on the site, I am more then sure he wasn't trying to attack you.

hahahaahah i'm so badass, :P loser

The funniest part is - I mentioned Goku and you jumped on my post, saying I was a broken record - in all honesty, your 'point' is about the repetition about Goku and whatnot... anyone with common sense would see that even without you mentioning the character, it is about Goku, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting in response.

Aside from that, you call us children and whiny - yet the tone in your posts consists of the whining nature and you're the one who resorted to insults. Rather ironic.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Yup, we don't have lives. No one here works full time, goes to school, or has a family to raise.

Seriously, this isn't 1999, telling people on the internet to get a life is such an old un-amusing insult. Basically, when you retort to using such old insults, you are basically saying "I am too unintelligent to defend myself, so instead I'll be a passive aggressive little bitch."

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Jaeger if you get insulted by text then you need to grow some balls. I only mentioned the broken record since you seem to constantly wanna bring Goku losing up. I really don't care about Goku more than I care about a paper weight. DBZ was a show I watched like 10 years ago. I never "got sore" that he lost, as it really doesn't matter. I didn't jump in as you say because of that, but only because this match has nothing to do with him and yet you mentioned it. I would call that trolling, but it's okay I guess you find it as necessary to let people know who Goku can't win, that's more annoying in my opinion. And yes when you repeat yourself it comes of as whiny.

All that this site made me do is get over comics more.

@ Hayes, you make me laugh, Unintelligent? You don't even know what else to spew out of your mouth. Remember you just jump in like you are someone's girlfriend and then start with the dimwitted remarks. grow up dude. Don't reply to me, I promise I won't to you.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Hey dumb *vulgarity*, if you could actually read, you'd see Jaegar never mentioned him first, he was replying to what DeadpoolOwns said.

Please keep showing us how much of a moron you really are.

Oh and talk about getting mad over text? No one insulted you, you started with the insults. So using your logic, you are the pussy here.

As you see, we all pretty much agree on Dr. Pymp's status. Lets not resort to his childish name calling. It gets no one nowhere. We all know he spews nonsense all the time. Lets not dwell on it.