Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13316 Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

Guest Odin

MM: Kal do you ever feel like a stranger on this planet. I know you were raised here but dont you think some of the things humans do are unwise.

Supe: Well yes there are somethings that are difficult to put up with but its the way of the world and we cant change that.

MM: I suppose your right.

A month goes by and we see superman sitting in the watchtower.

Flash: Superman something is happening on earth.

Supes: what?

Flash: All the world leaders are putting down their arms and destroying their borders.

Supes: Really?

Flash: Ya today in the middle east jewish and muslim leaders got together to play a game of cricket.

Supes: There is only one explanation but it cant be.

Superman flies off to see the Martian Manhunter

Supes: I know what your doing and it has to stop.

MM: Why the world is at peace and happy.

Supes: if you wont stop manipulating their minds then i will stop you.

MM: be my guess

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn More About

Superman

Read more about Superman at Wikipedia

Official Site: Detective Comics Links: Superman's Wiki Profile DC Database Project: Superman DC's Superman Site

Martian Manhunter

Read more about Martian Manhunter at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry The Captain's MM Page Martian Manhunter PDF file

Poor Superman never had much of a chance. Martian the Manhunter has a few extra abilities that would keep superman from doing real damage, including telepathy, shape-shifting, projecting energy, x-ray vision, phasing, invisibility, flight, and super strength. Shapeshifting, telepathy, and super strength should solve this quick. Appear as Lois Lane. Confuse his mind. Beat him to a pulp. Too simple. A similar story happened before when Martian goes rogue. Martian the Manhunter sends Superman to the edge of the universe.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Superman has very powerful defenses against telepathy (mentioned in Superman vs the Authority).

IMO this would be a great fight and MM could take Superman to his limits (unless he's still vulnerable to fire) but by no means a sure victory.

Than again there is this idea...

Appear as Lois Lane...

That has... disturbing implications. :blink:

Guest TheDeadpoolOwns

Well, to be honest, I don't know much about Martian Manhunter, but with what HeyTim is saying, it seems like he has the advantage, although if you see the recently released Superman vs. Goku Death Battle, Superman has a clear advantage over Goku, and I believe Goku could beat Manhunter. Gotta give this to Supes.

Guest bigballerju

Post Crisis Superman doesn't have high strong defenses against telepathy like people may think. Martian Manhunter destroys him with his telepathy for the win.

Well, to be honest, I don't know much about Martian Manhunter, but with what HeyTim is saying, it seems like he has the advantage, although if you see the recently released Superman vs. Goku Death Battle, Superman has a clear advantage over Goku, and I believe Goku could beat Manhunter. Gotta give this to Supes.

Martian Manhunter would WTF destroy Goku in a battle. It would fair much worse than Superman vs Goku.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Post Crisis Superman doesn't have high strong defenses against telepathy like people may think. Martian Manhunter *insensitivity*s him for the win.

Maybe so, but Superman vs. the Authority is not pre-Crisis, so why is it wrong?

Guest bigballerju

Maxwell Lord proves Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy. Hence why if Wonder Woman didn't kill Lord he would have never let go of Superman.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

So we have evidence from one story that Superman has very limited telepathic resistance and another where it's world class. Why do we prefer one over the other?

Also, does the Martian have the power to "*insensitivity*" somebody? I know he's a powerful telepath but not all telepaths have this ability (it depends a lot on the author of any particular story.) Have we seen Manhunter destroy a foe this way, or are we assuming that, because there are other telepaths who can do this, he should be able to also?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

you sound like a broken record man

It's the truth. All MM would have to do is go intangible, and then shut down Goku's mind. Stop jerking off to Goku, you are the broken record, man.

MM takes this. He has all of Superman's abilities and more. MM is under rated.

Eh, Supes vs. J'onn has happened at CBUB before--as well more than once in the comics, IIRC. In fact, I seem to remember a story where MM went rogue and Superman and most of the JLA'ers couldn't stop him. It took Plastic Man, who has better elasticity than J'onn (which also affords him immunity to telepathy somehow), to beat him. If MM's serious, he can almost definitely take down Kal.

Decent scenario, but it needed a bit more story and some spellcheck.

Guest bigballerju

So we have evidence from one story that Superman has very limited telepathic resistance and another where it's world class. Why do we prefer one over the other?

Also, does the Martian have the power to "*insensitivity*" somebody? I know he's a powerful telepath but not all telepaths have this ability (it depends a lot on the author of any particular story.) Have we seen Manhunter destroy a foe this way, or are we assuming that, because there are other telepaths who can do this, he should be able to also?

We have evidence from more then one story showing you Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy. Darkseid has controlled him, Maxwell Lord has controlled him, Despero nearly took control of him, and more. Yes Superman will be taken down easily by Martian Manhunter with telepathy.

Also are you seriously going to doubt Martian Manhunter's telepathy abilities? Have you not read him in comics showing how powerful and skilled he is with telepathy? Martian Manhunter is as powerful as Charles Xavier and has centuries of experience with telepathy.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

We have evidence from more then one story showing you Superman doesn't have high defenses against telepathy. Darkseid has controlled him, Maxwell Lord has controlled him, Despero nearly took control of him, and more. Yes Superman will be taken down easily by Martian Manhunter with telepathy.

A preponderance of evidence is good, though your examples are sloppy. Darksied used a sophisticated brainwashing program, not telepathy.

Also are you seriously going to doubt Martian Manhunter's telepathy abilities? Have you not read him in comics showing how powerful and skilled he is with telepathy? Martian Manhunter is as powerful as Charles Xavier and has centuries of experience with telepathy.

I never said anything that could legitimately be interpreted as saying that the Martian Manhunter is not a powerful telepath. I have also never insulted you or said anything that was meant to be taken personally and I'm getting pretty tired of your abusive and condescending replies.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

He is more powerful than Xavier.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

It's the truth. All MM would have to do is go intangible, and then shut down Goku's mind. Stop jerking off to Goku, you are the broken record, man.

MM takes this. He has all of Superman's abilities and more. MM is under rated.

Hey Hays I didn't mention Goku you loser. Funny thing I haven't even been on here since all you guys sing the same lame ass tune. You sound lame man. This site would be cool if not for a bunch of losers like you.

MM is not under-rated, we don't all have to agree with you. I'm out of here guys, being back sure makes me realize that the real world is so much better than the rantings of little whiny kids

Guest Hayesmeister5651

not realy name one thing that he has done that charles hasn't.

A lot of Charles' better feats have come through the use of cerebro. MM doesn't need tech to boost his abilities.

Guest bigballerju

A preponderance of evidence is good, though your examples are sloppy. Darksied used a sophisticated brainwashing program, not telepathy.

I never said anything that could legitimately be interpreted as saying that the Martian Manhunter is not a powerful telepath. I have also never insulted you or said anything that was meant to be taken personally and I'm getting pretty tired of your abusive and condescending replies.

What? Take what personal? You took that previous post that seriously? Okay...

By the way my examples aren't sloppy. You can look them up and see for yourself what I am referring too. Superman has been taken control of with telepathy. He has shown to not have high defenses to telepathy. Martian Manhunter would take him down easily with telepathy. Even Manchester Black screwed around with Superman mentally using telepathy. Like making him think Lois Lane was dead in Superman: Ending Battle and more.