Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

DSkillz

So... how about dem Turtles? As in the new TMNT series? I've only seen a couple of eps so far, but it looks like the producers are blending aspects of both the '80s and '00s cartoons here.

So... how about dem Turtles? As in the new TMNT series? I've only seen a couple of eps so far, but it looks like the producers are blending aspects of both the '80s and '00s cartoons here.

Meh... I have never felt an inclination to watch TMNT, not my thing, but if it's decent I might consider it.

It is horrible.

Really? The new TMNT doesn't seem all that bad to me so far. As far as charcter development goes, it just might be the best TMNT ever. The way the Turtles keep accidentally creating villains for themselves is a bit monotonous, though.

Guest potterpuppetpals

I know this film came out quite a while ago, but did anyone else see Planet 51? I thought it sucked to be honest. I appreciate how the story is kind of like E.T. in reverse, but it wasn't a very deep movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I thought more cartoon fans would be posting.

Anyways, I just finished up watching the first season of The Legend of Korra. Overall, it was very interesting and a worthy sequel to Avatar: the Last Airbender. The drawing and animation are improved from A:TLA, and LoK also has a slightly more mature feel to it. There were some good and great moments and episodes and one average ep.

The ending of the season finale was somewhat meh to me, though. It just seemed to tie up loose ends a bit too easily. It makes one wonder: where exactly does Korra go from here? This is both a good and a bad thing.

Overall, compared to A:tLA, I'd say this first season of TLoK is better than A: tLA's season three, about equal to season 1, and not quite up to the level of season 2.

I had a bit of a beef for the finale. It would be very hard to make future seasons of the TLoK in its current form. It had potential, but the ending seemed like a cop out. Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm disliking Mako as a character.

I've only watched a few episodes but I liked Adventure Time and Regular show. Both are interesting in their unique ways. Plus it's intriguing about how light-hearted the former is despite its dark origins. Young Justice eventually grew over me. It's like a great alternative to the new 52. Plus Billy Batson is awesome. Johnny Test can die in a fire for all I care. The first season was alright, but now only hyperactive five-year olds could possibly understand the plot.

I'm kinda shocked that Avengers got canceled. They could have pulled a JLU at that point, but didn't get far enough. The finale was a bit underwhelming though (the only Marvel finale I liked was the Spectacular Spiderman and X-Men Evolution). The action was fun, but the heralds were too much of pushovers for my liking (Terrax pwned by Captain America? WTH?). But still a bit pissed they cancelled it just to make yet another Avengers show just to promote the movie. Screw that, I'm not watching it.

Guest bigballerju

Yeah Marvel could have made some good money and had something to rival the DCAU in the future with that Avengers show. Canceling it was a big mistake. Not even interested in the new one. I don't want everything to be similar to the movieverse. That's just stupid now.

Guest potterpuppetpals

The Marvel Multiverse is so confusing. Let me get this right...

The cartoon is based on the movie, and the movie is based on the Ultimate Comics, and the Ultimate Comics are based on the regular universe, and all these take place in separate universes? And then there's Marvel Now (which I assume is gonna take place in another universe), which only confuses thing much more! What's the bloody point?

• 1 month later...

Looks like Young Justice and the CGI Green Lantern series are apparently getting cancelled now.

http://screenrant.co...eries-canceled/

A real shame. I never really got the chance to watch either show. Can't say I'm completely surprised about Young Justice, though. It's almost like there's a curse on Greg Weisman-created shows which causes them to end (or at least Weisman's run on them to end) after two seasons. First Gargoyles, then Spectacular Spider-Man, and now Young Justice.

In the end, Young Justice will be roughly 50 episodes long. That's a pretty damn good run, about as long as either of the Justice League series. If they wrap up the ongoing storyline decently by the time it's over, I don't think there'll be much to be disappointed about.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

How disappointed are you that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is ending its run after only its second season?

Extremely disappointed. Apparantly Marvel is going straight into a new Avengers which they say should be seen as a continuation, which makes me guardedly hopeful... though they're replacing most of the voice cast, which makes me nervous.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

From what I heard, A: EMH is essentially getting replaced by an Avengers 'toon that's more in the vein of the Marvel Movieverse and is canon with the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A:EMH is so many orders of magnitude better than Ultimate SM!

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I love DCAU in general. Never really got into Static Shock or Batman Beyond (that partly had to do with missing huge chunks of them when I had CN.) I should probably give them another try on Netflix.

I've seen some of Young Justice and am enjoying it but not as much as JL or JLU. I haven't seen any of Green Lantern but will as soon as it comes out on Netflix.

IMO, Marvel really stumbles a lot on their AU. I loved Avengers: EMH and Spectacular Spider-Man, which I count as one of the best-written animated series ever, were great but they apparently didn't have faith in them.

There are things I like about Ultimate SM, but but the writing is uneven and the gimmick of breaking the forth wall and the chibi asides were already grating on me by the end of the first episode. It's got potential but they seem to want get by on cute gimmicks rather than solid writing. It's okay but not on the level of Avengers of SSM.

For non-Marvel and DC series, my favorites are Gargoyles, Avatar (looking forward to seeing Korra when it's on Netflix), Jonny Quest (the classic series and S2 of JQ: the Real Adventures)

Guest bigballerju

The new Batman and Teen Titan shows better be great or they would have canceled Young Justice along with GL for nothing.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Anyone else here like Miyazaki?

I've enjoyed pretty much everything of his I've seen, especially Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausica of the Winds, and Porco Rosso.

I've actually heard the new Teen Titans 'toon is somewhat based on the show from the mid-2000's. The chibi-esque looks of the Titans in the new show's posters look very similar to the chibi gags from the previous 'toon. This show, though, apparently has less action and is taking even more of a comedic approach than the previous Titans show. Personally, what I'd like to see is more improved writing overall.

Anyone else here like Miyazaki?

I've enjoyed pretty much everything of his I've seen, especially Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausica of the Winds, and Porco Rosso.

Ack! Get all that anime talk off my topic!! :P

But seriously, while there is an anime and manga topic, I guess discussing anime here is fine, as long as it ties back into cartoons somehow.

Guest silversurfer092

I was a huge fan of the Teen Titans tv show from the mid 2000's. Got the game, tried looking for the DVDs. Big fan.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Are not enough people watching Young Justice? That show is awesome. Deatstroke was bad ass in the last episode.