Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

DSkillz

I'm looking forward to Beware the Batman as it features a lot more obscurer characters, but in a darker tone, unlike Brave and the Bold (which is just as epic in it's own way). I mean, what kid nowadays gives a shit about Professor Pyg and Katana? Wait a couple years and suddenly he'll be more popular than the Joker and Robin.

I'm a bit neutral on how it will go. The CGI looks... weird on Batman. Plus Alfred holding a gun in front of Bruce is a huge no-no. It's still nice to see some of the more obscure villians getting the spotlight. It worked wonders for the Green Lantern show.

Guest potterpuppetpals

I've never actually seen the Green Lantern show. I just don't really care much for him or the supporting characters. They just bore me to tears. No offense to any Green Fanterns.

Heh, Green Fanterns... I am totally gonna make that a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shockwave

This was an interesting question I raised at dinner the last week. I thought would be good for a viewpoint here.

How will the Simpsons end?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ViperKing

If you people don't like Family Guy, you have no sense of humor at all. Personally, it's getting old but it's still pretty funny. It's much better than the Simpsons in my opinion.

Guest ViperKing

First off, Young Justice was a very successful show and had an incredible storyline. Of course, nothing can compare to the DC Animated Universe but I never got into Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Zeta Project, Static Shock, or Batman Beyond. I actually think that the worst DC Animated Universe series was the Zeta Project which got the least number of views and fans. Young Justice was the best DC Comics show I've seen since Justice League Unlimited. Green Lantern: The Animated Series was actually good and was also a big success but not as much as Young Justice. Green Lantern fans rejoiced but because it's being cancelled at its 1st season, I'm going to say that they had so much potential that wasn't expanded and it's very sad to see such a potentially great show fall. Now, I hope I'm not spoiling anything for you but I've heard that both of the next shows are going to be a bit pathetic. The new Teen Titans is definitely much less action and has much more to do with comedy than actual action. The characters are even more childish and the plots will very few serious moments. Batman: Brave and the Bold, which I personally think was the most shameful Batman series ever made, is appealing to an even younger audience with villains that are based off animals such as toads and pigs with expanded abilities of that animal with a bit of childish charm. I think that both of the shows coming out are just poor and won't be as successful as the previous two.

Guest Shockwave

If you people don't like Family Guy, you have no sense of humor at all. Personally, it's getting old but it's still pretty funny. It's much better than the Simpsons in my opinion.

A. Hippocratic words in that statement alone as most of the Family Guy bits are stolen from the Simpsons.

B. My sense of humor is a lot better than cheap cutaway jokes every 5 minutes.

First off, Young Justice was a very successful show and had an incredible storyline. Of course, nothing can compare to the DC Animated Universe but I never got into Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Zeta Project, Static Shock, or Batman Beyond. I actually think that the worst DC Animated Universe series was the Zeta Project which got the least number of views and fans. Young Justice was the best DC Comics show I've seen since Justice League Unlimited. Green Lantern: The Animated Series was actually good and was also a big success but not as much as Young Justice. Green Lantern fans rejoiced but because it's being cancelled at its 1st season, I'm going to say that they had so much potential that wasn't expanded and it's very sad to see such a potentially great show fall. Now, I hope I'm not spoiling anything for you but I've heard that both of the next shows are going to be a bit pathetic. The new Teen Titans is definitely much less action and has much more to do with comedy than actual action. The characters are even more childish and the plots will very few serious moments. Batman: Brave and the Bold, which I personally think was the most shameful Batman series ever made, is appealing to an even younger audience with villains that are based off animals such as toads and pigs with expanded abilities of that animal with a bit of childish charm. I think that both of the shows coming out are just poor and won't be as successful as the previous two.

Then you have no taste, though from your previous post I could say that you already proved your point.

Guest silversurfer092

A. Hippocratic words in that statement alone as most of the Family Guy bits are stolen from the Simpsons.

You don't know the meaning of the word 'hippocratic' do you?

It's all in the matter of opinion. Some peole like their cartoons serious, others funny and yet others over-the-top. I give a show leverage in silly if it's designed to be silly, but I can only take so much of it. On the other hand, I can't take a medium seriously if it does all sorts of silly stuff *cough*Snow White and the Huntsman*cough*

Guest silversurfer092

whoosh

Oh, right, my bad. Sorry. I just thought that hippocratic meant it had to deal with Hippocrates, the world's first doctor. Like the Hippocratic Oath and whatnot. Maybe you're looking for the word "hypocritical". Maybe I'm wrong.

Family Guy redefined "lowest common denominator." At one time the phrase simply meant "something the masses agree upon." Now it means "if that's what the masses like, I hope an meteor wipes out all life on Earth before it gets renewed for yet another season."

Also, Family Guy sucks.

• Like 1

Guest ViperKing

Then you have no taste, though from your previous post I could say that you already proved your point.

Hippocratic is defined as relating of, and to, Hippocrates who is the Father of Medicine. Though I fail to see how that relates tot he discussion, I will assume that you meant hypocritical. First of all, I said that it was getting old but it was still funny. Repeating older jokes doesn't mean it's not funny, it just means that it's not as funny as before. I'd enjoy debating semantics if you want to. Next, the statement afterwards is completely a matter of opinion. Usually, Family Guy and the Simpsons are known for being the two best animated shows. Look up IGN's ranking of both shows on the Wikipedia page. I personally think Family Guy is funnier but that doesn't mean I don't like the Simpsons.

Next, I'm not sure what you disagree with in my post. Are you saying that I have no taste because Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series weren't as good as I implied and said? Or are you saying I don't have any taste because I'm disappointed with the removal of those two great shows and the addition of a Teen Titans show, that focuses on their teenage lives like pranks rather than focusing on a good storyline, and a Batman show, that seems to focus on the tone of seriousness as Batman: The Brave and The Bold, and my disliking of that show? Also, in my opinion, you have taste, just very bad taste in animation. Having no taste at all is rather dull.