Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12882 Batman & Robin vs. Taskmaster

Guest ninjaman1848

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigballerju

The guy that fought two Captain Americas at the same time, Spiderman, Daredevil & Punisher at the same time, and more is gone lose to Batman with his spoiled brat of a son? I don't think so...

Taskmaster could dispatch Robin easily and defeat Batman after a good battle.

Batman has fought the likes of Deathstroke and one solo. Stroke cant exactly copy moves but is stronger, has a healing factor, tactically smarter, and has instantaneous reflexes. Batman has taken him out one on one which equates to almost similar to Task in skill with a little difference here and there. Batman and Nightwing took out an Amazo that had Supes strength, Flashs speed, and Supes Heat vision as well. While granted Nightwing is more experienced, Damian is a more skilled fighter straight up.

I just feel that with the caliber of people Batman has taken out that he is on par with Taskmaster at every turn (minus the enhanced speed) except he is a smarter tactician than Tasky. Adding in Robin gives Batman the edge he needs for distractions and numbers of Tasky.

Guest bigballerju

Batman beat Slade once and he had help. Taskmaster regularly faces superior opponents and sometimes even wins. Batman has not regularly fought foes on the levels like two Captain Americas at once, Spiderman, Venom, and more.

Guest skadoosh

Sigh... Frost is now the definition of "Getting Old".

Now? Been old for a while.

I think Taskmaster could definitely beat Robin, any version, probably, and perhaps Batman, as well, in one-on-one fights, but with both of them attacking him at the same time, with his attention divided, his focus split between both of them, and all the gadgets they have to throw at him, and Batman's own considerable skill and combat prowess, i think he loses this. Not easily, he just does.

That energy device is sooo overrated. Tasky with sword n' guns is enough. In terms of pure skill you've got to go with Taskmaster, but guys like Cap and Panther are able to consistently outwit Tasky, and outwitting people is kinda Batman's specialty. The scenario is empty, so we don't know why they're fighting, but odds are Taskmaster fails his direct objective but escapes being taken into custody.

This from Ivan a while back kinda sums it up

Guest bigballerju

Taskmaster though outwits guys like Spiderman, Captain America, and Venom himself. The fact they can never catch him says so itself.

Sometimes, there are moments in comic history that just dispel myths or long standing perceptions in a few panels. Tasky fell victim to just a scenario. This is my honest take: Taskmaster (like many B-level but billed as over the top villains) is overrated. I regarded him as a big deal. Until I saw him lose (rather embarrassingly too) to Deadpool who 'outshone' his 'copying' skills handily before putting him in an embarrassing setup and embarrassing trap. Everything about it was embarrassing. While I personally found it 'distasteful' for Tasky to go down like that, it was documented, and on record, that a fighter like Deadpool who had a long hard fight with Bullseye (who is rated easily and perhaps rather wrongly too, below Taskmaster in H2H and close range fighting) out did Taskmaster rather embarrassingly, rather easily. Lets not even go into schemantics here.

Here in this setup (which is OK by the way), we are here talking about a duo who are absolute in H2H, close range/long range combat, and while Damian is still young, there is Bats. I actually do not believe that there are folks here who are dispatching the duo like it was bread n' butter. That said; Taskmaster will not win. He will lose. The only compensation or benefit of doubt I can give is this:

1) If Damian acts out of line (which he has tendency to do, to be fair), and gets taken hostage or on knife point, Tasky wins.

2) There is no other scenario here for Taskmaster to bring to the table what can take Bats out.

My two cents, Bats wins, except only for the rather huge consideration of an erring Damian, in which case it would be a cheap win for Tasky. Since that is only a 'supposition', the technical win belongs to Bats and Co.

Guest bigballerju

Taskmaster is underrated actually and always has been regardless of his abilities. Also losing to Deadpool is not an embarrassment. Deadpool despite his insanity and crazy ways is a damn good merc. Deadpool has made a ass out of Wolverine and others too.

Taskmaster is underrated actually and always has been regardless of his abilities. Also losing to Deadpool is not an embarrassment. Deadpool despite his insanity and crazy ways is a damn good merc. Deadpool has made a ass out of Wolverine and others too.

Hey Baller bro. I would like to agree with you, but a merc. that has the insane knowledge and ability to adapt to a fighting style instantly could only go down in the most casual manner due to 2 things:

1) PIS

2) He is 'susceptible

Susceptibility is what Bats thrives on. Take Deathstroke for instance; he is susceptible, but his list of losses (mostly) come out of team-ups or blindsides. There is no 'embarrassing' loss that was not explained or covered up. It just puts a strong noticeable dent in a character's billing when you show him go down to even an equal, the way Taskmaster did to Pool. Not only that, in the Civil War storyline, it was quite nonsensical, that where he could have easily 'escaped' Sue Richards, he was just dumbstruck to move, letting her roll all over him. I am not saying Taskmaster is a casual everyday butt wipe, but I am saying he has shown a strong susceptibility, and that is the window Bats thrives on. Bats is not Deadpool, he calculates, schemes 10 steps ahead at all times. Even the new Bats (Grayson) has somewhat adapted to this method. You just can't say that Bats will go down to Tasky because Tasky has those capabilities. You have to match up to outings, and experiences and then decide where the fight is likely headed.

I am with Bats in this fight, even if I count out Damian. Sorry, call me frustrated with the way characters are treated, but I lost my faith in Taskmaster during his last whimsical loss. I know its not fair to him, but it will sure as hell not be fair period for us to use that 'over-billing' and make him steamroll someone like Bats who is probably the smartest opponent Taskmaster will ever face.

Guest bigballerju

I don't see how not escaping a pissed off Sue Storm with her abilities is a bad thing. Once again Taskmaster has fought Spiderman, Two Captain America's at the same time, Daredevil, Deadpool, and more. They are all on Batman's level. Spiderman is smarter then Batman intellect wise, Deadpool plans ahead as well, and others.

Your only looking at his very few feats. Your not looking at his good feats like the ones I mentioned. A pissed off Sue Storm is very dangerous since she is a heavy hitter. Deadpool is one of the best.

Taskmaster has lost to A list heroes. That in no way says anything bad about his abilities.

I don't see how not escaping a pissed off Sue Storm with her abilities is a bad thing. Once again Taskmaster has fought Spiderman, Two Captain America's at the same time, Daredevil, Deadpool, and more. They are all on Batman's level. Spiderman is smarter then Batman intellect wise, Deadpool plans ahead as well, and others.

Your only looking at his very few feats. Your not looking at his good feats like the ones I mentioned. A pissed off Sue Storm is very dangerous since she is a heavy hitter. Deadpool is one of the best.

Taskmaster has lost to A list heroes. That in no way says anything bad about his abilities.

Baller bro. I know it is only opinion at the end of the day, but in my mind, it counts. I know Taskmaster's feats. I have only stated the fallibility because they are severely undermining and conflicting with his history and his billing. He is an escape artist along with being a H2H fighter. In the many nooks and crannys of the broken city where the heavy sparring was going on, it should have been easy for him to elude the build up and vanish. But no, Marvel had to use him as fodder and show an out of character fear and complete loss of brain functions to be manhandled by Storm.

My questions are these bro:

1) He has repeatedly shown that any tiny piece of the plan deviating means a loss (Moonknight?)

2) He has indeed fought these heroes to a standstill, but when his chips were (mostly) heavier than theirs, not at random or even necessarily unprepared. On one or two instances, yes, he displayed impressive ability, which is why I came to respect the character.

3) DD, Spiderman, Cap are not higher in intellect than Batman. His string of 'intelligence driven' contingencies off or on the fly, or even his ability to innovate with various forms of tech, and even make it, trumps them all combined. This is a gray area where we are obviously disagreeing, and should leave it there. I am only doing the math, looking at character history more than anything. Bats is usually the one to fall in the end even if the chips are down; don;t know if I can say the same for Spiderman. Whether that comes from their difference in roles driven by power sets or not, it is a stat in favour of Bats, period.

4) Taskmaster's sparring results while 'hopeful' were severely conflicted by his losses, (Moonknight, Avengers, Deadpool) whereby each instant conflicted his established abilities.

My take would have been: I would have left the character's integrity intact, not broken it down by folks he is supposed to trump.

Sorry, Bats has no conflicting moments as these. Losses for him stem from being blindsided, or ganged up on, or extensively pre-planned setups. Can never say the same for Taskmaster, who inspite of extensive billing has been manipulated (Civil War), beaten by lesser (Moonknight), and has seen his planning fall apart completely with one chunk going loose.

Humbly, it is my opinion that way bro. Always good debating with you though it has been a long time.

Guest bigballerju

Batman is not smarter then Spiderman. He is a superior Detective but not smarter then guys like Spiderman, Hank Pym, and more. I haven't seen one good reason why Taskmaster wins. You keep using Taskmaster's very few minor losts to says he would lose to Batman and ignoring all his other feats. Spiderman defeated two beings with the Phoenix Power by simply outsmarting and manipulating them.

You think Taskmaster losing to Storm is a bad feat that says why he would lose here? Are you kidding? Storm is would manhandle Batman too. Your downplaying Taskmaster and others in Marvel. That's all your doing. Taskmaster has out fought A list heroes and superior foes. Batman has not. Your have not listed any real reasons why Taskmaster loses.

Batman doesn't have low feats? Batman hasn't been outsmarted? Batman hasn't lost? Seriously now your gone have to give us better reasons why Taskmaster loses.

Batman is not smarter then Spiderman. He is a superior Detective but not smarter then guys like Spiderman, Hank Pym, and more. I haven't seen one good reason why Taskmaster wins. You keep using Taskmaster's very few minor losts to says he would lose to Batman and ignoring all his other feats. Spiderman defeated two beings with the Phoenix Power by simply outsmarting and manipulating them.

You think Taskmaster losing to Storm is a bad feat that says why he would lose here? Are you kidding? Storm is would manhandle Batman too. Your downplaying Taskmaster and others in Marvel. That's all your doing. Taskmaster has out fought A list heroes and superior foes. Batman has not. Your have not listed any real reasons why Taskmaster loses.

Batman doesn't have low feats? Batman hasn't been outsmarted? Batman hasn't lost? Seriously now your gone have to give us better reasons why Taskmaster loses.

smarter the spiderman yes smarter then pym no and your saying batman hasn't beat superior foes that is funny thats almost all he did thorough out the 90's and weither you like it or not he has beat superman of course he needed prep and he doesn't have it here but he has defeated deathstroke and taskmaster is no better than him so with robin he wins this .

In addition to what bro comicbookfan said:

1) Taskmaster losing to Storm is not bad, if he faced her head on. Where were his special 'escapist skills'? Why did he stare at her power build up, and then get crushed by it? What happened with the Avengers? What happened with Moonknight? What happened with Deadpool? All I see is one bottom line: Where he extensively planned and marginally succeeded, he failed miserably on these other counts. That is not something I can say for Deathstroke or even Bane.

2) Batman being outsmarted? Go ahead bro and list something for me, where he was outsmarted in the course of a plan, or battle. I know this: even if you do manage it, its gonna take you some serious digging. Kindly do not even bother to list the 'R.I.P' storyline, as per Morrison himself, it has a convoluted end, suggesting both his unpreparedness, and his non-preparedness, which by the way is attributed to his 'blind love'.

3) Smart is where smart counts bro. As comicbookfan said, 'smarter' than Pym, I agree. Bats is not smarter than Pym. A better battle strategist than Pym? Yes he is. That is what I have implied by smarts all along, just in case I didn't come across clearly.

Also bro, kindly do not mention me as being anti this or that. Even if you didn't imply it, it sounded like that to me.