Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12882 Batman & Robin vs. Taskmaster

Guest ninjaman1848

as in what that hasnt been countered right back?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prometheus kicking Bat's ass the first time they met, just like Tasky is about too.

The difference is that Prometheus had years of planning going into his confrontation. Taskmaster doesnt have that advantage. Here they both meet for the first time and again as I state, Batman has the added advantage of darkness and numbers. You can discount Damian however much you want but he is a lethal fighter that can hang with most street level fighters

He didn't have years of planning. That wasn't stated, he had planning but not that much.

Bats and Damien are both good hand to hand fighters but Tasky had the combined skills of guys like Cap, Punisher, Hawkeye and more. They are simply outmatched and therefore, lose.

Guest skadoosh

Batman is not smarter then Spiderman. He is a superior Detective but not smarter then guys like Spiderman, Hank Pym, and more.

There are different kinds of intelligence. As you said, Batman is the better detective, but he's not the better scientist, but that only matters so much in a straight up fight.

And I forgot about Kain and Methos, lol.

What, they're actually brothers?

he's a kid. He's supposed to make dumbass mistakes.

Not when he can move faster than Batman. I agree that it was a mistake on Kid Flash's part, but it was also Batman's timing. It was both.

I can see Batman winning this, but as i said, only if he stays nicely far away from Taskmaster and throws as much as he can at him from afar, eventually knocking him out. Damien is a non-factor, essentially.

Damien has not shown to be on par with Nightwing or Tim Drake. He has yet to truly fight them.

Damien doesn't need to fight them to prove he's equal or superior to them. I imagine he could beat Tim in a fight, but probably not Dick.

He can have all those skills but any of those fighters would have a tough time beating Bats and Damian at the same time with no prep. While he can copy moves, he cant copy those fighters instincts. When it comes to battle instincts only a couple come to mind greater than Batman and Taskmaster is not one of them.

Also everyone seems to discount Damian for some reason. Skadoosh, you yourself said he could probably beat Tim in a fight but then say he is useless in this fight? Damian could fight short bursts with Taskmaster and Bat could make his moves to attack at just the right moment. Vice versa works as well. Also they could alternate back in forth changing fighting styles and keeping Taskmaster on the ropes, not knowing what is coming next. Numbers, tech, intellect, and experience all play against Taskmaster here.

Yeah, anyone of their skill by themselves would be hard pressed to beat Bats and Damien. But all of them together? No. Cap, Hawkeye, Punisher, Daredevil, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist etc skills COMBINED far outweigh Bats and Damien.

Guest bigballerju

At least Skadoosh understands and has been paying attention to our posts. Everyone agrees that Damien is a non-factor. Skadoosh problem is Batman is not going to stay back and once he gets into a fight with Taskmaster he will lose.

Yeah, anyone of their skill by themselves would be hard pressed to beat Bats and Damien. But all of them together? No. Cap, Hawkeye, Punisher, Daredevil, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist etc skills COMBINED far outweigh Bats and Damien.

the difference is he can use a copied skill but not the instincts of the person he copied them from. Also he can only use one person at a time. While he can switch quickly its not one combined fighting style. Its almost a segmented series of moves. Throughout the fight he would become predictable to someone of Batman's skills

What makes Damian useless?

And the same is true for Batman and Damien. Tasky's reflex would allow him to predict their moves faster than Bats and Damien would by watching how he fights.

Bats has encountered this before and can make his moves unpredictable. He go's with the flow and attacks according to his position and not off what would be natural. Do the unexpected. A shot to the head opens up so you attack his midsection. A shot to his knee opens up and you attack his knee.

Also he may be fast but he cant fight both and block every strike. Four arms and Four legs and he only has 2 arms and 2 legs to block with. He can only counter so long until he gets hit. Every time he gets hit it will take a tole on him more and more. This will slow his reactions and wear him down. While I never said it would be easy. I see no real way Taskmaster could win without prep in this situation. 2 on 1, in the dark, and against 2 fighters that can be considered top tier fighters

Guest skadoosh

Taskmaster would probably slaughter Damien, but i can see Bruce outsmarting him and using the contents of his belt to beat him somehow.

Um, no. Tasky has his standard equipment too, so he's gonna have a shield like Cap's which can easily help with the blocking. He also has a bow to attack at range as well as guns.

Guest bigballerju

Damien is a over-confident spoiled little brat who has proven against a skilled and deadly person like Taskmaster he will get himself killed. Enough said. Damien is useless here.

Damien is a over-confident spoiled little brat who has proven against a skilled and deadly person like Taskmaster he will get himself killed. Enough said. Damien is useless here.

Actually thats not the case anymore. He learned his lesson facing Nobody. It also proved the length and how determined Bruce can be to save his son. What gives Taskmaster an advantage against other marvel characters is he has seen them fight hundreds of times and knows there tendencies. He can copy some of bats moves but he doesnt know how he thinks and he has not encountered anyone with Batman's mindset. Again the peoples skills that Taskmaster can use are all martial arts forms that Batman knows already as well so that equals out. With Taskmaster having no real prior knowledge of Batman I dont see him come out on top.

Damian is a master assassin and people seem to forget that. People forget he was raised by the League of Assassins and actually trained with them longer than Bruce did.

We may as well stop here because nothing will convince either of us of changing our minds. In this scenario I see Bats and Damian winning 8 out of 10 times. You see it different. We can just agree to disagree.

banebro

brovstheterminator

nova bro nova

bigbroju

damagingbro

bro panzer

marvelbro15

broD7

silverbro092

broSkillz

bro Man

brovette1710

xBROx

kevinDbro93

G4brocore

ThePhenomenalBro

broisntblue

Bro Fowl

bromethos

kainbro

bro_echo

The Bro of Nesh

brogambrell

brodoosh

bromeister5651

broThwei

mercenarybro

he who fights bros

patrickthebro

Jason brofield

Dr Bro(mex)

browolf

comic_book_bro

brolord

Ruinbro

bro20456

bro_know_all

Soberbro

broisbeast

bro-speed_88

Jason Voorhees bro

brogix

brotrekker

hamtarobrox

videogamebro

twogunbro

Bro entreri

omegabro

Brobrobrobro

bro stranglehold

Josh M Bro

Updated list! Haha.

As for the matchup:

1) Baller saying that Damien is useless just about explains his own question about 'us' ignoring the stats of Tasky. Damien is NEVER USLESS ANYWHERE. He may have the impulsiveness of a brat, but as rightly (again) pointed out by Legacy, his character development has gone much farther since then.

2) Batman doesn't know K'un L'un, but so he didn't know Karate Kid's much much enhanced fighting style(s), or didn't know the fighting style of the Amazons. It is only subjective Nova bro, that it is a matter of a few seconds with someone the caliber of bats to improvise by taking a lick, or watching a feint. It is moreover, the wielder of the art who we are questioning about. Tasky.

My humble two cents again: (and I know comicbookfan and Legacy X have hit good points, so my points are something on the side, or in addition)

- If Tasky has highlights, he has lows which truly outshine those highlights; one of those lows ALWAYS, is when a fighter loses to a LESSER fighter, and that too either with minimal distraction or plain outright, it puts in 'degrees' that can just not be ignored if he is fighting someone like Bats. Example scenario: Think about it, when he faced off Moonknight at his lowest ebb, he had several fighting skills, most notably Cap's and Panther's down and still went down. Same goes when he was almost killed by Punisher.

- Baller bro has concerns that Bats has lows, but apart from Prometheus (who is consistently tearing apart profiles as highlighted rightly by Legacy bro) nothing has been stated so far. Plus, Bats put Prometheus down in future outings, making the initial win a bit convoluted as in, Bats improvised even over Prometheus, who had even updated his 'skill database' on Bats. That meant that Bats not only adjusted even his own fighting style over Prometheus' improvisation, but literally 'beat himself'.

Hence bros, one may wield a fighting discipline, it his inner ability and his improvisation from opponent to opponent that matters. Moreso, it is his history that announces aloud what he is truly, solidly capable of.

Bottom line (trying this again bros.): Taskmaster has a wide range: high to low. With someone like Batman, I would never ever go out and say: Tasky will use his accumulated skills to simply beat him. At a far stretch, I will flip a coin. At a crunch, I will play down stats and either come up to a hard fought, dragged out win or draw or loss, and with Damien thrown in, I will especially begin to reconsider, if Tasky can keep up long enough, leave alone win. Bats affects his opponents like no one does (my opinion, but one I know that is projected loudly by scribes from both companies even). My take is Bats will win in a hard fight. Out of 5, I will give Bats 3 chances. With Damien, I won't even consider it. The only factor favouring Tasky would be storyline convenience IF, (HUGE IF) Damien errs and is taken hostage. Smartly, IFS should not be even considered, and thereby, my take is Bats team all along.

The consolation is, (out of a lost respect for Tasky), Tasky could escape, or blindside them to vanish. That's about it. He is not winning this.

banebro

brovstheterminator

nova bro nova

bigbroju

damagingbro

bro panzer

marvelbro15

broD7

silverbro092

broSkillz

bro Man

brovette1710

xBROx

kevinDbro93

G4brocore

ThePhenomenalBro

broisntblue

Bro Fowl

bromethos

kainbro

bro_echo

The Bro of Nesh

brogambrell

brodoosh

bromeister5651

broThwei

mercenarybro

he who fights bros

patrickthebro

Jason brofield

Dr Bro(mex)

browolf

comic_book_bro

brolord

Ruinbro

bro20456

bro_know_all

Soberbro

broisbeast

bro-speed_88

Jason Voorhees bro

brogix

brotrekker

hamtarobrox

videogamebro

twogunbro

Bro entreri

omegabro

Brobrobrobro

bro stranglehold

Josh M Bro

Updated list! Haha.

Nicely done. By the by, who's brobrobrobro? LOL.

banebro

brovstheterminator

nova bro nova

bigbroju

damagingbro

bro panzer

marvelbro15

broD7

silverbro092

broSkillz

bro Man

brovette1710

xBROx

kevinDbro93

G4brocore

ThePhenomenalBro

broisntblue

Bro Fowl

bromethos

kainbro

bro_echo

The Bro of Nesh

brogambrell

brodoosh

bromeister5651

broThwei

mercenarybro

he who fights bros

patrickthebro

Jason brofield

Dr Bro(mex)

browolf

comic_book_bro

brolord

Ruinbro

bro20456

bro_know_all

Soberbro

broisbeast

bro-speed_88

Jason Voorhees bro

brogix

brotrekker

hamtarobrox

videogamebro

twogunbro

Bro entreri

omegabro

Brobrobrobro

bro stranglehold

Josh M Bro

Updated list! Haha.

Couldn't help seeing this again. Your list literally made me crack up bro. LOL.