Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

The Avengers Initiative

C.T.

Heh. Couple of questions:

1. It's daytime, right? I think I remember it being daytime when the Chitauri attacked in the movie, but I'm not 100% sure.

2. Has everyone been briefed on one another? For example, would we know of Bullseye and Punisher's past prior to their recruitment to the team, or is that being kept quiet?

Guest Jeremi

Too late to join?

If not then...

220px-Charlize_Theron_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Charlize Theron

Starring as...

Spiral_%28Earth-1610%29.png

Spiral (Ultimate version)

Powers

Spiral possessed six arms and the strength and agility to wield weapons in each simultaneously. She also possessed limited psychic defenses, able to sneak up on Jean Grey without being noticed.

Equipment

Swords, battle axe, billy club, nunchaku, and throwing stars.

Seeing as how it's the "movie verse" version her history's slightly changed from the Ultimate verse

Spiral was a citizen of the island nation called Genosha. The country was caught up in the anti-mutant bigotry that pervaded the world and went so far as to outlaw mutants altogether. There was a vibrant mutant underground that developed after the law, though many other fled the country—Spiral's sister among them.

Some time later she would have been contacted by Nick Fury for a chance to escape Genosha, by joining an off the grid team of 'heroes'. Reluctantly Spiral accepted due to finally being able to reunite with her sister who had fled to the States.

Seann%20William%20Scott%20(1).jpg

Sean William Scott

AS

deadpool.png

Deadpool

Powers

• Regenerative Healing Factor: Deadpool possesses a superhuman healing factor derived from that of the mutant Wolverine that allows him to regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. Deadpool is able to heal injuries such as slashes, puncture wounds, bullet wounds, and severe burns within moments. His healing factor is significantly more powerful than Wolverines as he can regrow missing limbs and organs and has survived blades through his brain on several occasions. His head or any other limb can be reattached using this ability, but has to be placed in the proper place[28]. As Deadpool had cancer at the time of the gene therapy which endowed him with these abilities, it bound to the "healing factor" so that in a sense the cancer is his healing factor, which is why his skin is still horribly scarred. Unlike Wolverine’s natural healing factor, Deadpool’s is mentally driven to a partial extent.

• Foreign Chemical Resistance: Deadpool's body is highly resistant to most drugs and toxins. For example, it is extremely difficult, though not impossible, for him to become intoxicated (Blind Al made several references to Deadpool being hung-over since he once drunkenly spoke to the Telletubbies on the TV he was watching). He can, however, be affected by certain drugs, such as tranquilizers, if he is exposed to a large enough dosage.

• Disease Immunity: The unique regenerative qualities of Deadpool's healing factor also extend to his immune system, rendering him immune to the effects of all known diseases and infections.

• Extended Longevity: Deadpool's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process to an unknown degree. His life span is extended to such a degree, that an alternate reality version of him was alive and still in business as Deadpool 800 years in the future[29]. Deadpool has established a relationship with the personification of Death and as a result has been cursed by Thanos, to be unable to die.

Telepathic Immunity: The healing factor causes his brain cells to be in a constant state of flux and regeneration, rendering him immune to psychics such as Professor X and Emma Frost. Recently Deadpool has not demonstrated this ability. He was able to be telepathically linked to the rest of the X-Force team by Psylocke and has fallen under mind control of Shadow King.

• Peak human Strength: Deadpool possesses great, though not unnatural, physical strength. However, he does have at least the strength of an Olympic level weightlifter. He is capable of lifting at least 420 lbs. but no more than 800 lbs.

• Superhuman Stamina: Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to impair him.

• Superhuman Agility: Deadpool's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

• Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced, superior to those of even the finest human athlete.

• Superhuman Speed: Deadpool has superhuman speed thanks to Weapon X, but he sometimes relies on his teleportation device.

Equipment

Deadpool employs any number of weapons depending on his current assignment. Most often, Deadpool uses guns, grenades, sai, knives, and katanas. Wade can use any weapon known to man and learn how to use the weapon in less than 5 minutes. Wade is mainly seen using a gun and/or a sharp object. Deadpool has also been shown as having a magic satchel, often pulling weapons out of nowhere.

Fury told Deadpool he could have his "special" bag of cheesy puffs and a 5 minute shopping spree in the SHIELD armory and Deadpool agreed to work for Fury's covert ops team.

Both are accepted, and since it hasn't been that long since posting the actual thing, I'm going to just say you're with the rest heading to manhattan right now. Cosmic powers activated.

Also...guess methos has had two choices taken away now. Poor guy. :P

Dolph Landgern

MV5BMjE3MzIzNDMwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDAzNDk1Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR128,0,214,314_.jpg

As

Titanium Man

236px-130943-59398-titanium-man_large.jpg

Powers/Abilities:

Flight

Concussive Blast

Superhuman Strength

Stamina

Equipment:

A suit of titanium based off Iron Man's technology. Increasing his strength, greater then Iron Man himself. Fly at super sonic speeds, reaching escape velocity. Fire blast of concussive force from his hands, project constructive force 'rings' and fire a electromagnetically paralytic beam from the helmet. It can also tank moderate amounts of artillery.

Using this as an example, does this guy represent the limit of allowed characters? It seems to me like someone around this level could likely give most a run for their money*. Only in that if he's stronger than Iron Man, he's above a passive Savage Hulk.

It was just brought to my attention by Ethan that the two shield pilots can easily be a cameo...by Ethvan. I never intended for that but now I totally can't see it any other way...

Eh, being a little stronger than movieverse Iron Man still isn't really that powerful. I'm guessing characters just have to be around the same level as movieverse Thor (or below that), considering he's the most powerful member of the Avengers.

I don't know, are you sure it isn't movie Hulk? The fight between the two seemed pretty one sided at times.

Guest KevinDWolf93

I put a bit of thought into this so lemme add my 2 cents/play devils advocate on titanium man's abilities, the concept is fairly in line with the comics(according to wiki anyways);

Boris in his suit is marginally stronger than Tony's but being twice the size of your average man sorta helps the suits augmentation scale since Iron man is the more technologically advanced on by a longshot, and likely more agil. This would give tony versatility(which any rper worth his salt knows is where it counts). Tonys using the mk 7 in this fight which(from research) adds a slew of new weapon systems and a rocket pack which allows him to weaponize his repulsors as seen when dealing with the chitauri skiffs(its been pointed out prior to the mk 7 tony relied on outmanuvering whats on his tail in the air due to repulsors being primarily flight stabilizers).

If we want to put the titanium man suit on a scale in movie terms then at best he might be near the mk 4 assuming the russians/shield worked around the power source issue. Tech and efficiencywise he probably isnt going to surpass the suits(sans briefcase armor) that run on the triangle arc reactor at this point. From a built perspective it's likely similar to Stane's big armor.

Guest sirmethos

Alright, here is my sign-up as promised:

Joe Manganiello

joe_manganiello_as_owen.jpg

As: Simon Williams, aka. Wonder Man.

wonderman.jpeg

Power-set:

Ionic Form: His flesh is permeated by ionic energy. Visible in his eyes that seem like pools of energy with no pupils.

Enhanced Strength, Speed, Durability, Reflexes, Stamina, Agility and Hearing.

Energy Vision: Can see beyond the normal visible spectrum.

Flight

Enhanced Regeneration: Heals faster than normal humans.

Energy Blasts(from eyes and hands)

Virtual Immortality: Though he can still be killed, he is immune to age, sickness, poison and infection.

Self-sustenance: Does not require food, water or oxygen.

Note: I have specifically not given any details on the levels of strength, destructive power of blasts, etc. since he is being nerfed to fit in the movie-verse. I leave it up to the GM(s?) to inform me if I'm attempting to do something that is outside of my abilities.

Guest sirmethos

Crud -.-

I knew I was forgetting something. I've been focusing so much on trying to figure out which character to pick, that I've forgotten to think of a post for the actual RP -.-

I'll post asap.

Too late to join? If not...

Hugh Jackman

hugh-jackman-photoshoot345-wolverine-and-house-16424647-1900-1264.jpg

As....WOLVERINE (original, I know. Couldn't think of someone better to play him.)

40326_orig.jpg

Abilities

• Regenerative healing factor
  • Superhuman senses, strength, agility, stamina, reflexes, and longevity
  • Adamantium-laced skeletal structure
  • Retractable adamantium-laced bone claws
  • Elongated and sharp canines
  • Master martial artist, spy, and tactician
  • Trained swordsman

I hope I can get in and this is good. If not, let me know.

This is my attempt to get back into RPing - been rather busy and have gone for too long.

Attempt #1!

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

tumblr_magmau8Qt11rdp4w7o1_500.jpg

As Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff):

Kraven.jpg?t=1349408984

Abilities:

• Superhuman Strength: Kraven was superhumanly strong and was capable of lifting approximately 2 tons.
  • Superhuman Speed: Kraven was capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. At his peak, Kraven could spring short distances at speeds up to 60 miles per hour.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Kraven's musculature produced less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He could exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue began to impair him.
  • Superhuman Durability: Though far from invulnerable, Kraven's body was somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than the body of an ordinary human. He could withstand great impacts and blunt force trauma, such as being punched and kicked by Spider-Man, without injury.
  • Superhuman Agility: Kraven's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Kraven's reflexes and reaction time were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits.
  • Kraven was a brilliant tactician and gifted hunter and tracker. He was a master of many forms of armed and unarmed combat, having trained himself against savage beasts. He was very familiar with medicine and with exotic poisons and tranquilizers. He developed his own fighting style by battling jungle animals with his bare hands. He was also skilled at taming wild beasts.

I don't think it's necessary for me to post his extended longevity or his new-found immortality (from the comics).

Equipment:

• Used various weaponry such as darts, spears, axes, nets, whips, poisons, and gases, as well as traps.

Guest sirmethos

(original, I know. Couldn't think of someone better to play him.)

I don't think there is anyone better to play him.