Norman Nordstrom: 6

Jean Grey vs. Polaris
MATCH SCORE
Jean Grey: 3
Polaris: 0

The Avengers Initiative

C.T.

Guest bigballerju

man....I wish I could see a real superhero film that has Karl Urban, Dolph Lungdren, Clive Owen and Jeremy Renner all co-starring .

EDIT: yeah, most of the actor choices(from the ones who put one anyways) are pretty awesome.

@BBJ: If you do want to get specific with Castle's loadout here is a fun site showcasing what was used in the 2004 film...like everything.

Thanks I will use that indeed.

I was thinking Heroes for Hire, given the way some of us were recruited...or the Thunderbolts, considering how some of us are heroes, some of us are villains and some walk a fine line between both...

I like the Thunderbolts idea, actually. It almost seems as if there are more "morally ambiguous" characters on the team than there are heroes. :P

Edit: Us being the Secret Avengers could work too. Maybe we're the team SHIELD want to keep out of the limelight while the main roster soaks up all the glory? Kinda like X-Force.

i like secret avengers

Guest KevinDWolf93

Bullseye likely wouldnt care, so neither do I :P.

But secret avengers sounds more fun. Leaves nicknames for fury to call us free as well.

Guest sirmethos

Having a team name kinda seems to defeat the purpose of being a secret, "behind the scenes while the Avengers take the glory", kind of team.

The only thing that a team name would be used for(at this point in time at least) would be when Fury is referring to the team, when talking to people like other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, the Security Council, etc.

Also, a team name kinda makes it seem like a permanent thing. And while some of the characters would probably be up for permanently joining a team like this, there are plenty of the characters that wouldn't.

Yeah, that's pretty much all it would be used for. They're not going to pose in front of cameras and flaunt themselves as the Secret Avengers...hmm. Maybe go with a SHIELD like name? Phase 3 perhaps? They did have a phase 2 codename in the movie. Of course, that was for weaponry but still.

And that's true enough I suppose. Maybe we could make a believable reason for them to stick together for a reasonable amount of time. For example, like the Suicide Squad, food laced with explosives or nano-bots or something? I wouldn't put it past SHIELD. Plus it allows them to keep tabs on...individuals of interest.

It could be Phase B seeing as they are the b team and a little play on letters since Avengers would essentially be the first Phase whether it be Phase A or 1

Actual RP intro is coming up in a second. Every character posted for Beta Team(except for Nova) is clambering onto a SHIELD jet and heading towards Manhattan. So yeah, feel free to interact/banter with whatever other character you wish. After a while, I'll post their crash landing and bam, you're in the middle of battle.

Also, this doesn't mean sign-ups can't continue. I left myself a safety net for that, as you see in the intro, Nova questions the fact they're only sending a back-up team, not teams. Hill replies they like to keep a card or two up their sleeves until absolutely necessary. So that would be where any other characters signed up after this will be.

Also...I'd be interested in having a co-GM, just so that even if I'm not here and he/she is, the RP can continue. Maybe a trio of GMs, just so the RP doesn't die because of GM issues.

I can help as well if you need it, though I lack the time window I used to have. If it turns out you do need the help, I'll let you know my primary hours of activity.

Tom-Hardy.jpg

Tom Hardy (Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Warrior, This Means War, and Lawless)

AS

oXUG9.jpg

Flash Thompson VENOM

Powers

• Black Symbiotic Costume: The symbiote most likely grants Flash the following powers:

• Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Superhuman Speed, Agility, and Reflexes
  • Accelerated Healing Factor
  • Wall-Crawling
  • ESP (Spider-Sense)
  • Immunity to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense
  • Camouflage Capabilities
  • Constituent-Matter Generation
  • Constituent-Matter Manipulation

Equipment: Multi Gun ( http://marvel.wikia.com/Multi-Gun ), sub machine guns, and various hand guns

After losing his legs in the war, Flash Thompson was honored when the government came to him for a new chance at serving his country. By exposing him to the Venom symbiote he has been able to work covert missions and perform assignments he never dreamed of. While his anger sometimes interferes with the symbiote he has shown the ability to harness it for the better. When the Chitauri showed up in Manhattan, Agent Venom was top on the list to perform the covert ops needed to secure high valuable assets inside the city. When Nick Fury contacted Thompson he convinced Thompson he could be a major asset. Venom was known among the criminal underworld and widely feared by many. Fury could use this to his advantage for infiltration into the enemy ranks.

Yeah, sorry, but I think I'm going to "stick" with my latter choice. And with Kwolf's point on continuity issues, it might get messy if we both picked the same symbiote. Have you considered other symbiotes?

That would be helpful indeed G4. I plan to be on as much as possible so that wouldn't be required but sometimes life just totally screws up your plans, so it helps to have a back-up plan.

I can help as well if you need it, though I lack the time window I used to have. If it turns out you do need the help, I'll let you know my primary hours of activity.

Yeah, sorry, but I think I'm going to "stick" with my latter choice. And with Kwolf's point on continuity issues, it might get messy if we both picked the same symbiote. Have you considered other symbiotes?

i will think of another it just won't be till Friday when I'm off work again

Haven't decided but of these characters who would work best. Namor, Deadpool, Ares, or Beast

Guest KevinDWolf93

Clambering aboard, the two red shirt SHIELD pilots close the opening hatch and take off.

We're going to crash land....aren't we?

Actual RP intro is coming up in a second. Every character posted for Beta Team(except for Nova) is clambering onto a SHIELD jet and heading towards Manhattan. So yeah, feel free to interact/banter with whatever other character you wish. After a while, I'll post their crash landing and bam, you're in the middle of battle.

Also, this doesn't mean sign-ups can't continue. I left myself a safety net for that, as you see in the intro, Nova questions the fact they're only sending a back-up team, not teams. Hill replies they like to keep a card or two up their sleeves until absolutely necessary. So that would be where any other characters signed up after this will be.