Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

The Avengers Initiative

C.T.

Now I'm just spitballing here with this idea, but I'd think it'd be interesting. Say for example, during the Avengers/Chitauri battle in the movie , there'd be another story to it. Like maybe a group of SHIELD agents are on hand and also fighting and that's who you'd play as, in a kind of prologue mission of the RP, from which it would extend to other possible missions, maybe something to do with Thanos or his influence or other bad guys of the movie verse, like maybe the Red Skull returns from his cosmic cube trip or something like that.

Heck maybe even during the Chitauri fight, while the Avengers are duking it out, it could be revealed they aren't the only superheroes there, like there's another team out there of less-known, popular Avengers assisting. Like an Alpha team/Beta team/Charlie Team kind of deal.

For the obligatory methos quote response, I know this isn't well thought out at all. Just an idea that popped up into my head and I'd thought I'd run with it. I've done riskier things.

Anyways...thoughts?

Guest sirmethos

For the obligatory methos quote response, I know this isn't well thought out at all. Just an idea that popped up into my head and I'd thought I'd run with it. I've done riskier things.

That 'quote' is for when people post actual RPs, that are half-arsed. This isn't an actual rp, just a basic idea for one.

That said, it's a potentially interesting idea.

I would probably go with other super-humans, sometime after the Chitauri attack.

There are plenty of mundane situations that teams like that could be sent out to deal with. While the eventual invasion/encounter with Thanos, could be sort of 'finishing' mission for the RP.

I would probably keep the power level relatively low, and background stories would have to be modified to fit in with the movie-verse though.

Agreed 100%. Can't have people like Scarlet Witch or Doc Strange running around because that's too easy.

If more people are interested, I can start brainstorming the outline of the RP and everything. Probably take a while though.

Guest bigballerju

Sounds interesting. Would we use low level superheroes from Marvel comics or create original characters to fit in with the Universe? If we do either one maybe we could also post what actor would play our character as well. If its an original we use a actor pic and if its a Marvel Character we also attach the superhero pic along with a actor.

I was thinking more low level established characters, instead of originals. It's not that I don't like creativity, it just helps in the plot and such to know the strengths and weaknesses of the various participants.

Feel free to do that, it sounds interesting. It's not required if you don't want to though guys.

I could go for that. Seems interesting to me.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Also interested, seeing a serious idea from you is always nice .

I do question other ideas or limitations, even nerfing a character to better fit the world. Like other marvel film adaptions(Blade, Ghost Rider, etc). Ive no opinion on using them or 'recasting' aside from the movies consistently avoiding mutants due to the x men films being 20th century fox. Just figured I would throw it out in case it came up.

As for a rudimentary RP sheet, assuming it's mildly freeformed so the concept below might suffice? Im just tossing out ideas(note; not necessarily who Id pick if we do this, just the first thing that came to head). Im gonna be the first to admit that it's quite sparse, but hey improvement is the name of the game!

Character: "The immortal" Iron Fist/Danny Rand

913609-887845_1iron_fist_by_grafik.jpg

Portrayed by:

2gxitcn.jpg

Ray Park

Powers/Abilities:

*Master martial artist

*ability to enhance physical abilities with chi control

*self healing via inward chi control

*ability to concentrate the natural energies into his hand as "iron fists", manifesting as a supernatural glow

http://en.wikipedia....s_and_abilities

(comprehensive list)

Equipment: N/A

Reason for being in the area of the Chitauri attack/how they fit in(assuming we go that route):

Danny Rand had just returned to new york from of K'un-L'un after having finished his training and was in the middle of getting settled. He was taking steps to begin his entrepanuership when the attack began. In a part of the city where escape was doubtful in time, Rand grabbed a nearby bandanna for a makeshift mask before preparing to defend himself and those nearby against the Chitauri with his martial prowess.

Nick Fury watches impassively with his one good eye as Stark leads the way with his suit while the others follow in a jet. He smirks in success. "They found him."

He turns to his assistant. "Hill, get communications back up. I want to know everything."

Hill nods and starts to turn. "Right away sir."

"Oh and Hill?" he adds.

"Yes?" she replies.

He turns and gives her a steely glare. "Get Beta Team ready to go as well."

She smiles and nods. "I was wondering when you'd make them public."

--------------------------

"So now you know. The Avengers are already there or on the way. Now that Loki is ready and his army is coming and soon...we'd like to unveil our other team as well." Hill says to the individual before her.

He simply frowns. "Team? Not teams?"

Hill smiles. "At this time, we'd still like to keep a card or two up our sleeves before something...someone forces our hand."

He sighs. "SHIELD never changes...does it?"

Hill shrugs. "We have, a fair amount. Before Coulson and Stark met...well we haven't before done anything as risky as the Avengers Initiative."

He nods. "True...however, that's only because you had to. Just like Phase-2, I reckon."

Hill gapes in shock. "How did you..."

"You have your weapons, I have my methods. We play with the toys we're given." he replies. "Now, enough conversation. I better get over there." he says before flying off in a flash of light.

Hill nods in agreement as she watches him fade from sight. "Right." she says to no one in particular. "Good luck."

--------------------

He arrives, just in time. From a distance, he watches as Tony fires upon the approaching figures above Stark Tower, lighting a fair amount up. Still, even from this distance he can see it's not enough as they start to spread out and strafe the surrounding areas.

"Time to help." he remarks before increasing speed. Soon enough, he's close enough and blasts a few of the assailants with energy beams, before slowing down and tackles one into the ground. He quickly jumps up and punches another into a nearby car, kicks two others into unconsciousness with a quick roundhouse and turns and blasts the last one before rocketing off. "Alright, fourth street's clear."

"Beta Lead, you hear me?" Fury's voice crackles into his ear piece.

"Loud and clear." he replies.

"Good. The rest of the Avengers have arrived to help out Stark." Fury says.

He glances off to the side, watching lightning bolts fry a lot of the bastards. "No kidding."

"Also...the rest of Beta team is getting briefed and will be on the way soon." Fury notes.

"Don't hurry them on my account, its not like the city is in danger." he remarks.

"Just do what you can." Fury replies.

--------------------

Fury and Hill stand before the fresh-faced Beta Team members, each of them eager and willing to serve. He stares at each of them in turn...knowing that some may not return from this battle...but wishes they all could.

"Alright, listen up. The Avengers are already in Manhattan, fighting against Loki and his army of aliens...the Chitauri. We don't know where they're from and it doesn't really matter right now. What does matter is that they are currently obliterating Manhattan, despite the Avengers best efforts." Fury states. "Which is why you are all here. We need all the help that we can get. Now, your team leader is already on-site. You are to meet up with him ASAP."

A picture of him flashes up on screen. "He's not the perfect leader...but he is a space cop and has experience dealing with aliens. Moreover, in terms of power he's a cross between Iron Man and Thor in certain aspects...which are all good reasons he's team lead." Fury remarks.

"Now, go and do your duty. Good luck. Dismissed." Fury barks as an order.

---------------------

OOC: Now the above is a rough draft that may or may not have some changes added to it. It is at that point that you would introduce your characters and such. Consider this page an interest thread and a sign up sheet.

Now, for what I expect in a sign up sheet. Here's Beta Team Lead.

Starring Garrett Hedlund...

garrett-hedlund-da-man-magazine-03.jpg

as

Nova_3_dif_creeds.jpg

Nova, The Human Rocket.

Power-set

Flight

Enhanced Strength, Speed and Durability

Energy Projection

Not Nova Prime, Classic Nova.

Equipment

Nova wears a standard Xandarian StarCorps uniform, designed to accommodate his powers without being damaged by them. In addition, the uniform has a life support function that can sustain Rider under the most extreme environmental conditions. It can act as a space suit by locking off the mouth and eyes of the helmet. The helmet can also pick up radio transmissions, as well as act as a heads-up display for tracking energy signatures.

---------------------

Note that you can include how you were recruited into the team if you so desire, but it's not necessary, as even in the movies, the Avengers for the most part were recruited in minutes of screen time. So yeah, that would also eliminate having to say why you're randomly in Manhattan during the Chitauri attack. You're not there randomly because of some asspullery and other such reasons. You're there because they're attacking.

Which is the prologue mission that would start off the RP.

This sounds like a fun idea, you tend to have good ideas when you get serious, from what I've seen. Would movie-verse Magneto be too powerful? In my opinion, he was shown as much weaker than almost all of his other incarnations, but it's your call. If he's too much, I'd settle for Iceman, also movie-verse.

Ian Mckellen Magneto...the guy who's frequently against the government, working for the government? I don't see that happening...

Iceman would be cool though.

That's the problem? Well, for the sake of fighting off invaders, I could see him choosing the lesser of two evils. How's he going to teach Homo Sapiens a lesson if they're all dead? I can think of many solid reasons for him working for the government, even if on a temporary basis.

Very well, you make good points for him but he can pretty much disarm the entire army, take command of their ships and such. I'd rather you do Iceman but if you really want Mags...