Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Pro Wrestling thread

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I really enjoy the Wyatt Family. So Deliverance-esque creepy and unsettling. I didn't even know that Bray was the former Husky Harris until the crowd chanted it during their debut (which was stupid.)...

Guy looked like he was bigger than Kane.

The ring entrance was cool, the lamb's mask faintly showing in the lantern light is really creepy. IMO, it would be cool to have a Wyatt who was a snake handler. That would fit with their overall theme.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Course, doing that without risk to the snake would be problematic. I'm guessing that's why I've never steal Jake Roberts' schtick.

Guest bigballerju

Triple H has been great behind the scenes. Seriously under his control WWE is going to be good again. He is the one trying to bring back stables, tag teams, and all these different type of characters. I just want him off my TV now for good. On another note it's finally coming out TNA has money problems. It's about time. I feel bad for the Knockouts and X-Division wrestlers who really try hard when they get time but don't get spotlighted more in TNA.

Sunday's PPV was good but two or three matches had bad endings I didn't like. Oh and Del Rio is a great wrestler. I don't care if people hate the guy but the have to give him credit on that. Del Rio and Ziggler's match was great. They had two good matches two nights in a role. Del Rio isn't going anywhere. 

Guest badpierce

I really enjoy the Wyatt Family. So Deliverance-esque creepy and unsettling. I didn't even know that Bray was the former Husky Harris until the crowd chanted it during their debut (which was stupid.)...

It would be cool to see them vs the shield. I'm sure it will happen soon. 

Guest tomisntblue

Sunday's PPV was good but two or three matches had bad endings I didn't like. Oh and Del Rio is a great wrestler. I don't care if people hate the guy but the have to give him credit on that. Del Rio and Ziggler's match was great. They had two good matches two nights in a role. Del Rio isn't going anywhere. 

Del Rio, in my opinion, is a perfect example of how important charisma is. He's a great wrestler, no doubt, but my God is his boring. I just can't bring myself to care about anything he does. 

Guest bigballerju

Yeah that's a problem for Del Rio. He needs that charisma like Eddie Guerrero and he would be very over.

http://youtu.be/levGIV_1eHY

The best wrestling related video on the internet? Possibly. 

I disagree with one thing in this video.

the you must be majority  responsible for why the match is great that isn't fair who had more to do with what was great in the hbk vs undertaker matches  or the sting vs ric flair matches it just seems like your discrediting one great wrestler.

now I finished it and I have quite a few more cena better than sting and hbk wtf .

HBK vs Undertaker is likely 50/50, they both take equal responsibility. If the video was on them, those matches would count toward both of them. Plus, they've both had a huge array of great matches that were mainly their responsibility. The Sting that faced Flair wasn't as great a worker as he eventually grew into, those were more to do with Flair. 

Cena is definitely on a similar level to Michaels or Sting. He's constantly producing wonderful matches against a huge variety of opponents. Better than them? I disagree with the video when it comes to Michaels (but can see his point about the hammy over acting), but Sting, while very good, was never the super worker Shawn was and I'd probably rank Cena above him. 

HBK vs Undertaker is likely 50/50, they both take equal responsibility. If the video was on them, those matches would count toward both of them. Plus, they've both had a huge array of great matches that were mainly their responsibility. The Sting that faced Flair wasn't as great a worker as he eventually grew into, those were more to do with Flair. 

Cena is definitely on a similar level to Michaels or Sting. He's constantly producing wonderful matches against a huge variety of opponents. Better than them? I disagree with the video when it comes to Michaels (but can see his point about the hammy over acting), but Sting, while very good, was never the super worker Shawn was and I'd probably rank Cena above him. 

how cena modeled his style from early sting only he is more bulky and less athletic   sting had the same weaknesses early on as cena about execution but it was still better than cena's  and he added a new move every other match and what pisses me off about cena is he has had one or 2 great matches that showed he could preform but choose not to.

compare this cena to sting 10 years in and really compare them its laughable.

sting reached his prime in 1994 and stayed there until 2000

tell me something that cena has that sting lacked.

Cena performs to an extremely high level in every big match. He never chooses not to perform his best. If you're asking him to have big over the top matches on RAW then you don't get wrestling. You save the big performances for the big shows. 

Let's look at his body of work. One or two great matches?

In no order: 
vs Umaga, Royal Rumble

vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania

vs Edge, Unforgiven

vs Christian and Chris Jericho, Vengeance

vs Brock Lesnar, Extreme Rules

vs CM Punk, Money in the Bank, and on Raw in the run up to this year's Mania

There are more, that's just off the top of my head.

Sting phoned in some of his performances during the end of his WCW run, this is well known. Sting has a large catalogue of great matches as well no doubt,  but Cena has just as many if not more. 

Cena doesn't have anything Sting lacks, but you can certainly argue he does some of the same things better. 

By the way, the video above doesn't mention Sting once. He says Steen. As in Kevin Steen. 

Cena performs to an extremely high level in every big match. He never chooses not to perform his best. If you're asking him to have big over the top matches on RAW then you don't get wrestling. You save the big performances for the big shows. 

Let's look at his body of work. One or two great matches?

In no order: 

vs Umaga, Royal Rumble

vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania

vs Edge, Unforgiven

vs Christian and Chris Jericho, Vengeance

vs Brock Lesnar, Extreme Rules

vs CM Punk, Money in the Bank, and on Raw in the run up to this year's Mania

There are more, that's just off the top of my head.

Sting phoned in some of his performances during the end of his WCW run, this is well known. Sting has a large catalogue of great matches as well no doubt,  but Cena has just as many if not more. 

Cena doesn't have anything Sting lacks, but you can certainly argue he does some of the same things better. 

By the way, the video above doesn't mention Sting once. He says Steen. As in Kevin Steen. 

cena had some great matches with HHH as well when I said I 1 or 2 great matches I meant on live tv not in his entire body of work but  lets list  some of sting's

sting vs flair clash of  champions sting was a rookie and had his mistakes but preformed great under a lot of pressure.

sting vs vader all great matches but my favorite is the strap match they had can't remember what ppv it was at. 

sting vs ric rude  had a ton of great matches

sting and Hogan was a high profile match not really great but good I prefer the 1995 nitro match that happened on my birth day

sting vs muta had great matches I fill like I am leaving someone out.

and sting had tons of better matches on free tv than cena the only advantage I see cena having is strength and that's not by much.

and I just wanted to respond in order my bad on the Steen thing then.

and his match with shawn that was great was on raw and that was  a great match.

I don't really hate cena like most people do  I just hate his gimmick which he has little control over when I first saw cena on smackdown in either 2003 or 2004 I said he was going to be a star he reminded me of sting who was my all time fave and he did become a star but I would like to see him preform better on live tv once in a while.

Live TV isn't the place for huge main event matches. One of the weaknesses of WCW was that it gave key marquee matches out for free. This is a documented problem that, though initially gave them a spike in ratings, was one of the factors in their long term decline. Workers are SUPPOSED to save the great matches for PPV. That's the point of PPV. People are supposed to pay for the best matches. Cena is supposed to have simple matches that fit into a larger story on TV. He's occasionally had a big match on RAW (CM Punk, Shawn Michaels), but these are - rightfully - few and far between. Cena is a great TV wrestler, because he gives you just enough to be entertaining without going over the top. 

Live TV isn't the place for huge main event matches. One of the weaknesses of WCW was that it gave key marquee matches out for free. This is a documented problem that, though initially gave them a spike in ratings, was one of the factors in their long term decline. Workers are SUPPOSED to save the great matches for PPV. That's the point of PPV. People are supposed to pay for the best matches. Cena is supposed to have simple matches that fit into a larger story on TV. He's occasionally had a big match on RAW (CM Punk, Shawn Michaels), but these are - rightfully - few and far between. Cena is a great TV wrestler, because he gives you just enough to be entertaining without going over the top. 

why can't they give us great matches on tv then try being creative and give us better matches raise the bar a  little at the ppv like ric flair and shawn micheals  they had great matches almost every night and still found away to push it to another level at the ppv.

Shawn Michaels had fun matches on RAW - as does Cena - not great ones (again, aside from the occasional like vs SHelton Benjamin at Gold Rush). At that stage in his career, Flair was over the hill and the claim he was having great matches on TV every week is ludicrous. Vs Triple H at Taboo Tuesday, and VS HBK at 'Mania are probably the only great matches of his final run. 

These men have their own bodies to think of. Great matches are often very exerting, and have a high risk to your body. They shouldn't be doing that on RAW. RAW is there to make you buy the PPV. PPV is where the WWE makes its money. 

Shawn Michaels had fun matches on RAW - as does Cena - not great ones (again, aside from the occasional like vs SHelton Benjamin at Gold Rush). At that stage in his career, Flair was over the hill and the claim he was having great matches on TV every week is ludicrous. Vs Triple H at Taboo Tuesday, and VS HBK at 'Mania are probably the only great matches of his final run. 

These men have their own bodies to think of. Great matches are often very exerting, and have a high risk to your body. They shouldn't be doing that on RAW. RAW is there to make you buy the PPV. PPV is where the WWE makes its money. 

you wrestle don't you ?

Guest bigballerju

Stone Cold, Triple H, Rock, Y2J, Undertaker, RVD, and more try to make sure they wrestle good matches whenever possible. Whether a PPV or tv show. They save the huge big great matches for PPV where they can go all out of course. But you need to do good matches on Raw and Smackdown as well to draw because it makes the storyline better. You need to have different fun and good things happen with the matches on the tv show to push the storyline. Wrestlers like the ones I mentioned are proof of that in with their storyline. Rock vs Mankind is one of the best feuds that happened in the Attitude Era. They had great and fun matches on all shows including PPV's. Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner in a Ironman Match on Raw was awesome. Trish Stratus vs Lita in the main event on Raw was another big important match because they were the first female wrestlers to main event Raw.

As a matter of fact Raw has been having great matches and that's getting a lot of people back into it again. People love the tv shows as much as the PPV. If you bore the audience with the tv shows then ratings go down and people won't be into the PPV's as much.

Now as for John Cena his problem is his character is getting stale and boring. 

any where I can see your matches.

We'll see if they put the match I'm having tomorrow online (excited!) but British promotions try to save stuff for just the DVDs. 

Stone Cold, Triple H, Rock, Y2J, Undertaker, RVD, and more try to make sure they wrestle good matches whenever possible. Whether a PPV or tv show. They save the huge big great matches for PPV where they can go all out of course. But you need to do good matches on Raw and Smackdown as well to draw because it makes the storyline better. You need to have different fun and good things happen with the matches on the tv show to push the storyline. Wrestlers like the ones I mentioned are proof of that in with their storyline. Rock vs Mankind is one of the best feuds that happened in the Attitude Era. They had great and fun matches on all shows including PPV's. Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner in a Ironman Match on Raw was awesome. Trish Stratus vs Lita in the main event on Raw was another big important match because they were the first female wrestlers to main event Raw.

As a matter of fact Raw has been having great matches and that's getting a lot of people back into it again. People love the tv shows as much as the PPV. If you bore the audience with the tv shows then ratings go down and people won't be into the PPV's as much.

Now as for John Cena his problem is his character is getting stale and boring. 

And Cena tries to wrestle good matches whenever possible as well, just like all those other guys. He's had the occasional RAW classic (HBK, CM Punk), much like they have. 

To an extent I agree on the character, but remember: He's not there for us. He's there for the kids, and he plays his role exceptionally well. And there's nothing wrong with it. Wrestling SHOULD be family entertainment. 

We'll see if they put the match I'm having tomorrow online (excited!) but British promotions try to save stuff for just the DVDs. 

And Cena tries to wrestle good matches whenever possible as well, just like all those other guys. He's had the occasional RAW classic (HBK, CM Punk), much like they have. 

To an extent I agree on the character, but remember: He's not there for us. He's there for the kids, and he plays his role exceptionally well. And there's nothing wrong with it. Wrestling SHOULD be family entertainment. 

well if they do let me know or post it what name do you wrestle under.

never mind about the name I found.

Guest bigballerju

LOL the guy in the mask made me laugh at the start a bit with show boating. That big guy had a nice move with the reverse senton off the ropes for a man his size.