Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Rumble 20557 Patrick Bateman vs. Cocaine Bear
MATCH SCORE
Patrick Bateman: 0
Cocaine Bear: 1

Why do DBZ themed threads never die?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Who said that "DBZ was one of the most important anime, if not THE most important anime EVER"?

That fool. Let's get him! I think he went that way!

*Lights torch along with the others, but quickly snuffs it out as the others roar by. Slowly and inconspicuously sinks back into the shadows.

calm down robin Williams.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darksaiyajin345
No, it doesn't.

Dragon Ball Timeline:

Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Online take place in different times. Specifically, Dragon Ball Online takes place after Dragon Ball GT. But if you can point out these 90% contradictions, go ahead. I've love to see them.

The existance of the majin race they shouldnt be there if GT actually happend because Majin Buu merged with Ubb. Thats proabably the biggest one. The game also seems to ignore the anime of DBZ as well as Karins hair is blue not white like in the manga.

Guest bigballerju

If the Manga and Anime are the same canon then point out Dragonball GT in Manga. Show me in the Manga how Dragonball Z and GT line up. Show me where in the Manga GT is referenced.

By the way Darksaiyajin345 you nailed it.

Also it says in the credits "Based off of original story by Akira Toriyama."

I am done with the discussion as you are entitled to your opinion Ruinus but there is prove enough that GT is not canon.

Guest bigballerju
The existance of the majin race they shouldnt be there if GT actually happend because Majin Buu merged with Ubb. Thats proabably the biggest one. The game also seems to ignore the anime of DBZ as well as Karins hair is blue not white like in the manga.

Good one. Thats a very excellent point.

Guest Ruinus

So that invalidates all of GT? Even the parts that aren't contradicted and take place on other planets? It can't simply be "Oh, this part was ret-conned?"

Guest Ruinus
If the Manga and Anime are the same canon then point out Dragonball GT in Manga. Show me in the Manga how Dragonball Z and GT line up. Show me where in the Manga GT is referenced.

By the way Darksaiyajin345 you nailed it.

Also it says in the credits "Based off of original story by Akira Toriyama."

I am done with the discussion as you are entitled to your opinion Ruinus but there is prove enough that GT is not canon.

Nothing in the manga contradicts or makes GT impossible though.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
So that invalidates all of GT? Even the parts that aren't contradicted and take place on other planets? It can't simply be "Oh, this part was ret-conned?"

Piccolos alive Goku's dead instead of alive I can name more.

Guest Ruinus

Goku's dead where?

EDIT: Wait, nvm, I read that DBO does ignore DB GT almost entirely. Seems it no longer happened.

On the other hand, I am convinced that before DBO came out DB GT was canon. And by happy chance GT is now non-canon.

Guest bigballerju
Goku's dead where?

EDIT: Wait, nvm, I read that DBO does ignore DB GT almost entirely. Seems it no longer happened.

On the other hand, I am convinced that before DBO came out DB GT was canon. And by happy chance GT is now non-canon.

Yes GT is non-canon. :lol:

Guest Darksaiyajin345

According to what I found (I dont know if its offical + it was a google transilation from Korean)

Goku and Vegeta felt there lives coming to an end so they went to another planet for one final fight and were never seen again later a supernova explosion was found assumed to have been Goku and Vegeta's fight.

(Im not saying this is how Goku/Vegeta died nor am I trying to start a debate but it was the only thing I could find and I found it intresting a cool way for saiyajins to go out.)

Th actual Google trans

Goku mysteriously disappears.

Vegeta away with it. Both knew that their deaths were close, so I left Earth to have one last fight. Years later a large explosion of supernovae type were detected. Believed to have been caused by a battle between Goku and Vegeta.

Guest xman4life

OVER 9000??????????????????????????/ lol what the hell does these things mean. like what level is a god or what level is normal. These are the things that make dbz confusing. I watched it when I was younger and lost interest really fast. I liked naruto too but then again lost interest. Now I'm on bleach and ghost in a shell

OVER 9000??????????????????????????/ lol what the hell does these things mean. like what level is a god or what level is normal. These are the things that make dbz confusing. I watched it when I was younger and lost interest really fast. I liked naruto too but then again lost interest. Now I'm on bleach and ghost in a shell

The average power level for an untrained adult human is 3-5. However numeric power levels are in accurate when trying to calculate the strength of a being who can contol the amont of energy detected as the Z fighters can. Plus, it was only over 8000.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

for two reasons, DBZ fans will argue about the power levels and Marvel/DC hate to have other companies come in and take the show

However, Landon is the FPL's resident anime expert, so I'll just suggest that you all go read his blog and watch the shows he suggests, and if in a year you still like DBZ then you'll at least understand it within context, and you'll totally get why the average DBZ fan is despised.

Hmm...you know his blog is empty? I'd be interested to see what he recommends since you have told me before he watches a ton.

Heh, I'm a little older that Everybody's Favorite Admin? Yo, Ivan, fetch me a glass of water. :lol:

As for the topic, I don't really see DBZ fans as a whole here as having bad reps, at least in the time that I've been here. For the most part they're a pretty respectable bunch. In fact, it could be argued that there's just as much fanboyism for comics as there is for DBZ at EF. Besides, we do a pretty good job at trying to keep fanboyism in check (better than many other sites, in fact).

The only user that has appeared to come close to rabid over DBZ is The Dark Prince. And I'm not so sure TDP was all that serious with his "Goku is Undefeateable", etc. topics; more likely those were just pathetic attempts at trolling.

As far as fanboyism and trolling are concerned, I've seen much worse than at EF.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Prepare to be enlightened DBZ fan.

meh, I don't care enough to start watching anime again, matter of fact the only animes I have ever watched were DBZ, FMA, and Inuyasha, but I was a youngin' at the time. I love and always will love DBZ, you old farts can't tell me otherwise :lol:

edit: I also watched Sailor Moon. Don't judge me! It was on Toonami at 4:30 and DBZ started at 5!!!!

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I Judge you harshly. But don't feel lonely, Soberguy (AKA: Old Man Logan) hates anime.

heh, I hate most anime too, a lot of it leaves me like WTF :lol:

Guest bigballerju

In order to watch alot of the animes I found it better to read the manga first to better understand them. Ghost in the Shell the first movie, Mobile Suit Gundam, Street Fighter, Appleseed, and more are had great anime.

I tend to dislike DBZ no more then I do the majority of anime and manga. Out of the number of things my friends have tried to get me to read and take interest in, there have been a scant few that I've ever enjoyed. Manga especially, but then I tend to hate the typical anime big eyed art style. The only manga that I have ever liked is Lone Wolf and Cub.

I have to say though that some of the stuff is really good. Miyazaki's work especially has always been a guilty pleasure and I still occasionally take the time to watch Totoro and Mononoke Hime. Unfortunately for every rare gem I find there are a thousand pieces of shit like Inuyasha, Naruto, DBZ and so on and so forth.

Then again the same thing can be said for comics these days. In fact I'm pretty sure I'd read the DBZ manga before I'd touch some of the shit I've seen recently. However, nobody has ever tried to convince me that Rob Liefeld's work is any good, while I've been given shit on numerous occasions for not liking anime by numerous fanboys across the web.

To simplify...

DBZ and the people that like it are, in my mind, no different from a piece of shit and a bunch of people trying to tell me said piece of shit = chocolate.