Cable: 8

Namaari vs. Azog
MATCH SCORE
Namaari: 2
Azog: 3

Why do DBZ themed threads never die?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest Darksaiyajin345
Thay make assumptions based on nothing but their own opinion. There is nothing to suggest ANY DBZ/GT character operates on universal scale yet claim many are. The biggest feat in all the 3 series is a galaxy bust but they say things like SS4 GOgeta can destroy a universe.

Who said anything universal? The only thing hinting that is a filler moment whoever you were talking to was mistaken.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Who said anything universal? The only thing hinting that is a filler moment whoever you were talking to was mistaken.

It is possible since Cell's kamehameha could bust the solar system, but that is for another topic.

Guest bigballerju

The DBZ fans that people hate have only watched the anime. The manga stops after the Buu Saga and thats it I think. So to me SS4 and all that crap in GT is non-canon to me personally. Goku's highest power-level is SS3 and the only fusion I know of was is whats in the manga. Gotenks and Vegeto are the only ones in my view. I heard on Dragonball Kai they removed footage of what wasn't in the manga in the original Dragonball Z series and made it closer to the manga. I found that funny when I heard it. Dragonball Z has once again been brought back and retold closer to the manga but GT has never been touched since. Cell's kamahameha cannot bust the solar system nor was it even hinted to be able to in the manga. Buu was the huge threat that could destroy Universes or galaxies which is why in them manga he was the last threat to the DBZ fighters.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
It is possible since Cell's kamehameha could bust the solar system, but that is for another topic.

Even powerscaling they are NOT close to universe unless DBZverse is only 1 galaxy. But yeah wrong topic.

Guest shellsbut

We have heard here that Goku after he absorbed the Dballs was a universal being

Guest Darksaiyajin345
We have heard here that Goku after he absorbed the Dballs was a universal being

Were you on the disscussion we had :lol: we said he was either the same as the end of DBGT or possibly a celestial level

Guest Mr. Outstanding

*Clears throat.

I'd just like to say (at the expense of being burned in flames like a heretic), that DBZ was one of the most important anime, if not THE most important anime EVER.

Give me a moment to let me explain myself, and then I'll willingly tie myself to the burning post. These lips will utter just two points, and then they will close.

1. DBZ was very influential to other popular anime that would come later. You know what those animes are, they're the ones involving power levels and training, and super powerful villains who must be trained up to before defeating and more powers that you didn't know characters had until they revealed them.
  2. DBZ was the anime that really caused anime to become popular in countries such as the US.

Now, hopefully I haven't said anything that's already been said. Either way--*Light's match, places it on kindling--I'm going to proceed to flame myself. In my head, of course, that way I won't bother anyone else with it.

Oh, before I go, I'm going to add "probably" to everything that I just said, so that I can't be accused of pretending to know more than I know.

Guest Mr. Outstanding

The real answer is, and I meant to say this before, DBZ fans have such a bad rep because they use drugs and commit crimes.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
The real answer is, and I meant to say this before, DBZ fans have such a bad rep because they use drugs and commit crimes.

HEY! I only do 1 out of 2 of those things :lol:

Theres a diffrence between bashing a fan and bashing the show/movie. People can bash the show/movie to hell for all I care it just doesnt make sense to hate someone for liking it.

If you actually read his posts, you would see that he dislikes DBZ for it's poorly written story, flat charcters, and overobsessive fringe fanbase. We may not be overly obsessive as DBZ fans but people remember polarizing forces better. When people think of Twilight fans we think of the crazies. It's called profoling, is it right, no. Is it there? Yes. Even as a DBZ fan I can see the logic in the plot and caracter critism, doesn't mean I agree, and the fringe fans disgust even me.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
If you actually read his posts, you would see that he dislikes DBZ for it's poorly written story, flat charcters, and overobsessive fringe fanbase. We may not be overly obsessive as DBZ fans but people remember polarizing forces better. When people think of Twilight fans we think of the crazies. It's called profoling, is it right, no. Is it there? Yes. Even as a DBZ fan I can see the logic in the plot and caracter critism and the fringe fans disgust even me.

No Im not arguing with the fact that he doesnt like DBZ he can not like it all he wants. Im not saying he should like the show and im not saying it or its fans are perfect. But he shouldnt dislike someone for liking the show and nothing more even if he had a bad experience with a fan.

No Im not arguing with the fact that he doesnt like DBZ he can not like it all he wants. Im not saying he should like the show but he shouldnt dislike someone for liking the show and nothing more.

They're jaded and cynical, the hate pretty much everything we do for silly reasons, let it go. It's one guy on the internet.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
They're jaded and cynical, the hate pretty much everything we do for silly reasons, let it go. It's one guy on the internet.

Got it. They? :lol:

Guest Ruinus

I want to know why GT and the movies are non-canon.

I also want to know why Cell's statement of "I can blow up the solar system" is taken seriously, seeing as there's no reason to do so.

I also want to know why Cell's statement of "I can blow up the solar system" is taken seriously, seeing as there's no reason to do so.

Most of the movies don't fit into the timeline or ceate plotholes with canon.

Guest Darksaiyajin345

GT is nocannon because Toriyama didnt make it

Cell's statment is in for me at least because the characters can sense the amount of energy he was puting out and knew he could do it.

Guest Ruinus
GT is nocannon because Toriyama didnt make it

Cell's statment is in for me at least because the characters can sense the amount of energy he was puting out and knew he could do it.

He did oversee it's production just as he oversaw the production of the cartoons. Dragon Ball GT also has less inconsistencies with the rest of the franchise than the cartoons do. Seriously, where are these rules put down that "Toriyama didn't write GT, but oversaw its production, so it's not canon" because it sounds like someone just made it up on the Internet somewhere and people decided "Ok, we'll run with that."

I don't buy it. Cell, like the rest of the cast, constantly make blatantly wrong statements (the hilarious debate on FTL comes to mind). There's no reason to assume he actually has any sense of scale of the solar system and the needs to destroy it. Sure, he can tell "I've got alot of energy inside me" but he can tell "I have sufficient energy to blow up the solar system"?

^ This is actually something I don't like in any fandom. Where people immediately think any character statement is true, even if it doesn't jive at all with what occurs in that setting.

He did oversee it's production just as he oversaw the production of the cartoons. Dragon Ball GT also has less inconsistencies with the rest of the franchise than the cartoons do. Seriously, where are these rules put down that "Toriyama didn't write GT, but oversaw its production, so it's not canon" because it sounds like someone just made it up on the Internet somewhere and people decided "Ok, we'll run with that."

I don't buy it. Cell, like the rest of the cast, constantly make blatantly wrong statements (the hilarious debate on FTL comes to mind). There's no reason to assume he actually has any sense of scale of the solar system and the needs to destroy it.

^ This is actually something I don't like in any fandom. Where people immediately think any character statement is true, even if it doesn't jive at all with what occurs in that setting.

The FTL was a dub error, it was not said in the original. As for Cell I'm not touching that. GT is anime only and actually carries over inconsistences from the animes, namely the dead in hell havimg bodies for a big one.

*Clears throat.

I'd just like to say (at the expense of being burned in flames like a heretic), that DBZ was one of the most important anime, if not THE most important anime EVER.

Astro Boy. Dragonball's important, but it's not the most important.

DBZ was the anime that really caused anime to become popular in countries such as the US.

Akira came before that. And there were those spliced anime like Voltron as well, I think. Plus, I'd argue that the Pokemon anime was more popular in it's prime.

Guest Ruinus
The FTL was a dub error, it was not said in the original. As for Cell I'm not touching that. GT is anime only and actually carries over inconsistences from the animes, namely the dead in hell havimg bodies for a big one.

It was also overseen by Akira Toriyama during its production, and has less inconsistencies than Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z.

IF the argument is that GT is non-canon because it's inconsistent, then neither are the cartoons or the manga itself (they all have errors). IF the argument is GT is non-canon because it has more errors than the other shows, then GT actually has less errors than the other shows.

Again, I'd like someone to point out where the canon rules are written for the Dragon Ball franchise, or failing that, any sort of developer statement that it isn't. Considering GT characters consistently show up in the newer games, Akira Toriyama oversaw the production of GT and such, I highly doubt it's actually non-canon. I think someone just made up the rules.

Guest Mr. Outstanding
Astro Boy. Dragonball's important, but it's not the most important.

Akira came before that. And there were those spliced anime like Voltron as well, I think. Plus, I'd argue that the Pokemon anime was more popular in it's prime.

I agree to everything you just said. Incidentally, Akira is one of my favorites. Don't care too much for the Astro Boy though.

It was also overseen by Akira Toriyama during its production, and has less inconsistencies than Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z.

IF the argument is that GT is non-canon because it's inconsistent, then neither are the cartoons or the manga itself (they all have errors). IF the argument is GT is non-canon because it has more errors than the other shows, then GT actually has less errors than the other shows.

Again, I'd like someone to point out where the canon rules are written for the Dragon Ball franchise, or failing that, any sort of developer statement that it isn't. Considering GT characters consistently show up in the newer games, Akira Toriyama oversaw the production of GT and such, I highly doubt it's actually non-canon. I think someone just made up the rules.

Well there is DBO, which you could argue superseeds GT.

Guest bigballerju

Dragonball GT is not canon with the main DBZ which is the manga. They have never gone back to GT since then and Kai is only redoing Dragonball Z. Like I said before Dragonball Z Kai was redone and they took out all the non-canon stuff that was in the anime before wasn't in the manga. Dragonball GT is a sequel to the anime but in the main DBZ which is the manga GT never happened. Plus GT had such horrible writing and more that it wasn't even funny. I think Goku as a kid again came off more powerful then SS4 at the end of the entire GT. What about Goku Jr. or Vegeta Jr? God please lets discuss something else rather then GT.

The manga for Dragonball and Dragonball Z has no errors as those are the original sources so how could they have errors where they are the main canon?