Azog: 3

Rumble 20553 Henry Evans vs. Koba
MATCH SCORE
Henry Evans: 0
Koba: 5

Why do DBZ themed threads never die?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest Soberguy

Can we just skip to the part where we all acknowledge that Ivan is 100% right and move on to a thread about which Green Lantern was the best or something?

PS: The answer is Guy Gardner.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Let me ask you this Ivan, are the DBZ fans on here now much better then the ones from past?

The story isn't that great I thought it was amazing as a kid, and I watched it again recently without the same result. All I can say about DBZ is that I'm glad that I had the chance to watch it as a kid because it introduced me to Anime.

I did too, as I own all the seasons now, and my liking of the show then didn't seem to degrade. Guess it just depends on the viewer.

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Why is everyone arguing over the abilities that DBZ characters have thats not really a reason to hate the fanbase.

And there is plenty of well written material in DB and DBZ Toriyama did death scenes very well (Couldnt keep them dead but thats the producers fault more than his.) and did vey well in developing Vegeta and Piccolo more than any other characters. Piccolos transition from evil to good through Gohan's kindness even though it still seemed he was fighting the saiyajin for his own personal reasons. But when push came to shove he knew what to do.

Vegeta's transition was done better in my opinion. His true rivalry with Goku didnt start during the saiyajin arc but at the end of the Freeza arc when his dream of killing Freeza the man who had worked him like a slave and had no respect for him was taken by a low class wretch. Not only that but he had crushed his pride to bits upon his ascension to the super saiyajin. Then it turns out Freezas alive and there is another super saiyajin that kills him doing futher damage to his already weakened pride. After he finally turns into a ssj and gains his birthright he is deafeted almost immediatly by jinzoningen 18 and then was surpassed by even piccolo. He was being driven mad and why shouldn't he be saiyajin culture is almost 100% based on strength he didnt know anything else but to be strong. After training in the room of spirit and time he was finally the strongest he was better than Goku,Piccolo the jinzoningen and everyone else and in his arrogance let Cell reach his Kanzentai Cell form and was quickly done away with. After that he was once again surpassed by Goku and not only that but by a child. He watched his son die before his eyes and finally understood what it was like to lose some one (Note up until this point he could give less of 2 shtz if anyone died.) After the battle with Cell he even went so far as to give up fighting. He finally settled down and was no longer the evil space pirate he was at the start of the series. But after seeing Goku display his powers against Yakon he understood that without the Bloodlust of his past self he would no longer have the ambition to defeat Goku so he let himself fall under controll after a brutal battle he knocked Goku out and set forth to fight buu with the knowledge that he was probably going to die in this battle. After being traped he was saved by his son. Vegeta actually hugged his son and told him to take care of his mother. This is the same character who ruthlessly commited mass genocide a few sagas back. He then sacrificed himself for the good of the earth his new home.

Now why did I bother to write all this because this is how I see the series as Vegeta's turmoil on having to time and time again be out done in not only strength but in character but later becoming one of the 'Weaklings he mocked.' and even dieing for his new home.

Guest Shockwave

To be frank I got into it when it was about the Android Saga, mostly because I was waiting for Tenchi Muyo to come on back in Intermediate school (for those that do the K-6 that would be 5-6). Then I went back and watched it again and liked it, and I'll admit I thought Goku could beat Superman, but I didn't know the feats of Superman earlier than the Animated series or the Justice League cartoon so that was my basis for the argument. Hell, I dressed up as Trunks for Halloween one year (the last year I went out) and to this day I wonder why the hell I even watched it.

It's true that the show is basically a fireworks show, all flash no sustenance. But I did like the lighthearted nature that Dragonball had, none of this love triangle crap that has to be in every Shonen series now-and-days that has infected American comics again (See rational for making of One More Day).

When you're younger, this is the best show to watch to keep you entertained, it's like a Michael Bay movie. Dragonball is the real good one if you are looking for some storyline that makes sense (given the suspension of disbelief).

Guest Shockwave
Why is everyone arguing over the abilities that DBZ characters have thats not really a reason to hate the fanbase.

And there is plenty of well written material in DB and DBZ Toriyama did death scenes very well (Couldnt keep them dead but thats the producers fault more than his.) and did vey well in developing Vegeta and Piccolo more than any other characters. Piccolos transition from evil to good through Gohan's kindness even though it still seemed he was fighting the saiyajin for his own personal reasons. But when push came to shove he knew what to do.

Vegeta's transition was done better in my opinion. His true rivalry with Goku didnt start during the saiyajin arc but at the end of the Freeza arc when his dream of killing Freeza the man who had worked him like a slave and had no respect for him. Not only that but he had crushed his pride to bits upon his ascension to the super saiyajin. Then it turns out Freezas alive and there is another super saiyajin that kills him doing futher damage to his already weakened pride. After he finally turns into a ssj and gains his birthright he is deafeted almost immediatly by jinzoningen 18 and then was surpassed by even piccolo. He was being driven mad and why shouldn't he be saiyajin culture is almost 100% based on strength he didnt know anything else but to be strong. After training in the room of spirit and time he was finally the strongest he was better than Goku,Piccolo the jinzoningen and everyone else and in his arrogance let Cell reach his Kanzentai Cell form and was quickly down away with. After that he was once again surpassed by Goku and not only that but by a child. He watched his son die before his eyes and finally understood what it was like to lose some one (Note up until this point he could give less of 2 shtz if anyone died.) After the battle with Cell he even went so far as to give up fighting. He finally settled down and was no longer the evil space pirate he was at the start of the series. But after seeing Goku display his powers against Yakon he understood that without the Bloodlust of his past self he would no longer have the ambition to defeat Goku so he let himself fall under controll after a brutal battle he knocked Goku out and set forth to fight buu with the knowledge that he was probably going to die in this battle. After being traped he was saved by his son. Vegeta actually hugged his son and told him to take care of his mother. This is the same character who ruthlessly commited mass genocide a few sagas back. He then sacrificed himself for the good of the earth his new home.

Now why did I bother to write all this because this is how I see the series as Vegeta's turmoil on having to time and time again be out down in not only strength but in character but later becoming one of the 'Weaklings he mocked.' and even dieing for his new home.

Why? Simple. Fans start making up facts that don't exist in the series. These then get turned into rational because when they are pointed out the fans then latch onto them more because they made them up and think the author did.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
Why? Simple. Fans start making up facts that don't exist in the series. These then get turned into rational because when they are pointed out the fans then latch onto them more because they made them up and think the author did.

I can understand that for not liking individual fans but some people dont like the any fans because they dont like the story which doesnt make sense to me you can hate the story all you want you can say its bad all you want but you shouldnt say "Because I think the story is bad your dumb for liking it"

Guest Soberguy
I can understand that for not liking individual fans but some people dont like the any fans because they dont like the story which doesnt make sense to me you can hate the story all you want you can say its bad all you want but you shouldnt say "Because I think the story is bad your dumb for liking it"

I don't see why I shouldn't say that. I say that all the time.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
I don't see why I shouldn't say that. I say that all the time.

You can say that you can say it as much as you want. But I dont see how thats any better than Gokuz can beatz anyonez.

Guest Mr. Outstanding
The president of the world is a talking dog.

That was one of the reasons I found DBZ so compelling.

Personally at least, I am always wary of DBZ debates because I am always dreading someone claiming DBZ fighters are light speed or faster, that every blast is a planet busting hit, or that some of them are galaxy busting. Also, the whole power level thing is tedious, as it seems to be entirely divorced from their actual showings.

Also, I found out (at least, I think I did) that alot of the canon rules for DBZ and such are dictated by some DBZ forum (can't remember it's name).

Also, something that has colored my opinion of the DBZ fandom in general is the whole "Akira Toriyama fake interview" thing. It's commonly refered to as proof straight from Akira Toriyama that DBZ fighters are light speed or faster on several parts of the Internet and... it's a fake interview.

For one, I would like to point out that yes... That was a fake interview created by the Daizenshuu website.

I for one am a tremendous fan of DBZ, and yes I admit I sometimes like to yell "RAWR GOKU BEATS ALL!" But only as a joke and say so after, much like the time I said Brolly could beat TLT (Which he can't). But the DBZ fans in general are numb skulls who think Goku really can beat everyone because he is super saiyan and has a power level of OVER 9000!!!

But some that I know of.. Me, Hayes, and Nesh all have argued with the best of them and when we do actually get our point across we get "You're just Ztards!" but hey, fanboys will be fanboys, and people will hate DBZ because it ended a long time ago, yet they will read comics that always overlap the past and say "Oh that never happened." Because that is so much better.

Soberguy can hate all DBZ fans as he likes, as a DBZ fan I don't care. He's a jaded cynical member of the old guard, those guys mock and belittle CBUB in general and not without cause so I'm not going to let it get to me. His bashing on DBZ fans is no worse than CBUB's general bashing of Twilight and he has much the same reasons we do so, pot and kettle.

His bashing on DBZ fans is no worse than CBUB's general bashing of Twilight and he has much the same reasons we do so, pot and kettle.

YES.

The Technomancer of Nesh is a light in the wilderness. You can quote me on that.

Bad cause it brought shows like Naruto, Death Note, Code Geass etc.

I am enjoying Death Note. :lol: Granted, I've not seen the anime - I enjoy comics as an art form, so I tend to just read the manga and not bother with the cartoon when it comes to the Japanese stuff.

if you look at the old Justice League show, (The WB one) you see the drawings all bland, with everyone having huge chests, square jaws, and little detail.

Don't you be hatin' on Bruce Timm now.

PS: The answer is Guy Gardner.

Bah!

Kyle all the way, man. But I think we can all agree the answer is not Hal.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
His bashing on DBZ fans is no worse than CBUB's general bashing of Twilight and he has much the same reasons we do so, pot and kettle.

Theres a diffrence between bashing a fan and bashing the show/movie. People can bash the show/movie to hell for all I care it just doesnt make sense to hate someone for liking it.

Guest Soberguy
Theres a diffrence between bashing a fan and bashing the show/movie. People can bash the show/movie to hell for all I care it just doesnt make sense to hate someone for liking it.

I don't hate people just because they like DBZ. That would be stupid.

I also hate them because they like anime in general.

Guest shellsbut

Thay make assumptions based on nothing but their own opinion. There is nothing to suggest ANY DBZ/GT character operates on universal scale yet claim many are. The biggest feat in all the 3 series is a galaxy bust but they say things like SS4 GOgeta can destroy a universe.

Guest force_echo

Kyle Rayner is by far the best. Guy gardner has as much character substance as Wolverine. Not getting all the Hal hate, he's better than Gardner.

Guest shellsbut
Kyle Rayner is by far the best. Guy gardner has as much character substance as Wolverine. Not getting all the Hal hate, he's better than Gardner.

umm ?

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Thay make assumptions based on nothing but their own opinion.

Right 'cause no fans of any other series does that?