Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

The Idiots Guide to surviving UWT

Hugo Fowl

Chapter 1: Essential Skills.

Written by Galen Marek.

If you are reading this chapter, then congratulation. You've made the first smart choice in what will hopefully be a long series of smart choices in surviving in a Cult-infested multi-verse. And believe me, with beings like Shoggoths, homicidal priests, Psycho Rangers, Balrogs and Putties out there, you'll want to be on top of your game. In which case, you may want to ask yourself "what skills do I have in order to help myself?" If you know how to cook well and can make rations taste like gourmet dinners then great! This will inspire much of your party to protect you for this particular reason. But for such times when they cannot, a propensity to run also makes a wonderful skill.

We can't all be massively dangerous Sith Lords after all. I know, I know.....They say that heroes die once while cowards die a thousand times over. What they fail to realize however is that for the hero, that death is the important one that matters. In the words of my associate on this matter, he says "we must fight.....To run away."

So if your naturally quick and speedy, then that's half the battle won. Unless the enemy has some kind of ranged weapon, in which case you have a 50/50 chance of succeeding. Better then nothing.

In the midst of his writing, Galen paused and tapped his claws on the desk as he wondered what more to add before he shook his head and placed it down.

Meh, he'll write more later.

EDIT: Feel free to write up as well guys, from the perspective of your characters. Just use this for the chapter writing itself.

Lucy Meandered her way into the library, noticing a journal on one of the desks. She read the first page, thought for a second, then picked up a nearby pen

Another thing to consider, especially for all of you out there like me (Lucy (Hi!)) who's limbs aren't made of metal, is where you stick said limbs. The large majority of us are human. there are certain places those extremities should not go. Like, in the mouth of a monster for example. or anywhere near large supplies of uninsulated electricity

She thought again for a moment, shrugged, and walked away

Wandering into his own library for a particular book, the Doctor would note the journal and peruse it before he grinned madly and scribbled some words before he left with a content smile, leaving the following behind in his neat handwriting.

Another good thing to consider is neatness. Small as it seems, common politeness in the house or TARDIS of another can take you a long way. Which would include NOT doing things you would NOT do in your own homes. Such as blowing up your rooms, creating potholes in the corridors, vandalizing the vending machines and more which I will decline to write at this present time. Also, such can be a great boon as well with your enemies, depending on who they are. Politeness....So rare, its a superpower.

Vin would walk in, read these things and smile.

Vin Venture Marek here, my first tip: Be paranoid. Nothing is ever what it seems in UWT, think about every possible angle before making a move, many a Universal Warrior have died from traps, thrust me I've been in all 3. Think before you act.

Also I urge you never underestimate the power of negotiation in my tenure I have talked a Yautja out of killing me, organized a prson break and coneted a Sith Lord to the side of good, talking can help you. With special mention to my friend Adam Park.

Xena would notice Vin leaving the library. She could use her arm again, but it was still weak and needed some more rest. She would go to the library and find a book with many writings at it. She would then write the following.

This is Xena, Warrior Princess here with some advice. Then taking on anything, it is important that everyone one on your group to be on the same page on a plan. If you don't coordinate your attacks the right way, villains would be able to counter your attacks easily.

I learned the hard way that lack of communication can lead to disastrous results. Perhaps it would cost all of you your lives. I guess the one named Aang did a better job at that. I hope Richard does the same.

After which she would leave leave the place and work out that right arm some more.

Dark would think for a moment.

Learn to shoot something. This is essential, as many do not have the physique to fight up close, as I do. I am a Yautja, made for close and long dstance fighting. Sprinting is good too. Go for as long as you can, and don't stop until you're sure. Also... Fire handling. Make sure you can handle the heat.

Spider-Man 2099 would wander into the library wondering how the hell he ended up there when he had been in Persia a few moments ago. He would see a small handbook in the center of a table with a pen lying beside it. He would quickly glance at the book's title before picking up the pen and scribbling a brief message:

Uh, yeah, what they said. Except I'm the Spider-Man of the year 2099, not Xena: Warrior Princess. Also, don't pick the team with the obnoxious ninja kid. And don't eat living black goo that emerges from walls to attack you, because you might just die and be resurrected as a slave of The Cult.

He would shrug before wandering out of the room.

Walking back in for one reason or another, Galen would pick up his book and blink in surprise at all the entries written and he would look around for a moment before he sat back down and began to scribble down more.

Thus in conclusion, we can safely say that while it may be good to have a wide variety of skills, it is even better to have common sense. Be smart, think out your actions first and foremost and do not jump feetfirst into every situation, as inevitably there will be sharks. Though thanks to the Darwin effect, we have already seen the effects of those whom forget this little rule.

He tapped the pen against his helmet for a moment before writing up the following.

Chapter 2: Teamwork.

........Blast, stuck again. He heaved a sigh and got up to leave the library. Who knows, maybe someone would write up more while he was gone again.

Spider-Man would decide to return to the library and, seeing the new chapter, would scribble out another untidy message:

Trust me, I know from experience, don't be afraid to call out for help if you're about to, um, die. Being too stubborn to ask your teammates for help has almost gotten me killed... a lot. And try not to harass your teammates too much, one time I cracked witty and hilarious jokes about my co-worker so often that he tried to kill me by tampering with my genetic code and mutating me into a hideous freak. Luckily it didn't work and I'm still the living, handsome devil everyone knows and loves, but... my point still stands.

Lucy entered again, and saw the notebook still there, nodding at a few entries and giggling at others, raising an eyebrow at some. She picked up a pen again

Remember, everyone in your team might have something valuable to contribute at some point, so please please PLEASE avoid mindless sacrifice of who at this point is likely your friend. You don't want to lose the weak guy who is a security expert fifteen minutes before you come to a massive, super-hard door with the world's most complicated lock on it

Aleksandr happened upon the guide and read through a few pages. There were a few entries he agreed wholeheartedly with. Some, eh.

He would, off to the side of the margin of Chapter 1's first page, write a subtle sentence or two:

Don't be an asshat in how you go about things. Use your brains and skills.

Now, for Chapter 2...

Take full advantage of everything that members of your team bring to the table. Utilize them to their fullest, and plan accordingly. Common sense is an obvious must, and this in hand with said planning can be quite effective in just about the majority of situations that anyone can come across.

Katie would walk in quite steamed at her situation in Luthadel.

Talk to your teammates before make any move. You never know when it will save you grief.

Guest KevinDWolf93

RJ would stroll into the library before coming upon the book. Intrested he would put in his two-bits.

Mmkay. Quick tip from me...always be prepared. Ya never know what your gonna need. Equipment, weapons, extra clothes... This is gonna be a bumpy ride, I can tell already, so be sure to stock up and make sure you have a tool for all needs...oh and bring some pizza. Especially if I'm with you. Im gonna go make some pizza right now. Pepperoni sounds good. I think people like pepperoni....

RJ trails off for a few more sentences, before putting down the pen and heading for the kitchen.

Guest sirmethos

Methos walked into the library, browsing through the books when he noticed the open book on the table, curiously he walked over and started reading, chuckling quietly to himself at the content, before deciding to give his own input.

When working on a team of any kind, there are a few things that are important. Mainly trust, for teamwork to be successful, you need to trust your teammates, and your teammates need to be able to trust you. If trust does not exist, you are better off trying to move to another team.

A few pieces of advice, in order to create and maintain trust in the team. 1. Help your teammates. If your teammates are in danger, do what you can to help them get out of the danger. Remember, you are their protector, just as they are yours. 2. Listen to your teammates. When your teammates talk or give advice, listen to what they say and take it into consideration. That is not to say that you absolutely must do what they are, or that you have to follow their advice, but at least listen, and take it into consideration.

Another thing that is vital for teamwork, is leadership. A team does not necessarily need to have 1 specific leader at all times, but for optimal teamwork, there must at any given time, be a clear leadership, someone that can and will take charge of the situation when needs be. A good way to make this happen, is to appoint leaders from the start. One person on the team may be appointed as leader in diplomatic situations, while another member of the team is appointed as leader in combat situations, etc. No matter how the leadership is set up, there has to be a clear leadership to optimize teamwork.

One final thing to keep in mind about teamwork, is keeping a united front. As a team, you may argue and bicker among yourselves, but keep such arguments private and secluded, so that anyone not a member of the team, only sees your team as a smoothly working machine. Any kind of arguments can be a weakness that an enemy can and will exploit.

He sat for a moment, thoughtfully reading his own words, keeping in mind his time with the Horsemen, before absently shaking his head, then got up and slowly left the library.

Edward Elric browsed through books until he came accross the guide. Reading everyone's input, he'd smile and write his own words.

First off, you better know how to defend yourself. If you can't fight a giant alien monster from another dimension with no physical weaknesses and virtual omnipotence, then you don't belong here.

As for teamwork... remember this. The only person you can truly rely on, more than any other person, is yourself. Sure a teammate is good back up, but don't expect them to risk their lives... Cus they might not. I'll probably think of something later. Oh, and if you know ANYTHING about the Philosopher's Stone, contact Edward Elric immediately.

Spider-Man would return to the library and read Edward's comment. He would shake his head in disagreement before writing:

If you want to survive in this tournament, don't take advice on teamwork from that blonde short guy, considering he just took away the only option for a peaceful resoloution to the attack on the TARDIS.

Spider-Man would return to the library and read Edward's comment. He would shake his head in disagreement before writing:

If you want to survive in this tournament, don't take advice on teamwork from that blonde short guy, considering he just took away the only option for a peaceful resoloution to the attack on the TARDIS.

Edward walked back in on a whim, deciding to add more, and read the last statement. A familiar vein throbbed in his temple. He wrote furiously, in big letters.

WHO'RE YOU CALLING SO SMALL THAT I CAN'T GO TO THE BEACH BECAUSE I'LL SINK INTO THE SAND BUT I DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID WHEN THE TIDE COMES BECAUSE I'M SO SMALL I CAN BREATH OXYGEN OUT OF PURE WATER?!?!? I'M STILL GROWING YOU BACKWATER IDIOT!!!

Spider-Man would pick up the book and read through the last comment. He would then grab the pen and scribble a few words:

???

Whoa, man, quit spammin' the Guide!

Edward had stayed behind to see the person who insulted him. As soon as he saw him writing in the book, he snuck up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder. The automail hand. And squeezed hard.

"Alright tough guy. Let's take this to another thread. As soon as I'm done with the Shoggoth, I'm kicking your ass back to 2099!!!"

Galen would extend his hand to grab his precious book in a telekenetic grip, looking at them wordlessly before simply writing up the next chapter heading.

Chapter 3: Relationships and comradeship. The essential step in teamwork.

Ed grumbled incoherently and struggled with the webbing on his face. Once freed, he would write a final entry in the Guide, before leaving.

Never mess with the Full Metal Alchemist. Because he will swear an undying vengance!

With that, he left for good.

Spider-Man would return to the library once more, muttering to himself about not being able to return to Persia before taking the Guide from Galen and scrawling a brief tip:

Make sure you never go anywhere alone. If your group splits up try to at least stick with one of your teammates, if possible. Because if you wander off on your own, you might just end up being torn to shreds and eaten by a Spinosaurus.

Lucy would walk back in, adding a little note the the journal quickly becoming one of her favorite diversions each day. She raised her eyes at the battle of words between that one short guy and the spider dude, then began her entry

Remember, you're teammates are actually people, not just "Guy who runs really fast" or "Mage chick who summons dudes". Get to know them! who knows, you might actually find something in common