Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Match 20562 Jean Grey vs. Polaris

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 6

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.thumb.jpeg.19a1f711d7f1a5c1bdc0682bddab37ca.jpeg

Colossus and Strong Guy exchanged blows in the abandoned factory setting setup by the Danger Room. Strong Guy absorbed the kinetic energy from Colossus’s punches and smiled at his opponent as he punched him back and knocked him to the ground. He was then somewhat surprised to see Colossus was also still smiling.

STRONG GUY: you keep hitting me although you know my mutant power. I don’t get it man.

COLOSSUS: Just wanted to have some fun, comrade.

STRONG GUY: If you don’t take this seriously, I’m going to beat you.

Strong Guy loomed over Colossus.

COLOSSUS: Da, I do take it seriously. If I wanted to I would use the strategy we have used against similar mutants like Sebastian Shaw from the Hellfire Club. But….

Colossus momentarily knocked back Guido with a rising double ax handle strike.

COLOSSUS: I also know how strong I am. What I was able to do in fights against the likes of Juggernaut, Hulk, and Gladiator and…

Colossus landed a body blow to Strong Guy’s side.

COLOSSUS: I know there are limits to the amount of energy you can absorb and how quickly you need to discharge it.

Instead of going for home run swings, Colossus peppered Strong Guy’s body with a combination of skilled strikes that started to overload the energy inside Guido. Soon, the more experienced X-Man could feel Strong Guy weakening and put him down hard with a powerful uppercut. When Strong Guy remained on the ground the Danger Room transformed back to its normal state.

COMPUTER VOICE: The winner is Colossus. That is one point for the International X-Men team.

In the viewing area for the Danger Room, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, and Sunfire cheered. Havok, Polaris, Quicksilver, and Multiple Man clapped respectfully. The leader of X-Factor then walked over to Storm. He shook her hand.

HAVOK: A good first fight. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the way.

STORM: Good fortune to you as well, Alex.

Both teams exited and waited to be called back for another round.

The Danger Room was transformed later to a rocky seaside cliff for the first-round battle between Gambit and Archangel. Gambit displayed his amazing agility as he rolled and weaved to avoid the razor-sharp projections Archangel flung at him from the sky above.

GAMBIT: You’re wasting your time up dere. You ain’t ever going to hit me and you are going to run out of shrapnel soon enough.

ARCHANGEL: Not before you run out of energy and slip up, Remy.

GAMBIT: I always have enough energy to keep all my cards on the table.

A razor projectile cut through Gambit’s coat and snagged it to the ground.

ARCHANGEL: It almost feels unfair fighting you from this vantage point. Best to end it quickly.

Archangel dove toward Gambit fist first.

GAMBIT: No worries mon ami…

Gambit quickly bent down and flung a collection of rocks in the air charged with kinetic energy. The rocks exploded in Warren’s face, obscuring his vision. Gambit twirled out of his coat and propelled himself off a nearby boulder.  He smashed his staff across the back of Archangel’s head. Warren crashed into the ground with a sickening thud.

GAMBIT: Gambit has plenty of experience swatting birds out of the sky.

Archangel quickly returned to his feet and was greeted by a barrage of kinetic cards being flicked with grace and speed by Gambit. He shielded himself with his metallic wings from the constant explosions. Gambit swiped at Archangel's feet with his staff and tripped up the original X-Man. Archangel swung his wing around like a sword to try and create some distance, but Remy jumped over the move and brought down his staff hard across the face of Warren, putting down the wealthy mutant. Gambit kinetically charged his staff and placed it under Warren’s chin.

GAMBIT: Looks like this round goes to Gambit.

The simulation around them ended.

COMPUTER VOICE: The winner is Gambit. That is one point for X-Men Blue.

From the viewing room, Wolverine, Psylocke, Rogue, and Jubilee cheered on their teammate. Inside the Danger Room, Gambit helped Warren back up.

GAMBIT: You’re buying me a new coat, mon ami.

Once they had left the Danger Room, Cyclops did his best to keep the motivation high for his teammate.

CYCLOPS: Good effort, Warren. Just need to shake it off. There is plenty of tournament left for us to move up the standings.

Cyclops, Archangel, and the other members of the original five, Beast, Iceman, and Jean Grey left the Danger Room and waited for the rest of the first round to complete.

A little while later they were summoned back to the Danger Room by Magneto himself. Upon arrival they got a good luck at their next opposing team, X-Factor led by the brother of Cyclops, Havok. The two teams greeted each other warmly. After exchanging pleasantries, Cyclops got down to business.

CYCLOPS: Let me guess, it’s going to be me and Alex going at it again.

MAGNETO: Not this time, Scott. The representative for your team for this round against X-Factor will be Jean Grey.

Jean Grey stepped up confidently.

MAGNETO: And her opponent will be the Mistress of Magnetism, Lorna. 

POLARIS: I’m ready to go.

MAGNETO: A match pitting my daughter who inherited my abilities against Charles’s first and lets be honest, favorite student, who also happens to have many of his abilities. How could we not do this pairing?

JEAN GREY: I get it.

MAGNETO: Although I must add one more thing. I have granted Lorna a very special helmet to protect against any telepathy. That is not the kind of battle either Charles or I want.

JEAN GREY: So, you just want us to use our powers to create force fields and then throw things at one another?

MAGNETO: If you want to describe it in the most crude and reductive way possible, then yes. Jean, you know as well as anyone that you can’t always rely on your telepathy to get you out of a jam. Sometimes you only have your wits and your telekinesis to fall back on when there is chaos around you. Same holds true for Lorna and her abilities.

POLARIS: This could get dangerous.

MAGNETO: I don’t want either of you to hold back. Both of your teams lost in the first round and could really use a win. If safety is your concern, let me put your minds at ease. We have a lifeguard on duty.

On cue, Heather Cameron, the gold skinned mutant Lifeguard, stepped into the room.

LIFEGUARD: I’m here if needed.

JEAN GREY: Alright then let’s do this.

Both women stepped into the Danger Room which quickly transformed into a steel mill.

JEAN GREY: This could definitely get dangerous.

On 5/4/2024 at 8:16 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

I misread this as Jean Grey vs. Poland..... 

LOL. Poland's only hope would be if their karate master Prime Minister caught Jean off guard.

image.jpeg.8f83f74b7f660dae70c22ddb0b1c888f.jpeg

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Jean Grey: 3
Polaris: 0