Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 20245 Peter Pan (Peter Pan and the Pirates) vs. Peter Pan

Wendy Darling peered through the clouds beneath her as she flew through the sky.  She pulled her crown of flowers tighter onto her head as she looked for any sign of land.  Michael and John flew close behind her as the rest of the Lost Boys hung back and chatted among themselves. 

“Do you think were almost there, Wendy?” asked Michael. 

“I don’t know, Michael.  Peter was sure that this was the way back home.  Oh, I wish he hadn’t flown ahead with Tinkerbell!” 

John glanced back at the Lost Boys.  “Well, we can’t stay up here forever.  If we don’t find a place to land soon we might MMPF!” 

A ball of cloud smoke hit John square in the face.  Wendy sighed as he heard a familiar laugh.  “Peter!  You come out of hiding right now!” 

The brown clad Peter Pan burst up out of a cloud bank, followed by an annoyed Tinker Bell.  “Haha!  Gotcha good, John!  Surprised you, didn’t I?” 

“Pans and kettles, Peter!  We were supposed to be getting these humans home!  Not messing around!” 

“Aw lighten up, Tink!  Who says we can’t do both?” 

The rest of the Lost Boys flew up to the Darlings.  “Did you find London yet, Peter?” asked Curly excitedly. 

“Yeah, Peter!” said Slightly.  “Are we close?” 

“John said there’s all sorts of…”

“Amazing things to see there!” said the Twins. 

“I wanted to see Big Bill!” said Tootles. 

“No, Tootles,” said Nibs.  “It’s Big Bob!” 

Wendy rolled her eyes and grinned.  “It’s Big Ben.” 

“And you shall see them all, Boys!” Peter said grandly.  “And I don’t have to find London!  I already found it when I brought Wendy, John, and Michael to Neverland!” 

“Then how come you can’t find it now?” Tinkerbell asked smugly. 

“Patience, Tink!  I know the way!  It’s… uh… Why it’s right past that bunch of clouds!  Come on, Boys!  Follow me!” 

Peter Pan took off into the cloud bank, and all the Lost Boys dutifully followed him.  Wendy took hold of John and Michael’s hands before going in leaving Tinkerbell to grumble to herself. 

“That bunch of clouds looks no different than any other bunch of clouds!  Oh, that silly ***!”  With a huff the fairy darted after the children. 

They broke through the clouds and blinked as their eyes adjusted to the sunlight.  “There!” said Peter, gesturing below.  “There’s jolly old London!” 

“Umm, Peter?” said Wendy.  “That doesn’t look like London.” 

“Don’t be silly, Wendy!  Don’t you remember where you live?  What do you think it looks like?” 

John placed his hand on Peter’s shoulder to turn him to face where he was pointing.  “Well, it looks a little like Neverland.” 

Peter finally looked down to see the familiar looking island below them.  He looked surprised for a moment then laughed. 

“Ha!  Well at least were not lost anymore!  Hey!  There’s the Jolly Roger!  Let’s fly down and see what the pirates are up to!” 

“Peter!” Wendy said sternly.  “You said you were going to get us home!” 

“Don’t worry, Wendy!  I will!  We’ll rest up in Neverland and head back out later!  Let’s go!  I want to see how old Captain Codfish is doing!” 

Suddenly there was an explosion from the Jolly Roger.  Tinkerbell gave a cry of alarm.  “Peter!  Boys!  Fly!” 

The children scattered across the sky as a cannonball flew past them.  Peter grinned dangerously at the pirate ship and drew his knife.  “Now this is much more fun than flying around clouds for an hour!  To the hideout, boys!  I’ll draw Hook’s fire!” 

The Lost Boys and the Darlings swooped down and away from the Roger as Peter and Tinkerbell went into a nosedive towards it.  Curly looked back at the ship and squinted.  He could start to make out the figures on the deck, including a tall pirate in a red coat and matching feathered hat. 

“Nibs?  Have you seen that pirate before?”  Nibs looked where Curly was pointing.  “I don’t think so.  Say!  There’s a whole lot of pirates over there!” 

“Yeah!” said Slightly.  “Where’s Billy Jukes?  He should be firing Long Tom.” 

“And I don’t see Starkey or Mullins there either!” said John. 

Peter Pan darted around the mast of the Jolly Roger as the pirates shouted and brandished their weapons at him.  “Alright, Captain Kipper!  Show yourself!” 

The pirate in red grabbed a short, fat pirate by the collar.  “Send the men up the rigging, Smee!  Bring me that Lost Boy!” 

“Yessir, Cap’n Hook, sir!” 

Tinkerbell hovered above Peter’s shoulder in confusion.  “Smee?  Hook?  Peter, something isn’t right!” 

“I know that, Tink!  There are pirates shooting at us!” 

“You up there!” 

Peter turned to see the pirate in red extending his hand up to him.  “You come down right now, and surrender!  Give me the location of Peter Pan’s hideout, and I’ll let you live!  You have the word of Captain James Hook!” 

Peter stayed in flight and leaned against the mast.  “If I ever wanted the word of Captain Hook, I’d get it from Captain Hook!  Who are you?” 

Hook’s eyes blazed.  “Who am I?!  You scurvy brat!  Didn’t your precious Pan tell you how he did THIS to me?!”  The pirate raised up his left arm, revealing the curved hook where his hand should be.  Peter’s eyes widened.  “But… I didn’t… you’re not…” 

“Peter!”  Tinkerbell said urgently.  “Fly!  Get to the others!  Quickly!” 

Dodging a burst of pistol fire from the pirates, Peter shot over the Jolly Roger deck and made best speed for Neverland, Tinkerbell right behind. 

“Bring around the cannon, Mr. Smee!” 

“But, Cap’n…” 

“Bring around the cannon, you blathering moron!” 

Smee saluted and scrambled to the cannon.  He yanked on the rope with all his might as Hook charged after him.  “Must I do everything on this ship myself?!”  With a mighty heave from Smee, the cannon flipped backward and slammed onto Captain Hook’s head, planting him into the deck like a stake.  “Oh!  Oh, dear me!” simpered Smee as he rushed to Hook’s side.  “Cap’n!  Please say something to let me know you’re alright!”  Hook looked dazed for a moment before letting out a wail.  “SMEEEEEEEEEE!” 

The Lost Boys and the Darlings landed in a clearing in the jungle.  Michael looked around in confusion.  “Wendy?  Are you sure this is Neverland?” 

“I… I’m not sure, Michael.  It does look like Neverland.” 

“But slightly different,” said Slightly.  “The Roger, the island…” 

“Even those mermaids we saw!” interrupted Curly.  “I don’t remember seeing any looking like that!” 

Before Wendy could respond a roar burst from the foliage surrounding the children, quickly followed by 6 figures dressed in animal skins charging at them.  The Lost Boys and the Darlings took to the air as the boys brandished makeshift clubs and slingshots. 

“Hey!  They’re flyin’!” shouted the boy in fox skin.  “Don’t let them get away, Nibs!” 

“Quit worrying, Slightly!” the boy in rabbit skin snapped.  “We got ‘em!” 

“Nibs?!” said Nibs. 

“Slightly?!” said Slightly. 

“I thought you were Nibs and Slightly,” said Tootles. 

“We are!  Er, I am!”  Slightly flew down to face off with the other Slightly.  “I don’t know who you are, but this isn’t even slightly funny!  I’m Slightly and he’s Nibs!” 

“Oh no he’s not!” the boy in rabbit skin said, pointing to himself then each of the other boys.  I’m Nibs!  He’s Slightly, he’s Tootles, they’re the Twins, and he’s Cubby!” 

“What about Curly?” Curly asked insulted. 

“This is…” 

“Impossible!” said the Twins.  “How can you be the Twins…” 

“When we are the Twins?” 

The two boys in the raccoon skins put up their fists.  “You ain’t Twins!  You don’t look the same!” 

“Don’t look the same!” 

“Duh, are we still gonna bonk ‘em on the head?” asked Cubby. 

“Just you try it!” snapped Nibs. 

“Please!” Wendy shouted.  “Can’t we just calm down for a…” 

“ATTEEEEEN-SHUN!” 

Instantly all of the Lost Boys stood up straight and still.  The Darlings looked up to see a boy in green floating in the air above them, accompanied by a small twinkling light at his shoulder. 

“Now then, who are you and what are you doing in Neverland?” 

Slightly attempted to fly up to the boy but was stopped by Curly.  “We have as much right to be in Neverland as anybody!  We’re Lost Boys!  Who are you?” 

The boy in green put his hands on his hips and grinned proudly.  “If you were really Lost Boys you would already know!  I’m Peter Pan!” 

The Darlings and their Lost Boys slowly floated down to the ground in shock.  “Is that really Peter, Wendy?” asked Michael. 

“It can’t be!” said John. 

“What do you want us to do to ‘em, Peter?” asked the Nibs in rabbit skins. 

“Duh, yeah!  Can we bonk ‘em?” asked Cubby excitedly. 

“If you would just listen for a second!” Wendy exclaimed.  “We don’t want any trouble!” 

With a rooster’s crow the other Peter Pan flew into the clearing with Tinkerbell.  “Hey, Wendy!  Don’t know who these new pirates are that Hook found but they couldn’t catch me…” 

The Peter Pan in brown came to a sudden halt when he finally saw the Peter Pan in green hovering in front of him.  The two boys circled around each other above the clearing.  “And just who is this?” the Peter in brown asked. 

“He says he’s you, Peter!” called Tootles. 

The glowing figure on the Peter in green’s shoulder started jingling urgently.  “Quiet, Tink!  I’m taking care of this!” 

The other Tinkerbell’s eyes widened.  “Oh no!  Not me too!” 

“Enough of this!” the Peter in brown said.  “Everyone knows there’s only one Peter Pan!” 

“Not necessarily, Peter!’ said Tinkerbell.  “Remember the time you flew too far ahead and found Wendy’s daughter in the future?  You might have done it again, only this time you flew us too… well, sideways.  To another Neverland!” 

“Oh, that’s impossible!  And even if there is another Neverland it wouldn’t matter!  Peter Pan rules Neverland, any Neverland!” 

The Peter in green’s face became less friendly as his hand reached for the handle of his knife.  “Well, if you want to rule this Neverland, you’ll have to take it from me!” 

“It’ll be a pleasure, Captain Copycat!” 

In an instant both Peter’s drew their knives and flew straight at each other.  “Peter!  Don’t!” cried Wendy. 

“Come on, Lost Boys!” shouted Slightly.  “Help Peter!” 

Before the Lost Boys could take to the air, the other Lost Boys sprang into action.  Wendy pulled John and Michael away from the melee as Nibs shouted to Tinkerbell.  “Tink!  Find John and Michael!  They’re flying with Wendy on the other side of the island!  We need all the men we can get!”  Tinkerbell nodded and turned to fly away, but stopped when she noticed the Peter in brown’s Tinkerbell following after the Peters.  “Peter!  You silly ***!  There’s no need for all this fighting!”  With a mischievous smirk, Tinkerbell rubbed her hands to summon a ball of pixie dust and hurled it.  When it hit it’s target, the other Tinkerbell gave a whoop of surprise as she was sent zooming into the air 6 feet.  Finally regaining her bearings, the pixie glared down at her counterpart zooming into the jungle.  “Alright!  If that’s the way you want it, fine!” 

Tinkerbell chased after Tinkerbell, Lost Boy battled Lost Boy, and above the jungle Peter Pan crossed blades with Peter Pan to see who would rule Neverland. 

OK:

Peter Pan from “Peter Pan and the Pirates” vs Peter Pan from the original Disney movie. 

Both at full strength and armed with their knives. 

Fight continues until one Pan is subdued or surrenders. 

Game On! 

Learn More About
Peter Pan (Peter Pan and the Pirates)
Read more about Peter Pan (Peter Pan and the Pirates) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Wikipedia The Pirates Cove Squidoo

Peter Pan
Read more about Peter Pan at Wikipedia
Official Site: Great Ormond Street Hospital Links: Wikipedia for Peter Pan Literature Network, Peter Pan IMDB: Peter Pan

Now this is an interesting match up... I mean.... two different Peters going at it.

Wow... This one is going to be hard to choose as I do have memories as a child of seeing these two, and being relatively confused to why they all looked so different from one another. And to think... Disney might even now own the Peter Pan and the Pirates series since it originally belonged to Fox, and now... Disney owns all of Fox's IP.

You know... I would say I'm gonna go with the Peter Pan and the Pirates version of Peter here. He seems to have more combat experience under his belt compared to Disney Peter.

• Like 1

Heh, this matchup has barely even occurred to me. :D 

Good set-up, broadway. With the very nature of Peter Pan and the Lost boys being childish and macho, of course the two alternate factions would square off without asking questions, lol. 

It's been quite awhile since I've seen Peter Pan and the Pirates, so I'll have to check out those vids later on. I do remember the show being more faithful to the original story than the Disney film, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

A very great idea for a match Broadway! 5 out of 5!

I am predicting the Disney movie Peter Pan coming out on top since more people (like me) are more familiar with that version of the character than the cartoon one.

Unfortunately, this is very true.

The only Pan that might rival the Disney Pan is the Robin Williams version. 

• Like 2

Okay, I just watched all the videos for refreshers. I'm thinking it would be close, but the TV series Pan seems to be a little more combat-ready and able to rally the Lost Boys a bit better (and maybe the latter is due to him knowing Wendy and the boys a little longer than Disney's Pan, who at least had just met Wendy and her brothers in the movie). TV Pan and his Lost Boys may start to gain the edge until both Wendys manage to appeal to everyone's better senses. 

Heh, in fact, the two Wendys may even be the first among both groups to become BFF's. :D 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.70 Total Combined Score
23.70 / 5 = 4.74 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Peter Pan (Peter Pan and the Pirates): 5
Peter Pan: 4

On 1/24/2024 at 9:47 AM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I am predicting the Disney movie Peter Pan coming out on top since more people (like me) are more familiar with that version of the character than the cartoon one.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, RakaiThwei said:

The only Pan that might rival the Disney Pan is the Robin Williams version. 

Well, overall voting is low enough these days for popularity to not be so big of a factor. :) 

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Wendy, John, and Michael hid in the bushes to watch the battle of the Lost Boys.  The boys they recognized were beginning to be overwhelmed as the new Lost Boys shot at them with slingshots and hit them with clubs.  The other Tinker Bell tossed handfuls of pixie dust on her Lost Boys while dodging magic being thrown at her by their Tinker Bell.  Meanwhile, high above the battle, the two Peter Pans crossed blades and darted through the Neverland sky.  The Peter in green thrusted towards the Peter in brown who shot upwards and cut the feather off his double’s hat. 

“You don’t stand a chance against the greatest swordsman in all Neverland!” the Peter in brown bragged.  The Peter in green sped in between his opponent’s legs and up behind him.  With one stroke he had cut off the Peter in brown’s ponytail.  “Funny!  I was just about to say the same thing!” the Peter in green laughed, speeding off across the treetops.  “No fair!  That’s cheating!” the Peter in brown shouted. 

Wendy took a step out of the bushes as her Peter pursued his rival.  “Wendy!  We need to do something!” John whispered urgently. 

“Yes, Wendy!” said Michael.  “Can’t we help the Lost Boys?” 

“That won’t do us any good!” said Wendy firmly, taking to the air.  “The only one who can stop this is Peter!  I’ve got to get him to listen to MPH!” 

Wendy flew straight into a girl and two boys coming down to land in the clearing.  Wendy fell back down to earth with a thud.  The girl quickly ran to Wendy’s side.  “Oh dear!  I’m so sorry!  I didn’t see you.  Of course, I am rather new to flying you understand.” 

“Are you hurted, Wendy?” the smaller boy said. 

“No, Michael, I’m fine.” 

John groaned and turned to face the older boy in glasses, a top hat, and brandishing an umbrella.  “And don’t tell me.  You’re supposed to be me?” 

“Actually, I’m supposed to me.  I’m John!  And Tinker Bell was very urgent for us to get here!” 

“She seemed to only want John and Michael,” explained the other Wendy.  “But I didn’t want them going into trouble on their own.” 

“Please understand, umm Wendy,” said Wendy.  “We really didn’t mean any trouble!  We landed here by accident!  But if we don’t get your Peter Pan to stop fighting our Peter Pan somebody’s bound to get hurt!”  The other Wendy looked into the sky as the two Peter’s continued their duel.  “Goodness!   Well, if that’s what it takes, I suppose that’s what we’ll have to do.  Peter will listen to me.  I know he will!” 

“Well then let’s go already!” Wendy impatiently took to the air, and the other Wendy followed, flapping her arms for a moment to steady herself.  “But what about us?” the two Johns said in unison, glancing at each other in confusion.  “Just stay hidden!” shouted the other Wendy.  “Unless you want to get in the middle of a Lost Boy fight!” called Wendy.  The four Darling boys glanced at the brawl, then jumped back into the bushes. 

The Peter in green burst through the treetops and spun around to see the Peter in brown in hot pursuit.  “You can fly all you want!” the Peter in brown snarled as he slashed with his knife.  “There’s nowhere in Neverland you can escape from me!” 

“Who’s escaping?” snapped the Peter in green.  He grabbed a hold of the other Peter Pan’s wrist and he followed suit.  The two Peters spun around in the sky jockeying for position.  The Wendy’s flew up to meet them shouting urgently. 

“Peter!  Stop this right now!” 

“Yes, Peter!  Please!  Can’t we talk this out!” 

The Peter in brown shouted over his shoulder.  “Stay out of this, Wendy!  This is my game!”  Suddenly the Peter in green kicked out with both feet, sending the Peter in brown colliding into the Wendys.  The Wendy in pink fell back into the branches of an oak tree, but the Wendy in the nightgown was sent spiraling down to earth. 

“PETER!  HELP!” 

The Peter in green bolted past his rival and down towards Wendy.  “Don’t worry, Wendy!  I’ll save you!” 

“Come back here!” yelled in the Peter in brown.  Wendy looked on from her unexpected perch in disbelief as her Peter continued the chase.  “Oh!  That… that.. boy!” 

Extending both hands, the Peter in green caught his Wendy by the wrists, gently lowering her the rest of the way to the ground.  “There you go, Wendy.  Your safe now.” 

“Peter, look out!” 

But Wendy’s cry was too late.  The Peter in brown delivered a diving kick to the back of the Peter in green’s head.  The hit sent the Peter in green crashing to earth, his knife falling out of reach.  Giving a victorious crow the Peter in brown landed next to his fallen double.  “Ha!  I win!”  The Peter in green tried to rise to his feet, but the Peter in brown stomped his foot on his chest.  He pointed his knife at the Peter in green’s throat.  “Now, whoever you are, surrender, and declare me the one and only Peter Pan!” 

The Lost Boys, the Darling boys, and Tinker Bells crowded into the clearing. 

“Peter!” cried fox skin Slightly. 

“You got him, Peter!” cheered Curly.  “Let him have it!” 

The Peter in green looked up defiantly at the Peter in brown.  “I’ll never surrender!  Not to Hook, not to you, not to anybody!” 

The Peter in brown raised his knife high.  “Well, if that’s the way you want it…!” 

“PETER!” 

The Peter in brown turned around in annoyance to see the two Wendy’s glaring at him.  “Aw, come on, Wendy!  I won the fight!” 

“Only because he was trying to save his Wendy!” said Wendy.  “Just let him go, and let’s get out of here!” 

“Wendy’s right, Peter” Tinker Bell said.  “This Neverland belongs to this Peter and his Lost Boys.  We belong on our Neverland, not fighting among ourselves in this one!”  All of the Lost Boys looked around and groaned in disappointment.  “Duh, do you have to go?” said Cubby. 

“Yeah!  That was the best fight we’ve had in weeks!” 

“Had in weeks!” said the rabbit Twins. 

“Well, it was a slightly exciting battle,” Slightly grinned. 

“Maybe we could go another round?” asked Nibs. 

“No!” Wendy said firmly.  “We are heading for home now!  So Peter, shake hands with Peter.” 

“What?!  Shake hands?!  What for?” 

“Because you both fought bravely and fairly,” said the Wendy in the nightgown.  “And it wouldn’t be good form for you to go away angry at yourself.  Er, I mean each other.” 

The two Peter Pan’s looked at each other suspiciously before the Peter in brown offered his hand.  The Peter in green sighed and accepted, allowing himself to be helped to his feet.  “You did fight well,” the Peter in green said begrudgingly.  “I’ve never seen anyone fly like that.” 

“Well, of course you haven’t!  Seeing as how I’m the greatest flyer in all…!” 

The Peter in brown’s bragging was cut short by his Wendy clearing her throat.  “Um, well, that is to say, you’re a pretty great fighter too.” 

“Anytime you want to go another round,” the Peter in green grinned.  “Just let me know!” 

Wendy turned to the Wendy in the nightgown.  “I’m just sorry we couldn’t stay longer to get to know each other better.  Are you sure your Peter will be alright?” 

“Oh, I’m sure,” the other Wendy smiled.  “I’ll take care of him.  I am his mother after all.” 

The Peter in brown jumped into the air and hovered.  “Alright then, Lost Boys!  Let’s get flying!  And now I know just the way to get us back to Neverland!  Tinker Bell!  Pixie dust for everybody!” 

“I’ve just about ran out of dust with all this flying and fighting!” Tinker Bell grumbled.  The other Tinker Bell jingled and waved, offering up a handful of pixie dust.  Tinker Bell picked up the golden dust and mixed it with her own.  “Well!  Thanks!  Um, okay everyone!  Let’s fly!” 

The Peter in brown led his friends into the air as their counterparts waved goodbye to them.  The Wendy in the nightgown walked to the Peter in green’s side.  “Oh, Peter.  I do hope they can get home.” 

“And stay there,” grumbled Peter Pan. 

“You and your sense of direction!  You silly, silly, ***!” 

Tinker Bell flew above the bamboo cages that contained her Peter, the Lost Boys, and the Darlings.  A crowd of boys milled around the cages talking excitedly to each other.  “I thought you said you knew how to get us home!” Tinker Bell went on. 

“Relax, Tink!” Peter said.  “I’ll get us out of this!  If this is another Neverland, then I can beat their Peter Pan the same as I beat that other one!” 

“I don’t know, Peter,” Wendy said nervously.  “These boys seem a lot less friendly.” 

Tinker Bell fluttered over to another fairy watching the scene from an old lantern.  “Can’t you do something?!  Your humans are sounding like they’re going to kill my humans!” 

The other Tinker Bell shook her head.  “I’m sorry.  But it’s not my decision.  It’s up to the Pan.” 

There was a rumbling through the treetops and all the Lost Boys began to chant. 

“RU-FI-O!  RU-FI-O!  RU!  FI!  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” 

A tall boy with red streaks in his black hair somersaulted into the camp.  He rose up and grinned dangerously at the prisoners and drew his sword. 

“So, which one of you pieces of slug slime says he’s the Pan?”