Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 19887 Maki Genryusai vs. Lt. Linn Kurosawa

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.4a9ea2e7d649212c37447d3a27ea213c.jpeg

After coming up with a creative solution when confronted by Power Stone alum Rouge, wealthy fighting tournament enthusiasts Karin Kanzuki and Rose Bernstein returned to their planning of the next Capcom vs. SNK tournament.

Rose pulled out a paper and pen. “I think we should put the decorative discussions on hold. If anything, I think that the fortune teller’s interruption proved that there are several fighters that will want to participate, but won’t have the restraint to wait for a proper invitation.”

Karin nodded in agreement. “I fear you are right.”

“We should nail down the roster now to save us from the headaches later,” Rose suggested.

“Let’s do it.”

“First, there are non negotiable invitations that I will insist we give out on the SNK side, these are no-brainers,” stated Rose. And I assume you have some as well.”

“Absolutely, I have four,” Karin confirmed.

Rose smiled. “What a coincidence, So do I.”

“Let’s hear them.”

“Kyo Kusanagi from King of Fighters, Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting, Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury,” listed Rose.

Karin rubbed her chin. “Makes sense. The poster boys for SNK’s flagship fighting games and its most popular female fighter.”

“Who are yours?” Rose inquired.

“Ryu, Ken Masters, Chun-Li, and Cammy White,” Karin announced with pride.

“All Capcom staples to be sure, do you feel you might be leaning too heavily into Street Fighter?” asked Rose.

“All of your choices are in King of Fighters,” Karin retorted.

Rose lifted her index finger. “Ah, but as you already noted they are representatives from other franchises and fighting tournaments.”

Karin considered this. “Hmm, we have had a lot of crossover with Final Fight, which is a pretty iconic franchise. Should we extend an invitation to Cody or Guy or…”

“No! Pick me!” a voice shouted.

Karin and Rose spun on their heels to see a young blonde woman with a high ponytail, ninja garb, and red tennis shoes..

“The security in this place is simply abhorrent,” Rose complained.

“Pick me as your Final Fight representative, it’s my turn,” the woman declared.

Confusion spread across Karin’s face. “Maki?”

“Yes, it’s me. The best Bushinryu fighter in the world,” boasted Maki. “Also a Capcom vs. SNK veteran.”

Rose was unmoved. “If you have already participated in a Capcom vs. SNK tournament, perhaps you should step aside for someone else to have a turn in the limelight. You are certainly not a no-brainer inclusion. I don’t even know who you are.”

“That’s the problem,” Maki responded. “Capcom vs. SNK is the only avenue I have. Despite being around since Final Fight 2, I’ve only ever been brought into this crossover tournament…. and as a late addition to Street Fighter Alpha 3 tournament when it was all but done. It’s not fair and it’s not right!”

“That can’t be right. Were you really not in Street Fighter 5?” Karin wondered. “We had so many participants from Metro City.”

“Master Zeku, Cody, Poison, that big doofus Abigail, even Lucia was invited to the party, but not me! In the most recent tournament, Guy’s student, Kimberly, was invited. It was like I had been skipped right over.” Maki said with irritation. “And I’m better than all of them, even Master Zeku.”

Another voice echoed in the ballroom. “You’re an invitation thief is what you are!”

image.jpeg.8fb20e83a572fc5d5641a743d7941129.jpeg

Rose and Karin turned their heads again to see a young woman with light brown hair, also with a high ponytail. The woman wore a breast plate over an orange shirt and orange camo pants. She had a katana at her hip and a large gun in her hand pointed at the Kanzuki family steward, Shibaski. 

Karin was alarmed. “Shibaski! Are you okay? What is the meaning of this?”

“Apologies, madam. I was unable to deter Miss Genryusai from entering the ballroom because I had my hands full attending to another uninvited guest. May I present Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa.

“I’m not here to hurt anyone, I just want to see justice done,” announced Linn.

“What justice are you looking for, lieutenant?” Karin asked pointedly.

“I want to be included in your upcoming tournament. It is the least you could do after my spot was stolen last time.” Lt. Kurosawa pointed her gun at Maki. “By her!”

Maki pulled out her tonfas. “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Everyone just wait one second!” demanded Rose. “I am completely lost. Are you from some other Capcom fighting tournament I’ve never heard of, like Power Stone?”

“No. I’m the former leader of the 13th Colonial Marine Corps. I gained recognition when I teamed up with Dutch and a couple of Predators to wipe out a xenomorph invasion of San Drad, California. Later I was invited to the birthday party of a woman I had met named Eliza, whose boyfriend Ken Masters was fighting in the Alpha 2 tournament. He fought his matches during the party. It was then and there that I knew I wanted to take part in a fighting tournament,” explained Linn. “I was finally going to get a shot during Capcom vs. SNK 2, but at the last second I was told not to come and that my spot had been given to Maki Genryusai.”

Karin gasped. “Hold on a minute, I remember hearing about this. The rumor was Capcom didn’t want to have anyone associated with Alien vs. Predator at the tournament, licensing issues and all.”

“I imagine not much has changed,” input Rose. “However, if we were willing to put in the money to secure the licensing it could be some great crossover exposure for our tournament.”

Maki spoke up. “I had no knowledge of this, but whatever other reasons, clearly the organizers of the tournament just landed on a better option.”

Linn scoffed. “Don’t make me laugh. After the insult of being replaced, I researched you. You may have beat up a bunch ridiculously dressed thugs in Metro City, but I was dropkicking xenomorphs and hacking them to bits. There is no comparison.”

“Your weaponry may be effective against some slow dumb aliens, but how would they fare against the speed of the best Bushinry fighter in the world?”

“There’s one way to find out.”

Karin jumped in between the two. “Ladies, Ladies, I believe a fight between the two of you for a spot in our tournament is a fabulous idea. But, we can’t do it here.”

“Wherever,” said Linn.

“Whenever,” added Maki.

I'm gonna go with my girl, Linn Kurosawa here.

For one, she has some military training during her time in the United States Colonial Marine Corps, and add on top of her training... She's also got bionic cybernetic implants which allow her to hang with the likes of the Yautja, and even directly fight against the Xenomorphs in melee combat. That alone is a wide margin of strength, speed and endurance over Maki. And add on top of that, she's also got much better quality experience... She's risen through the ranks in the Marine Corps to Lieutenant, and the to fight against hordes of Xenomorphs alongside mutant strain Xenomorphs, traitorous Colonial Marines, an infected and psychotic Yautja, and a Xenomorph Queen.

Maki, as far as I know-- canonically has only gone up against the Mad Gear gang. Just your typical street thugs found in Metro City.

And then weapons...

As much as I am a Martial Artist, and love my Martial Arts weapons.... Maki's tonfa pales in comprison to Linn's arsenal, especially if shes armed with an M41A Pulse Rifle. That weapon is a monster, as it uses 10mm tip caseless armor piercing rounds and can be fired in short burst or full automatic. And then add in the grenade launcher which the weapon is typically equipped with... Disgusting. That weapon is DISGUSTING.

I like Maki, she's very good in the art of Bushinryuu... But she's coming up pretty short here, and also let's not forget that Maki is very hot tempered and arrogant. Street Fighter characters are very powerful, some of them even achieving high levels in terms of being superhuman. But Maki is not one of them.

Linn's physicals, experience, and weaponry are just too much here.

7 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

I'm gonna go with my girl, Linn Kurosawa here.

For one, she has some military training during her time in the United States Colonial Marine Corps, and add on top of her training... She's also got bionic cybernetic implants which allow her to hang with the likes of the Yautja, and even directly fight against the Xenomorphs in melee combat. That alone is a wide margin of strength, speed and endurance over Maki. And add on top of that, she's also got much better quality experience... She's risen through the ranks in the Marine Corps to Lieutenant, and the to fight against hordes of Xenomorphs alongside mutant strain Xenomorphs, traitorous Colonial Marines, an infected and psychotic Yautja, and a Xenomorph Queen.

Maki, as far as I know-- canonically has only gone up against the Mad Gear gang. Just your typical street thugs found in Metro City.

And then weapons...

As much as I am a Martial Artist, and love my Martial Arts weapons.... Maki's tonfa pales in comprison to Linn's arsenal, especially if shes armed with an M41A Pulse Rifle. That weapon is a monster, as it uses 10mm tip caseless armor piercing rounds and can be fired in short burst or full automatic. And then add in the grenade launcher which the weapon is typically equipped with... Disgusting. That weapon is DISGUSTING.

I like Maki, she's very good in the art of Bushinryuu... But she's coming up pretty short here, and also let's not forget that Maki is very hot tempered and arrogant. Street Fighter characters are very powerful, some of them even achieving high levels in terms of being superhuman. But Maki is not one of them.

Linn's physicals, experience, and weaponry are just too much here.

This.

Nice to see Linn in a match again.

I like the setup and give it a 5.0.

Good set-up of oft-overlooked Capcom fighting ladies. :D Looks like Karin and Rose may be shaping a fine tournament here. 

As for the match, even without her weapons, Linn just looks to have the all-around edge in this one. With all her gear? Looks like Maki may be in for a near-stomp.