Kollector: 2

Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 19851 Rouge (Power Stone) vs. Pullum Purna

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.9b6b060d032254d6fb3425fcb379b097.jpeg

The camera focused on two classy young women with blonde ringlets standing in a ball room. One wore a red sailor fuku uniform and the other a black and red long dress.

“No need to adjust your television sets, it is I, Rose Bernstein,” announced the blonde in the dress.

“Along with I, Karin Kanzuki,” added the other young woman.

“We have paid for this television and streaming spot to deliver an exciting announcement,” said Rose.

“We have teamed together to sponsor the next Capcom vs. SNK tournament,” input Karin.

Rose smiled. “That’s right. The developers of our respective companies have dragged their feet for far too long so we decided to take matters into our own hands.”

“With the understanding that we would use our own money and considerable resources to fund the entire operation, we were given the green light to proceed by both companies to run the tournament ourselves,” Karin explained.

“For evidence that this tournament is in very capable hands I remind everyone that Karin was the guide for Olympic Mode in SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium and I hosted the King of Fighters XIII,” said Rose.

“We hope that all of you are as excited as we are,” concluded Karin. “And to all the SNK and Capcom characters out there watching this, expect your invitation soon if you are one of the lucky ones selected. Everyone, have a wonderful day and we will see you soon.”

After a few moments of hesitation, both women were given the clear signal from the cameraman.

“I believe that went quite well,” stated Rose.

Karin nodded. “Agreed. Now to begin with the preparations. Shall we start with the roster?”

“Do you already have some ideas?” asked Rose.

“A few no brainers that I know you will agree with, however I was wondering something. Do you think we should take some input from the people?”

“I don’t know if the masses have displayed an intellect level sufficient enough to make such lofty decisions,” answered Rose.

“Perhaps you’re right. Most of the commoners just want to see a good fight, no matter who you place in front of them,” Karin reasoned.

“I think we should start with stage design first,” Rose suggested. “It will be the first thing that everyone sees.”

“Very well.”

The two girls spent the next several hours bouncing ideas off one another for the look of their tournament. Just as it was about to get heated between two ladies not used to being told no, they were interrupted by the Kazuki family steward, Shibasaki.

“There is a young woman here to see you both about a position in your tournament,” he announced.

Rose scoffed. “We never said anything about welcoming walk-ins. It is bad form. She should be waiting for an invitation like everyone else.”

“Who is it?” asked Karin.

“I present to you the fighting fortune teller, Miss Rouge,” Shibaski declared.

A beautiful dark skinned woman with braided brown hair and a white headband entered the room.

Rose was confused. “Rouge? I thought you said the fighting fortune teller from your series was named Menat.”

“This girl is not from Street Fighter,” stated Karin. “But I do recognize her. You are from Power Stone, right?”

Rouge nodded. “Power Stone 1 and 2.”

“Wow,” Karin marveled. “I haven’t seen any of you guys in ages. How long has it been?”

“Too long. Since the high times of those two games, we have been shelved and forgotten by Capcom. That is why I want to be a part of this tournament so badly. I represent not only myself but all of my friends that have been dismissively discarded.”

“I can respect that motivation,” said Karin.

“I’ve looked into my crystal ball and I see a revitalization of relevance for me and my friends if I can participate in this tournament,” Rouge proclaimed.

“I must interrupt. Apologies, I’m not familiar with Power Stone,” said Rose.

“I’ll show you some clips later,” Karin offered. She then turned to Rouge. “I must say I believe your moveset would be more appropriate for a Marvel vs. Capcom tournament then Capcom vs. SNK.”

“Are any tournaments like that on the horizon?” asked Rouge.

Both Karin and Rose shook their heads no. “Most definitely not.”

“Then this is the tournament I want to be in. You did say it’s Capcom vs. SNK, right? It’s not Street Fighter vs. the King of Fighters. You will need some other representation,” Rouge insisted.

Rose sighed. “I don’t know.”

Karin thought it over. “Rose, does Rouge remind you of anyone?” she eventually asked. “Like a certain Miss Pullum Purna.”

“Sure, a little bit. But I don’t see Pullum wearing a ring that size in her hair,” noted Rose. “It looks uncomfortable.”

Rouge was insulted. “Hey now…”

“I do believe I have an idea,” Karin declared. “Let’s call up Pullum for a little exhibition. If Rouge can defeat her then she will have earned a spot in our tournament.”

“Who is Pullum Purna?” Rouge wondered.

“Like us she is an heiress. We hang around similar social circles and are also all part of the Worldwide Young Ladies Club,” Rose informed.

“More than that she is a fighter,” added Karin. “She has fought both Ryu and Terry Bogard in different games. If anyone is a good barometer for who belongs in our upcoming tournament, it is her.”

“Will you also be inviting her to the tournament proper?” Rouge inquired.

“Technically her appearance rights would belong to Arika. So no.”

“I see. Then before I take on this friend of yours I have just one more question. Will I be granted access to the Power Stones?”

Karin tilted her head. “I’m not sure that would be fair.”

Rose spoke up. “I vote yes. The immense popularity of the Super Smash Brothers tournament showed that the audience enjoys and appreciates when crossover characters can be as close to their original selves as possible. If we put her in our tournament, we will want her to be her authentic self.”

“Good point. Okay Rouge, once a site has been picked for your fight with Pullum we will drop off Power Stones as well. 

Rouge pumped her fist in excitement. “Alright. I know I can do this!”

Rose smirked. “That remains to be seen. Good luck fortune teller!”

image.png.f949f1d77fd57763d797fe669569f179.png

On 12/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, RakaiThwei said:

Mmm... I haven't played Power Stone so, I can't really decide on this match.

It was a really fun couple of games that I'm surprised Capcom didn't capitalize more on during the turn of the century when they were churning out VS. games. Hopefully, they will take a page out of Sega's book and revitalize some of their old IPs.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - Boratz
4.40 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Rouge (Power Stone): 4