Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18869 Lady Jaye vs. Lady Blackhawk

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.ecaaae89154d73018df7555828959acf.jpeg

Flint and Lady Jaye flew a G.I. Joe jet close to Blackhawk Island on a mission from Duke.

“Flint, I don’t like it,” stated Lady Jaye.

“Which part?” Flint inquired.

“The whole thing,” answered Jaye. “The Blackhawks are legendary World War II heroes. I remember hearing stories about them on the radio when I was a kid.”

Flint smiled. “Yeah, me too.”

“It doesn’t feel right to infiltrate their island, even if it is decommissioned,” Jaye reasoned.

“Possibly decommissioned,” Flint corrected. “We can’t be sure because our intel states that it is operational, and Cobra is the one operating it.”

Lady Jaye remained unconvinced.

Flint continued. “Look I revere this place too, and I don’t want to damage it in any way if we can avoid it. That’s why Duke’s plan is the best option. Blackhawk Island is notorious for its booby traps. The only way to disarm them is through facial and voice recognition of the original Blackhawk Squadron. Lady Blackhawk is the only living member of the squadron left. This gives you the opportunity to do what you do best, covert operations and intelligence. You go in disguised as Lady Blackhawk and find out what’s what.”

“Are you sure there is no way we could just work with the real Lady Blackhawk to solve this mystery?” asked Lady Jaye.

Flint shook his head. “Duke believes that is a bad move. Relations between the G.I. Joe and the Birds of Prey remain icy after that whole incident between Shipwreck and Huntress. Also, until we know the full extent of Zinda Blake’s participation in what is going down, it would be a mistake to engage with her directly.”

“How can we even be sure she is involved directly?”

“She is the only one that could disarm the traps and it’s not like Cobra has not used hypnosis or brain washing before.”

“What if Cobra is using a master of disguise just like me to disarm the island?”

“They would use Zartan and I don’t see Zartan pulling off Lady Blackhawk’s skirt like you can,” Flint noted cheekily.

Lady Jaye lamented. “The things I let you talk me into, Flint.”

“Send the signal when you’re ready for pickup.”

“Give me a few hours and I’ll find everything we need,” Lady Jaye replied in her Zinda Blake voice.

Despite her misgivings about the assignment, Lady Jaye had taken the time to make sure she got the voice down perfectly. She was a professional and a good soldier.  Lady Jaye  then grabbed her parachute and her bag as the side of the jet opened up.

“Yo Joe!” She shouted as she jumped out of the aircraft.

image.jpeg.731431a942a047b635d4691bfb6c5e22.jpeg

Some time later, the real Zinda Blake, Lady Blackhawk, also arrived on Blackhawk Island. Rumors of strange activity from the island had reached Oracle, and Zinda offered to check it out. If she had waited a little while longer, Dinah had offered to go with her, but Zinda was anxious to find out the truth. She wanted to know if someone was operating out of a base that held so much history to her.

Her first answer came when the usual protocols had already been overridden when she landed her jet. Zinda became very suspicious and took out her twin 45 M1911 pistols as she exited her jet. She stealthily walked through the hangar, but there was no sign of an intruder. Zinda next made her way to the barracks. 

“Welcome back again, Lady Blackhawk,” said an automated voice as she reached the door.

Zinda furrowed her brow. She silently stepped inside and could hear footsteps not far in front of her in the adjacent hallway. Lady Blackhawk prepared herself and readied her weapons. She barged in through the door.

“Hawkaaa!” she shouted.

The mystery visitor spun on her heel to face Zinda and it was a sight that the Bird of Prey pilot did not expect. It was another version of herself also wielding twin pistols.

“Lady Blackhawk?!?” remarked the impostor.

“What manner of sorcery is this?” Zinda inquired.

“Not sorcery.” Lady Jaye ripped off her state-of-the-art mask and wig to reveal herself. “Just years and years of covert training.”

“Who are you?” Zinda demanded.

“The name is Lady Jaye, I’m with the G.I. Joes. I came here to investigate some suspicious activity.”

“Currently the only suspicious activity I see is you sleuthing around here posing as me,” Zinda accused.

“Only to get through security so that I could complete my mission,” Lady Jaye insisted.”I am not your enemy.”

During this exchange, both sets of guns remained firmly aimed at one another.

Lady Blackhawk scoffed. “Even if you are telling the truth, The G.I. Joes have a strange way of showing their friendship with a stunt like this. But why should I be surprised?” The two military women’s eyes remained locked. “I believe the best course of action is to take you down and ask questions later.”

“We don’t have to do this,” said Lady Jaye.

“You don’t have a choice,” stated Lady Blackhawk.

Good set-up, Johnny. This is a nice blending of the G.I. Joe and DC worlds. It almost feels like an actual comics crossover. 

As for the match, I actually think Lady Blackhawk might have the edge here. Since this is Zinda Blake, the original Lady Blackhawk, she's been part of the Birds of Prey and had some training with Black Canary and Huntress. Not sure Lady Jaye's training with G.I. Joe matches up to that.

Still, since they're both heroes, they might actually agree to work together before things got serious.  

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.50 - Mercenaryblade
4.80 - Boratz
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.50 Total Combined Score
23.50 / 5 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Lady Jaye: 3
Lady Blackhawk: 3

On 2/10/2023 at 4:16 AM, DSkillz said:

Still, since they're both heroes, they might actually agree to work together before things got serious.  

22 hours ago, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Lady Jaye: 3
Lady Blackhawk: 3

A draw, however, could potentially (and more easily) lead to the same conclusion.