Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 18542 Sydney Fox vs. Juno Skinner

Boratz

Lost & Found

With sweltering heat and thick humidity, the workers of the village struggled to get through the grueling days. Several armed men patrolled the area to make sure that the dig was going according to plan. The bright yellow sun beat down upon the excavation site while a few of the workers passed out from exhaustion. There were some that scrambled to check on their fallen comrades, but quick shots from the rifles had them turn back toward their forced labor. For these workers, it was the closest to hell that they could imagine but the alternative was death. It was death not only for themselves but for their loved ones as well. For many, this was experience was day and night. One day the village was normal and by nightfall, the outsiders arrive. These outsiders came swiftly with weapons and vehicles. They demanded labor of the most able-bodied men and by the next day they were breaking ground. 

There was little to no information given as to what they were digging for. Some had speculations and ideas as to what they were forced into. These lands had a legend that was passed from one generation to the next. A legend of a cursed idol that could bring death to all that had come across it. The legend said that in an effort to stop the curse, the ancestors of the forgotten past had sealed the idol in a tomb. The tomb was buried and forgotten over time. Many had believed that this was simply a story told from grandfathers to grandchildren. For many, it was nothing more than a story. With the arrival of the outsiders, they feared that there was truth behind the legend of this lost temple. They feared what they may uncover deep below the surface, but they also feared what would happen if they did not do as they were told.

While they picked at the ground, they would hear a fateful sound of a gunshot. That sound would cause they hearts to skip a beat. They knew that sound meant someone had stopped working, someone was to be punished. It was a sound that caused the rest of the men to find the strength to continue on, despite the harsh temperatures that pushed against them. Day by day, dig site became deeper and larger. Little by little, they found traces of a civilization long thought be forgotten. With each passing night, the villagers prayed that the outsiders would leave them in peace and never return. When the sun would rise in the early dawn, the outsiders would make themselves known. They would force the villagers back into another grueling day of labor. With each passing day, their hope would fade a little at a time and their prayers started to dwindle. 

The village's children would come and watch their grandfathers, their fathers, and their older brothers work. These men worked through blood, sweat, and tears to ensure the safety of their loved ones. They worked despite losing what little hope they had left. Several children were chased away by the armed men while they tried running to their loved ones. The children were warned time and time again to stay away from the dig site. There were some that were even punished by the cruel outsiders. Despite the warnings and the dangers, the children would still sneak past the guards to see if they could find their fathers or bothers. With the passing days, some of these young kids watched the horrors that had unfolded. They watched the bone chilling sound of the executions or even older men being whipped several times by one of the sadistic guards. For the children and for the rest of the village, there was no treasure in the world worth this much. The torment and the misery that this village had to endure was unspeakable.

Every day seemed the same as before as the outsiders continued to force the villagers to dig. The excavation site had grown massive by this point and the village was almost unrecognizable. There was a day that another strange visitor had come. A line of vehicles drove outside the village. There were more outsiders that had arrived. They brought more cruel weapons and large crates. In this line of vehicles was a car that seemed far different than the rest. The vehicle was a long dark limousine that did not seem as if it would belong in the country that they were in, let alone this remote village. The driver of the limousines quickly got out of the vehicle and made his way to open the back door. A beautiful woman stepped foot out of the back of the limousine. Every piece of clothing on this woman cost more than anything that the village had to offer. The driver extended an umbrella to block out the rays of the scorching sun. She gave a snide look in the direction of the village and then followed the driver to a large tent. Several of the armed men followed the woman inside. 

Within this massive luxurious tent were massive air conditioning units. There were tables scattered throughout with artifacts from the archeological dig site. From small tools that were used by early ancestors to pieces of the temple itself, the tables had several items that were being examined by different individuals. The beautiful well-dressed woman with long dark hair walked toward the back of the tent. There was a table that was set up with an assortment of drinks and food. She poured herself a glass of champagne and took a sip while one of the men started telling her about the recent developments in the dig. The woman had a disdainful look that came over her face as she listened to the man. She hated the fact that she was sent to this country. While the man continued to brief her on the dig, the woman's satellite phone started to ring. The man started to back away as the woman answered the phone. He could not hear what was on the other line, but only the words that the woman had said.

"This is Skinner.... Yes, I just arrived in this filthy shithole... It is a good thing that you are paying me a lot of money, I... Yes I... What do you want me to do?... Once your men are able to retrieve it, I will get it out of the country for you... Yes, I understand.... I... That will be done..." Juno sighed while a distressed look came over her face.

She put the phone down on the table. The man that was previously talking to her could tell that she was shaken by her conversation with their benefactor. He started to walk closer toward her and was able to finish what he was about to say before her phone had rung. Before he could speak to her, she gave him a piercing glare. 

"Have you found it yet?!" Juno hissed.

"No ma'am, but we are close." The man responded with a confident look.

"The sooner you find that damn idol, the sooner I can leave this disgusting place." Juno said with a distasteful look.

"What are our orders once we retrieve it?" The man asked.

"Kill everyone in the village. Leave no witnesses." Juno replied while taking a sip of her champagne.

"There are women and children here." The man said with a distressed look.

"You are not being paid to concern yourself with this filth. I do not care about the people in this village or the cause of your boss. I am getting paid a lot of money to get their precious idol out of this country and without suspicion." Juno replied. 

"Understood, ma'am." The man said. 

"Do you have the equipment needed to handle the idol?" Juno asked while finishing off her glass of champagne.

"Yes ma'am. Once it is recovered, we will get it in the containment units." The man responded.

"Hell, once it is recovered, it should be a good demonstration for your boss of what it can do.  If the legend is true, it should start infecting the villagers that are exposed to it. I may get paid even more if it does what your boss thinks it will." Juno smirked while pouring herself another glass.

"We shall see." The man responded hesitantly.

Within a lecture hall of Trinity College

Students were listening to their professor as she was finishing her lecture on Ancient Studies. These students had heard stories of this Professor from past students. These stories would often involve her classroom antics as she would demonstrate different cultural movements or dances. They would often see this Professor dress in attire from different civilizations that would reflect the particular study that they were on. The thing that caught their attention the most about this Professor was the stories of her different adventures across the globe. Many had labeled her as a relic hunter but if you asked her, she would say that she was preserving history for all to see. There were countless artifacts and relics that were stored within the university's museum that many of the students had gazed upon. These different artifacts were finds of this very Professor. They sat back in their seats while listening to her lecture on excavations and searching for lost items. The time drew near for the class to end, but the students were listening to every word.

".... Sometimes what is lost is not always meant to be found. I know that is contrary to popular beliefs, especially among many archeologists today. Many today want to uncover the secrets of the past so that we may have a better idea of what the future holds for us today. Or they simply just want the recognition and glory of finding a lost treasure. Sometimes the civilizations in the past and even our ancestors hide potential dangers so that we today can be protected from dangers that they themselves experienced centuries ago. If this is a field that you wish to continue studying or even pursue as a career field, I urge you to use caution and discernment when searching for items that have long been lost. There are times when these items were lost for a reason and by the time you discover what that reason is, it may be too late." Sydney said before the bell rung through then lecture hall.

Sydney gave a quick glance at the clock and then glanced back at her students. A warm smile formed over her face while she looked over her students. "Well, that is all for today. Remember you have a paper due next Wednesday and an exam next Friday. Class dismissed." 

While the students scrambled out of the room, Sydney sat down behind her desk. She looked through emails on her computer and had old books that were covered in dust sprawled out in her desk. The university's dean sauntered into her office with a smile that went from ear to ear. 

"What I can do for you today, Dean?" Sydney said as she leaned back in her chair.

"A pair of agents with the CIA are here to see you." The Dean said with that same smile.

"The CIA? What do they want with me?" Sydney asked with a dumbfounded look.

"They did not fill me on that but I am thinking it may involve a nice artifact that would go well in our museum." The Dean responded.  

"Where are these agents now?" Sydney asked as she leaned forward with her elbows against her desk. 

"Your office. Apparently, they want to me with you privately so be kind and let me know what they want you to find." The Dean responded.

Sydney let out a sigh as the Dean had left her classroom. She stood up over her desk and glanced at her email once again. She muttered something under her breath while picking up the old dusty books that were sprawled out on her desk. Sydney made her way toward her office. There were several students that tried to stop her and ask her questions about their upcoming assignments, but she told them that she was late for a meeting. She handed the books off to her teaching assistant. Sydney walked up to the door of her office, and walked into her office with much confidence.

The agents were sitting in the chairs in front of her desk. They stood up to greet her while Sydney walked behind her desk to sit back in her chair. One of the men has a briefcase and the other had a computer bag. One of the men was older and seemed to be a seasoned agent while the other looked a bit younger as if he was fresh on the job. The seasoned agent had some wrinkles around his dark eyes and he gave off a look that would seem as if he had seen some of the worst of mankind. The younger agent had a confidence and optimism about him that would appear he had much to learn from the seasoned agent.

"What can I do for the Central Intelligence Agency?" Sydney asked with a smirk.

"We recently received Intel that there is an archeological dig that is searching for a weapon of some kind." The younger agent said while pulling the computer out of his bag.

"What kind of weapon?" Sydney asked while leaning forward on her desk. 

"We are not sure." The younger agent said while trying to get his computer to work.

Sydney could see the frustration on the younger agent's face as he was having issues with his device. With the corner of her eye, she saw the senior agent give off a frustrated look. The senior agent opened up his briefcase and threw a folder on Sydney's desk. 

"We believe it is for an idol of some kind. There is a group that we have on our watch list that is trying to obtain it." The senior agent said with a gravelly voice.

Sydney looked through the folder and studied the case file. She was aware of the culture in the area and had some knowledge or the groups that existed at the time of this idol. She even had some idea of the legend surrounding the idol itself. 

"You said you received intel?" Sydney asked while she continued to look through the file.

"Yes... But that is classified." The younger agent said with a shaken voice as he threw his computer back into the bag.

"What can you tell us about the idol?" The senior agent asked with that same gravelly voice.

"Not much more than you probably already know. Legend says that it caused death to all that were exposed to it. It was so dangerous that the people at the time had hidden it from the world. It has never been seen since and nobody has tried searching for it." Sydney responded while closing the folder.

"Until now." The senior agent said.

"We believe that this group is close to finding this idol. We do not know when or where. Right now; we have ideas but with everything going on in the world and our relations with other countries..." The junior agent said before being interrupted.

"You thought a relic hunter would be able to help you in finding it first." Sydney said.

"Or at least stopping those bastards from getting to it." The senior agent said with a gruff voice. 

"I will need a flight for two." Sydney said with a smirk.

The flight was long and her new teaching assistant had many complaints about the turbulence that they had endured. Her new assistant had often heard the stories about Sydney's many adventures with her previous teaching assistants and had his hesitations about coming with her. He was nervous about what they may face when they arrived. The landing was as smooth as could be expected and they met with one of Sydney's old acquaintances. The acquaintance was a thin man with an unbutton shirt and a sweat stained undershirt. He had a large smile with pearly white teeth. His arms extended out wide and gave Sydney a large bear hug. They spoke for a brief moment and then the man led them to his rusted-out jeep. It took a moment for the jeep to crank, but with a loud boom it roared to life. 

The drive lasted about an hour and it was far more rough than the plane. They drove upon a small village, and Sydney was entertained by the children that ran up to the vehicle. The teaching assistant made a remark that it had much fewer hostile looking people than he had expected. Sydney assured him that this was not the village that was taken over by outsiders, but they would be meeting the informant there. As they walked through the village and greeted the many different people, Sydney saw the informant at the corner of the village. He was pale man with a hooked nose. She recognized him as a fellow archeologist from articles that he had published online. When he set his eyes on her, he was taken aback.

"Dr. Sydney Fox, I presume?" The archeologist asked with a puzzled look.

"The one and only." Syndey responded 

"My apologies but you look identical to the antiques dealer that was hired to smuggle the idol of the country." The archeologist said.

"I do not know how I am supposed to take that." Sydney said with a confused look. 

"She is psychotic." He responded with an expressionless face.

"Why are you helping the CIA?" Sydney asked.

"They were paying me to search for a treasure. I'm an archeologist, not a terrorist. They are close to finding the idol and after that I fear that they will use it to kill millions." The man responded.

"Sometimes what is lost should never be found." Sydney said while reflecting on her lecture to her class.

Sydney told her teaching assistant to follow her friend. They were going to head out to the neighboring villages. The teaching assistant glanced at the rusted out jeep and then back at Sydney. He let out a sigh while rubbing the sweat from his face.

"Why must I go in that tetanus trap?" He asked with a grunt.

"If this terrorist group and this antiques smuggler has a small army, then we will need some back up." Sydney said with a smirk.

Sydney followed the archeologist in his truck. They drove for a short while through gravel paths and on broken trails through different forests. The truck started to slow down as they approached the village. Sydney could see the excavation site from a distance and saw the horrors that were being done to the people. She was disgusted by what was occurring as she saw the faces of the broken families. 

"How could you be apart of this?" Sydney asked as she glanced at the archeologist.

"Their paycheck was quite sizeable. I am not proud of this." He responded with a sigh.

They stopped outside the excavation site. He assured her that they were close and once it was obtained, it would be placed in one of the concealment containers that would prevent exposure. He thought they could take it from there. Before they could approach the container, several armed men surrounded both Sydney and the archeologist. With the corner of her eyes, Sydney saw the well dressed woman approaching.

"I am very disappointed that you called out for help. Our boss did not take too kindly to that, and you even brought a friend." Juno said as she walked up to Sydney.

Sydney and Juno looked at one another as if they were staring in a mirror. "You do not have to do this" Syndey muttered.

"Haha." Juno laughed. "You really think that is going to convince me otherwise. You really think that I care about this pitiful village or even what my employer is going to do with this idol... Not at all. I am getting paid a lot of money and that is all that matters."

"You are a psychotic damaged goods lady." Sydney hissed.

"Oh that is hurtful." Juno said while pulling out a pistol. "Unfortunately, I am not supposed to kill you just yet. We need to see what all you know."

Juno shot the pale archeologist with the hooked nose in the chest. He fell to the ground and struggled for life. Sydney tried to go to his aid but several men pulled her away.

"Don't worry, we found the idol!" Juno laughed. "Several of the men that found it came down with the sickness or curse. The legends are true. Almost a dozen died, pitty."

"You are insane!" Sydney screamed while struggled to break free from her captors. 

"No, my dear. I am not insane." Juno said with a smile and a piercing glare. "I am a very rich woman and with the idol being able to do what I can do. My employer is going to pay me more than you can ever imagine."

The archeologist slowly passed away. Juno looked down at the archeologist and then at her men. "Get her in the limo and get the idol in the truck! We are done here!" 

While the armed men loaded Sydney in the limousine, Juno followed close behind. Juno looked over the sachel that Sydney had with her. She looked over several tools and the crossbow. The limousine started and the line of vehicles headed toward an airfield. There was a small private jet that Juno led Syndey to at gun point. Juno glanced over at a cargo plane that was starting to roar to life. The idol was being loaded onto the cargo. While the plane was started, there was a loud noise coming from the jungles. Juno gazed out of the private plane and saw what appeared to be an army of villagers emerging from the trees.

"Get us in the air!" Juno screamed while watching the armed men engaging the armies of villagers. 

The cargo plane started its lift off followed by the private plane. In the chaos, Sydney realized that Juno's men were left behind in the battle against the villagers. Juno was scrambling in the private plane, trying to see what she could do to get the plane out of the country undetected. In the distraction, Sydney jumped for her sachel and retrieved her crossbow. Juno quickly spun around to aim her pistol at Sydney, but Sydney had taken cover. Juno realized that Sydney was now armed and ready for a battle.

6 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

This was done in a rumble maybe a year ago. Good that we can get this matchup on record.

Being that this is pretty much a direct confrontation, Sydney conquers rather easily.

I think I do remember the rumble a while back. I thought it would make for an interesting set up and giving them a record match against one another

Another great set-up, Boratz. Battle of the Carerres! :D Sorry I missed your last one, BTW.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:58 PM, leroypowell3 said:

This was done in a rumble maybe a year ago. Good that we can get this matchup on record.

Heh, it actually just back in February. And yeah, both that Rumble and this match feel like adventures that both Sydney and Juno would definitely be in on. As for the match, I'll join the consensus that Sydney should probably win this one almost easily, especially since Juno is essentially on her own.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Yeah I did the rumble last year because I wasn't inspired enough to do a proper set-up. Boratz, I am so glad you were so it can be official, and you did a great job

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Boratz. Battle of the Carerres! :D Sorry I missed your last one, BTW.

Heh, it actually just back in February. And yeah, both that Rumble and this match feel like adventures that both Sydney and Juno would definitely be in on. As for the match, I'll join the consensus that Sydney should probably win this one almost easily, especially since Juno is essentially on her own.

Thanks guys!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - Mercenaryblade
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.80 - DSkillz
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.40 Total Combined Score