Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18094 Crimson Viper vs. Ayane

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 190

Urien-Sept-23-Cap-Ann.jpg.5732d49aecbf9669e9470e2237b977c6.jpg

After she hung up with Zack (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. M. BISON), Helena Douglas was immediately approached on the bridge of the Freedom Survivor by head of DOATEC security, El Blaze.

“You need to come see this,”  he said.

Helena followed El Blaze to the conference room. Tina Armstrong was on the big screen.

“Hey honey, do I have a great surprise for you,” Tina announced. “I would like to say that your girl came through in the clutch, but the truth is she found us not the other way around.”

“Tina, what are you talking about?” Helena wondered.

“I’m just going to patch you through and you’ll see for yourself,” Tina responded.

Tina disappeared from the screen and in her place was one of the last people Helena expected to see on her screen.

Helena gasped. “Kolin?”

“Yes, it is me. I heard from a little blonde one eyed birdie that  people were asking about the Secret Society. (REF: ARMOR KING VS. ZANGIEF) I have been directed to provide the information you seek,” Kolin explained. “Yes, the hunt for the legendary Soul Edge was put in motion by Urien. He spread stories of its legend through the ranks of the Mishima Zaibatsu, G Corporation, and MIST simultaneously. Their collective lust for power made the move an obvious one to achieve his goal.”

“How could he be sure which one would get the sword?” asked Helena.

“He couldn’t be. Whoever ended up with Soul Edge was inconsequential to Urien because obtaining Soul Edge wasn’t his goal,” Kolin answered. “The chaos caused by the quest was the goal. A world in unplanned ruin would make the true leader of the Secret Society look weak in the eyes of its members for being unable to stop or control it. That was the only outcome Urien was focused on. So, his attention was then focused on removing any obstacles that could possibly prevent this outcome. He sent killers after those whom he saw as a potential threat to the plan. (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE) When that didn’t work he switched tactics by targeting loved ones and close friends of potential threats to keep them occupied. (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN) He targeted Dhalsim (REF: DHALSIM VS. VOLDO) because he knew at some point Ryu could become involved and if he fell under the power of the Satsui No Hado, he wanted to remove Dhalsim as an ally to help Ryu fight the darkness as he had in the past. Urien manipulated devout followers of Soul Edge and local crime bosses (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. TIRA) to help him keep the pure form of Bison’s Psycho Power, Rose, distracted. (REF: ANDY BOGARD VS. GUY) When he heard you were pulling together fighters to stop this event from happening (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI), he blackmailed a luchador chef (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE) and gathered the followers of Orochi to take you down.” (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

“Reviving Orochi was part of his plan as well?” Helena wondered. (REF: RYU VS. OROCHI)

“If that was part of his original plan, he did not divulge that to his brother. However, he did admit that the possibility was exciting to him as it would only add to the utter chaos that would be laid at Gill’s feet. He placed me with Iori Yagami to keep an eye on him (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH) and most likely wanted me to stop him should he try to destroy the Orochi Hakkeshu again.”

“Why are you telling us all of this?” Helena inquired.

“As I stated, I was directed by the one true leader of the Secret Society to give out this information to those who need it to better understand the problems created by Urien’s jealousy of his brother. Speaking of which, you need not worry about Urien paying for his hubris. He was already humiliated in battle by another member of the Society. Algol. (REF: URIEN VS. ALGOL) Turns out Algol has a strong connection to Soul Edge and sniffed out Urien’s plot before anyone else. Currently, Urien is in Society custody until a proper punishment can be decided,” Kolin informed.

“After all the pain and suffering he caused, that is not good enough,” Helena exclaimed.’

“This decision does not require your approval,” Kolin retorted. “Urien is still Gill’s brother and beyond any of your primitive legal systems. I have given you the truth that you sought and as of this moment, the Secret Society is washing its hands of this mess. Anything beyond this point will not be done because of interference from us. You know the players involved, it is up to you to stop them.”

Helena Douglas was unsure of how to respond.

Kolin ended the conversation with a backhanded compliment. “Things are getting intense. Good luck out there. After having witnessed Hitomi in her fight with Ken Masters (REF: HITOMI VS. KEN MASTERS), I have a little more faith in you and your team then I would have had before.”

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1867397889_warlogos.jpg.2d17330e7d6a974170b1d8bc5a7f86ac.jpg

Just below the rooftop of the G Corporation Millenium Tower, Crimson Viper left Jin Kazama to fight the mysterious ninja who blew up their helicopter (REF: RYU HAYABUSA VS. JIN KAZAMA) and ran down a flight of stairs with a small contingent of Tekken Force soldiers.

“Our target is the G Corporation Science Division!” Viper declared.

As soon as they exited the stairwell, they were immediately ambushed by G Corporation’s security. Then a few members of the Mugen Tenshin clan entered the fray much to Crimson Viper’s dismay. She knocked a Mugen Tenshin ninja back with a fiery cross kick as soon as he landed, then turned and electrocuted a G Corporation security officer with a punch from her electric gloves. The area descended into a cloud of fists, bullets, and shuriken. It quickly became clear to Crimson Viper that if she wanted to reach the labs, it would be best to move independently and thus more discreetly. 

“Hold them off!” she shouted.

Viper charged up one of her gloves and punched the ground, creating a large electrical discharge that knocked away anyone in her immediate vicinity. She then used this opportunity to detach herself from the three-way brawl. Viper kicked through a nearby window and raced down an adjacent hallway. Jin’s spies within G Corporation had given them detailed intel on the location of the labs, but still the Millenium Tower was a bit of a maze.

Crimson Viper was convinced that if she could take the Soul Edge shards from Kazuya, find out how he had weaponized them, and cripple his operation in the process, that it would be the final straw in gaining Jin Kazama’s full trust. To this point, the subject of her investigation continued to keep her at arm's length. This despite the fact that she had done so much for him already including locating and returning the android Alisa Bosconovich (REF: VANESSA VS. CRIMSON VIPER), defeating the obnoxious himbo model, Benimaru Nikaido, in an electric duel (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER), taking down one of Kazuya’s top lieutenants, Bruce Irvin (REF: BRUCE IRVIN VS. CRIMSON VIPER), and even fighting alongside Jin against his own kin. (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. CRIMSON VIPER) If Viper completed this last mission there would be no way Jin would keep her on the outside.

Crimson Viper’s mind switched gears as she snuck past Kazuya Mishima’s office. She looked inside and saw him exchanging blows with a brunette ninja, most likely from the Mugen Tenshin clan, although she was attired completely different.  (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA) The kunoichi was very fast and would disappear and reappear in an explosion of cherry blossoms, avoiding Kazuya’s kicks and attacking him from multiple angles. Viper wondered if she was about to witness the downfall of the powerful CEO of G Corporation. Suddenly, Kazuya grabbed the leg of the kunoichi and yanked her over his head and smashed her into the ground. He then tagged her with a Twin Pistons double uppercut, jumped in the air, grabbed her by the face, and slammed her into the ground with his Heaven’s door technique. He hit the move with such velocity and momentum that his opponent bounced off the ground and Kazuya continued his assault. To her credit, the kunoichi, Kasumi, side stepped Kazuya’s front kick and the two traded strikes.

Viper marveled a little at Kazuya’s strength and thinking back on Jin’s fight against Sogetsu (REF: AYANE VS. SHIKI), it was hard to not be impressed by the Mishima Bloodline’s fighting prowess, as twisted as they were. She certainly wanted no part of Jin’s Devil form if she could avoid it, and the same was probably true of Kazuya’s demonic transformation. Still, Viper had a job to complete so she could not waste time watching more of this fight.

The yellow sunglasses-wearing undercover agent continued her trek to the science floor of the Millenium Tower. When she arrived she entered into another unexpected and surprising scene. Viper’s eyes immediately spotted the purple haired kunoichi who she recognized from the Mishima Zaibatsu security feed from when she infiltrated the building, stole the shards that Jin had collected, and then put a beatdown on Nina Williams.  (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS) It was thought that perhaps the thief was on Kazuya’s payroll after she had also made quick work of the eccentric military leader, Rolento, who had been brought in by Jin.  (REF: AYANE VS. ROLENTO) As Crimson Viper witnessed Ayane twirl and spin around the lab, flipping over scientists and blowing away G Corporation security with purple ki blasts, it was clear that that possibility was untrue. Crimson Viper smiled. Capturing the one responsible for Jin Kazama’s initial setback would place her even more in his good graces. Viper would have to move quickly though as only one security officer remained standing between Ayane and the large glass cylinder containing the Soul Edge shards.

Ayane knocked the gun from the security guard’s hands, she then kicked him across the face and performed a handstand helicopter kick. She grabbed the arm of the reeling officer and pulled him close so that she could hit him with a backward flip kick and use his face as a launching pad. Ayane twirled in the air as he fell to the ground and she landed facing Crimson Viper.

“Quite the flashy moves you got there,” Crimson Viper remarked.

“You don’t look like any of the others. Who are you?” Ayane asked.

“I’m the one who is going to be taking those shards,” Viper answered.

“The hell you are. I am taking them before Kazuya causes any more damage with them,” Ayane declared.

“First the Mishima Zaibatsu and now here. Aren’t you being a little greedy with your collection?” Viper teased.

“Whatever, Just stay out of my way,” Ayane warned.

“Not an option,” Crimson Viper pulled on her gloves and they sparked with electricity. “Because I am also here to collect you as well.”

Ayane’s expression remained unimpressed. “Go away. Unless you want to get hurt.”

Viper adjusted her glasses. “I am always up for a good tussle.”

Another good set-up, Johnny. A bit heavier on exposition than previous matches, but it all seemed pretty neccessary and it was all well-done. 

As for the match, while C. Viper is a very good fighter in her own right and has that tech and experience, Ayane just may be too powerful for her, at least from what I've looked up on both fighters. Viper's probably gonna make Ayane work, but I have a feeling that Viper would probably be the type to cut and run once she starts to see how powerful Ayane is and starts to get overwhelmed.