MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 18018 Angel (King Of Fighters) vs. Zangief

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 178

sophitiatakiseong.jpg.533c7d318386da6c6310715e20417d4a.jpg

Baiken swung her katana downward toward Sophitia at a 90 degree angle, but the slash was blocked by Sophitia’s Elk Shield. (REF: BAIKEN VS. SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA) Sophitia then countered with an upward slash of her own that lifted Baiken into the air. The Greek warrior followed this by thrusting her Omega Sword at the falling samurai and stabbing her in the side. Baiken groaned in pain as she hit the ground. She quickly fired her sleeve cannon at Sophitia to give herself time to recover. Sophitia ducked the projectile. Baiken fired her grappling hook next which knocked the Oak Shield out of Sophitia’s hand and pulled the ancient fighter in close to Baiken. The two women clashed swords and attempted to overpower one another.

Baiken was caught off guard when Sophitia proved herself to be the stronger of the two and with the superior weapon. Sophitia knocked the katana out of Baiken’s hand and floored the eye-patched fighter with a high kick.

“I will never falter,” Sophitia declared.

Sophitia channeled her energy and a blue hue appeared on the Omega Sword. She landed several more strikes on the backpedaling Baiken. 

“Tatami Gaeshi!”

Baiken attempted to stop the offensive onslaught by summoning a Tatami mat from the sky to strike Sophitia. However, Sophitia was one step ahead and back stepped away from the counter. 

“By the gods!” Sophitia called to the sky and a lightning bolt struck her sword. She redirected the bolt at Baiken and put down the samurai for good.

“Fate has deemed you unworthy of challenging Soul Edge,” stated Sophitia. 

“Sophitia!”

The blonde braided warrior turned to her left and saw two faces she hadn’t seen in decades approaching her, her old allise, Seong Mi-Na and Taki.

“What are you two doing here?” asked Sophitia.

“We could ask you the same thing,” Taki responded.

“We came here looking for Mitsurugi. We did not expect to find you,” Seong Mi-Na added. (REF: HWANG VS. GUY)

“I also came here initially in search of Mitsurugi,” Sophitia informed. “My hunch is we all were searching for him for the same reason.”

Taki clenched her fist. “Soul Edge!”

“It is already affecting people all over the world again. I have seen it for myself. If it gets in the wrong hands, we will return to the age of darkness. We don’t have much time,” Sophitia forewarned.

“I know. That’s why we came. Much has happened. We made some new allies, although it didn’t start that way,” Seong Mi-Na admitted. “It is a long story.” (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI)

“The short of it is there are new world heroes already in opposition of Soul Edge. It has become clear if we want to stop the Evil Seed from spreading once more we need to work with these new heroes and not against them,” stated Taki.

“Yes. I too have already been working alongside some current day warriors. (REF: NiCO vs. SOGETSU KAZAMA) Although thinking about it now and reflecting on recent fights I have had, (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. UNKNOWN) I am left to wonder if any of them are truly strong enough to face the challenge ahead,” said Sophitia.

“A new age warrior looks after Soul Edge at this very moment,” Taki reported.

Sophitia was incredulous. “What?”

Seong Mi-Na cut in. “It’s true. His name is Ryu Hayabusa of the Hayabusa Clan. He defeated Yoshimitsu.  (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA) He, the shrine maiden, along with their allies in the Mugen Tenshin are some of the strongest fighters I have come across in centuries.” (REF: SEONG MI-NA VS. MOMIJI)

“They were better than us,” Taki admitted bitterly. (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)

“They also beat Xianghua. She isn’t with us right now because she elected to go after Hwang to stop him from trying to stop the new heroes,” Seong Mi-Na explained.

Sophitia sighed. “That is a lot to take in.”

Taki pointed at Baiken. “Who is that?”

“If she is to be believed, a fighter from another world also in pursuit of Soul Edge,” answered Sophitia.

Seong Mi-Na marveled, “Wow. It really is like the old days.”

Sophitia pondered the information she had received from Taki and Seong Mi-Na. “I want to meet this Ryu Hayabusa. Just because he defeated Yoshimitsu doesn’t mean he is the right person to be overseeing the most dangerous weapon in the world. Can you take me there?”

Seong Mi-Na nodded.

“What about Mitsurugi and this one armed woman?” asked Taki.

“She bested Mitsurugi in battle. (REF: BAIKEN VS. HEISHIRO MITSURUGI) You know him well, Taki, there is no way he still has the confidence or the desire to be of help to us now. As for her, if her real mission is to simply return home perhaps we can help her with that when this is over. I have met people with access to amazing science magic. However, we can’t afford to let her interfere before then. Can you keep an eye on her, Taki?”

The Fu-Ma ninja begrudgingly agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54489550_angelvs.zangief.jpg.20e0df5bf0504179df05a6eb1293eb41.jpg

G-Corporation drone cameras buzzed around the battlefields near the G-Corporation building broadcasting them to the tv screens inside Kazuya’s office in the Millenium Tower. Currently, Kazuya watched with amusement as in one location a malfested Mai Shiranui battled Yoga Master, Dhalsim (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. DHALSIM) and, in another location close by fiend hunter, Rachel, waged war with tomb guardian, Zafina. (REF: RACHEL VS. ZAFINA) Kazuya’s top mercenary for hire, Angel, stood behind him with her arms folded. She silently judged the fighting techniques of everyone on screen while also commenting on their sartorial choices. (REF: ANGEL VS. IVY VALENTINE)

“That leather outfit the blonde with the warhammer is sporting is really hot,” she noted. “I bet I could rock it.”

Kazuya did not respond to this observation.

“Do you have any idea who she is?” Angel asked.

Kazuya shook his head no. “The allure of Soul Edge has brought us warriors from all over the globe in all shapes and sizes."

Angel pointed at the screen with Dhalsim on it as he stretched his arms a great length to hit Mai. “Yeah, no kidding.” 

Kazuya turned his swivel chair to face the science department of the building. “The important thing is that the experiment was a success. Even small shards of the sword contained enough power to turn those would be saviors against one another. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. MAI SHIRANUI) Just imagine the kind of power I will wield once the sword itself is mine.”

“Once all the fighting is done out there, you want me to clean up whatever is left?” Angel asked.

“Yes,” Kazuya confirmed.

Without warning, several alarms rang throughout Millenium Tower. Kazuya quickly turned one of the TVs in his office to a security feed toward the front of the building. He and Angel witnessed a large, muscular, Russian tearing through G-Corporation soldiers like paper mache.

“Angel! Are you here?” Zangief shouted. “Someone show her to me!” Zangief grabbed a soldier by his helmet and smashed him into a pillar. “I will not leave until she is brought to me.” (REF: CHUN-LI VS. RACHEL)

Kazuya lifted an eyebrow. “What is the meaning of this?”

“I have no idea. I will take care of it.”

Angel exited Kazuya’s office and made her way downstairs to the front lobby. She wondered why the most famous wrestler in the world had come all this way to look for her. She figured Ramon and King of Dinosaurs had put him up to it as a way to convince her to team with them again. It would be a nice gesture, if a bit desperate. Angel just hoped it wouldn’t jeopardize her current gig with Kazuya.

Angel exited the elevator just in time to see Zangief throw a couch at a fallen G-Corporation soldier. She quickly intervened and effortlessly smacked aside the airborne couch with her immense strength. Zangief’s eyes bulged at the sight of her.

Zangief pointed a finger at Angel. “You are her. The one called Angel!”

Angel smiled and posed. “The one and only.”

“How is it possible that someone with a build like yours could put sweet Mika in the hospital?” Zangief demanded. (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA) “You lack maximum muscle definition.”

“Oh, she is why you are here?” Angel frowned. “How disappointing.” Her frown turned into a smile. “It wasn’t personal, just business. (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG) But, to answer your question, I owe it all to the cybernetic enhancements granted me by my previous employer, the NESTS cartel. Because of their enhancements I can be really strong while still looking super cute!”

“Whatever the reason, I will make you regret hurting her,” Zangief promised. 

Angel placed her index fingers next to head to form horns and taunted Zangief. “Doubtful old man, I am out of your league in more ways than one. I know all of your moves. One of my former teammates was a big fan. I will put you out to pasture no problem.”

“Svolach! The Red Cyclone is ageless,” Zangief insisted.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:10 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Hard for me to vote against Zangief and I won't be doing it here. 

Thanks for the comments. This is the fight @DSkillz has alluded to a few times now that is finally here. Hopefully he can get to it in time. Zangief is impressive but can he overcome Angel's cybernetic enhancements.

Tournament summary for combatants

Angel has defeated R. Mika (Street Fighter) in Round 1, Julia Chang (Tekken) in Round 2, and Ivy Valentine (Soul Calibur) in Round 3

Zangief has defeated Chang Koehan (King of Fighters) in Round 1, Maxima (King of Fighters) in Round 2, and Armor King (Tekken) in Round 3

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Thanks for the comments. This is the fight @DSkillz has alluded to a few times now that is finally here. Hopefully he can get to it in time. Zangief is impressive but can he overcome Angel's cybernetic enhancements.

Tournament summary for combatants

Angel has defeated R. Mika (Street Fighter) in Round 1, Julia Chang (Tekken) in Round 2, and Ivy Valentine (Soul Calibur) in Round 3

Zangief has defeated Chang Koehan (King of Fighters) in Round 1, Maxima (King of Fighters) in Round 2, and Armor King (Tekken) in Round 3

Pretty impressive wins for Angel.

Another good set-up, Johnny. I'd have to think Sophitia and Ryu would make a pretty powerful duo. 

As for the match, ... Zangief finally catches up to Angel! :D 

This could be a tough one. Angel looks pretty tough, but Zangief already beat a cybernetically-enhanced fighter in Maxima that might be on her level. Will have to think on this one.