Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 17928 Chun-Li vs. Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 167

zangieffight.jpg.daa0df317a45ea33bec4cfdcdebdb6f1.jpg

Inside a mostly empty bar in Mexico, the proud wrestlers, Armor King and Zangief, wrestled in front of a drunkenly amused secret agent/luchador, Ramon, and the horrified but also secretly enthralled Tina Armstrong. (REF: ARMOR KING VS. ZANGIEF) Armor King knocked back the muscular Zangief with a jumping front kick, followed with an uppercut, then jumped in the air and grabbed the Russian from his back and slammed him into the ground. Zangief was impressed by his opponent’s combination of strength and agility. However, this was no time for admiration. Not when he needed the location of the one responsible for putting R. Mika in the hospital. (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA)

Zangief rolled away from Armor King and then delivered a low crouching kick to the jaguar masked wrestler. Zangief stood up and spun around, smashing into Armor King with his Double Lariat spinning clothesline. The force from the move sent Armor King careening into a nearby pool table. Armor King growled as he returned to his feet, yet the growl was cut short by a dropkick delivered by Zangief straight into Armor King’s face. Now clearly on the offensive, Zangief believed he would have a moment to catch his breath after that combo of moves. Undeterred, Armor King came back at him strong with a cartwheel back elbow that hit its target. Zangief stretched out his arms for another Double Lariat, but this time Armor King ducked under the maneuver and grabbed Zangief, lifted him in the air, and slammed him into the ground with a Death Valley Driver. Armor King wanted to follow up with a massive powerbomb. He picked up Zangief off the ground and put him in position. Zangief quickly grabbed Armor King’s legs and reversed the move. Before Armor King knew how to react, he was being held upside down close to Zangief’s body.

“Spinning Piledriver!!”

Zangief jumped into the air, spun around, and drove Armor King hard into the ground. Shockwaves from the powerful slam knocked over barstools and even Tina had to crack a smile. Even though Armor King was her ally and she was pulling for him, she was always amazed and endlessly impressed viewing Zangief’s signature move in person. 

Armor King did not get back up. Zangief lifted his arms in victory and immediately pointed an accusatory finger at Ramon.

“I have won your impromptu match now tell me what I want to know!!”

Ramon put up his hands in an appeasement gesture. “Ok, Ok big guy, you win. You’ve earned the information. And to be honest, I don’t want you to do to me what you just did to him. Even just the spinning would be too much for me right now.”

“Where is Angel?”

Ramon sighed. “We had worked so hard on a babyface turn for her, but the allure of a good paycheck was too much for her.” Ramon paused for a moment. “She started working for Kazuya Msihima and the G Corporation a few months back. (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG) If she did something to cross you it was most likely at his behest. If you want to find her, the best place to start is the G Corporation building.”  (REF: ASH CRIMSON VS. NECALLI)

“I will depart at once,” Zangief declared.

“Just be careful, big guy,” Ramon warned. “Looks can be deceiving. Angel is incredibly strong due to the enhancements she got when she worked with NESTS. Don’t be surprised if she folds you up like an accordion.”

Zangief scoffed. “Zangief is not afraid of any enhanced individuals. (REF: ZANGIEF VS. MAXIMA) She is the one that needs to be afraid!”

Zangief left the bar without another word. Tina walked over to Armor King to try and help him back on his feet.

Ramon looked over at her fondly. “No hard feelings, yeah?”

“This isn’t a game, Ramon. We are trying to do some real good guy stuff,” Tina chided. “The world is in danger,” 

Ramon chuckled. “Like I told you before and take it from a man who works in the business, the world is always in danger. Whatever you are up against today, there will be another equally dangerous threat tomorrow.”

Tina shook her head in disappointment as she eased Armor King onto a chair. Suddenly, an idea struck her and she decided to change her approach. She walked over to Ramon and wrapped her arms around him in a very flirtatious manner.

“I know Armor King lost, but are you sure we can’t work out some other kind of arrangement. We have had fun in the past, right? We can have some fun again once we save the world.” 

Ramon viewed her skeptically. “Do you think I am too drunk to see right through this? Well, I am not…. However I am too drunk to care. And hey, I am still a good guy too, just wanting to do what’s right.” Ramon then shrugged. “But also I’m a huge wrestling fan and I wanted to see a cool match.”

“So you’re still going to help us out?” Tina inquired.

“I’m always willing to help you out, beautiful. The Secret Society is a hard nut to crack, and they have operatives everywhere. How else would they have been able to run this shadowy organization for so long, right? Getting to either of the brothers is really hard unless they want you to find them. However, there is another prominent figure that pops up a lot more frequently. If the Secret Society is plotting something, my money is on her knowing something about it.”

Ramon skimmed through the photos on the phone.

“You have a picture of her?” asked Tina.

“I have pictures of all the gorgeous women I have come across,” Ramon responded.

He then turned the phone around and displayed a picture of a blonde woman with an asymmetrical updo hairstyle in a dark colored ladies suit.

“Her name is Kolin, sometimes she goes by Helen,” Ramon continued.  (REF: KOLIN VS. LIEN NEVILLE) “I bet if Helena Douglas properly utilizes her DOATEC resources she can track her down. She is a direct link to Gill, probably Urien too.”

Tina kissed Ramon on the cheek. “Thank you sweetie.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rachel.jpg.691b74dcef1164469c34ffbc68d5dc76.jpg

Rachel arrived in Tokyo, along with the demon that was possessing her body, in search of Soul Edge. (REF: NYOTENGU VS. ELIZA) Just which entity was manipulating and controlling the other was debatable.

“We are getting close to Soul Edge, I can feel it. The moment we have been waiting for is almost at hand,” the demon announced.

“Are you sure?” questioned Rachel.

“Yes. I can’t feel the sword itself, but its presence is very much here.  Can't you feel your blood stirring? We can follow the trail of influence to its source. I’m sure of it,” the demon insisted.

Rachel smiled to herself.

“Wait, why are we walking this way? The remnants of Soul Edge aren’t as strong in this direction. We should be going the other way toward the G Corporation building,” the demon informed. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. MAI SHIRANUI)

“You are a foolish demon if you thought I was going to take all of my direction from you,” whispered Rachel. “We are doing this my way.”

Rachel approached the entrance of a hospital where she could feel the faint presence of Soul Edge. Inside the hospital, a couple or orderlies moved a recently admitted patient to her bed with a bit of trepidation.

“You don’t think we may be exposing ourselves to some type of disease do you?” asked one of the orderlies.

“Why would you say that?” wondered the other orderly.

“She was wrapped in a long cloth at that restaurant. Must have been a reason.” (REF: ROSE VS. ZAFINA)

The other orderly scoffed. “The paramedics checked her on the scene and nothing was detected. Besides, you saw that viral video of the fight going on there. (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM) They are probably involved in some strange customs and superstitions.”

Inside the hospital entrance, Rachel walked with purpose toward her goal. Her tall stature, revealing black leather outfit, and body length weapon immediately grabbed the attention of everyone inside and hospital security tried in vain to stop her progress.

“I’m sorry ma’am, you can’t just walk through these doors, and you definitely can’t be in here with a weapon like that.”

“Out of my way, human. I am in a bit of a hurry,” Rachel growled.

The security guard slowly grabbed for his gun, but was quickly dispatched by Rachel when she lifted him into the air and smashed him against the wall. She then pushed through the double doors in front of her.

“If it was your plan to come here instead of G Corporation, then perhaps you should have changed into some civilian clothes first and bring less attention to yourself,” suggested the demon possessing Rachel.

“Be silent. The quicker I get you out of my body and destroyed like the rotten demon you are, the better!”

Rachel opened the door of a hospital room and caught a good view of an orderly savagely beating another orderly. The violent hospital worker’s eyes were tinted orange.

“The malfested,” the demon remarked. “Is this what you were looking for?”

The infested orderly charged at Rachel. She kept him at bay by lifting her leg and trapping him against the wall with her boot and then bashed him in the face with the butt of her War Hammer.

“I only need to talk to the source.”

Rachel turned her attention to the body of Katarina Alves which lay sedated and motionless on the hospital bed.

“Stop right there!” an Interpol agent called out. “Turn and face me and drop your weapon… or we will shoot.”

Rachel twisted her head slightly at the right to see the two Interpol agents standing by the doorway with their guns drawn.

“Reckless humans, unless you want to share the fate of these two sad souls here, you will leave me to my business.”

Although she was referring to them possibly becoming malfested due to exposure, the two agents took it as a personal threat and reacted accordingly.

In a different hospital room not far away, Chun-Li was grilling the monk assassin for hire, Lei Fei, about his recent revelation. (REF: SHIKI VS. YANG)

“What do you mean Yang is also a target?”

“Exactly what I said. His name is also on the list. Both brothers were. I am a bit surprised that no one has reached him yet,” explained Lei Fei. “Then again not everyone is as quick and efficient as I am.”

Lei Fei bragging about the murder of her close friend made Chun-Li’s blood boil. She wanted to savagely beat on the injured killer, but a loud commotion from outside in the hallway startled her. She peeked out the door and heard the familiar shouts of her Interpol colleagues. Immediate dread settled in as she feared that someone was targeting Yang at this moment.

Chun-Li quickly returned to Lei Fei’s bed and pulled out her handcuffs. She cuffed him to the bed.

“Hey what are you doing?” he complained.

“Making sure you don’t get any ideas of going anywhere until I can take care of this.” she stated.

“You can’t save them all,” Lei Fei taunted as Chun-Li exited the room.

Chun-Li followed the shouts of her co-workers until it was suddenly and mysteriously quiet. She found both Interpol agents slumped against the wall and a statuesque blonde with pale skin and a menacing expression standing above them.

“Who are you and what have you done to my friends?” Chun-Li demanded.

“My name is Rachel, I am a fiend and demon hunter. I warned them not to interfere. They only have themselves to blame. My patience is wearing thin and I will not hold back any longer if any more of you choose to get in my way. I am taking the woman with me so she can give me the answers that I seek.” (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES)

Chun-Li stepped into her fighting stance. “I don’t respond well to threats. Never have, never will.”

Gonna go with Rachel on account that she's legit superhuman because of the Fiend blood which runs through her veins, and because of that she's baseline stronger than Chun-Li.

Also, she faces demonic entities on a nightly basis where as Chun-Li faces Shadowloo underlings and Bison on occasion.

Rachel's got this.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, RakaiThwei said:

Gonna go with Rachel on account that she's legit superhuman because of the Fiend blood which runs through her veins, and because of that she's baseline stronger than Chun-Li.

Also, she faces demonic entities on a nightly basis where as Chun-Li faces Shadowloo underlings and Bison on occasion.

Rachel's got this.

Okay. convinced me.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, RakaiThwei said:

Rachel's got this.

Well by scaling to Bison and Ryu Chun Li is herself legit superhuman. Both Bison and Ryu subsonic speed blitzers who casually catch and dodge bullets and who launch energy beams that can destroy large buildings and entire islands. And Chun Li herself is physically strong enough to kick down a large metal door and her kikosho is powerful enough to stop a speeding car in it’s tracks.

Sorry if this is last minute but I’m just saying that by most accounts Chun Li feats are very superhuman and she’s had to fight and hold her own against characters like Bison and Ryu who are certainly comparable if not superior to the enemies that Rachel faces.

36 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Well by scaling to Bison and Ryu Chun Li is herself legit superhuman. Both Bison and Ryu subsonic speed blitzers who casually catch and dodge bullets and who launch energy beams that can destroy large buildings and entire islands. And Chun Li herself is physically strong enough to kick down a large metal door and her kikosho is powerful enough to stop a speeding car in it’s tracks.

Sorry if this is last minute but I’m just saying that by most accounts Chun Li feats are very superhuman and she’s had to fight and hold her own against characters like Bison and Ryu who are certainly comparable if not superior to the enemies that Rachel faces.

All of those points are very true and all, and while Chun-Li is superhuman because of her training and conditioning, Rachel is still baseline superhuman because of her demonic heritage because of her Fiend heritage. She uses these abilities as seen in the Ninja Gaiden and DOA games to fend off Fiends and other superhuman entities (more so in the Ninja Gaiden games than DOA, as her appearance in DOA is likely a side-character) but she also has access to some magic as seen in the Ninja Gaiden games which are known to destroy singular or multiple enemies.

But Rachel is also at the risk of losing control of her Fiend side, something which she emphasizes can happen. What can Rachel do if her Fiend side is unleashes? Well, we've sort of seen this happen with her twin sister, Alma, in the first Ninja Gaiden game. I would figure this would push Rachel's stats above Chun-Li's even further and this makes her exceptionally dangerous even for someone like Chun-Li.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Maybe Zangief will catch up with Angel just yet. :D 

As for the match, I think Chun-Li's quicker, but Rachel just might be more powerful overall. This might be a close fight with Rachel's powers giving her the edge, but they both may realize the misunderstanding before either of them gets seriously hurt. This may not happen in time to save Yang from at least getting hurt pretty badly, though. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.90 Total Combined Score
13.90 / 3 = 4.63 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Chun-Li: 2
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden): 5

Kind of a big win for Rachel here, especially considering she just beat the first lady of fighting games here and a CBUB contender who's amassed a good number of victories here. That's a major upset right there. Kind of like... a newbie Highlander Immortal taking and beheading a nine hundred year old veteran Immortal and claming their Quickening right there. Atta girl, Rachel!