Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Hulk at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Night

I generally think Doomsday's cap is above the Hulk's. Hulk does get stronger on the fly, but Doomsday's base is "killing Superman," and he has since gotten far more resistant to physical damage now than he was then. The biggest problem is that the Hulk isn't smart enough to come up with another strategy, and he lacks other ways to hurt Doomsday. Doomsday is most resistant to physical damage at this point, so a straight-forward brute who doesn't have magic, energy, etc., is going to have a really hard time killing him

I think Hulk just beats the shit out of Doomsday. Hulk these days, as of Immortal Hulk, is crazy strong, capable of bitching amped Thor and regenerating his body completely and totally. He can thunderclap to beat Thor-level enemies away.

I don't see a way for Doomsday to actually beat Hulk, whereas Hulk can beat Doomsday to death or submission.

I guess it's possible that Hulk could be told right before the match that Doomsday is trying to hurt Betty Ross. If that's the case, commence "Hulk SMASH stupid Spike-head man!!!"

Of course, this doesn't really affect the outcome one way or the other, but at least the fight would skip right to the entertaining part.

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Hulk vs Doomsday. Damn this’ll probably be a very close matchup, just like it’d be if they ever faced off in the comics, but I have to go all in on Doomsday and not just because he’s part of my team.

If we take both these titans of pure rage and strength at their absolute best (Hunter/Prey Doomsday and World Breaker Hulk) then I think big Doomy would win slightly more often then ole jolly green, maybe 6 outta 10 times. That’s because I believe Doomsday has Hulk beat in three main factors: speed, durability, and being just plain unkillable. 

Speed: Now I know what your thinking, Pizzaguy Doomy is just a lumbering brute, surely he doesn’t move anymore faster then fellow ungainly giant Hulk. But remember y’all Doomsday regularly brawls with super speedsters like Flash, Supes, and others and shows no trouble keeping up with them. Now one could argue that he’s more reacting to their speed rather then matching them, except that during said fights Doomy is able to blitz the heroes several times and they themselves react in surprise at how quick the big mass of muscle moves! In the first clip below we see Doomsday able to quickly grab and slam Guy Gardner to the ground so fast that Gardner (who as a Green Lantern should at least be able to react at Massively FTL+ speeds) outright says Doomsday was too fast for him to see! In the next clip below we Doomsday blitzing his way through five leaguers, including Supes, before any of them could dodge! Leading Supes (who can fly around the earth multiple times in under a second) to exclaim in shocking amazement “His speed—”. And in the final picture we see Booster Gold right before losing conscious say that Doomy has to be faster then Flash. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c9c9564f72c2113bbe072715abcc87e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aae170f5f0838ee3858ef917972b0b56.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.0dadd4c98bceab7e4383fcd2048e8074.jpeg

Durability: Don’t get me wrong, Hulk is one tough motherfucker, but even at his World Breaker iteration he’s not completely invincible. Those of us who read World War Hulk remember the iconic battle between Hulk and Sentry which ended in a technical draw when both fighters ultimately burned themselves out and reverted back to their civilian forms (granted Banner stayed awake while Reynolds passed out). This shows that as strong as World Breaker Hulk was, he had his limits and someone on Sentry’s level could wear him out and beat him through brute force. Meanwhile when Hunter/Prey Doomsday fought Supes and Wave Rider nothing they did could put Doomsday down and in fact they were forced to transport Doomy to the literal end of the universe because that was literally the only way to stop the spiney monster’s rampage! So as far as we know Hunter/Prey Doomsday is so strong not even Superman going all out could not find find his breaking point. World Breaker Hulk does have a breaking point: at Sentry’s level. 

Unkillable: As previously said Superman with Wave Rider could not kill Hunter/Prey Doomy, in fact I believe that version of Doomsday only met his death at the hands of Imperiex Prime, a universe destroyer! Cause at that point Doomsday had evolved to the point nothing else in the universe could kill him, especially not brute force as again seen in his rematch with Superman. Hulk is a tank no question about it, but as shown with his fight with Sentry and in his losses to Thor, Zeus, and even Superman during the DC/Marvel the Green Goliath is ultimately mortal even at his very best. 

So with Doomsday being faster, more durable, and just being too hard to kill, I see him ultimately taking this matchup. That’s my two cents.

14 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Hulk vs Doomsday. Damn this’ll probably be a very close matchup, just like it’d be if they ever faced off in the comics, but I have to go all in on Doomsday and not just because he’s part of my team.

If we take both these titans of pure rage and strength at their absolute best (Hunter/Prey Doomsday and World Breaker Hulk) then I think big Doomy would win slightly more often then ole jolly green, maybe 6 outta 10 times. That’s because I believe Doomsday has Hulk beat in three main factors: speed, durability, and being just plain unkillable. 

Speed: Now I know what your thinking, Pizzaguy Doomy is just a lumbering brute, surely he doesn’t move anymore faster then fellow ungainly giant Hulk. But remember y’all Doomsday regularly brawls with super speedsters like Flash, Supes, and others and shows no trouble keeping up with them. Now one could argue that he’s more reacting to their speed rather then matching them, except that during said fights Doomy is able to blitz the heroes several times and they themselves react in surprise at how quick the big mass of muscle moves! In the first clip below we see Doomsday able to quickly grab and slam Guy Gardner to the ground so fast that Gardner (who as a Green Lantern should at least be able to react at Massively FTL+ speeds) outright says Doomsday was too fast for him to see! In the next clip below we Doomsday blitzing his way through five leaguers, including Supes, before any of them could dodge! Leading Supes (who can fly around the earth multiple times in under a second) to exclaim in shocking amazement “His speed—”. And in the final picture we see Booster Gold right before losing conscious say that Doomy has to be faster then Flash. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c9c9564f72c2113bbe072715abcc87e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aae170f5f0838ee3858ef917972b0b56.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.0dadd4c98bceab7e4383fcd2048e8074.jpeg

Durability: Don’t get me wrong, Hulk is one tough motherfucker, but even at his World Breaker iteration he’s not completely invincible. Those of us who read World War Hulk remember the iconic battle between Hulk and Sentry which ended in a technical draw when both fighters ultimately burned themselves out and reverted back to their civilian forms (granted Banner stayed awake while Reynolds passed out). This shows that as strong as World Breaker Hulk was, he had his limits and someone on Sentry’s level could wear him out and beat him through brute force. Meanwhile when Hunter/Prey Doomsday fought Supes and Wave Rider nothing they did could put Doomsday down and in fact they were forced to transport Doomy to the literal end of the universe because that was literally the only way to stop the spiney monster’s rampage! So as far as we know Hunter/Prey Doomsday is so strong not even Superman going all out could not find find his breaking point. World Breaker Hulk does have a breaking point: at Sentry’s level. 

Unkillable: As previously said Superman with Wave Rider could not kill Hunter/Prey Doomy, in fact I believe that version of Doomsday only met his death at the hands of Imperiex Prime, a universe destroyer! Cause at that point Doomsday had evolved to the point nothing else in the universe could kill him, especially not brute force as again seen in his rematch with Superman. Hulk is a tank no question about it, but as shown with his fight with Sentry and in his losses to Thor, Zeus, and even Superman during the DC/Marvel the Green Goliath is ultimately mortal even at his very best. 

So with Doomsday being faster, more durable, and just being too hard to kill, I see him ultimately taking this matchup. That’s my two cents.

Wait Doomsday fought Supes and Waverider at the same time?