Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

12:8 - The Star Wars Fanatics vs. The Foot Clan

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 8

The Star Wars Fanatics

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Star Wars Fanatics at this Wiki
Official Site: The Weinstein Company

The Foot Clan

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Foot Clan at this Wiki
Official Site: Mirage Studios

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Arena Free For All

• Haha 1

The combo of the match-up and the terrain got a giggle out of me. :D You have thus earned your 35th like, UMPIRE.

The Fanatics get eviscerated.

As much as the Foot Clan feels like the obvious answer. 

I think it's worth noting that as a property going on 50 years old and existing in multiple fictional properties. 

Star Wars is going to have millions of fan(antic)s from all walks of life with differing skill/power sets/levels and equipment. 

Even if a small fraction of them can stall the Foot even briefly. 

Then those less skilled/equiped can dog pile as the Foot is going to be at a serious numbers disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Not sure if that’s a joke or not but pretty sure both sides have an equal, relatively small number of participants, not millions.

Where does it say a small number of participants. 

Honestly small numbers kinda defeat the purpose of cannon fodder. 

There is nothing in the description to suggest it's not all of any given fodder group.

13 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Where does it say a small number of participants. 

Honestly small numbers kinda defeat the purpose of cannon fodder. 

There is nothing in the description to suggest it's not all of any given fodder group.

Well, true, it doesn’t have to be a small number necessarily but literally all the matches with groups have been with equal numbers on both sides 

23 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Well, true, it doesn’t have to be a small number necessarily but literally all the matches with groups have been with equal numbers on both sides 

I think it up to interpretation. 

Personally I have largely been considering numbers where I think it is applicable/makes sense.

32 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

I think it up to interpretation. 

Personally I have largely been considering numbers where I think it is applicable/makes sense.

By those rules, if the 300 Spartans were put up against the clone troopers, somebody could personally interpret millions of clones jumping the 300, and just…no, dude. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, C.T. said:

By those rules, if the 300 Spartans were put up against the clone troopers, somebody could personally interpret millions of clones jumping the 300, and just…no, dude. 

Like I said I apply it where it makes sense for the groups in question. 

The main tactic/advantage of some of these groups is numbers. Robbing them of those numbers is not only thematically uninteresting, but also unfair. 

A relatively smaller group of from the GCPD holding the line against a swarm of Zombies makes sense for both groups. 

10 zombies shambling around in a circle while a GCPD sniper team picks them off from an elevated position 1000ft away. Is not a good match and does not allow both groups to use there advantages. 

I'll admit this is all a bit nebulous, but so are the set ups and groups in question. 

So it's going to be different group to group, but I think in the name of balance, fairness, and fun there are situations where numbers can and should be applied. 

You can think different and that's fine. I think a lot of folks here have. They've picked some probably vaguely defined number on both sides and ran with it. 

And if that is how you want to think about it go for it. I was simply offering an alternative. 

On 12/5/2021 at 1:47 AM, RiotGear said:

As much as the Foot Clan feels like the obvious answer. 

I think it's worth noting that as a property going on 50 years old and existing in multiple fictional properties. 

Star Wars is going to have millions of fan(antic)s from all walks of life with differing skill/power sets/levels and equipment. 

Even if a small fraction of them can stall the Foot even briefly. 

Then those less skilled/equiped can dog pile as the Foot is going to be at a serious numbers disadvantage.

I gotta admit, the thought of millions of rabid fanatics converging for a beatdown is kinda hilarious. :D