Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:5 - Toad vs. Thermal Thief

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 5

Toad

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Toad at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Thermal Thief

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Thermal Thief at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Extortion Scheme

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

I know nothing about Thermal Thief, but my memory of Toad is that he's not that smart. I could be misremembering though, I can't find anything to say that he's specifically dumb, but I always thought of him as a follower for sure

I can't even find anything about Thermal Thief, so no idea how he'd do in this. Blackmail doesn't sound much like Toad's thing, although I suppose it could be in keeping with his personality. 

The above video should explain a bit about the Thermal Thief, but here's another relevant part of his history, capcc8.jpg

Suffice it to say, the Thermal Thief emanates from a combination of an animated PSA and a PSA comic sponsored by the Campbell's Kids in 1980, during President Carter's energy crisis woes, where he is for all intents and purposes is the personification of the act of wasting heat/energy by leaving doors/windows open in the Winter, and as revealed from the comic is capable of draining or drawing heat from a room, or the sun, depending on the circumstances.

Compared to Toad, I'm actually thinking that the Thief will take a pretty comfortable lead here, as I could see him putting his guilt tactical nature to good use in blackmailing people, possibly environmental based politicians or conservationists, by presenting them dirt on their dirty dealings with coal or cutting down trees and the like, in that a PSA villain is actually a strong candidate.

leave it to @Z451 to find the most obscure characters to pick.

1 hour ago, Z451 said:

Compared to Toad, I'm actually thinking that the Thief will take a pretty comfortable lead here, as I could see him putting his guilt tactical nature to good use in blackmailing people, possibly environmental based politicians or conservationists, by presenting them dirt on their dirty dealings with coal or cutting down trees and the like, in that a PSA villain is actually a strong candidate.

Seems like a reasonable argument. Will wait to vote, but that is a business model that I think works in this scenario.

I was hoping that these fights would actually be for the worst character to win - for example who gets caught by Batman the quickest, or who could anger Kinpin the most as a henchman- in which case this would be ideal for Thermal as it seems a push is enough to put him down (and it would discourage picks such as Riddler or Electro). 

That said, still leaning towards Toad.

Don't look to underestimate Toad just yet, guys. Sure he's lost his fair share of fights against the X-Men, but there's a reason he was in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. He's managed to incapacitate Jean Grey with his slime, not only silencing her but also putting her in danger of dieing of suffocation. He's held his own against Storm one on one for just a bit before Storm started using her mutant powers, sending him hundreds of feet into the air and into the New York reservoir. And since he's supposed to have abilities that mimic an actual Toad, he likely survived that fall. And I know these are feats from the movie, but it only shows that even taking a more realistic approach, he still fights pretty well.

He's also managed to convince a former villain and another super hero to attack Spider-Man that being Frog Man and Spider-Kid, defeated Spider-Man and Vision both at once, lead a team of villains to fight X-Force, Survived an attack from Nimrod only losing a fingers (Basically a super powered, bright pink Sentinal from space), and kidnapped multiple people to die in Arcade's traps including The Thing and the X-Men, Angel.

Also little known fact about Toad, he's had a chemical imbalance in his system that practically gives him a sort of bipolar disorder, making him switch from calm and collective to angry and rash in a second before it got cured. 

He's also got a prehensile tongue that he can also engulf in flame when he wants to.

So with all of that, I think he could do something that has blackmail involved. After all, he did manage to kidnap The Thing and Angel once and even talked to his former Brotherhood minions into coming back togethor to attack another X team. I think he's gonna be able to pull off something more simple like blackmail.