Slot: The Team's Scrappy Fighter
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about John Wick at this Wiki
Official Site: Lionsgate

Battle Terrain
Battle Terrain: Sand Dunes

Unless I'm missing something, Ryu is like tier 7. I assume it's without access to his Satsui no Hado and such? Just base Ryu?

Even in his base, Ryu is maybe too much for Wick. John might be able to tag him while he closing the distance, and he could hold his own for a bit up close, but really once Ryu closes that gap, it's probably game over for John

Gotta go with Ryu... He's definitely too much for Wick. I mean in Oro's ending in Third Strike had him heaving a massive Boulder over his head. How heavy was that boulder? Well.. SOMEONE did the math and provided pictures from the games!!

Apparently Ryu can lift 48 tons!

https://www.quora.com/How-strong-is-Ryu-from-Street-Fighter

And Ryu had been shown to casually dodge bullets from a distance and up close.

Wick loses... HARD!

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Unless I'm missing something, Ryu is like tier 7. I assume it's without access to his Satsui no Hado and such? Just base Ryu?

Even in his base, Ryu is maybe too much for Wick. John might be able to tag him while he closing the distance, and he could hold his own for a bit up close, but really once Ryu closes that gap, it's probably game over for John

Base Ryu, no access to Satsui no Hado is Tier 9.  If you are referencing the stats of non-base, Street Fighter 1 Ryu then that is out of tier.

John Wick is a hand to hand master, defeating multiple seasoned opponents.  He also has the Bulls-Eye kind of bit where any object can potentially be lethal in his hands (e.g. a pencil).

Currently thinking it is a toss-up.

John Wick. Yeah both of them have had years of training, fighting and of course the occasional lethal blow, but John Wick doesn't have to worry about an evil entity taking over his body when fighting to aggressively. Ryu has to constantly worry about the Satsui no Hado taking over his body if he's not careful, turning him into Evil Ryu wich he desperately tries not to turn into wich is why he will not completely go all out when fighting. John Wick on the other hand has no such worries and can fight all out, nothing holding him back, guns at his side and willing to fight dirty if it means victory. Hadoken be damned, John Wick has a better chance.

52 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Ryu has to constantly worry about the Satsui no Hado taking over his body if he's not careful, turning him into Evil Ryu wich he desperately tries not to turn into wich is why he will not completely go all out when fighting. 

No he doesn't. Not anymore.

His current base is Street Fighter III and by then Ryu has already defeated the Satsui No Hadou. He's found a BETTER power-- The Power of Nothingness. He's grasped it by Street Fighter V which is prior to Street Fighter III.

9 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

No he doesn't. Not anymore.

His current base is Street Fighter III and by then Ryu has already defeated the Satsui No Hadou. He's found a BETTER power-- The Power of Nothingness. He's grasped it by Street Fighter V which is prior to Street Fighter III.

That is Tier 7. It is not allowable within the discussion of Ryu we are trying to have.

7 minutes ago, Fox said:

That is Tier 7. It is not allowable within the discussion of Ryu we are trying to have.

Then you want to look at Street Fighter I to Alpha Ryu.

Even then... Alpha Ryu is too much for Wick. I mean that Ryu took on Akuma (who was holding back) to test Ryu, but still utilized enough strength to sink Gokouento Island with a punch evidenced in Ryu's ending in Alpha 2, which is canonical.

Are street fighter characters in this scenario bullet proof?

I get that they are strong hand to hand fighters, but if this is standard equipment then Wick would go for his guns immediately - and that's I guess a key difference in my mind - looking to kill vs looking for a fight.

Just now, Culwych1 said:

Are street fighter characters in this scenario bullet proof?

I get that they are strong hand to hand fighters, but if this is standard equipment then Wick would go for his guns immediately - and that's I guess a key difference in my mind - looking to kill vs looking for a fight.

Guns wouldn't matter. Ryu has shown to dodge gunfire casually in the anime and manga retelling of Street Fighter, if you want to consider those.

And this is Street Fighter I to Alpha Ryu.

Also I believe the Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia produced by Capcom and Udon Comics mentions Ryu accomplishing feat.

13 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Guns wouldn't matter. Ryu has shown to dodge gunfire casually in the anime and manga retelling of Street Fighter, if you want to consider those.

Also I believe the Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia produced by Capcom and Udon Comics mentions Ryu accomplishing feat.

Cool. Unfortunately I can't see the video for some reason, but I do recall him being fast in the manga. 

This is a tough one! 

Ryu is in my mind the stronger, faster and better fighter, but Wick still feels like the deadlier with his weapons.

Be interesting to hear more! 

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Fair, but it looks like here he has to know that he's being fired upon to begin with. John constantly uses silenced guns and he is no strangers to using out fo the box weapons I.E. the pencil he is known to use as well as a book in another example. It's not like Ryu is fighting someone who knows the way of the sword or uses just guns, John Wick is known to improvise, and since they be fighting in the desert, who's to say John won't use the sand to clog up Ryu's open wounds or just to blind him?

8 hours ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Fair, but it looks like here he has to know that he's being fired upon to begin with.

The set up mentions that they are ten yards apart on a high dune. That's thirty feet of visibility from one another. No reason to think that Ryu wouldn't see him... But then again, Ryu can also sense him. I will bring this up in another point you brought up.

John constantly uses silenced guns and he is no strangers to using out fo the box weapons I.E. the pencil he is known to use as well as a book in another example. It's not like Ryu is fighting someone who knows the way of the sword or uses just guns

Except that Ryu has fought more than just other martial artists. He's also fought trained assassins and military experts ranging from Eagle, Guile, Cammy, The Shadowloo Dolls, Shadowloo Assassins, Crimson Viper in the various Street Fighter media out there. It's not like that he hasn't fought people who used weapons before, some of them being technologically advanced. But since we're looking at Street Fighter I to Alpha Ryu, he's by this time fought Eagle, Cammy, Juli and Juni, Charlie, Guile and Guy from the Bushin-ryuu ninja clan by this point and likely Vega as well. Of course, I am keeping in mind of Street Fighter I to Alpha 3 as far as the chronology is concerned.

And let's not forget, by this time, Ryu's already fought Akuma in the events of Street Fighter Alpha 2. And by Alpha 3, he killed Bison the first time.

Ryu's fought a good variety of opponents by that time, and fighting well above his weight class by his early to mid-twenties.

Who's to say John won't use the sand to clog up Ryu's open wounds or just to blind him?

I'll give you the use of sand in the wounds as I don't believe Ryu has a healing factor... at least.. not WITHOUT the Satsui No Hadou (I'm referring to the Street Fighter Alpha manga by Masahiko Nakahira which IS considered canonical by Capcom as they incorporated concepts and ideas such as Evil Ryu into the games). But... I'm assuming we're discounting Satsui No Hadou, which if we're going by Street Fighter to Alpha 3 Ryu... isn't so cut and dry. But let's discount that for debate's sake... because... Vs. Battle Wiki restrictions.

As for blinding Ryu... Well, Ryu doesn't necessarily have to rely on his eyes. He can actually sense Ki to the point where it's second nature to him. This is shown through out a majority of Street Fighter media, as it's evidenced in the primary canon-- the games, and several anime and manga, as well as the Udon comics. This is even shown several times in the Live Action adaptation, Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, where Ryu sensed the lack of presence of animals in the forest when Akuma was close by, and he sensed a dark energy (Akuma) floating around Goutetsu's dojo grounds quite a number of times.

As far as I know, John Wick has not been trained in the use or principals of Ki. This probably means, he doesn't know how to suppress it. This means Ryu would be able to sense and feel him out. I also recall Gouken teaching Ken and Ryu to fight blind in the Assassin's Fist, all as to teach them how to sense and feel out Ki.