Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 17285 Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

leroypowell3

Previously: Tula met with an unnamed assassin to have him kill Bloth. She was confronted by Roman Torchwick whom she had stolen money from to pay the assassin. Smartly, she also hired the Dreadnocks to protect her in case of trouble. The Dreadnocks honored the deal and fought with Torchwick.

Well… I guess I don’t have to pay them the other half.” That is what Tula thought as it started looking like Torchwick would win. She honestly never thought of the man as a ‘contender’, but the way that he was handling the notorious Dreadnocks, she apparently underestimated him.

Making a hasty but low-key exit, Tula found herself in a dark alley. As she hustled to the main street, she decided to check in on her other business.

“Captain Amelia, are you back on the ship?”

“Not to worry love.” A tight British accent replied. “My crew has your friend safe and sound. Was your meeting successful?”

“I had some trouble.” Tula admitted. “After the meeting that is.”

“You should have let me send some of the crew with you. They’re not The Avengers but they’re a reliable bunch.”

“It’s okay. I hired some local talent.”

“Tula...” the captain started.

“I just don’t want to owe you anything.” the young woman didn’t even take a breath before changing the subject. “Any luck on finding a translator?”

The captain sighed. “Well, considering we don’t even know what language she speaks, I don’t know where to start.”

“There’s somebody out there who can communicate with her. I’m coming back now. We’d better keep moving. Bloth has been persistent.”

“That he has.” the sarcastic smile resonated in the captain’s voice. “One day, Tula, we’re going to have to face him down.”

“I hope to end him before it comes to that.” Tula replied grimly.

Then she felt the sinister presence behind her. She whirled and saw a pink-haired woman aiming a gun at her.

“You know? The first time I saw you I hated you.” the woman had an Australian accent. “A pretty little thing, beguiling all the boys. You got my mates in a bind. We’ll probably have to do some recruiting now.”

Just those little catch phrases helped Tula identify this chick. “Your Zarana! Zartan’s sister!”

“That I am.” the woman confirmed. “I was around when you got the others to work for you. I stayed out of it but I kept close to see what you were up to. Don’t worry. I’m not gonna tell my brother how you skipped out on our gang. I’m gonna deal with you myself.”

“I can still pay you...” Tula offered.

“I don’t want your money.” Zarana unexpectedly holstered her gun. “I wanna beat your face so bad that no boys will ever want to help you again.”

Fight Parameters:

Girl fight! Zarana wants to beat Tula’s pretty face in cause she’s jealous of her beauty.

6 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Good setup Leroy! Love all the characters you've included here, maybe we can see Captain Amelia in an upcoming fight. 

I'm also pulling for Tula

I didn't think anybody would know Captain Amelia just by the name. I only stumbled across her surfing the database for the fantasy draft. I just thought of a match for her today driving around on my forklift.

I'm going against the consensus and say Zarana wins. Tula is capable but I think Zarana is even more so.

Hopefully next part you'll see who this assassin is that Tula hired to kill Bloth and who this person is that Captain Amelia is trying to find a translator for.

1 hour ago, leroypowell3 said:

I didn't think anybody would know Captain Amelia just by the name. I only stumbled across her surfing the database for the fantasy draft. I just thought of a match for her today driving around on my forklift.

I'm going against the consensus and say Zarana wins. Tula is capable but I think Zarana is even more so.

Hopefully next part you'll see who this assassin is that Tula hired to kill Bloth and who this person is that Captain Amelia is trying to find a translator for.

I'm actually the one that added Captain Amelia back in the old days. :)

Looking forward to your next part.

I thought I was pretty solid on my 90s cartoon knowledge, but I definitely missed Pirates of the Dark Water, even though for some reason Bloth looks familiar to me. From the clips I have seen it looks like Tula can hold her own in hand to hand combat long enough to use her ecomancy abilities. Nice pull on characters.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - Mercenaryblade
4.00 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.00 Total Combined Score
13.00 / 3 = 4.33 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

Gah, I missed this one.

Another good one, leroy. I guess I'm one of the few people here that's seen and kind of remembers Pirates of Dark Water. Shame the closest thing we got to a conclusion of the series were some video games. Tula's long past due to get a better profile pic. 

Anyways, If Zarana didn't just shoot Tula first (seemed unlikely here since it appears that she wanted to fight Tula instead) Tula probably had a good shot at winning this with her own skills and ecomancer magic. 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, Venom 2009 said:

Tula is hot. Zarana is not.

Yeah, it's true that her profile pic does not do her justice. Still, I'm guessing you've never seen Zarana when she cleans up or is in disguise: