Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 3
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Westview, New Jersey at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

I would probably go with Westview on this one. The Genie is a big magical threat with a massive weakness. Agnes would want to get rid of it, and even Scarlet Witch would probably be able to understand how powerful the magic was. The Genie's magic is basically Wanda's but even more powerful. Agnes would definitely get the lamp out of the town or use the Genie as her own tool. In either case it doesn't go well for him

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

The question is is this Genie before or after he is free of the lamp?

It was stated from the beginning that this is the wish-granting Genie, since otherwise he wouldn't really be a sidekick. Given that, I seriously doubt that MCU Wanda (or most MCU characters, for that matter) can stand up to his phenomal, cosmic power. 

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Agnes would want to get rid of it, and even Scarlet Witch would probably be able to understand how powerful the magic was. The Genie's magic is basically Wanda's but even more powerful. Agnes would definitely get the lamp out of the town or use the Genie as her own tool. In either case it doesn't go well for him

I gotta watch more MCU stuff soon. 

But yeah, it may all depend on if a random citizen gets his/her hands on the lamp first. The person may get creeped out by these ladies being abnormally curious about the lamp and wish them away. If this happens in Wanda's case, bye-bye Westview. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Movie-Brat said:

If Agatha finds the genie in the lamp, bad news for everyone. Or Wanda finds it. 

If the lamp is just in a random place in Westview, odds are better that a random person finds and uses it first.

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

If the lamp is just in a random place in Westview, odds are better that a random person finds and uses it first.

You forget though, Agatha managed to sense Wanda creating the hex. Chances are, the lamp would give off magical energy for her to pick up. 

You forget though, Agatha managed to sense Wanda creating the hex. Chances are, the lamp would give off magical energy for her to pick up. 

Actually, I haven't seen most things MCU as of yet. 😐 

And while Agnes could possibly sense the lamp's magic, she would likely still have to search for its precise location. I'm still willing to bet that a random citizen could see find it laying around and use it first.

31 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Actually, I haven't seen most things MCU as of yet. 😐 

And while Agnes could possibly sense the lamp's magic, she would likely still have to search for its precise location. I'm still willing to bet that a random citizen could see find it laying around and use it first.

Sorry!

Thing is, Agatha seems to have found Wanda with ease. So it shouldn't be hard for her to find the lamp. Not to mention, she's not above manipulating civilians as demonstrated in the third episode and how she did it as revealed in the seventh episode. 

7 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

Sorry!

Thing is, Agatha seems to have found Wanda with ease. So it shouldn't be hard for her to find the lamp. Not to mention, she's not above manipulating civilians as demonstrated in the third episode and how she did it as revealed in the seventh episode. 

In that case, then, as Merc mentioned, she and Wanda might be interested in using Genie for their own benefit. Being bound by the lamp, Genie would have to comply, in which case he "survives" due to his usefulness. 

Or, a scenario similar to what I've heard about in the Wandavision's first season's climax, Wanda ends up fighting Agatha when she doesn't like what Agatha wants to wish for. The winner of that battle would then likely get control of Genie, in which Genie also "survives." 

19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

In that case, then, as Merc mentioned, she and Wanda might be interested in using Genie for their own benefit. Being bound by the lamp, Genie would have to comply, in which case he "survives" due to his usefulness. 

Or, a scenario similar to what I've heard about in the Wandavision's first season's climax, Wanda ends up fighting Agatha when she doesn't like what Agatha wants to wish for. The winner of that battle would then likely get control of Genie, in which Genie also "survives." 

We pretty much know how this will play out. None of the bystanders will get the lamp because they can only do what Wanda subconsciously wants them to do. Wanda is so preoccupied living through the stages of grief she wouldn't find the lamp. Agnes is definitely going to get the lamp, at which point she's just going to leave Westview, probably after wishing she had Wanda's powers. She has no reason to stay after she has those, and then Genie loses because he left the environment

• Like 1

Remember guys the sidekick only needs to survive the place for 24 hours. If either Wanda or Agnes or really anyone were to find the lamp there’s no way they’d blow through 3 life changing wishes in one day. That’s kinda something you put real thought and time into before you use it.

14 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Remember guys the sidekick only needs to survive the place for 24 hours. If either Wanda or Agnes or really anyone were to find the lamp there’s no way they’d blow through 3 life changing wishes in one day. That’s kinda something you put real thought and time into before you use it.

I think Agatha would make up her mind fast though and then kill him after. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:31 AM, Movie-Brat said:

Or if Genie puts up a fight, then she kills him. 

MCU Wanda's not overpowering a phenomenal, cosmic Genie. It takes a universal-level being to do so, such as Chaos from the Aladdin TV series.

Besides, has she ever intentionally killed any intelligent life in MCU canon? At the very least, I'm not seeing any evidence of Wandavision deaths by her hand: 

https://listofdeaths.fandom.com/wiki/WandaVision#Season_1

On 10/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

We pretty much know how this will play out. None of the bystanders will get the lamp because they can only do what Wanda subconsciously wants them to do. Wanda is so preoccupied living through the stages of grief she wouldn't find the lamp. Agnes is definitely going to get the lamp, at which point she's just going to leave Westview, probably after wishing she had Wanda's powers. She has no reason to stay after she has those, and then Genie loses because he left the environment

I'm not even sure Wanda would care, subconsciously or not, what a bystander would wish for as long as it doesn't interfere with her Westview world.

Besides, I've read that Agnes can also be arrogant, which proved to be her undoing against Wanda. Perhaps she proves arrogant enough to make a wish that does her in as well. Genies in the Aladdin films and TV series have proven clever enough to both put certain loopholes in wishes they grant to help in the defeat of masters they don't like, and put their masters in positions to force them to make wishes against their will.

I think Agatha would make up her mind fast though and then kill him after. 

If Wanda's magic isn't powerful enough to overwhelm Genie, I seriously doubt Agnes's is, either.

While we'll see with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, according to Agatha, the Darkhold foretold the magic of the Scarlet Witch surpasses of the Sorcerer Supreme. So, clearly she could kill the Genie, even if she wouldn't mean it. She did almost kill every civilian in the final episode. 

As for Agatha, yes, her own arrogance did allow Wanda to outsmart her but, the first time Wanda tried, Agatha turned it against her. Likely, she'd flip the script on Genie to screw him over.

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'm not even sure Wanda would care, subconsciously or not, what a bystander would wish for as long as it doesn't interfere with her Westview world.

She definitely would, because she's subconsciously constructing her life to be a sit-com, and magical wish-granting genies don't exist in those. 

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Besides, I've read that Agnes can also be arrogant, which proved to be her undoing against Wanda. Perhaps she proves arrogant enough to make a wish that does her in as well. Genies in the Aladdin films and TV series have proven clever enough to both put certain loopholes in wishes they grant to help in the defeat of masters they don't like, and put their masters in positions to force them to make wishes against their will.

That's completely irrelevant honestly. My argument is that Agnes finds the Genie, which she would be able to do because Wanda, and everyone else by extension, is too distracted, and then just leave the town. With that level of power she has absolutely 0 reason to be concerned with Wanda or the town. Genie loses to BFR

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

She definitely would, because she's subconsciously constructing her life to be a sit-com, and magical wish-granting genies don't exist in those. 

You sure about that?

4 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

You sure about that?

Yeah, I'm sure, because she didn't base her world around "I Dream of Genie." There are references to it in the first episode, but the inspirations for her world are not the kinds of sit-coms with magical genies. The point of Westview was to have a simple escapist fantasy. Throwing in another all-powerful magical being would detract from that

Yeah, I'm sure, because she didn't base her world around "I Dream of Genie." There are references to it in the first episode, but the inspirations for her world are not the kinds of sit-coms with magical genies. The point of Westview was to have a simple escapist fantasy. Throwing in another all-powerful magical being would detract from that

No, no, no, you said there were no magical wish granting genies in sitcoms. 

5 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

No, no, no, you said there were no magical wish granting genies in sitcoms. 

Good lord. I swear people are intentionally obtuse on here sometimes.

No, I didn't say there were no Genies in sitcoms. I said:

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

She definitely would, because she's subconsciously constructing her life to be a sit-com, and magical wish-granting genies don't exist in those

"Those," in this case, refers to the sit-coms she's subconsciously constructing the town around, not every sitcom ever. I shouldn't have to quality every sentence I say with obvious context

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Good lord. I swear people are intentionally obtuse on here sometimes.

No, I didn't say there were no Genies in sitcoms. I said:

"Those," in this case, refers to the sit-coms she's subconsciously constructing the town around, not every sitcom ever. I shouldn't have to quality every sentence I say with obvious context

Oh but you should. Otherwise I get to have my jollies. Phrasing is everything. 🤪

I'm messing with you, chill the heck out.