Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

10:4 - Maria (West Side Story) vs. Giselle (Enchanted)

SEASON 10, ROUND 4

Maria (West Side Story)

Slot: The Team's Musical Interlude
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Maria (West Side Story) at this Wiki
Official Site: MGM

Giselle (Enchanted)

Slot: The Team's Musical Interlude
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Giselle (Enchanted) at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Game of Thrones: The Musical!

Maria has more experience with divided peoples, given the whole Romeo and Juliet thing, and was making strides towards uniting entrenched different people. I think being willing to get into a relationship with rivals is a key to uniting the kingdom, as that’s basically how the most peaceful period we see in King’s Landing was achieved.

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Maria has more experience with divided peoples, given the whole Romeo and Juliet thing, and was making strides towards uniting entrenched different people. I think being willing to get into a relationship with rivals is a key to uniting the kingdom, as that’s basically how the most peaceful period we see in King’s Landing was achieved.

In the world of Game of Thrones though?

3 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Yes, I think it translates. I also think Giselle is much more likely to get executed.

You forget though by the end, she took on the villain who turned into a dragon and survived. Even climbed up a building. 

Just now, Movie-Brat said:

You forget though by the end, she took on the villain who turned into a dragon and survived. Even climbed up a building. 

True, but I’m not sure if that helps her too much in this scenario. She’s gullible enough to fall for the poisoned apple trick, so I think politician intrigue isn’t strong.

Just now, Magnamax said:

True, but I’m not sure if that helps her too much in this scenario. She’s gullible enough to fall for the poisoned apple trick, so I think politician intrigue isn’t strong.

Who's to say Maria won't fall for it too? 50s gang wars are tough but given GOT, it may be a whole lot worse. 

At least Giselle has her ability to communicate with animals. She could clean up palaces to get on their good sides. 

2 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Who's to say Maria won't fall for it too? 50s gang wars are tough but given GOT, it may be a whole lot worse. 

At least Giselle has her ability to communicate with animals. She could clean up palaces to get on their good sides. 

There’s  no evidence to show that Maria would, but Giselle did. think the more easily fooled you are, the harder time you’ll have succeeding in GOT.

7 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

There’s  no evidence to show that Maria would, but Giselle did. think the more easily fooled you are, the harder time you’ll have succeeding in GOT.

Maria is so not going to survive that harsh environment as much. Logically, they're both screwed. Street smarts are not going to help Maria in a fantasy environment where there's loads of back stabbing, wars on larger scales, basically everyone and everything would try to kill them. 

33 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Maria is so not going to survive that harsh environment as much. Logically, they're both screwed. Street smarts are not going to help Maria in a fantasy environment where there's loads of back stabbing, wars on larger scales, basically everyone and everything would try to kill them. 

While the scenario isn’t perfect for either, I still think Maria has a better grasp on surviving in a tough situation. Giselle is a trusting, good person. Maria comes from a world where there is clear conflict and dire consequence, which I think prepares her better here. Giselle almost immediately is homeless and helpless in her movie, Maria is more affirmative in nature.

41 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

While the scenario isn’t perfect for either, I still think Maria has a better grasp on surviving in a tough situation. Giselle is a trusting, good person. Maria comes from a world where there is clear conflict and dire consequence, which I think prepares her better here. Giselle almost immediately is homeless and helpless in her movie, Maria is more affirmative in nature.

But, there's no reason to think somebody would want Giselle on their side. Like for whatever kingdom, if common people respond well to her, they'll want her for political gain. 

35 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

But, there's no reason to think somebody would want Giselle on their side. Like for whatever kingdom, if common people respond well to her, they'll want her for political gain. 

I’m not sure what you mean here. However, I think A Song of Ice and Fire has virtually no innocent, kind characters like Giselle who succeed. They’re either killed or broken as a person. There are better examples of people being successful that are willing to take control of their lives and works a plan. Maria has both of those traits. 

27 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I’m not sure what you mean here. However, I think A Song of Ice and Fire has virtually no innocent, kind characters like Giselle who succeed. They’re either killed or broken as a person. There are better examples of people being successful that are willing to take control of their lives and works a plan. Maria has both of those traits. 

Game of Thrones always had people fighting for control, politics and whatnot. So, whatever houses they get called, they'd want somebody like Giselle other people like to get others on their side. 

Plus, as pointed out, she's magic. 

22 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Game of Thrones always had people fighting for control, politics and whatnot. So, whatever houses they get called, they'd want somebody like Giselle other people like to get others on their side. 

Plus, as pointed out, she's magic. 

The common folk don’t matter that much Im GOT. They’re just there, they don’t vote or influence any of the high courts. I don’t think Giselle would help anyone really rise to prominence, and if anything her magic or animal talking shenanigans make her more likely to get executed.

1 hour ago, Magnamax said:

The common folk don’t matter that much Im GOT. They’re just there, they don’t vote or influence any of the high courts. I don’t think Giselle would help anyone really rise to prominence, and if anything her magic or animal talking shenanigans make her more likely to get executed.

I don't know. She landed in New York and brought out the best in the most cynical. 

I think the fact that she is magic actually will work against Giselle. The many powerful religions of Westeros will see her as a threat. Those who believe in the Seven will want to imprison her, those who believe in R'hllor, the Lord of Light, will try to burn her. The Iron Islands will try to drown her. 

On the other hand, Maria can unite different people and if she can work her way to King's Landing she could be very popular with the people not unlike Margaery Tyrell. 

7 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

I don't know. She landed in New York and brought out the best in the most cynical. 

While she does turn around essentially a person, that is only a New Yorker who needed to be convinced to even take her in. Westeros isn’t just cynical, it’s people actively working to bring about your downfall. I think Giselle would struggle in that kind of environment. Maria, on the other hand, is very much used to deep-rooted conflict and takes an active role in her objectives. She is tougher towards something like this.

1 minute ago, Magnamax said:

While she does turn around essentially a person, that is only a New Yorker who needed to be convinced to even take her in. Westeros isn’t just cynical, it’s people actively working to bring about your downfall. I think Giselle would struggle in that kind of environment. Maria, on the other hand, is very much used to deep-rooted conflict and takes an active role in her objectives. She is tougher towards something like this.

They're going to get confused over her, 50s sensibilities let's just say. She's not Ash Williams or even Whoopi Goldberg in that one movie. 

2 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I'm liking Giselle for one thing she is a princess who likely can navigate court etiquette. 

Court etiquette for her and navigating the politics of Westeros are very different.

5 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

They're going to get confused over her, 50s sensibilities let's just say. She's not Ash Williams or even Whoopi Goldberg in that one movie. 

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. She’s Puerto Rican (by way of an actress from San Francisco) but I don’t think she’s going to cause more of an uproar than someone who talks to animals.

3 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. She’s Puerto Rican (by way of an actress from San Francisco) but I don’t think she’s going to cause more of an uproar than someone who talks to animals.

Again though, street smarts wouldn't translate that well to that extreme fantasy setting.