Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

10:4 - Maria (West Side Story) vs. Giselle (Enchanted)

4 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

Again though, street smarts wouldn't translate that well to that extreme fantasy setting. 

I disagree. Petyr Baelish, Varys, etc are all examples of characters who leverage exactly that kind of intelligence. 

I think we’re ping-ponging a bit so I’m going to kind of wrap up my thinking: Giselle comes from exactly the high-fantasy, fairy tale story that GG Martin specifically subverts in ASOIF. Most of her ideology and outlook is specifically not going to work in that universe. Maria has a specific frame to be able to succeed. She’s lived in a tougher environment, with conflict always being present in her life. She’s better determined and can actually work in the background for what she wants.

7 hours ago, Magnamax said:

She’s Puerto Rican (by way of an actress from San Francisco) ...

I think you're talking about the actress starring in the remake coming out this year. The Maria character has always been Puerto Rican, but in the original film, she was played by Natalie Wood, who was Russian and Ukrainian.

Wood sure played a damn good Puerto Rican, though.

12 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I disagree. Petyr Baelish, Varys, etc are all examples of characters who leverage exactly that kind of intelligence. 

I think we’re ping-ponging a bit so I’m going to kind of wrap up my thinking: Giselle comes from exactly the high-fantasy, fairy tale story that GG Martin specifically subverts in ASOIF. Most of her ideology and outlook is specifically not going to work in that universe. Maria has a specific frame to be able to succeed. She’s lived in a tougher environment, with conflict always being present in her life. She’s better determined and can actually work in the background for what she wants.

With dragons and zombies though? That's going to blow her mind that I'm not even sure she'll be sane after that. 

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I think you're talking about the actress starring in the remake coming out this year. The Maria character has always been Puerto Rican, but in the original film, she was played by Natalie Wood, who was Russian and Ukrainian.

Wood sure played a damn good Puerto Rican, though.

I’m talking about Natalie Wood.  The character is Puerto Rican, though Wood wasn’t, she was born in San Francisco with Ukrainian parents. Several white actors had to use brown makeup to “look Puerto Rican,”they even had Rita Moreno do it despite the fact that she is Puerto Rican. 

My point here being that she isn’t going to be that far out of the norm for Westeros.

7 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

With dragons and zombies though? That's going to blow her mind that I'm not even sure she'll be sane after that. 

I don’t think those are much of her problem right away. She has to unite the kingdoms, which is earlier in the Westeros timeline before dragons and zombies are much of an issue. 

8 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

My point here being that she isn’t going to be that far out of the norm for Westeros.

I don’t think those are much of her problem right away. She has to unite the kingdoms, which is earlier in the Westeros timeline before dragons and zombies are much of an issue. 

Though very likely, some people will want her dead for her attempts right away. They're tough crowds.