MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 16680 Darli Dagger vs. Eddy Gordo

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXXIII

1755521098_ikariwarriors.jpg.729c50a71898007fa8580d5ab3332f5f.jpg

Cassandra stood victorious over the game but ultimately overmatched Southtown detective for hire, Blue Mary. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) After pausing for a few minutes to collect herself following two back to back battles, (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA)  Cassandra continued to the location where she had spotted Hilde. She walked cautiously and on guard, waiting for another challenge around each corner. Cassandra found Hilde where she had seen her previously, propped against a wall. Hilde, now conscious, had a small smile on her face at the sight of her ally.

“When did you get here?” Hilde asked.

“A short time ago, (REF: BLUE MARY VS. MILA) I came here for you so that we can join together,” Cassandra explained. “Sophitia and I need your help.”

“I don’t know how much help I would be. I have to admit my confidence is as low as it has been in a long time. I was beaten by some stoic military brat,” said Hilde. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY)

“What brought you here?” Cassandra inquired. “This place looks like a warzone.”

“Ivy and I were looking for Maxi. We tracked Astaroth here and assumed we would find Maxi here as well at this location. We found the decapitated golem monster, but no Maxi. That’s when we came across the military unit. (REF: HILDEGARD VON KRONNE VS. LEONA HEIDERN) It’s a little hazy after that.” Hilde massaged her head. “That blue haired woman can really cut into your bones.”

“Ivy is here too? I feel like I have been all over this village and I haven’t seen her,” stated Cassandra. (REF: ANGEL VS. IVY)

Cassandra started to help Hilde up when the sound of an intense battle in the near vicinity stopped her.

Hilde caught Cassandra’s eye. “Go and check it out. I’ll be fine.”

“I’ll be right back I promise.”

Hilde nodded and Cassandra eased her back down before heading toward the commotion. She wondered if the fight she was approaching was tied to Ivy or why Kula Diamond and Blue Mary had tried to obstruct her entry into the village or both. Cassandra held tightly on to her sword and shield as she pressed on.

A couple of blocks down, the Orochi blood possesed Leona Heidern slashed with her palms at Lars Alexandersson to knock him back. (REF: LARS ALEXANDERSSON VS. LEONA HEIDERN) Lars fell to one knee. For the first time since his fight against his nephew, Jin Kazama, Lars had found an opponent he could not overpower. He had recently taken down an axe wielding monster (REF: LARS ALEXANDERSSON VS. ASTAROTH) and a vampiric swordsman (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON), but there was something different about the yellow eyed wild woman he was now up against. She was simultaneously animalistic and precise in her approach. But, Lars was determined to not to fall to Leona. He owed it to all of the people slaughtered in her wave of madness.  (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

However, simply fighting her hand to hand would not be good enough and Lars was running low on stamina. He glanced over at this sword that was knocked to the ground at the beginning of the fight. Orochi Leona leapt into the air and cut through it with her V attack. Lars rolled away to avoid the hit. He rolled to his sword and grabbed it. He twisted his body around toward Leona triumphantly with sword in hand ready to attack. Unfortunately for him, Leona was already close to him and preparing her next technique. She put her hands together to form a green ball of energy blades.She pushed it toward the chest of Lars to slice away at his Tekken Force armor. 

Leona let out a primal scream as the ball got bigger and began to successfully shred through Lars’s chest plate. The energy blades exploded and pain shot through Lars’s body, but he did not release the sword from his grasp. As he fell forward, Leona produced an identical green ball of energy blades and dug it further into Lars’s chest. Lars was certain he was going to die.

“Hey! Stop that!”

The sudden shout broke Leona’s concentration and again her energy attack exploded. Lars staggered on his back foot, seemingly dead on his feet.  Orochi Leona whipped her head around toward the source of the shout and screamed at Cassandra Alexandra. 

Orochi Leona started to charge at the blonde sword and shield wielder, but she was stopped in place when the blade of Lars’s sword pierced through her back and through her chest  The cursed adopted daughter of Heidern fell dead to the ground. Quickly after, Lars fell down next to her.

The sight made Cassandra gasp. She looked around and spotted a man in military garb and an eyepatch leaning on a crutch and staring at the fight in disbelief. 

“You there, what is going on here?” Cassandra demanded.

Heidern limped over to the bodies of Leona and Lars. “Possibly the destruction of the Ikari Warriors,” he lamented. “Definitely the end of my family.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darlidagger.jpg.9967a28d306a56d7d13b8ec5ce31296f.jpg

Meanwhile at the port, driving distance away from Leona’s carnage, Darli Dagger ended her fight with Zarina quickly. (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. ZARINA) She raked her saw sword, Libertalia, across Zarina’s back twice causing deep lacerations on Zarina’s skin. Darli then picked Zarina up and slammed her on the ground.

“You are lucky I don’t finish you off here. But, I need to get back to the ship and make sure Maxi is okay. Why would you let Claudio fool you in this way?” Darli shook her head in disappointment. “You would have made a fine member of our crew.”

Back on the ship, Maxi and Claudio Serafino exchanged blows slowly as both men were tiring from their fight and unable to gain a distinct advantage. (REF: MAXI VS. CLAUDIO SERAFINO)

Also entering the port area were Edddy Gordo and Christie Monteiro.

“I am still unsure about this fetch quest that Jin has sent us on,” admitted Christie. “Shouldn’t we just be looking for Lars?” (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES)

“You want to ensure more people aren’t infected the same way as that woman who attacked you at the tournament, right?  (REF: CHRISTIE MONTEIRO VS. ELENA) And Katarina? (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES) This is the way,” Eddy insisted. “In order for Jin to find a cure he needs more people that are infected by these shards.”

Christie glanced at the device in Eddy’s hand. “It looks like the strongest signals are coming from that ship up ahead.”

Eddy nodded and the two Brazilian fighters cautiously boarded the ship. It appeared empty at first until the two came upon two men passed out next to each other below deck.

“What happened here?” Christie wondered.

Eddy noticed the broken furniture around the two men. “My guess is a fight.. Or an ambush.” He looked down at the two men in white. “He is the one that is infected, I am sure of it.”

“Which one? The one with the vest?” asked Christie.

“Yeah. It also looks like there is another blip on this thing. Someone else with shards in their body must be nearby,” Eddy offered the device to Christie. “Go ahead and see if you can locate the other person. You don’t have to engage. I’ll find you as soon as I take this guy back to the chopper.”

Christie made a face of indignation. “Why don’t you find the other person? You already have the tracker. I’ll take this guy back to the helicopter. Unless you are implying that I am too weak to complete that task?”

Eddy’s eyes widened. “No. Not at all. If you would prefer to carry the body, you can. Just catch up with me as soon as you;re done. I’ll see what I can find.”

“Will do.”

Christie lifted up Maxi and slung him over her shoulder. She exited the cabin. Eddy looked at the tracker given to him by Jin. He walked in circles for a few minutes before he realized the blip was getting bigger, whoever was the other person with Soul Edge shards ingested in their body was approaching him, quickly.

“Hey! Who are you? What is your business on Maxi’s ship?”

Eddy looked up from his tracker to get a full eyeful of Darli Dagger’s chiseled physique.

“Maxi’s ship?” He repeated with confusion.

“Yeah, Maxi’s ship. I’m his first mate, Darli, and if he did not invite you on that means your tresspa…” Darli cut herself off when her eyes came upon the body of Claudio Serafino.

“There is the traitor I am looking for,” she announced. “Did you do this to him?”

“No,” replied Eddy. “He and the guy in the white vest both looked like this when I got here.”

“So you have seen Maxi! What did you do with him?”

“The man in the white vest is Maxi? We took him with us. We are going to save him from the shards that are inside his body. According to this, you also have Soul Edge shards inside you. If you will come willingly, we can save you too.”

“Do I look like a damsel in need of saving to you? Darli asked sarcastically.

“That is not what I meant,” Eddy insisted. “I am just trying to do what is right.”

“Whatever it is you think you are doing don’t, just give Maxi back to me,” Darli declared.

“I can’t do that. We need him,” Eddy responded. “We have to fix this before it spreads any further.”

“I will not ask again!” Darli aimed the Libertalia at Eddy. “I have not yet cleaned the blood off my blade from  the last person to cross me, but I will happily add yours first.”

Eddy twirled in the air and then swayed around Darli with both his arms and legs.

Darli chuckled. “What is with you dancers that makes you think you stand a chance against me. You modern fighters are very strange.”

“It’s not dancing, it’s capoeira,” Eddy corrected.  “And it has served me well (REF: SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO) in many dangerous situations, I expect this one to be no different.”

“Prepare to be disappointed,” threatened Darli.

I would have to go with Darli Dagger here! She's a fighter who comes from a rougher era and has been in many life and death situations, perhaps more so than Eddie and I think that will carry her in the end.

I second Rakai, Eddie’s never impressed me as a fighter, so I’ll go with Darli. I also consider this a bit of a protest vote because dammit I’m still not over Maxi and Lars being eliminated because of a technical tie. Completely ridiculous, but it is what it is.

20 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I second Rakai, Eddie’s never impressed me as a fighter, so I’ll go with Darli. I also consider this a bit of a protest vote because dammit I’m still not over Maxi and Lars being eliminated because of a technical tie. Completely ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Although I never try to stick to a certain path because of the somewhat unpredictability of the votes, I did have a good fourth round opponent for Lars in mind. I also could have used Leona in the slot, but with the tie that whole idea is scrapped.

• 3 weeks later...