General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 16566 Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXIII

king-of-fighters-xiv-angel-by-hes6789.jpg.c0aafeaafa8cdf042bc264837b33382e.jpg

In a small village in Mexico, Ivy had difficulty dealing with Angel’s impressive strength. (REF: ANGEL VS. IVY) Everytime the Mexican former NESTS agent got her hands on Ivy she would deliver a devastating punch or throw. Ivy did her best to keep the dangerous grappler at bay by lashing out at Angel with her snake sword, Valentine. 

Hoping to turn the tide of the battle, Ivy sidestepped Angel’s advance and dragged her down with Valentine.

“Behave!” she shouted.

Ivy then aimed Valentine downwards, it quickly expanded into the ground and then came up through a hole nearby Angel, knocking her into the air. 

“I will make you submit!” Ivy threatened.

Dark energy permeated through the Valentine snake sword and it gave off a pink glow. Ivy struck Angel several times with it while she was in midair before using it to drag the leather clad brawler down to the ground by Ivy’s feet.

Ivy lifted her right leg all the way next to her face so that she could deliver a brutal stomp on Angel’s head. “Enjoy your trea…”

Angel suddenly yanked on Valentine and threw the dominatrix off balance. Angel then returned to her feet and, off pure adrenaline, attacked the stumbling Ivy with an insanely quick flurry of kicks and punches. Sensing victory, she grabbed Ivy, jumped in the air and delivered a spinning rock bottom slam. Ivy coughed up some blood when she impacted the pavement. Angel followed this trademark move by electing to finish off her adversary with her patented Survivor’s Banquet elbow smash. 

With Ivy now laying motionless in front of her, Angel jumped up and down in celebration of her victory. This would most certainly lead to a great payday from Kazuya Mishima. (REF: ADON VS. BRUCE IRVIN) The white haired assassin then looked around for a few moments. She figured there might be more of the ancient warriors in the area that Kazuya was so interested in (REF: HILDEGARD VON KRONNE VS. LEONA HEIDERN), but then again she only had two hands.

Content with the one that she had already beaten, Angel lifted up Ivy and slung the scantily clad aristocrat over right shoulder. She may not be able to bring in all of Kazuya’s targets, but Angel was certain that she had just nabbed the hottest of the ancient warriors. She was admittedly unsure whether such things were important to Kazuya or not, but she thought that they should be.

As Angel exited the village with Ivy in her possession, her mind was already wondering what her next mission from Kazuya would be. She had succeeded in everything thrown at her thus far. (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA) Between bringing in one of the ancient warriors and her major role in securing Kazuya’s takeover of Violet Systems (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG), Angel expected to get a share in the G Corporation at some point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1952785292_Bluemarywink.jpg.f794a5320d1f840276e63acfdbf75230.jpg

Elsewhere in the village, Mila had a clear strategy on how she wanted to defeat Blue Mary. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. MILA) She would tackle Mary to the ground and then she would utilize her mixed martial arts background to put the special agent into submission. Mila successfully pulled Mary to the ground and straddled her adversary. She pounded on Mary for a brief time and then reached for Mary’s left arm. Much to Mila’s surprise, Blue Mary was also a skilled grappler. Mary reversed Mila’s attempt and put the MMA fighter in an arm bar of her own. After nearly ripping Mila’s arm from its socket, both women scrambled to their feet. Mary parried a strike from Mila and planted the redhead on the ground with a german suplex. Mary followed with a combo of hits and knee strikes that ended with her kicking Mila into the air and then bringing her down with another devastating armbar.

“Mary Typhoon!”

Mary wrapped her feet around Mila’s head and jumped into the air carrying her opponent with her. Once in the air, Mary spun around like a tornado and slammed Mila back onto the ground. Mila landed with a sickening thud and did not return to her feet. Mary basked in her victory momentarily by stretching out her arms, a go to victory pose. She then quickly resumed her pursuit of Cassandra Alexandra. 

Mary hoped she would be able to catch Cassandra before she interfered in Heidern’s mission. Mostly she just hoped Leona and everyone around her was safe. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

It didn’t take long before Mary caught up with Cassandra. The blonde sword and shield wielder was standing victorious over a defeated Kula Diamond. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA). Cassandra used her sword to destroy the last two of Kula's ice walls and as the last one shattered to pieces, Blue Mary caught her eye.

“You have beaten Mila?” she wondered.

Blue Mary nodded in confirmation.

“That’s too bad. So what powers do you possess?” Cassandra inquired.

“No powers, but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve,” answered Mary.

Cassandra was dismissive of Mary. “It will take a lot more than tricks to beat me. This girl had ice powers and she wasn’t strong enough to stop me. What hope do you have?”

“Kula has some impressive abilities, but I’m not sure if beating a child is the accomplishment you think it is,” Mary remarked.

“Age isn’t everything,” Cassandra countered.

“No, but experience is. And I have lots of experience taking down targets of all shapes and forms,” Mary proclaimed. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS)

“When will you modern fighters learn? None of you can stop me,” stated Cassandra. (REF: VICE VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA)  “I saw Hilde, she was hurt, I am going to go rescue her. I will give you one more chance to stand down and let me pass." 

“Not happening. I have my directive to stop you and that is exactly what I am going to do.”

Cassandra readied her Omega sword and Nemea shield. “So be it.”

Before their battle officially started, Mary had just one question for her new opponent. “Are you ready?”

Interesting match up here!

I am going to have to go with Cassandra here. She's just as skilled, if not more so than Sophitia and she can use her shield like Captain America.

Ah, two recaps in this one. Another good set-up, Johnny. Angel's cocky right now, but I'm not sure she's ready for a certain angry Russian coming down the pike ... 

As for this match, neither Mary nor Cassandra are completely fresh, both having coming off winning their previous fights. Mary may give Cassandra a tough fight with her grappling moves, but Cassandra has her weapons and seems a little more powerful. I think the Greek warrior wins this in a tough one.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5