Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16544 Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Jhun Hoon

RakaiThwei

Michelangelo twirled his nunchaku within his grasp, exchanging the handles between his fingers as he had motioned his arms, swinging the nunchaku horizontally and vertically—working to deflect the slashes of his opponent. He had to admit, that the smaller Korean fighter was quick with his hands as well as being on his feet. That was something which made Michelangelo rather enjoy this particular fight. No distractions like fighting that Shiranui woman. Still, he knew better than to underestimate his enemy here. When Choi thrust both his hands out and parted them, slashing away with his claws, Michelangelo hopped away from the Korean slasher.

Choi couldn’t help but laugh with sinister glee and he rushed in for the red masked wily Turtle. He immediately leaned forward and pounced only to extend his claws out, with the intent on striking Michelangelo in the chest with them. But Michelangelo knew better as he then leaned forward with his body weight, planting his hands onto the ground and pushing himself up, launching himself to perform an aerial somersault. The mutant Red Ear Slider flew over the Korean slasher, landing feet first onto the ground.

Quickly taking advantage of this, Michelangelo immediately swung the nunchaku within his right hand horizontally over to the left, and then back across over to the right. Choi turned, immediately being met with two firm strikes in his mid-section and lurched forward from the blows before stumbling to the side. Michelangelo added more to the pressure by spinning his nunchaku upwards, smacking Choi from underneath his chin. To add further pressure, Michelangelo swung his left across, firmly striking Choi Bounge across the head.

“OOOH-OOOOOOOOOH!”

Choi dropped onto the mat like a sack of bricks, feeling a dizzying sensation wash over his senses. The short man placed his hands down onto the ground, now working to push himself up as he blinked hard—working to resist the small disorientation which he seemed to be experiencing. Choi quickly rushed in for Michelangelo, and leapt at the Turtle now slashing his gloved hands for the reptile’s head.

“Whoops! Miss me!” Michelangelo chuckled as he pulled his head into his shell, the bladed gloves missing the top of his head.

“What the… Just HOW are you doing that?!” Choi shrieked.

“Ancient Chinese secret, my dude!” Mike replied.

But as he quickly gave that reply, Michelangelo immediately snapped his right leg up and then firmly impacted Choi in the mid-section as he popped his head out from his shell. Choi again placed his hands onto his mid-section, gasping out as he could feel the air being compressed out from his lungs as he stumbled against the ropes of the ring. Pointing a clawed finger out from his right, he shook his head with a grimace.

“You… You’re not even Chinese! Wait… Are you Chinese under that costume? I don’t even know who you are!”

Michelangelo couldn’t help but grin at that, knowing that Choi really believed that he was some random guy wearing a Turtle costume. The fact that he and his brothers got away with that fabrication was quite phenomenal, and the fact that people believed it… well, at least it worked.

“Choi! He’s trying to mess with you! Don’t give him that chance!” Kim Kaphwan hollered, cupping his hands around his mouth to get his voice across.

Choi immediately rushed in towards Michelangelo, and when the Turtle rushed in to meet him—Choi hunched and managed to evade a swing from the Turtle’s tethered clubs, and turned only to bounce onto the ropes and now used the push to increase his momentum. Choi pushed himself up, launching himself several feet into the air, only to throw his weight forward and down. He then proceeded to throw his weight across, and spun down in towards Michelangelo. The red masked ninja widened his eyes and quickly threw himself upwards and back, vaulting his weight in reverse and flipped away from the incoming slasher as he slammed to the ground, now landing onto his feet. The Korean slasher pushed himself with his legs, taking to the air once again and zero’ed right on the Turtle. He dove right for his opponent, clasped his gloved hands together with the blades extended out.

Forced to evade, Michelangelo pounced forward and curled himself with his right shoulder leaned forward, now rolling onto the mat and moved quickly away from the intended strike. But Choi was unrelenting at this point, as he dashed right again for Michelangelo and took to the air, now spinning with his blades extended out.

“Mikey, watch out!” Leonardo shouted.

But for Michelangelo, it was a tad too late as he felt something striking along his plastron and the red masked wily Turtle was launched off from his feet and he was slammed down onto his carapace. He looked down to his chest, seeing that there were a few scratch marks on his natural body armor.

“Kekekekekeke!” Choi quickly skittered towards the Turtle once more, aiming to capitalize on the vulnerability of Michelangelo.

Quickly thinking, Michelangelo then moved his hands down to his utility belt with his left hand after having released one of his nunchaku, and slipped it into a pouch. Quickly feeling what he was looking for,  Michelangelo took hold of the object and grinned upon seeing the smoke pellet. He threw it forward, tossing it at Choi’s feet. A burst of flame was more than enough to make the short slasher jump in fright and stop in his tracks.

“NYAAH AAH AH AH AH! WHAT IS THIS?!”

Choi swung his hands, slashing his claws to cut through the thick sheet of smoke but to no avail. Frantically, he looked all around for any sign of his opponent. But then something pulled his feet from underneath, and Choi immediately dropped to the mat, hitting his chin upon impact. And suddenly, he found himself being levitated off from the ground and his world was spinning out of control. And it didn’t seem to show any signs of stopping.

“Round and round he goes, where he stops? Nobody knows!”

Choi realized the sudden situation he had been placed in. His enemy had grabbed him from behind by the feet, and now was swinging him around like a ragdoll. And with all of the spinning, Choi suddenly felt something churning and moving from his stomach. He moved a gloved hand up, covering over his mouth.

“I think I’m going to upchuck!” He gagged.

And the hands released his feet, and the small Korean man was sent flying in towards the ropes. Upon hitting them, he felt the force of the throw putting a tension on the ropes and then there was the recoil. Choi suddenly found himself to be flung right back towards the red masked Turtle, and Michelangelo took the opportunity. Michelangelo immediately rushed forward, and he pushed himself to his feet only to throw his weight to the right, spinning in the air, and he thrust his right leg back and out, performing a jumping back thrust kick—firmly impacting Choi in the mid-section, causing the small Korean to drop firmly onto the mat.

“OOOOOOH! My spleen!”

Michelangelo slipped his nunchaku back within his utility belt, and then moved his hands down once more to reach for another weapon. Quickly grabbing his shurikens, Michelangelo took aim for Choi and flung his hands outward, throwing a set of four out at the Korean slasher.

Choi widened his eyes, now working to quickly bounce back up to his feet. He swung his arms horizontally from right to left, and in reverse but also swung his hands down. His claws slashed through the air, the shurikens being deflected from their intended mark as sparks erupted from the contact of the steel weapons. Retaliating, Choi again took to the air as he leapt, and soared right in for Michelangelo and he threw his weight down as he snapped his right leg down and out. Michelangelo swiftly somersaulted back, evading the kick only to then swung his left leg diagonally up as he turned swiftly. Choi leaned back away from the kick, retaliating as he leaned forward, thrusting his gloved hands forward to strike at Michelangelo, but the Turtle weaved from side to side, dodging the stabbing thrust but immediately moved his hands up, taking ahold of Choi’s left wrist, turned with his weight and leaned forward and down, tossing Choi onto the ground.

Quickly following with the throw, Michelangelo turned with his hips and he thrust his right arm down only to firmly impact his fist against Choi’s face. He then would use his left hand to turn Choi’s captive arm at an angle and worked to put a strain and lock onto it. Adding to it, Michelangelo would swing his right leg across to the left, repeatedly impacting his foot against Choi’s mid-section before releasing him and tossing him to the side.

Choi rolled from the strike, working to push himself to his feet once more. Immediately, the Korean slasher then rushed right in towards Michelangelo, pouncing towards him and slashed his clawed gloves across in a scissors fashion as he took aim for the mutant Red Ear Slider’s neck. Michelangelo instinctively dropped backwards, allowing Choi to pass by over him but then kicked his legs upwards, impacting his feet firmly into the Korean slasher’s mid-section.

Choi grunted and he dropped onto his chest and face. He took in several deep breaths of air through his nose, exhaling from his mouth as he worked to regain the breath which had been knocked out from him. In a moment of fury, Choi quickly moved to his feet and skittered towards Michelangelo. Swiftly, he would slash his claws horizontally from right to left, and inversely as well as he took aim for Michelangelo’s arms, legs and mid-section. But Michelangelo responded by moving his hands down, taking hold of his nunchaku and quickly began to spin and twirl them vertically upwards and downwards, and horizontally to counter the Korean slasher’s strikes.

Metal impacting against wood noised through the arena, and neither Michelangelo and Choi were seemingly able to gain an advantage over the other.

“Keep going Mikey, keep it up! You got this!” Raphael shouted.

Michelangelo then snapped his right leg down and across to the left, impacting against Choi’s knees and caused his opponent to buckle to the side. The red masked ninja then capitalized on that as he would swing his nunchaku within his right hand horizontally over from left to right, impacting Choi’s mid-section strongly. He then would lean forward and push his right leg out in a side kick, again striking his pint sized opponent in the chest, making him stumble away. Michelangelo rushed forward, then turned to his side and pounced forward to execute a cartwheel flip, now planting his hands onto the ground and moving onto his feet twice, and pushed himself up and turned to have his carapace impacting Choi’s body directly.

“OOOOOOOOH!!”

“Shellacked by a Turtle!” Michelangelo grinned.

Choi quickly thrust his arms forward and out, intending on striking at Michelangelo’s face with his clawed gloves but the Turtle quickly swerved from side to side, evading the incoming strikes. Quickly taking a pair of his nunchaku, Michelangelo ensnared the Korean man’s wrist—turned in a spin and leaned forward and down, tossing Choi firmly onto the ground and then rolled with the momentum, using Choi as a landing pad of sorts.

“WAAAARGHHUAA!”

Michelangelo effectively crushed Choi underneath his own weight, but to add insult to injury— the red masked wily ninja pulled his arms, legs and head into his shell. All Choi could do was frantically flail his arms and legs about as he wheezed, working his best to breath underneath all of the weight which was placed onto him.

Leonardo raised his brows as he crossed his arms, Donatello couldn’t help but chuckle and Raphael nodded in approval of how Michelangelo handled this particular battle. The opposing team, Team Korea, with just Jhun and Kim remaining—shook their heads and expressed their displeasure by speaking in Korean. Choi continued to kick and flail his arms around, until he had burned all of the oxygen which was being squeezed from him already from Michelangelo’s weight, and the Korean slasher just groaned as he went limp.

The match had been decided.

Jhun clenched his hands into fists, and he hammered them against the edge of the ring. Kim simply shook his head as he looked down and realized that the competition was indeed quite skilled and fierce. They were down two members in this match, and now it was up to just them.

“So, which one of us is it going to be out there?” Kim inquired.

“I figure that I might as well be out there. You sit back for now.” Jhun replied.

Michelangelo pushed his head, arms and legs out from his shell and rolled off from his now unconscious opponent and now scampered his way over towards his brothers. Upon rejoining them, Michelangelo held up both his hands. Donatello and Raphael moved their hands up, returning the gesture for Michelangelo by slapping their palms onto the younger siblings. Two wins for their team, but now they needed to figure out who was up to bat.

Leonardo, feeling the pressure of the loss of his own defeat at the hands of Terry Bogard— felt as if he had an obligation to make up for his failure.

“Guys… Let me. Don, Mikey… You did great out there. I couldn’t be more proud of you but it’s my turn… I gotta  redeem myself for all of you. Please, let me do this.”

Raphael moved his right hand out, firmly planting it onto Leonardo’s shoulder and nodded in approval of his brother’s desire to go out there and prove himself. He understood how Leonardo felt from suffering a previous loss, having to know where he stood amongst the rest of them.

“Do what you gotta do, bro!” Raphael spoke.

“Yeah, kick ass out there!” Michelangelo smiled.

“I’m sure you’ll do fine out there Leo!” Donatello added.

Leonardo then took in a deep breath of air through his nostrils and released a breath from within as he now made his way to the ring and moved his arms out, taking hold of the ropes and pulled himself up— now hunching down and slipped beneath them and entered into the ring.

Leonardo and Jhun just looked to one another, taking a moment to size each other up.

“Your team has come very far in this tournament… Even managing to defeat quite a few powerful teams. For a group lacking powers, that’s pretty impressive. But how well will you fare against our Taekwondo?” Jhun asked, raising a brow.

“I’m guessing that this isn’t your first rodeo in this tournament either.” Leonardo responded.

“I suppose pleasantries are done with then!” Jhun nodded.

Quickly, the white haired Korean snapped his left leg out with sharp and crisp precision, standing on his right and turned to face the red masked ninja. Leonardo moved his arms back and then took hold of his twin ninjaken blades by the red wrapped handles, only to draw his weapons out from within their sheathes and spun them within his grasp and firmly gripped them as he entered into his own fighting stance.

Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello watched with intent eyes— anxious to see how their brother would fare this particularly battle. Kim just watched on eagerly and looked over to Jhun.

The bell rang and thus the match would begin.

The next match in the Mirage TMNT storyline has finally been written and I have to say that this one was difficult in writing, not because of there being difficulty in writing up the recap but rather the fact that I had a lot of real life obligations to handle and it's a reason why I wrote this match up so late and even posted it at a later time than the usual Sunday early afternoon. I couldn't really find too many videos of Choi's moves to incorporate into this recap but I wanted to go more for the humorous take as I did with the match between Donatello and Chang Koehan, but I am not too sure which I wrote that to a similar effect. None the less, it's Leonardo's turn and I figure that as the Turtle who is known to take failure from a previous loss to heart, he would feel like there's a need to redeem himself, so I figure it was time to proceed on with him. Also, this does mark the CBUB debut of Jhun Hoon from the KOF series! I figure this would be something of an interesting match!

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

--

Leonardo is Low Tier Superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and training.

Leonardo possesses his Twin Ninjaken, Shurikens, Smoke Bombs, and Kunai.

Jhun Hoon is in Peak Conditioning due to his training.

Jhun Hoon has his moveset from the KOF games.

Battle Environment Map

3goGCZz.png

Great set-up, Rakai, and great and funny recap of the Mikey/Choi fight.

For this one, I think Leo is going to especially focused since he wants to redeem himself after the loss to Terry Bogard. After looking up Jhun, he seems quite skilled, quick and powerful with his Tae Kwon Do, but the fact that he doesn't use his arms for strikes may be at least part of his undoing.

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Great set-up, Rakai, and great and funny recap of the Mikey/Choi fight.

For this one, I think Leo is going to especially focused since he wants to redeem himself after the loss to Terry Bogard. After looking up Jhun, he seems quite skilled, quick and powerful with his Tae Kwon Do, but the fact that he doesn't use his arms for strikes may be at least part of his undoing.

Thanks for commenting Dskillz!

Yeah, I tried my best to make the recap between Choi and Michelangelo funny. I normally don't do comedy when it comes to my writing, so trying to make it funny was a challenge in of itself. I often wondered what kind of banter and exchanges Choi and Michelangelo would have, and... I just came up with whatever was at the top of my head.

Yeah, Jhun is also very skilled and he's actually right on par with Kim Kaphwan as far as I know since they trained at the same school, and presumably under the same master, Gang-il (who I have to add to the database sometime). So you could only imagine how skilled he is but yeah, he doesn't seem to utilize any hand based techniques as far as I know based on how he played in KOF99. That might be something which Leonardo would definitely take note of.

As always, I appreciate your comments!

It seems our CBUB faithful are dropping the ball again here ... 

Hey, Rakai, assuming the Mirage Turtles prevail against this KoF team (and it's looking pretty certain that they might), where do they go from here? I think that might do well against certain factions of the Mortal Kombat fighters.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

It seems our CBUB faithful are dropping the ball again here ... 

Hey, Rakai, assuming the Mirage Turtles prevail against this KoF team (and it's looking pretty certain that they might), where do they go from here? I think that might do well against certain factions of the Mortal Kombat fighters.

They are going to go up against a fee more KOF teams before moving on to something else. I have a few ideas brewing in my mind, and at some point I want to revisit Predator as an opponent for the Mirage Turtles but don't expect that Predator to be either Scar or Dachande, nor that Predator being an Elite Yautja if I decide to go that route. And it likely might be a Disney-era version of a Predator. 

I want to build up their experiences on the CBUB to where they can fight Marvel and DC characters, as their CBUB records will count as feats for those battles.

I like it, to say the least you still managed to incorporate a lot of Mikey's comedic side, along with Choi's too, without going too slapstick and parody or satire of the story. Personally, I like the balance you used in the recap Rakai, as it blended Mikey's personality and humorous side with the fighting, giving it a pretty good balance of quirk and nuance, pretty hard stuff to muster for writers aiming to try and bring in comedy, while maintaining a serious nature to their work as well. Keep it up man, your efforts to try new things are paying off in your writing.

I also find this match up choice to be pretty interesting to me, as Jhun prefers to rely on kicks, and high kicks at that, whereas Leonardo's katana's are, to most perceived to be mid range weapons used at chest level, so I can see Leo needing to put up a strong defense in order to balance himself out against Jhun's attacks from above and head level, if he goes the traditional way of fighting most would think. One other way, is to adapt some of what Choi used, stance wise, in crouching, and go for attacks at Jhun's knees and legs, sweeps, and slash at Jhun's underside, would prove quite effective in this fight theoretically too, so long as Leo decides to dodge by rolling away, or evading Jhun's overhead attacks.

All in all, you really are doing well Rakai, and I do like your consistency in getting this matches out there as frequently as you do, I have to admit I've been having trouble writing a single one myself due to being woefully out of practice for several years, so I gotta hand it to you, you are doing quite well in spite of all of life's interferences.

7 minutes ago, Z451 said:

I like it, to say the least you still managed to incorporate a lot of Mikey's comedic side, along with Choi's too, without going too slapstick and parody or satire of the story. Personally, I like the balance you used in the recap Rakai, as it blended Mikey's personality and humorous side with the fighting, giving it a pretty good balance of quirk and nuance, pretty hard stuff to muster for writers aiming to try and bring in comedy, while maintaining a serious nature to their work as well. Keep it up man, your efforts to try new things are paying off in your writing.

I also find this match up choice to be pretty interesting to me, as Jhun prefers to rely on kicks, and high kicks at that, whereas Leonardo's katana's are, to most perceived to be mid range weapons used at chest level, so I can see Leo needing to put up a strong defense in order to balance himself out against Jhun's attacks from above and head level, if he goes the traditional way of fighting most would think. One other way, is to adapt some of what Choi used, stance wise, in crouching, and go for attacks at Jhun's knees and legs, sweeps, and slash at Jhun's underside, would prove quite effective in this fight theoretically too, so long as Leo decides to dodge by rolling away, or evading Jhun's overhead attacks.

All in all, you really are doing well Rakai, and I do like your consistency in getting this matches out there as frequently as you do, I have to admit I've been having trouble writing a single one myself due to being woefully out of practice for several years, so I gotta hand it to you, you are doing quite well in spite of all of life's interferences.

Thank you for the analysis of the fight and the comments on the writing!

Yeah, I wanted to take a more humorous approach with Michelangelo and Choi more than anything else. I only regret is that I couldn't find proper videos for Choi's moveset. So I had to write around that.

But all in all, thanks for the comments.

Another fine addition to the arc, Rakai. The Chang and Choi matches went exactly as they should. Somewhere Gang-Il and Luong are upset they didn't get to participate in this fight. I like that you switched it up this time, it caught me off guard  since I was expecting Leo to fight Kim. It makes sense within the story as well since Raphael was the anchor that secured victory for the brothers against the last team.

For this fight, Z451 brought up some aspects for Jhun that I wasn't considering although I still think Leonardo figures out a way to defeat him.

I'm interested to see how the turtles react to Kim's justice speechifying when you get to that point. 

31 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Another fine addition to the arc, Rakai. The Chang and Choi matches went exactly as they should. Somewhere Gang-Il and Luong are upset they didn't get to participate in this fight. I like that you switched it up this time, it caught me off guard  since I was expecting Leo to fight Kim. It makes sense within the story as well since Raphael was the anchor that secured victory for the brothers against the last team.

For this fight, Z451 brought up some aspects for Jhun that I wasn't considering although I still think Leonardo figures out a way to defeat him.

I'm interested to see how the turtles react to Kim's justice speechifying when you get to that point. 

Glad to get your input on where this match could go! And I see that you caught on where I was going with this particular match up, I mean it only makes sense that Raphael would take on the team leader of Team Korea. I would think that one would be interesting for Raphael to experience.

As for Gang-Il and Luong, well... originally... I did want to use them in this particular match, but as far as I know... Gang-Il has not been put in the database yet. I could've also attempted to put either May Lee or Chae Lim as part of this but May Lee's moves are unusual and difficult as I am not familiar with her, and Chae Lim is more or less a female Kim Kaphwan clone as far as her techniques are concerned.

You know that would be really interesting to write out... How would Kim perceive the Turtles? As far as I know, I would think that he would recognize them as not being evil. Rough but definitely not evil as far as I know... Raphael might get fed up with that though.

Excellent set up as always Rakai. I definitely echo what everyone else has said about your writing consistency, it's great to see, as well as the humor in this one. I also want to add that I'm definitely learning a bit more about turtle anatomy from these set ups. 

As far as this match goes, I will side with those more experienced with Jhun and give the win to Leo, although I am definitely looking forward to seeing you write this kick/leg focused match up against Leo's ninjaken. My only concern is really the energy specific moves but at this point, I can't imagine anything would surprise the turtles. 

38 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Excellent set up as always Rakai. I definitely echo what everyone else has said about your writing consistency, it's great to see, as well as the humor in this one. I also want to add that I'm definitely learning a bit more about turtle anatomy from these set ups. 

As far as this match goes, I will side with those more experienced with Jhun and give the win to Leo, although I am definitely looking forward to seeing you write this kick/leg focused match up against Leo's ninjaken. My only concern is really the energy specific moves but at this point, I can't imagine anything would surprise the turtles. 

Thanks for commenting, Marvel Man!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Marvel Man
5.00 - Z451
5.00 - DSkillz
4.70 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.70 Total Combined Score
19.70 / 4 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 7
Jhun Hoon: 0

36 minutes ago, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

Leonardo (Mirage): 7

Jhun Hoon: 0

OOOOUCH! Just... OUCH for Team Korea right there! Yeeesh!!

• 2 weeks later...