Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16470 Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Choi Bounge

RakaiThwei

Donatello was having the time of his life, and he was nothing but smiles as he had been engaged in this battle. Leonardo, Raphael and Michelangelo were watching with cautious optimism as Donatello pushed himself upwards only to throw his body weight upward and firmly planted his hands onto the mat and set himself back onto his feet, quickly evading the massive steel ball which Chang tried to slam down onto the Turtle. Donatello just looked upon the larger opponent as Chang now once more stepped forward, lumbering for another attack as he raised his right arm only to bring it down and aim to crash it down onto the red masked reptile. The mutant Turtle side-stepped from the incoming path of the ball, and went onto the offensive now.

Swiftly, Donatello thrust his staff forward and butted the blunt end of the weapon firmly into Chang’s gut. Upon contact, the staff would emit a quick conduit of electricity and sparks erupted as the staff managed land it’s mark. Chang lurched forward, his hands losing their hold onto the steel ball, dropping it onto his right foot.

“HOOOOOH HOOOH HOOOH!!”

Chang moved his hands down and took hold of the heavy ball, pushing it off from his foot. Quickly raising his foot and gripping it within his hands, he worked to massage and undo the discomfort and pain which he was most unfortunate in experiencing. The burly man hadn’t even so much as realized that he had left himself completely wide open for attack. Taking advantage of this, Donatello quickly planted his staff onto the arena mat and catapulted himself forward, now pushing himself ahead and he snapped his right leg out, impacting Chang firmly in his mid-section, causing the large felon to stumble back and again place his hands onto his stomach.

Choi released a sigh as he shook his head from side to side, clearly disapproving of how Chang Koehan was performing at this particular round. Kim sternly stared ahead, crossing his arms as he took the time to observe how his disciple was being so particularly sloppy. Already, he was thinking of ways of making Chang’s training regimen more grueling as a means of punishment.

“He hasn’t learned a thing with the training… Unacceptable!”

“Well what do you expect from the big lummox?” Choi responded.

Anger now began to swell within Chang, and he rushed forward and aimed to ram right in towards the Turtle as he leaned forward with his left shoulder out. But Donatello had been counting on this, and he side-stepped to the right and turned in a quick spin to maneuver himself behind the Korean. In the midst of his spin, he hunched down and moved his arms, swinging his staff for the large man’s ankles. Chang frantically flailed his arms and he hit the ground flat onto his face and gullet. Quickly capitalizing on his downed opponent, Donatello spun his staff in a figure eight motion before he would turn with his hips and swung the ends horizontally from right to left, striking away at Chang’s shoulders, arms and sides.

The felon worked to push through the beating which Donatello happened to be inflicting on him, gritting his teeth in a display of resistance and anger. In a haze of fury, Chang moved his arms out and took hold of the red masked reptile, and quickly stood to his feet only to now throw his arms forward and release his grasp from his smaller opponent, tossing him across the ring. Donatello widened his eyes from the sudden sensation of weightless, feeling himself now suddenly being rebounded by the ropes and catapulted right back at the bearded man. Chang quickly came rushing in, moving his left arm across for a clothesline. With his quick thinking kicking to play, Donatello leaned forward and threw his weight forward, rolling underneath the incoming arm. Immediately, he snapped his right leg back and out as he took aim for Chang’s back. Impact was made, and the large bearded man was forced to stumble forward and he moved his arms to grab hold of something. He gripped the ropes, but the sudden movement made his footing give, and he flipped head over heels and hit the ground feet first, dropping to his knees and suddenly collapsing onto his stomach and face once again.

“You’re doing great, Donnie! Keep it up!” Leonardo hollered, cupping his hands around his beak.

However, things weren’t looking so good for the opposing team. Jhun moved a hand up, closing his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose as he shook his head from side to side in disapproval of the sad display which Chang was putting on. He couldn’t help but ponder that maybe he should’ve gone first. Choi on the other hand,  threw his hands up and released an exasperated and embarrassed sigh. He shouted for Chang.

“Get up, you galoot! You’re going to let some punk in a frog costume catch you with your pants down?!”

Infuriated even further, Chang slammed his fist onto the floor and bolted to stand. He turned and unleashed a furious roar at the red masked Turtle as he gripped the ropes and climbed back into the ring. Upon doing so, Chang again ran right for Donatello and he kicked his right leg out to meet the Turtle’s chest. Like before, Donatello side-stepped out of the way of the incoming kick, moving to the left rather swiftly. Chang turned and quickly reached out for his ball and chain. Grabbing the weapon, he didn’t hesitate as he now would swing the heavy ball by the chain, and swung it across with the intent to hit Donatello and perhaps smash his shell open with it.

“WHOAH!” Donatello hunched as the ball came right in for him, thankfully moving overhead.

Chang roared in fury as he now swung the ball across in the opposite direction from before, still intending on crushing the Turtle with the heavy ball and chain. The brainy Turtle widened his eyes and he again hunched down underneath the felon’s weapon. Chang quickly raised his weapon, and aimed to swing it down on top of the mutant Red Ear Slider. Without even thinking about his next move, Donatello jumped to the side and rushed in while feeling the ring shake from the weight of the ball being dropped.

Donatello rushed in towards the large bearded man before Chang could pull up the ball with his hand. Quickly, the red masked Turtle firmly planted his staff onto the mat and he kicked himself up, throwing his weight across to the left and kicked both feet out, firmly slamming them into the larger opponent’s gullet. Chang wheezed out in immediate discomfort and he stumbled back against the ropes, his weight threatening to send him toppling over once more, but he fought to regain his footing. The red masked brainy reptile moved his arms, bringing the ends of his staff horizontally across for Chang’s sides, and he would firmly strike at his opponent as audible smacks were heard. Chang grunted out and winced as he would be feeling the pile up from how hard Donatello was striking him with the staff, and then he suddenly felt a tremendous shock coursing through as the Turtle again thrust that staff outward, striking him with the blunt end of the weapon and causing a flow of electricity to move into him.

Donatello turned in a spin, and he swung his staff across horizontally to the left, firmly striking Chang on the back and causing the large man to stumble forward.

Jhun, Choi and Kim shook their heads as they stared down in disapproval of Chang’s performance in this battle. They hadn’t anticipated that what could be their team’s first defeat would be something so humiliatingly bad. If they hadn’t known any better, it was as if the opposition was playing with them. Kim looked up, and continued to watch and realized… that Donatello wasn’t playing, but rather fighting quite smart.

That was something which he had to commend.

Leonardo crossed his arms, nodding his head in approval of Donatello’s dominance in this match. But then what had he expected from his intellectual brother? It seemed as if his draw with Andy Bogard lit a fire in him, and he definitely seemed to show some enthusiasm about wanting to make up for the previous match. Michelangelo and Raphael were cheering for Donatello with much fervor.

Chang grit his teeth, defiantly trying to find whatever strength which he could as he now swung his ball across as he gripped it firmly in his hands, intending to strike at Donatello, but the brainy Turtle hunched down and managed to evade the weapon rather quickly. Taking sights of Chang’s legs, Donatello quickly swung both ends of his staff across, smacking Chang directly in his knees, and then thrust his staff forward, then dragged it back. This caused Chang to lose his footing once more and forced him to split his legs apart, his weight dropping down the middle.

“HOOOOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!” Chang cried out in pain, as his inner thigh muscles were stretched. He could only describe it as a sharp agony moving down to his knees now effectively removing his ability to stand.

Both the Turtles and Team Korea cringed at the sight of the large man positioned like that.

Chang just dropped to his sides, clutching at his legs as he shut his eyes in pain and shouted, announcing his defeat. Donatello meanwhile turned as he spun his staff within his right hand, and tucked it underneath his right arm with a satisfied smile on his face as he moved his way back over to his brothers.

The match was decided.

“Great job Donnie. You made up for the last match!” Raphael grinned.

“Glad to have your seal of approval, oh brother of mine!” Don chuckled.

Leonardo took the time to stare across the arena, observing the opposing team now huddling as they were getting ready to discuss on who they might be sending out to participate in the next match.

Kim Kaphwan stared to his remaining active members as he had moved his arms out, placing them around Choi and Jhun’s shoulders. Chang’s defeat was something that perhaps could have been prevented had the larger man trained harder and more diligently, rather than fight with his brute strength. That was something which the Taekwondo master was going to have to correct at a later time. But right now, Team Korea only had three chances remaining.

“Alright, Chang’s out… I don’t think he can stand. He might have pulled a hamstring or two.” Jhun spoke.

“Well, that frog made him split like that… I mean looking at that just hurts. I don’t think having kids is possible for him now. Just what kind of fighting is that anyway? He couldn’t even get a hit in.” Choi growled.

“A loss is a loss. I’ll correct Chang’s approach whenever we get back to training. But right now we need to figure out who we’re going to send out there. That team proved their worth when they won against Terry and his friends.” Kim spoke, raising his eyes to gaze upon the Turtles only to be met by Leonardo’s own stare.

“I’ll go. The big guy took one for the team, so it only makes sense that I go, eh?” Choi spoke out.

“By all means.” Kim nodded.

Leonardo watched as Choi now climbed up onto the ropes and slipped between them. The opposing team had chosen their next fighter, so now it was up to them to send out the next member on their team.

“Hey man, I gotta make up for my loss against the Kunoichi girl from the last fight!” Michelangelo spoke.

Leonardo turned to face his younger brother, arms still crossed as he blinked in surprise. It seemed as if other than just himself and Donatello who felt like that they needed to make up for their own shortcomings, Michelangelo was also feeling the same as well. Hopefully, his younger sibling realized the level of competition which they were facing.

“I promise… I’ll do better!” Mike smiled softly.

“We’re gonna hold you to it, bright boy! So you get on in there and kick some serious ass! Don’t let no Freddy Krueger wannabe catch you sleeping!” Raphael gruffly addressed his brother.

Michelangelo chuckled as he now stepped over towards the ring, now moving his hands up and took hold of the ropes. He pushed himself to a leap, then threw his weight forward and down, flipping over the ropes and soon found himself padding his feet onto the ring mat. As he entered, the wily Turtle looked over to see two of the tournament staff helping the larger bearded Korean man to his feet, and were heaving him away as he seemed to have a hard time standing and could only manage small limps. Mikey couldn’t help but cringe at that.

“Damn, Don… I gotta say that was kind of mean, even for you.”

Michelangelo and Choi now stared to one another, and the wily Turtle noted the many blades which were on the smaller Korean’s fingers. He couldn’t help but blink at this and also took notice of the fedora hat. No wonder Raphael had referred to him as a Freddy Krueger wannabe.

“So who came up with your look? You takin’ pages from Robert Englund’s filmography or something?”

“You stupid frog! I’ll have you know that my look is unique!” Choi interjected as he flicked his hands, spreading the steel claws open in an attempt to intimidate the Turtle.

Michelangelo moved his hands to his utility belt and gripped his chained nunchaku within his hands. Upon drawing them out, he spun and twirled them to display his level of skill with the weapons. He would move them in a figure eight motion, exchanging the handles between his fingers, and then swung them upwards and down—tucking them underneath his arms as he turned with his right side facing Choi Bounge.

“Man, you come right out of a comic book! It’s on like Donkey Kong!” He chuckled.

And then the bell rang.

Michelangelo and Choi took a few seconds to size each other up. When they were confident in themselves, the two rushed towards another. Blades were slashed. Nunchaku were swung.

Only one could walk away from this match.

The next match between The Mirage TMNT and Team Korea commences and it's the CBUB debut of Choi Bounge! Writing up the recap of the last match was relatively easy and I think perfectly reflective of the votes between Donatello and Chang Koehan, which was a 9 to 0 result if I remember. So getting that part was done relatively easy, although I think the harder part was writing up the build up to this match between Michelangelo and Choi here, which was mostly the two teams observing both Donatello and Chang, and ultimately deciding on who was going to come up next in the match up. As far as which Turtle I wanted to use, it was a tie between Raphael and Michelangelo, and I decided on Michelangelo as I felt like the character wanted to make up for his loss against Mai Shiranui in the Turtles/Team Fatal Fury matches. So without further ado, here is the next match up and I hope it's a good one!

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

--

Michelangelo is Low Tier Superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and training.

Michelangelo possesses his Nunchaku, Shurikens, Smoke Bombs, and Kunai.

Choi Bounge is in Peak Conditioning due to his training.

Choi Bounge possesses his Clawed Gloves.

Choi Bounge has his moveset from the KOF games.

Battle Environment Map

3goGCZz.png

Great set-up as usual, Rakai. The Donnie/Chang recap was entertaining and downright amusing. :) 

As for the match, I can tell you right now that there's going to be a lot of fast and furious up-close combat in this one. Choi seems skilled and (judging from his SNK Wiki article) pretty sadistic, but Mikey may be even more skilled and, somewhat surprisingly, maybe a bit more disciplined.

Choi may get some licks (and scratches) in, but I'd say Michelangelo wins here.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Great set-up as usual, Rakai. The Donnie/Chang recap was entertaining and downright amusing. :)

As for the match, I can tell you right now that there's going to be a lot of fast and furious up-close combat in this one. Choi seems skilled and (judging from his SNK Wiki article) pretty sadistic, but Mikey may be even more skilled and, somewhat surprisingly, maybe a bit more disciplined.

Choi may get some licks (and scratches) in, but I'd say Michelangelo wins here.

Yeah, I wanted to write a little bit of humor into the Donatello vs Chang Koehan recap. What I think makes this different from the Predator arcs which I did years ago is that I don't feel like I have to incorporate extreme violence and gore, and in instances like that match-- inject a little bit of comedy here and there. Throw in some slapstick, like Chang dropping the ball on his own feet, and visualizing a man of his size and girth doing splits, which HAS to be downright uncomfortable.

This match was something which I definitely wanted to have something of a melee madness going on, as Michelangelo and Choi are quite fast and furious and they have contrasting weapons with Choi and his gloved claws, and Michelangelo with his nunchaku. Blunt object vs sharp object. But given that the Mirage Turtles, Michelangelo included have fought opponents with blades before, such as Shredder and his Foot clan, they can handle a few cuts here and there.

Thanks for the comments!

Good work Rakai, I like the recaps as usual, and you did a great job at conveying the outcome of the previous match pretty handily. It's also pretty cool to see Donatello enjoying himself so much in this fight, as he is usually underestimated as a fighter by many Turtles fans, due to his reliance on his super intelligence and has to work hard to prove himself to both them and likely himself too, so that's some good character stuff for him.

Looking forward to the interactions between Choi and Michelangelo, as I imagine those two will probably have  a lot to riff each other on, and talk about during the course of their match.

Mikey will probably struggle here, but from what I can understand, if he gets in enough flying kicks and overhead strikes, he might wear Choi down enough to gain the win off of the razor man, as Choi tends to be a crouching fighter, but when faced with too many vertical strikes he might not be able to hold down a win.

25 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Good work Rakai, I like the recaps as usual, and you did a great job at conveying the outcome of the previous match pretty handily. It's also pretty cool to see Donatello enjoying himself so much in this fight, as he is usually underestimated as a fighter by many Turtles fans, due to his reliance on his super intelligence and has to work hard to prove himself to both them and likely himself too, so that's some good character stuff for him.

Looking forward to the interactions between Choi and Michelangelo, as I imagine those two will probably have  a lot to riff each other on, and talk about during the course of their match.

Mikey will probably struggle here, but from what I can understand, if he gets in enough flying kicks and overhead strikes, he might wear Choi down enough to gain the win off of the razor man, as Choi tends to be a crouching fighter, but when faced with too many vertical strikes he might not be able to hold down a win.

Thanks for commenting! I was wonder when I would hear from you!

I echo the appreciation for the comedic touch in this particular recap. I think it fits Chang's character perfectly and how he is often depicted despite his dangerous criminal past. I feel similarly about Choi. The mini Kruger may give Mikey some challenges early because he is really fast and likes to stay low to the ground, but I don't think it will be nearly enough. Michaelangelo's superior skill will get him the win in the end. Fantastic job.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Thanks for commenting! I was wonder when I would hear from you!

Heh, no problem. I've been a bit busy, but I do try and make time for my friends.

5 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I echo the appreciation for the comedic touch in this particular recap. I think it fits Chang's character perfectly and how he is often depicted despite his dangerous criminal past. I feel similarly about Choi. The mini Kruger may give Mikey some challenges early because he is really fast and likes to stay low to the ground, but I don't think it will be nearly enough. Michaelangelo's superior skill will get him the win in the end. Fantastic job.

Well, I had to remember that there is always an element of humor in TMNT, even the original Mirage series though it's nowhere near as humorous as later iterations of the franchise and I also had to remember that Chang Koehan is something of a comedic character too. I also wanted something which reflected the votes, which was a massive landslide victory for Donatello and I would like to think I have done that.

Michelangelo and Choi would definitely be an interesting match up and probably somewhat closer than i was to Donatello and Chang, so writing that one up will be interesting as far as the recap goes. Of course, I haven't found decent videos showcasing Chang and Choi's moves, which is why I likely haven't put in any showcasings of their moves in the last recap, specifically I am speaking on Chang's behalf of course.

5 hours ago, Z451 said:

Heh, no problem. I've been a bit busy, but I do try and make time for my friends.

Yeah, life can be pretty crazy from time to time! But still, thanks!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - WeAreVenom88
5.00 - DSkillz
5.00 - Z451

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
20.00 Total Combined Score
20.00 / 4 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6