Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16447 Momiji vs. Juri Han

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXVII

ninpo.jpg.099ea9aad9557d5b56b91367fbf67cc0.jpg

At a local shipping yard a good distance from the Mishima Zaibatsu,  Rolento rolled backward and jumped into the air in his fight against Ayane. (REF: AYANE VS. ROLENTO) He flung two grenades at the young kunoichi. Ayane spun and teleported away before the explosives landed near her. She reappeared behind Rolento and slashed at him with her butterfly knives. The general desperately tried to fend off Ayane’s assault with his green staff. After a few quick strikes, Ayane successfully knocked the staff from his hands. She spun around Rolento striking him first with her hands followed by a series of kicks ending in a jumping side kick that sent the former Mad Gear sub-boss to the ground. Rolento tried to roll to his feet, but Ayane would not let up, striking at his legs and then sweeping them out from under him. 

Rolento tried to grab Ayane’s leg so she jumped backward. He sat up on one knee.

“Never surrender!” he shouted.

“Don’t make me laugh,” taunted Ayane.

Rolento quickly rose to his feet and lunged at Ayane. She grabbed his arm and then jumped on his shoulders trapping his head between her knees and thighs. She moved her legs vigorously to the left and almost snapped his neck. She then stood on his shoulders and kicked him violently in the back of his head.

“You’re such a loser,” stated Ayane.

She lifted up the concussed man in yellow military fatigues and held her hands together to produce a purple energy discharge of ninpo magic that blew up in Rolento’s face and put him down for good. 

Ayane pulled out the black sack of Soul Edge shards that Jin Kazama had extracted from the warrior, Setsuka. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY) She bounced it in her hands. “Pathetic. Maybe now you and the blonde have learned your lessons (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS) and you know what you're up against. ”

With an explosion of purple energy butterflies, Ayane disappeared into the night.

“Mission failure,” Rolento whispered weakly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

momiji-500x281.jpg.a485bd626eeb1a5fc30d4ed5f5597864.jpg

After she had dispatched not one (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN), but two taekwondo masters (REF: KIM KAPHWAN VS. JURI HAN) in Japan, Juri Han resumed her pursuit of M. Bison. She traveled to Thailand and to Shadoloo’s base of operations. The scene she found inside was an unexpected one. Slain Shadoloo lackeys littered the ground surrounded by large puddles of blood. Juri’s eyes widened with surprise and excitement. She wondered who had gotten the jump on Shadoloo, certainly Guile or Cammy White wouldn’t have engaged in such brutality. A twinge of disappointment struck Juri as she realized there was a strong possibility that Bison wasn’t even home given the state of his base. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN) She followed the flow of carnage and spotted one of Bison’s dolls, Xiayu, knocked out on the ground. Not far from her was the unconscious body of Vega. He appeared to have been badly burned. (REF: MOMIJI VS. VEGA)

“This just gets better by the minute,” noted Juri.

Her eyes wandered over to the sight of three broken containment tubes. She had found the source of all the violence. Juri figured that either what was inside the tubes had broken out and attacked Shadoloo or the person or people responsible for the blood bath had set them free.

Honestly, Juri really just wanted to stay there and confront Bison and probably taunt him over the destruction of his base unit. It was why she had offered her services to Kazuya Mishima in the first place. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI) But, she knew that the things in the tubes were what Kazuya and Bison were fighting over. If she wanted to maximize her payday she would have to retrieve them. 

One hundred yards away, the Dragon Shrine Maiden,  Momiji, pulled the bodies of Viola, Z.W.E.I., and Talim into an abandoned warehouse. She pondered over her next move. Momiji knew she wouldn’t be able to carry the trio for much longer and evade pursuit from Shadoloo. She considered hiding them and contacting some of the ninjas from Hayabusa Village to pick them up. She quickly nixed this idea as she did not want to leave any trail that would lead Shadoloo to her village’s doorstep. Next, she thought about using her Spiritual Regeneration to heal the three warriors. Surely, such a kind act would show them that she was someone they could trust and perhaps then they would listen to her. However, Momiji was unsure if she would have enough inside her to restore all three warriors without depleting herself. Moreover, even if she did succeed in restoring the three, Momiji did not know if she would be able to properly project peace and trust in her current state.

Momiji looked over her blood soaked naginata with some disappointment.  Her initial instruction from her mentor, Ryu Hayabusa, was to simply do some reconnaissance in Shadoloo after M. Bison abducted the three ancient warriors.  (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA) The operation went sideways when she was attacked by one of Bison’s dolls and then by one of his generals, Vega. She was able to defeat both, but her goal of stealth observation was undone in the process. Momiji thought back to how after she released Viola, Z.W.E.I., and Talim from their pods. Momiji had to jump, slide, and weave through the Shadoloo base, taking down any grunt in her path. She just hoped that she had reached a point where she was no longer being followed by the remnants of Bison’s base army. That hope was quickly dashed though when Momiji could feel herself being watched.

“Reveal yourself,” she demanded.

A purple light flashed in the distance.

Jurii.jpg.7a9b22cfd21f854d8510de4137401e10.jpg

“Sorry I took so long to catch up,” Juri Han remarked. “I was just taking my time to admire your handiwork. Such beautiful carnage. I will admit I didn’t expect to find a flower like you at the end of such a long bloody trail.”

“I did what I did only because I had to,” Momiji insisted.

“No need to lie to me, kitten. Your claws are evident and I dig it,” stated Juri.

“Who are you and what do you want?” asked Momiji.

“The name is Juri,” answered the sadistic taekwondo practitioner. “If you are wondering if I work for that bastard, Bison, don’t worry I don’t. Like I said I loved your work. It was like an aphrodisiac. However, the man I am working for wants your cargo, so hand it over.”

Momiji glanced down at Talim and Viola by her feet. “You want them?”

“Not me personally. For whatever reason, they mean a great deal to Kazuya Mishima. I’m just the delivery girl.” Juri chuckled. “They look like they are going to be a pain to transport, but the payday will make it worthwhile.”

Momiji stood firm. “No. Kazuya must not get his hands on them. He is no better than M. Bison.”

“I guess that depends on your perspective,” Juri retorted.

“If you want to claim them for Kazuya, then you will have to go through me to get them,” Momiji declared.

A devilish smile appeared on Juri’s face. “I was waiting for you to say that." She licked her lips.  "Let’s make it a night to remember.”

The second third round match pitting Momiji who has previously defeated Seong Mi-na and Vega against Juri Han who beaten down Luong and Kim Kaphwan.

Since I showed off her Dead or Alive combos im her previous match, here is Momiji from her home franchise, Ninja Gaiden. It served as inspiration for her escape from Shadoloo.

Just to make sure I'm giving some equal non fighting game coverage here is Juri powering up to take down Guile.

This one... is definitely going to be tough.

Juri has done some very insane feats but that was primarily because of the Feng Shui engine which at one point was installed in her eye and by the events of Street Fighter V, the eye was removed and she even went through an overhaul in terms of movesets because of that. Assuming she has her eye... This makes Juri to be an exceptionally dangerous and powerful opponent.

However, Momiji has trained with the best ninja in the DOA/Ninja Gaiden Universe and that's Ryu Hayabusa. She's not only a Dragon Shrine Maiden, which gives her some magical powers, but she's also got the naturally developed speed, strength and skill which a high level Hayabusa ninja has... Possibly on par with Ryu, and with the Dragon Magatama embedded into her soul... well, she's damn powerful now.

Pssscht... I would say Momiji takes this based on her training and her experiences in taking down inhuman enemies. Yeah... My girl Momiji has this.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Good continuation and entertaining (and a little funny) recap of the Ayane/Rolento match-up.

As for this match, I also think Momiji would win this, but it may be close. Momiji may be quite skilled with more power and better physicals overall, but Juri is pretty powerful and skilled in her own right and may come close to psyching out the younger and less experienced kunoichi somewhat with her sadistic tendencies.

Overall, though, Momiji should likely win here.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - SSJRuss
4.60 - DSkillz
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - RakaiThwei

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.10 Total Combined Score
18.10 / 4 = 4.53 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Momiji: 4