Doctor Doom

Slot: The Team's Marvel Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doctor Doom at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain

This depends on if Dr. Doom is his 2-A incarnation or not. I know we usually use people at their strongest, but in that specific situation he very temporarily stole the powers of beings like Galactus, and did so with tremendous prep time. If we don't use that version, Shazam has a good shot here. Doom does have haxy magic, but he also has many bad showings against beings weaker than Shazam. Granted, he also has good feats against just about every Earth-based and even cosmic Marvel hero, but Shazam's power is right up there with top-tier Marvel heroes, and Doom has no prep against him at all. Not entirely sure on this one

Victor is going to have to use strategy during the fight if he hopes to defeat Shazam.  He does have one big advantage, that being Shazam is powered by Billy Batson who is mentally just a typical young man.

Doom is leagues above Billy in terms of tactical intelligence.

I'd say the longer this goes on, the more Doom can take advantage of what he sees.  Depends on if Billy can finish it quickly.

I wanna back up my guy Billy Batson over here but Doom is notorious for his tactical mindset and combination of science and magic.

If Billy is going to have a decent chance of winning here, he's going to need to actively invoke EVERY power that makes up SHAZAM and really make use of the Wisdom of Solomon here.

If Billy can use the Wisdom of Solomon, he can get access to many magical spells if that power is invoked and it may also counter whatever sciences Doom might throw. The Wisdom of Solomon feeds Billy information.

If Billy can use his Speed of Mercury, Strength of Hercules, and Power of Zeus, as well as courage of Achilles... He can win this.

6 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

I wanna back up my guy Billy Batson over here but Doom is notorious for his tactical mindset and combination of science and magic.

If Billy is going to have a decent chance of winning here, he's going to need to actively invoke EVERY power that makes up SHAZAM and really make use of the Wisdom of Solomon here.

If Billy can use the Wisdom of Solomon, he can get access to many magical spells if that power is invoked and it may also counter whatever sciences Doom might throw. The Wisdom of Solomon feeds Billy information.

If Billy can use his Speed of Mercury, Strength of Hercules, and Power of Zeus, as well as courage of Achilles... He can win this.

This is perfectly put, and was something akin to what I had in mind to say about this battle. Dr. Doom, himself, would be quite tempted by the power that Shazam possesses (godly power given to a kid might also tick Doom off, if he were to realize what the being is that possesses this kind of power.) I think Dr. Doom could easily steal the powers of Billy if he were to so desire, but whether he would is up in the air. Does Billy start by speedblitzing people? I can't recall him ever being that blood thirsty.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

This is perfectly put, and was something akin to what I had in mind to say about this battle. Dr. Doom, himself, would be quite tempted by the power that Shazam possesses (godly power given to a kid might also tick Doom off, if he were to realize what the being is that possesses this kind of power.) I think Dr. Doom could easily steal the powers of Billy if he were to so desire, but whether he would is up in the air. Does Billy start by speedblitzing people? I can't recall him ever being that blood thirsty.

As far as I know of current Shazam lore, the only person to successfully steal the power of Shazam was Teth-Adam, at least-- back when he was a slave and killed the chosen champion which the Wizard had chosen to be the avatar of the six gods and ultimately became Black Adam by snapping the boy's neck and was struck by the empowering lightning, but stayed as Black Adam for thousands of years to prevent his own mortal timed death. At least, this is the case for New 52/Rebirth Shazam and Black Adam anyway as far as stealing the power of Shazam is concerned. Not sure how it can be stolen by any other way.

As far as Billy speed blitzing other people... Well, I don't think he's done that often but he's shown it in one a few instances, and off the top of my head, he's done it against a corrupted Superman. And even used his speed to save Guy Gardner who was falling, and even was fast enough to stop an electrical fire from happening but his greatest speed feat is him being noted by Superman that he at some point outpaced the Flash, who Superman even mentioned was faster than him.

1RhQVwO.png

Also in regards to the Wisdom of Solomon, it seems to be a power which is always active and has a very interesting function.

xJhRNZC.jpg

And in another instance... It also sort of acts as a precognitive danger sense, not in the way similar to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense but enough to warn him that attacking an enemy could pose danger to a civilian.

5PetAzT.jpg

And apparently, the Wisdom of Solomon allowed him to command an Egyptian army and allowed him access to 5,000 years of tactical warfare.

JAtlAY2.jpg

52 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Even Doom’s most casual armor allows him to solo the Avengers, Hulk and Thor amongst them. I think he takes this.

Do you have some reference to share where this occurred?  What is Doom's most casual armor?  Is that like his nightgown?  What was the Avengers line-up at the time?

Could we not assume that Shazam might also be able to solo the Avengers?  I think he might. He'd certainly give 'em hell.

Squirrel Girl beat Doom. Does that mean we should assume that Squirrel Girl can also solo the Avengers including Hulk and Thor? Asking for a friend.

12 minutes ago, Fox said:

Could we not assume that Shazam might also be able to solo the Avengers?  I think he might. He'd certainly give 'em hell.

Shazam has fought mind controlled and blood lusted members of the Justice League, and he was doing relatively well... despite holding back.

2d8d706a0132d936011131cb52003aaf7018227e

50e2d53ad4a73f9d62bac3158ee8528775b3cd16

c4b510458e469afadb55b96483d94642654aeae0

008eacb4551800cd3ae09626e2f578967362f497

5f2ebb1fb8d98602c42ee5988294f4a640d3d59a

On 5/13/2021 at 12:23 AM, Fox said:

Do you have some reference to share where this occurred?  What is Doom's most casual armor?  Is that like his nightgown?  What was the Avengers line-up at the time?

Squirrel Girl beat Doom. Does that mean we should assume that Squirrel Girl can also solo the Avengers including Hulk and Thor? Asking for a friend.

No not like his nightgown. I meant the armor he usually wears during encounters with heroes, I said casual because it’s not armor like Iron Man’s hulkbuster armor or Batman’s anti-Superman suit that the characters would only wear during specific situations.

As for references, the images below are some of the best Doom combat feats I could find: the first one shows him pretty casually one-shoting Captain America, Iron Man, Vision, and Wasp at once. The next two show him rag dolling and incapacitating Thor, and the final two show him beating and KOing Hulk.E2BFB7AF-55E6-4EAE-9143-4B3B77055A3A.thumb.jpeg.e93c8088dd6cea6ac9913fdaaa82f10a.jpegADFDF903-FF8D-4F2F-BB70-135FB971EC7E.thumb.jpeg.28faebc41fa407eb643b13973817f889.jpeg00E1431E-19A3-4D24-BA7E-065428B4CA1D.thumb.jpeg.2e86ed156a3e8c58708650fc947cc8ad.jpeg02179457-EC44-4AF7-A302-94A823224CCB.thumb.jpeg.4ebfb612d1090ffdbfb9e14a47881d85.jpegB95BA5B7-D5A9-485A-9AB8-885200ABA861.thumb.jpeg.30f1374384c0a6eda7fcc7148c8b932c.jpeg

Anyways could Shazam replicate these feats? Maybe, but not nearly as casual as how Doom did, which makes me lean towards Doom being stronger. As for Squirrel Girl, I think it’s a pretty accepted fact that once she’s off screen, she becomes the strongest character in the fictional universe. So I don’t consider a loss to her to be that bad.

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Anyways could Shazam replicate these feats? Maybe, but not nearly as casual as how Doom did, which makes me lean towards Doom being stronger. As for Squirrel Girl, I think it’s a pretty accepted fact that once she’s off screen, she becomes the strongest character in the fictional universe. So I don’t consider a loss to her to be that bad.

She actually beats Doom on-screen. Not making a comment on the overall analysis or anything, just throwing that out there

9 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

No not like his nightgown. I meant the armor he usually wears during encounters with heroes, I said casual because it’s not armor like Iron Man’s hulkbuster armor or Batman’s anti-Superman suit that the characters would only wear during specific situations.

Great screenies, thanks for that. 

Yeah, it was just such an interesting turn of phrase to me: Dooms most casual armor.

I was like, is that a thing?  Does he monologue that?

"Pathetic fool, you are an insect to me!  I will solo you in my casual armor!"