Darkseid

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Darkseid at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

This would be one hell of a fight. They're both Multiversal, they're both heavy-hitters in their respective universes. Darkseid is so powerful that merely falling through a universe threatened to destroy it. I'll need to do more research to come to a definitive conclusion, but my initial thought is that while their physicals are roughly equal, Darkseid is smarter and has more useful equipment for this matchup which might give him an edge. Again, I'll need to look more into it  though

As far as I know about Knull, his only real weaknesses are light and the Enigma Force, otherwise known as Captain Universe. Now what I mean by light are intense sources like the sun as he is a God of the Void.

Knull is so very powerful that he took over 99.9% of the Marvel universe and aside from literally covering over the Earth with Symbiotes to where the sun was blotted out, he also KILLED The Sentry and absorbed his negative aspect, The Void. This makes Knull INCREDIBLY powerful.

Also, he can create Necroswords or Symbiote Swords which have proven to kill Gods, the most famous being All-Black, the SAME SWORD that Gorr the God Butcher used.

And Knull has killed Celestials, even had the FIRST Symbiote, All-Black, forged in the fires of the head of a Celestial and even had Symbiotes take over Celestials. Then there are the Grendel Symbiotes... Symbiote Dragons who are multiple Symbiotes fused as one functioning entity.

Darkseid is going to have his hands full as Knull also has many avatars which he uses as proxies to fight with and they are very powerful.

Darkseid is not just fighting one entity, he's fighting a hivemind and legion. That's what Knull is.

Unless Darkseid has the Enigma Force or is Captain Universe... He's going to have a hard battle.

Gotta go with Knull.

• Like 1

Darkseid and Knull are both very similiar in the way they work, they're both extremely powerful, ancient beings who command literal armies of Hell. Fortunately, Darkseid, in my honest opinion, has showcased the better feats. He has the ability to mind control an entire planet filled with Kryptonian level beings (Knull also has the ability to mind control things, but that power appears to be confined solely to symbiotes). He has the omega beams, which have the ability to literally delete someone from existence. However, Knull has the ability to kill even immortal beings with his All Sword.

This is where it gets tricky.

If Darkseid, for some reason, resorts to sending anything other than proxies to fight Knull, he will lose this fight. Showcasing his real self, therefore allowing Knull to get to him, will get him killed very fast. It genuinely only take one slice, as the Celestial that became Knowhere can attest. However, I don't think this is his modus operandi, so it leaves Knull with no real way to get to Darkseid. For that reason, I think that Darkseid will reign supreme.

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

(Knull also has the ability to mind control things, but that power appears to be confined solely to symbiotes).

This part is half right. Knull has dominion over the aspect of darkness as he can influence beings who have an affinity for darkness and shadows Knull didn't just create the Symbiotes, he also created shadow entities like Mr. E.

And then there's Cloak, the same Cloak from Cloak and Dagger. Knull's presence even was influencing him solely because Cloak is aligned with darkness. It was making him more unhinged and brutal in his approach to where Dagger needed to literally shine her light just to keep his behavior regulated.

Even when Knull was defeated by an Enigma Force empowered Eddie Brock, and was burned in the sun to nothing, he had a chance to live on through Brock's son Dylan. Only when Brock purged Dylan of Knull's power and essence, and became the new Symbiote God when he assumed the Venom Symbiote and took control of the Hive Mind, was Knull truly defeated.

But I don't see Darkseid being able to do this. The Enigma Force wouldn't choose someone like him, and I doubt Darkseid would realize that as long as Knull's essence is still present in the dominion of darkness, would he really be rid of Knull.

Both would send proxies to engage one another, both would have no choice but to come out as their true selves.

6 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

This part is half right. Knull has dominion over the aspect of darkness as he can influence beings who have an affinity for darkness and shadows Knull didn't just create the Symbiotes, he also created shadow entities like Mr. E.

And then there's Cloak, the same Cloak from Cloak and Dagger. Knull's presence even was influencing him solely because Cloak is aligned with darkness. It was making him more unhinged and brutal in his approach to where Dagger needed to literally shine her light just to keep his behavior regulated.

Even when Knull was defeated by an Enigma Force empowered Eddie Brock, and was burned in the sun to nothing, he had a chance to live on through Brock's son Dylan. Only when Brock purged Dylan of Knull's power and essence, and became the new Symbiote God when he assumed the Venom Symbiote and took control of the Hive Mind, was Knull truly defeated.

But I don't see Darkseid being able to do this. The Enigma Force wouldn't choose someone like him, and I doubt Darkseid would realize that as long as Knull's essence is still present in the dominion of darkness, would he really be rid of Knull.

Both would send proxies to engage one another, both would have no choice but to come out as their true selves.

Darkseid doesn't have to beat him the same way he was defeated the previous time to win is my biggest contention here. If he's just substantially more powerful he would be able to just destroy Knull most likely. I'm not saying that he is more powerful necessarily, I'm just saying the Enigma Force doesn't have to choose Darkseid for Darkseid to be able to win just because that's how Knull was defeated in the comic. 

6 hours ago, Macklemore said:

If Darkseid, for some reason, resorts to sending anything other than proxies to fight Knull, he will lose this fight. Showcasing his real self, therefore allowing Knull to get to him, will get him killed very fast. It genuinely only take one slice, as the Celestial that became Knowhere can attest. However, I don't think this is his modus operandi, so it leaves Knull with no real way to get to Darkseid. For that reason, I think that Darkseid will reign supreme.

True form Darkseid is more powerful than Marvel's average Celestials, and can't really exist in a universe if I'm remembering properly. He is also too powerful for this tier, so it's a moot point. 

If this were Darkseid's true form, he would be too powerful for Knull to handle. However, as it is, I think it would be a war of attrition. Darkseid, unable to appear in his most powerful incarnation because of the rules of this category, would find himself having an incredibly hard time beating Knull. It would effectively become a war of attrition in which neither can permanently kill the other. I think Darkseid intelligence and propensity to create tech that helps him gives him the better chance of eventually finding a way of beating Knull, but Knull's higher physicals means he'll win any individual fight between their proxies more often then not. Really, this depends on what "victory" means in my eyes. Darkseid would most likely lose the initial fight and probably lose his proxy/avatar, so that could be the end of it, but if it becomes a war of attrition, between Darkseid's intelligence and his incredibly tenacity I think he would eventually devise a way to win

iam giving this to darkseid because it's a close fight and to much stuff in the knull story didn't make any sense to me  the celestials were his best feat and they were pretty much used as fodder and it makes no sense that a symbiot could posses  an energy being  the celestials are energy beings encased in a shell  the story never explained it just allowed it to happen and  those celestials seemed way easier to kill than the ones we have previously known but his showings against king thor  is enough to make this a good fight but iam sticking with darkseid 

5 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

iam giving this to darkseid because it's a close fight and to much stuff in the knull story didn't make any sense to me  the celestials were his best feat and they were pretty much used as fodder and it makes no sense that a symbiot could posses  an energy being  the celestials are energy beings encased in a shell  the story never explained it just allowed it to happen and  those celestials seemed way easier to kill than the ones we have previously known but his showings against king thor  is enough to make this a good fight but iam sticking with darkseid 

The Symbiotes under Knull's control are a lot more powerful than what we were originally lead to believe. As it turns out, their whole weakness towards fire and sound is actually psychological because this was a trait which the first symbiote, All-Black, experienced when it was being forged into a sword inside of the head of a Celestial. So really, flames and sound are nothing more than just a psychological echo and the weakness is kind of a placebo effect that manifested in the generations afterwards.

Also, the Symbiotes are actually LIVING DARKNESS. Living, organic, darkness... This is even shown when Symbiote Spider-Man was able to punch Mr. E, an entity made out of shadows during the whole Symbiote Spider-Man tie-in to the King in Black series. So, it's likely that it's darkness taking over energy or something like that, so long as Knull is influencing the Symbiotes and making them more powerful. And Symbiotes can do some INSANE things when connected to a hivemind...

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

The Symbiotes under Knull's control are a lot more powerful than what we were originally lead to believe. As it turns out, their whole weakness towards fire and sound is actually psychological because this was a trait which the first symbiote, All-Black, experienced when it was being forged into a sword inside of the head of a Celestial. So really, flames and sound are nothing more than just a psychological echo and the weakness is kind of a placebo effect that manifested in the generations afterwards.

Also, the Symbiotes are actually LIVING DARKNESS. Living, organic, darkness... This is even shown when Symbiote Spider-Man was able to punch Mr. E, an entity made out of shadows during the whole Symbiote Spider-Man tie-in to the King in Black series. So, it's likely that it's darkness taking over energy or something like that, so long as Knull is influencing the Symbiotes and making them more powerful. And Symbiotes can do some INSANE things when connected to a hivemind...

so it's like darkmatter and dark energy manipulation that's a better explanation atleast  it would be a cool fight  seeing what the omega effect would do against them